Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Marital Rape - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Marital Rape (27788 Views)

Poll: Is it ok for a man to force his wife to have sex with him?

Yes: 16% (34 votes)
No: 83% (172 votes)
This poll has ended

Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / ‘I Killed Our 3-day-old Baby To Cover Up Pre-marital Sex’ / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital Rape by SweetT1: 12:42pm On Feb 12, 2008
@Lady T

aha, that's it !! So you've been heartbroken too many times. But let me tell you something sweetheart, if your currnet man is worth the stress better stick to him and search inside your soul to see if there is something you need to change about you.
Re: Marital Rape by RDynamite(f): 1:05pm On Feb 12, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Men should not take the emotional abuse of being denied sex! Just leave the wicked woman alone. All those psycho-emotional health stuff do not count. She should take her drugs for all those bipolar,

debosky:

It should NEVER be used as a tool to punish or get back at your spouse.

do not let things get to a stage where a man has to beg his wife to enjoy conjugal benefits. Once you push things beyond the normal ranges, humans become irrational

You guys are funny grin

Anyway, rape shouldn't be the last resort.I mean, come on!! I wonder why a woman would say no to sex knowing fully well how badly her husband wants it, and vice versa. Even if you're tired, I think there are ways to go about it tongue

I know some women say no to get at their husbands like Debo said. That's sad tho'. I know a woman who does that grin

A man who resorts to raping should be checked up for psychiatric issues, anyway. It's abnormal IMO.

On the other hand, I think it's only couples who are struggling with their relationship/marriage that are prone to this kind of situation. Couples who are in love and understand each other would be the last people to think of raping each other grin.

Good luck to "couples" and "lovers". grin
Re: Marital Rape by waleab: 1:20pm On Feb 12, 2008
if there is a statistics for this wicked and vile act i am sure it will not be upto 0.000001% of marraiges worldwide where this kind of thing happens. for all the unhappiness and sadness people like funmi see, there are many perfectly happy couples out there enjoying good communication and healthy sex life. everything in life is not about was and fights.

jaw jaw better than war war as they say
Re: Marital Rape by LadyT(f): 2:14pm On Feb 12, 2008
kiss @ Debo

Sweet T I have no problem whats wrong with you this man?  My mistake is I was always too trusting.  Not no more.  If you mess up it don't suprise me
Re: Marital Rape by squirrel20(f): 2:44pm On Feb 12, 2008
i think it is wrong for a man to forcefully sleep with his wife but at the same time i don't think it is right for any woman to refuse her husband for no good reason.
Re: Marital Rape by blacklion(m): 3:43pm On Feb 12, 2008
Posted by: squirrel20

i think it is wrong for a man to forcefully sleep with his wife but at the same time i don't think it is right for any woman to refuse her husband for no good reason.

OK, so lets take it to the next level - what would be a good reason for a woman to refuse her husband?
Re: Marital Rape by kolaoloye(m): 4:11pm On Feb 12, 2008
@ blacklion,
1. IF THERE IS A RED SIGNAL FROM THE COMMAND.
2. IF THE WOMAN IS NOT PHYSICALLY FIT
3. IF SHE IS WAITING ON THE LORD.
4. IF THE WOMAN HAD JUST LICKED ANOTHER MAN`S HONEY which
WE ALL KNOW THAT IS WRONG , BUT THEY DO IT.
YES, THEY DO IT.
Re: Marital Rape by Eclairs: 4:23pm On Feb 12, 2008
blacklion:

OK, so lets take it to the next level - what would be a good reason for a woman to refuse her husband?

A gud reason cld be she isnt in the mood, well as far as the woman is concern and though u may say this isnt a good enough reason, u'd agree that there must be consent without which it amounts to rape.
Re: Marital Rape by hotfunmi(f): 4:50pm On Feb 12, 2008
By pennywise,
This discourse is hardly about superiority between man and woman. Neither is it about systemic oppression of women. There have been numerous NGOs created by  opportunity seeking folks that have tried to wipe up sentiments and create imaginary divide so they can reap from it. It hasn't worked any where from Saudi to North America back to Africa. So ambitious folks like Hotfunmi need to think twice as they  toy with pet NGO.
Trust me it will work. The greatest impediment here is poverty, if this women are empowered and they are sure they can provide for themselves, you'll see all of them leave their husbands homes en masse.  If there is no education,jobs etc, they'll be afraid to go and stand on their own coupled with the shattered self esteem thereby allowing themselves to be treated like beast of burdens in their matrimonial homes.  You've seen the abuses and insinuations about me just because i demand to be seen as equal to men, imagine what those women will go through if they raise a voice about oppression.  Men will call you anything from lesbian to feminist anytime you point fingers at their nose and am not new to that. MY NGO will be deep rooted, fiery but respectful towards culture and religion. You see why i said that  women are the only oppressed group in our society that lives in intimate association with their opressors?.
Funmi is surely coming back to Nigeria in 5 years time and Nigerian men should roll their sleeves and get ready because I'll neuter the faiunt hearted and make the strong hearted live on edge.
Re: Marital Rape by moneybags: 5:31pm On Feb 12, 2008
Funny thread and responses!

To all of the men here threatening to go do it outside if the woman says "no", I say "grow up"! If you're cheating on your partner, chances are that she's cheating on you too and you're too dumb to notice simply because most of you believe that cheating is a man's right and women don't do it. So there's no point introducing into your relationship something that you don't want perpetrated.

No woman will constantly refuse sex from her husband, especially if it's pleasurable. The problem a lot of men have in this regard is that they don't know how to meet their woman's need. For a woman, sex doesn't just start in bed. It's in the way you treat her all day long. Little things like paying attention to the kids, helping out around the house, holding her hand (in a non-sexual way) and talking to her about her day, and just generally doing all you can to make her happy certainly do turn a woman on cheesy. You can't expect to ignore her all day long (all in the name of "i'm too busy at work"wink, come home and then expect her to suddenly be in the mood for sex. It don't work that way! Women are wired differently from men and to them, romance is important. Of course, it's only the men who take the time to understand this important difference that will enjoy their female companion.

Having said that though, it's not right for anyone, man or woman, to constantly deny their spouse sex. As a man, if your woman is denying you constantly, you need to have a discussion with her. You might just be surprised at the things you'll find out from that discussion and you may also find that the problem is much easier to fix than you imagined. Sex in marriage is pleasurable, and women enjoy it too.
Re: Marital Rape by kenosky: 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2008
dejavu undecided undecided i feel like i v been down dis road b4. There r no words for rape angry angry, only SENTENCES!!!
Re: Marital Rape by Sarin(f): 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2008
Please, is there anything like marital rape? As a woman it is your obligation and you must fulfil it and even if you dont enjoy it or want it you must pretend (pretence must look real o, not to piss hubby off). Or else, hubby will start chasing sweet 16 before one knows it and marriage dey break be that. We were told on our wedding day that it is a compulsory course for we couples, so, let's always keep that at the back of our mind wink
Re: Marital Rape by Seun(m): 8:12pm On Feb 12, 2008
Ladies, shine your eyes. never marry a man who makes statements like this one.
Re: Marital Rape by hotfunmi(f): 8:20pm On Feb 12, 2008
By Moneybags,

To all of the men here threatening to go do it outside if the woman says "no", I say "grow up"! If you're cheating on your partner, chances are that she's cheating on you too and you're too dumb to notice simply because most of you believe that cheating is a man's right and women don't do it. So there's no point introducing into your relationship something that you don't want perpetrated.

No woman will constantly refuse sex from her husband, especially if it's pleasurable. The problem a lot of men have in this regard is that they don't know how to meet their woman's need. For a woman, sex doesn't just start in bed. It's in the way you treat her all day long. Little things like paying attention to the kids, helping out around the house, holding her hand (in a non-sexual way) and talking to her about her day, and just generally doing all you can to make her happy certainly do turn a woman on . You can't expect to ignore her all day long (all in the name of "i'm too busy at work"wink, come home and then expect her to suddenly be in the mood for sex. It don't work that way! Women are wired differently from men and to them, romance is important. Of course, it's only the men who take the time to understand this important difference that will enjoy their female companion.

Having said that though, it's not right for anyone, man or woman, to constantly deny their spouse sex. As a man, if your woman is denying you constantly, you need to have a discussion with her. You might just be surprised at the things you'll find out from that discussion and you may also find that the problem is much easier to fix than you imagined. Sex in marriage is pleasurable, and women enjoy it too.

Oh lord, I love this man. Will you marry me please?
Re: Marital Rape by Dreloaded(f): 8:49pm On Feb 12, 2008
moneybags:

No woman will constantly refuse sex from her husband, especially if it's pleasurable. The problem a lot of men have in this regard is that they don't know how to meet their woman's need. For a woman, sex doesn't just start in bed. It's in the way you treat her all day long. Little things like paying attention to the kids, helping out around the house, holding her hand (in a non-sexual way) and talking to her about her day, and just generally doing all you can to make her happy certainly do turn a woman on cheesy. You can't expect to ignore her all day long (all in the name of "i'm too busy at work"wink, come home and then expect her to suddenly be in the mood for sex. It don't work that way! Women are wired differently from men and to them, romance is important. Of course, it's only the men who take the time to understand this important difference that will enjoy their female companion.

Exactly. No one would deny something if it's sweet. If she says No, she's either angry, sick or bored of you.

Peole still go outside even if the wife gives it 24/7 so enough of the lame excuses cos she can easily go outside too or even meet the younger houseboy and get it on. shio.
Re: Marital Rape by debosky(m): 8:55pm On Feb 12, 2008
D-reloaded:

Exactly. No one would deny something if it's sweet. If she says No, she's either angry, sick or bored of you.

Peole still go outside even if the wife gives it 24/7 so enough of the lame excuses because she can easily go outside too or even meet the younger houseboy and get it on. shio.

So the houseboy sabi romance pass oga? undecided sad angry Tufiakwa!

Some women will deny even if its sweet - manipulative, twisted females (TOH) who are out to hurt men. sad grin

If the wife is giving it 24/7 the poor man would be too darn exhausted to go outside for anything. . .I know this for a fact. wink grin
Re: Marital Rape by creekboy: 9:06pm On Feb 12, 2008
Even the Holy Bible affirms, she has a choice, [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Marital Rape by delegiwa(m): 9:31pm On Feb 12, 2008
So you guys are still on this issue? Well, it has become obvious that the issue here is not rape anymore but how to empower women so as to get them to that level of independence that will warrant them to leave their marital home in droves.

For the avoidance of any doubt, ANY MAN THAT FORCES HIS WIFE TO SEX IS SICK. ANY WOMAN WHO REFUSES HIS HUSBAND SEX IS NOT HELPING MATTERS. So it goes to say that dialogue can go a long way to solve this problem.

But what I cannot sit down here and swallow is for anyone man or woman to (by design or by any yeye NGO) try and distablize the home. I have no respect for such person man or woman.

5 years time? P L E A S E !!!!!
Re: Marital Rape by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 12, 2008
D-reloaded:

Peole still go outside even if the wife gives it 24/7 so enough of the lame excuses because she can easily go outside too or even meet the younger houseboy and get it on. shio.

Haven't you heard Nigerian women are now using their teeth to bite off the dogonyaro?
Any man thinking of cheating is doing so at a great risk
Re: Marital Rape by SweetT1: 12:19am On Feb 13, 2008
@D-reloaded

TOH don come, let her put her usual spin on the topic.
Re: Marital Rape by spoilt(f): 2:09am On Feb 13, 2008
TOH come and hear this one oh! your pic has some people salivating like pavlov dogs! grin
Re: Marital Rape by MP007(m): 2:59am On Feb 13, 2008
Oh nigeria!! they prefer to share those kinds of stories on mystery programs like nkan be and co, ,
Re: Marital Rape by Nwaka77: 3:23am On Feb 13, 2008
moneybags:

Gbam! you hit the nail right on the head. I can see that you know what you are talking about because everything is on point. Bless your heart for this post!
Re: Marital Rape by Pennywise(m): 8:21am On Feb 13, 2008
Moneybag, with all these ladies angling all over you. You have to beware if you want to live long.
Re: Marital Rape by yemivictor: 9:08am On Feb 13, 2008
Trust me it will work. The greatest impediment here is poverty, if this women are empowered and they are sure they can provide for themselves, you'll see all of them leave their husbands homes en masse.  If there is no education,jobs etc, they'll be afraid to go and stand on their own coupled with the shattered self esteem thereby allowing themselves to be treated like beast of burdens in their matrimonial homes.  You've seen the abuses and insinuations about me just because i demand to be seen as equal to men, imagine what those women will go through if they raise a voice about oppression.  Men will call you anything from lesbian to feminist anytime you point fingers at their nose and am not new to that. MY NGO will be deep rooted, fiery but respectful towards culture and religion. You see why i said that  women are the only oppressed group in our society that lives in intimate association with their opressors?.
Funmi is surely coming back to Nigeria in 5 years time and Nigerian men should roll their sleeves and get ready because I'll neuter the faiunt hearted and make the strong hearted live on edge.

ROFLMFAO!!!

@ Hotfunmi,

You are sooooo delusional!!! grin grin grin
Re: Marital Rape by yemivictor: 9:18am On Feb 13, 2008

Go spend those 5 years looking for your baby-daddy first!

Then the NGO can follow!! grin grin grin
Re: Marital Rape by Chiori(m): 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2008
It is wrong for a man to rape his wife. But it will not help matters if he is remanded in prison custody for a long time. We are out for workable marriages, not the ones destroyed by state. So I would prefer a three week stay behind bars.
Re: Marital Rape by kac(f): 1:01pm On Feb 13, 2008
when a woman says no,as a responsible man that has respect for a persons opinion,you honour her request and u draw back. anything outside that is using of force and that is rape.
Re: Marital Rape by RDynamite(f): 2:11pm On Feb 13, 2008
As much as this sexual abuse is real I find it rather funny. Can't imagine a man getting all violent with me just 'cause of sex grin
Men, una deh try sha shocked grin
Re: Marital Rape by zains: 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2008
That lady- HotFunmi sure needs a man!!! A hot dude at that, who can give "IT" to her till she speaks in tongues. cheesy
Then, and only then will the heat in her anatomy subside. wink
Re: Marital Rape by moneybags: 3:07pm On Feb 13, 2008
Pennywise:

Moneybag, with all these ladies angling all over you. You have to beware if you want to live long.

Nothing to worry about. I'm very happily married (hotfunmi take note!!), and I learnt what I know from experience, reading several good books on the subject and listening to really good dvds (check out marriagetoday.com for good info, that guy Jimmy Evans sure knows what he's talking about). I was quite s t u p i d the first year or two but then wisened up real quick after wifey started to complain bitterly grin grin Now, I make it my primary objective to minister to her needs first and foremost to the best of my ability. And I must tell you, ever since I began putting her needs first and paying attention to her, I've been living in what I like to call OVERFLOW!! I've never had it so good in our 5plus years of marriage grin grin. I guess it's the law of sowing and reaping at work cheesy
Re: Marital Rape by hotfunmi(f): 3:53pm On Feb 13, 2008
By Yemivictor,
@ Hotfunmi,

You are sooooo delusional!!!

@YemiVictor, you are sooooo delirious!!!!!

Go spend those 5 years looking for your baby-daddy first!

Then the NGO can follow!!

Have you found your own daddy yet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Robbed By Men Wearing Suits On Third Mainland Bridge / Ajayi Johnson: Soldier Who Killed Keke Driver In Abia Sent To Jail / Police Officers Killed By Herdsmen In Benue (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.