Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,137 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:46 AM

Marital Rape - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Marital Rape (28212 Views)

Poll: Is it ok for a man to force his wife to have sex with him?

Yes: 16% (34 votes)
No: 83% (172 votes)
This poll has ended

Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / ‘I Killed Our 3-day-old Baby To Cover Up Pre-marital Sex’ / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital Rape by blacklion(m): 9:03am On Feb 11, 2008
@ babyosisi - A man whose wife always seems to have a headache when the clock strikes 12 ought to ask himself what he's doing wrong. Women are emotional beings by nature. If a man is not caring and romantic throughout the day,he shouldn't expect her to suddenly turn into anna nicole smith (of blessed memories )when the light goes out.
It doesn't work that way for most women.

Hollywood and Mills & Boon have a lot to answer for grin
Re: Marital Rape by hotfunmi(f): 9:04am On Feb 11, 2008
I
can only pay back by putting on belt on my Denim y sleepin for the rest of the year!

Funmi, LadyT, won't that be fair enough?
You get what you deserve from women. Most atimes, women that withold sex from their husbands do so to either avenge for what he did to her or protest for something that has been landing on deaf ears. If you treat your wife very well , you shall be rewarded with the 'fat meat' at night.
Imagine, how do you allow men like OYB to get into you after being nasty all day to you?
Re: Marital Rape by alleno: 9:06am On Feb 11, 2008
This topic happens to be one of "The Topics" that makes replies sound stupid.
In the first place, i think whoever dropped the topic is extremely,

What nonsense, as far as i am concerned, Rape cannot occur in a marriage,

Before i say more, i think we should really hear the complete gist rather than give
opinions based on your own understand of the circumstances that led to the event,

Roses UP!
Re: Marital Rape by hotfunmi(f): 9:10am On Feb 11, 2008
A good wife should never allow the man she loves to walk out the door,fully loaded

You don't need to be a sex slave to some doggone man inorder to prove how good you are as a wife. Good wife/husband is relative and dependent on lots of factors. The truth is that men exploit women in Africa and expect those women to carry the burden because they'll be rewarded with a goddamn vocabulary called 'good wife' or in the case of christians, 'virtuos woman'.
Re: Marital Rape by hotfunmi(f): 9:13am On Feb 11, 2008
This topic happens to be one of "The Topics" that makes replies sound stupid.
In the first place, i think whoever dropped the topic is extremely,

What nonsense, as far as i am concerned, Rape cannot occur in a marriage,

Before i say more, i think we should really hear the complete gist rather than give
opinions based on your own understand of the circumstances that led to the event,

Roses UP!
I guess you are one of those he~dogs that voted in affirmative.
Re: Marital Rape by blacklion(m): 9:19am On Feb 11, 2008
hotfunmi
You get what you deserve from women. Most atimes, women that withold sex from their husbands do so to either avenge for what he did to her or protest for something that has been landing on deaf ears. If you treat your wife very well , you shall be rewarded with the 'fat meat' at night.

So if my wife offends me in any way or does not do exactly what I want just when I want her to do it, i have a right to withhold sex as her punishment, abi? If I gave her 10k and asked her to cook egusi and she decides its easier to cook ogbono that particular day, no sex for her for one month as punishment for not giving me the particular soup I wanted , abi?

Think very well about what you said above.

Yes, an irresponsible man or a wife batterer or a man that is emotionally cruel should not reasonably expect his wife to be keen on sex. But your comments above sounds uncomfortably like bartering sex for favours. What does treating one's one wife entail? What is nature of the something that has been landing on deaf ears?

There are wives who barter sex for cash or the hubby doing their bidding. What's the difference between that woman and a street LovePeddler?
Re: Marital Rape by hotfunmi(f): 9:22am On Feb 11, 2008
There are wives who barter sex for cash or the hubby doing their bidding. What's the difference between that woman and a street LovePeddler?

A LovePeddler loves you not but your wife loves you.
Re: Marital Rape by blacklion(m): 9:25am On Feb 11, 2008
neither LovePeddler nor wife truly loves me but my cash only cool
Re: Marital Rape by EOA(m): 9:52am On Feb 11, 2008
I hope this will not take us back to the days of our polygamous great grand fathers and some of our fathers. Check their reasons for going into polygamy you will find sex to be one of the reasons. Why wait for your husband to rape you, when he is raping you do you shout for the neignbours to hear or you are enduring him, let him have what he wants, when he understands that you are not participating he will learnt that it always takes two to tangle and always seek your cooperation before such act. Comitting man to jail for marital rape will make others to be daring in extra marital relationships and women will be worse for it.
Re: Marital Rape by hotfunmi(f): 9:53am On Feb 11, 2008
neither LovePeddler nor wife truly loves me but my cash only

Well,  the bible only ask men to love their wives and never asked women to love their husbands. Women should  love their husbands  based on the abundance of their hearts  and it's strictly at their own discretion.
Re: Marital Rape by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 11, 2008
if the woman no gree,
leave her and help ur self with soap or vaseline
na still the same release u go release grin
Re: Marital Rape by hotfunmi(f): 10:05am On Feb 11, 2008
if the woman no gree,
leave her and help your self with soap or vaseline
na still the same release u go release

Don't mind them, if you want friction, go scrape your wetincall for wall and leave your wife alone.
Re: Marital Rape by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 11, 2008
if the woman no gree,
leave her and help ur self with soap or vaseline
na still the same release u go release grin
Re: Marital Rape by Jairzinho(m): 10:13am On Feb 11, 2008
How can a man rape his wife?
Are u people kidding me or what?
Re: Marital Rape by champredd(m): 10:33am On Feb 11, 2008
hotfunmi:

Well, the bible only ask men to love their wives and never asked women to love their husbands. Women should love their husbands based on the abundance of their hearts and it's strictly at their own discretion.

Love is reciprocal, you can never be loved if you don't love others.
Re: Marital Rape by hotfunmi(f): 10:37am On Feb 11, 2008
How can a man rape his wife?
Are u people kidding me or what?
Women are systematically degraded by receiving the trivial attentions which men think it manly to pay to the sex, when, in fact, men are insultingly supporting their own superiority.
Marriage is for women the commonest mode of livelihood, and the total amount of undesired sex endured by women is probably greater in marriage than in prostitution.
Re: Marital Rape by Dextiny(f): 10:56am On Feb 11, 2008
Its not proper for a woman to say no to her husband, am a woman and i believe that its the responsibility of every woman to make her hubby happy anytime, anyday. Except u want him get the satisfaction outside his marital home which might be 2 gud for the home
Huh, i no fit say no to my husband ooooooooooooh and based on that, him no go fit rape me anyday i said no to him cus he know say i dey always do am well, so 4 me to say no, him surpose know say e get as ebi and him go reason wit me
Re: Marital Rape by kemisuga(f): 10:58am On Feb 11, 2008
I think marriage is for better for worse. So why should a wife be rejecting her husband from sexing her. She ought to be submissive.

But the husband should not force/rape her wife; I advise the husband should use his initiative to do what will give him sex satisfaction @home or outside.

If a wife sentenced her own husband to 20 years imprisonment, then another man will come and take her husband position for that 20 years he his absent. shocked
Re: Marital Rape by Rogo: 11:10am On Feb 11, 2008
@Enaholo
Husband raping a wife? Hmmmmm wonders shall never end. Why should a woman tell the husband no, in the first place eh! Abi she did not know that sex is the main 'course' in marriage? Eh! kai! When you refuse each other (sexually) the bible actually calls it defrauding so, maybe the brother does not want to be defrauded and so, he is just claiming his possesion.

Okay seriously, if the woman is not in the mood and the husband lacks the 'touch' to make her change her mind, she should just allow him, and asked him to be quick about it! And there would be peace in the land

as far there's union between the husband and wife i don't see anything wrong. the woman should be happy because the man so much love her. you women out there remember there are young girls who can give it free. you women should learn fast when your husband react sometimes they react due to love they have toward their wifes
Re: Marital Rape by Prince22(m): 11:38am On Feb 11, 2008
Realistically, this will not but happen among couples, why because of individual differences and mood
Though, it against the law of 'OYA' for any of both to refuse the other but when one is not psychologically ready and the other that requested is already at the pick. IF UNA SAY NA COURT REMAIN FOR JUDGEMENT, NA ALL MARRIED PEOPLE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER THEIR MARITAL HOME GO BREAK OOOOOOOOO' Yoruba say 'Aki ti kootu de ka sore' sorry to my my other ethnics group brothers and sisters who can not understand the quoted language.
Re: Marital Rape by Dextiny(f): 12:01pm On Feb 11, 2008
Abeg, sex is part of marriage make i tell una, u can only say no to ur husband except tha man no sabi do, though i never marryooooooooooooh but i like doing it wit my bobo, and i dey always feel alright anytime we finish the ride
Abeg no sweet thing jare, how i come say no 4 that kin thing
Re: Marital Rape by PLC: 1:00pm On Feb 11, 2008
I believe that forcing your wife is not fair enough. 

When a wife can deny her  husband sex

1.  If she is sick

2.  If the husband only think of sex, i.e using his wife as a sex object

Another reason is this,  there was a certain man, who demanded to have sex with his wife, but the wife said no.  The man got angry and said "Today again,  did a knife inflict injury in that thing, that is the only thing that will stop me this time around?"

So, the third reason is, if a knife inflict injury on it.
Re: Marital Rape by Enaholo: 1:04pm On Feb 11, 2008
The only tenable reason for a woman not to agree for sex with her husband is

1) She is unwell  embarassed (not the type that starts 2 secs after the mans makes the move O!)

2) Its that 'red' period of the month which in some rare cases can last for 5days cry or she just 'downloaded'. In which case the zone has a natural 'DO NOT ENTER' sign, visible to all, including bros.  sad

3) You are fasting (only on the condition that he agreed to abstain for that period)

A man who decides to fire on in these critical conditions, may really need some help (spiritual included) Having said that, it is an aberration to say a man can rape his wife. It should be called something else, like NCSIM (non consensual sex in Marriage)

Its just like the wife uses part of the house keeping allowance to make her hair, and tells the husband so. I guess it would be absurd for the husband to start calling the wife a thief or armed robber, even if she did this without his consent, afterall, he is supposed to take care of her!  So, i really think rape is too heavy a word to use for NCSIM. So my dear married ladies in Naraland, please do not tell your knight in shinning armour 'Ba Shiga' without clearly visible and understandable reasons, and he would continue to treat you as the queen that you are.
Re: Marital Rape by skyone(m): 1:27pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ ALL

It's Shame rape in marriage has now been criminalised in the western law since 1991. However there's has been only 2% of case since the bill was enacted.

But i hope african women, Nigerians especially will not use this as a weapon for divorce in marriage.
Re: Marital Rape by isokoh(m): 1:32pm On Feb 11, 2008
how can a man go to jail for using his wife, where did that happen, such thing is illagal, nul and viod,
Re: Marital Rape by emmydee(m): 1:55pm On Feb 11, 2008
@Enaholo,
My good friend, I share with u o, why would a woman say no to her husband in the first place?
A couple should make love at least once daily. So no room for "rape"
Re: Marital Rape by yemivictor: 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2008
Hotfunmi,

A critical look @ your recent posts on various threads show that you have absolutely nothing good to report about Nigerian men!

You seem like one who is on a desperate mission to blacken the image of Nigerian men!

Babe! Perhaps you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself!!! cool
Re: Marital Rape by waleab: 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2008
some woman needs to be praying for their sons not to have the misfortune of going near this hotfunmi woman.

Well, the bible only ask men to love their wives and never asked women to love their husbands. Women should love their husbands based on the abundance of their hearts and it's strictly at their own discretion.

love strictly at own discretion? that is a first. this woman hates men and is thinking of NGO for Naija. God help those she wants to corrupt. i hope some man would have got you pregnant before then and you wont remember NGO business
Re: Marital Rape by Jairzinho(m): 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2008
hotfunmi:

Women are systematically degraded by receiving the trivial attentions which men think it manly to pay to the sex, when, in fact, men are insultingly supporting their own superiority.
Marriage is for women the commonest mode of livelihood, and the total amount of undesired sex endured by women is probably greater in marriage than in prostitution

Any woman that denies her hubby should be arrested &charged with 'inappropriate female behaviour'.

if u cant stand the rigours of sex,opt out . . . . .period !

How can some1 expect to eat her cake & have it?

I'm in no way supporting battery or domestic violence,but rape? undecided Give me a break pls !
Re: Marital Rape by kolaoloye(m): 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2008
IN MARRIAGE,THERE IS NOTHING LIKE `RAPE`.
HAVE YOU NOT HEARD THE SAYING THAT SAYS:
FOR THIS REASON A MAN AND A WOMAN SHALL LEAVE THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS,
JOINED TOGETHER & SHALL BECOME ONE.
THIS REASON  IN THE CONTEXT IS FOR THE MAN & THE WOMAN TO MAKE SURE
THAT THE TWO THINGS UNDER THEM DO NOT RESIST EACH OTHER SINCE THEY ARE ONE.
THAT IS THE MAIN REASON WHY A WOMAN IS BEING HANDED OVER TO THE MAN SO AS
TO KEEP THE TWO THINGS CLOSER .
Re: Marital Rape by Maxidoe(m): 3:20pm On Feb 11, 2008
I dont reall understand why a man would rape his own wife or why a wife would refuse her husband sex,if it gets to this situation then i dont think they deserve to be together,We all know that sex is an integral part of marriage,and if for any reason a man rapes his wife,i think he must have been refused time without number,except if he is a barbarian,though their is no excuse for raping.I noticed some gals saying the woman owns her body,of course not,cos the Bible said for this course they have been made one,so the two bodies have fused together to be one.I still say if it gets to a stage that a man wud rape his wife,and a woman would consistently deny her husband sex,it is time for them to part,except if the woman wants the man to get it elswhere.
Re: Marital Rape by efuah(f): 3:45pm On Feb 11, 2008
LMAO grin grin grin what a thread tongue

I can't deny my husband sex, and he will never force me too. . . if am tired and he's still begging, behaves like he's crying. . . . what can i do? Lie there like motionless object n watch tv through like AJ said. . . afterwards, clean maself tongue grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Corpse Of Man Who Died While Hiding In Indonesia, Arrives Nigeria. Photos / Kidnappers Attack El-Rufai Estate In Abuja, Engage In Gun Battle With Police / Clearing Agents Arrested As NDLEA Intercepts ₦32 Billion Cocaine At Lagos Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.