Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,193 members, 7,815,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Marital Rape - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Marital Rape (27792 Views)

Poll: Is it ok for a man to force his wife to have sex with him?

Yes: 16% (34 votes)
No: 83% (172 votes)
This poll has ended

Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / ‘I Killed Our 3-day-old Baby To Cover Up Pre-marital Sex’ / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital Rape by hotfunmi(f): 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2008
By Chiori,
It is wrong for a man to rape his wife. But it will not help matters if he is remanded in prison custody for a long time. We are out for workable marriages, not the ones destroyed by state. So I would prefer a three week stay behind bars.

I bet you, if you knock him out for three weeks, he'll do it again. Why not try sending him away to alagbon for 6 yrs and see him return a changed person.
Re: Marital Rape by hotfunmi(f): 3:59pm On Feb 13, 2008
By Zain,
That lady- HotFunmi sure needs a man!!! A hot dude at that, who can give "IT" to her till she speaks in tongues.
Then, and only then will the heat in her anatomy subside.

Another dyslexic patient besides Yemi Victor. Damn, Nairaland, we have a problem.
Re: Marital Rape by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 13, 2008
spoilt:

TOH come and hear this one oh! your pic has some people salivating like pavlov dogs! grin

no be small.
Re: Marital Rape by blacklion(m): 10:27pm On Feb 13, 2008
Funny thread and responses!

To all of the men here threatening to go do it outside if the woman says "no", I say "grow up"! If you're cheating on your partner, chances are that she's cheating on you too and you're too dumb to notice simply because most of you believe that cheating is a man's right and women don't do it. So there's no point introducing into your relationship something that you don't want perpetrated.

No woman will constantly refuse sex from her husband, especially if it's pleasurable. The problem a lot of men have in this regard is that they don't know how to meet their woman's need. For a woman, sex doesn't just start in bed. It's in the way you treat her all day long. Little things like paying attention to the kids, helping out around the house, holding her hand (in a non-sexual way) and talking to her about her day, and just generally doing all you can to make her happy certainly do turn a woman on Cheesy. You can't expect to ignore her all day long (all in the name of "i'm too busy at work"wink, come home and then expect her to suddenly be in the mood for sex. It don't work that way! Women are wired differently from men and to them, romance is important. Of course, it's only the men who take the time to understand this important difference that will enjoy their female companion.

Having said that though, it's not right for anyone, man or woman, to constantly deny their spouse sex. As a man, if your woman is denying you constantly, you need to have a discussion with her. You might just be surprised at the things you'll find out from that discussion and you may also find that the problem is much easier to fix than you imagined. Sex in marriage is pleasurable, and women enjoy it too.

moneybags, the type of adulation you're receiving from the females here go let you answer my questions so? Anyway sha, here go -

1. Whatever happened to sex between married couple at the spur of the moment or on impulse? so you've never had the sudden rush of adrenaline or what?

2. do you mean to say that all sex between hubby and wifey must be pre-programmed and pre-planned 24 ours in advance before it can be pleasurable for wifey? Or that hubby must pampering wifey from early morning in anticipation of sex as a reward later that night?

3. does this not effectively reduce sex to a 'reward' at the discretion of the wifey?

4. what about working couples that leave home at different times early in the morning and don't see each other until late in the evening or night? no sex for oga because madam was not pampered all day long?

5. must sex always be at night? so hubby wants sex in the morning or afternoon, he must plan to pamper wifey 12 hours in advance?

6. what happens when hubby comes from work after a hard day totally stressed out and reaches for madam for some quick sex to relax his nerves? he is not entitled to have sex with his wifey until he pampers madam in advance for 12 hours first?

I still get question but make we start with this ones first. At the end of the day, this your idea reads like sex is a privilege which wifey grants at her absolute discretion.
Re: Marital Rape by moneybags: 11:45pm On Feb 13, 2008
blacklion:

moneybags, the type of adulation you're receiving from the females here go let you answer my questions so? Anyway sha, here go -

1. Whatever happened to sex between married couple at the spur of the moment or on impulse? so you've never had the sudden rush of adrenaline or what?

2. do you mean to say that all sex between hubby and wifey must be pre-programmed and pre-planned 24 ours in advance before it can be pleasurable for wifey? Or that hubby must pampering wifey from early morning in anticipation of sex as a reward later that night?

3. does this not effectively reduce sex to a 'reward' at the discretion of the wifey?

4. what about working couples that leave home at different times early in the morning and don't see each other until late in the evening or night? no sex for oga because madam was not pampered all day long?

5. must sex always be at night? so hubby wants sex in the morning or afternoon, he must plan to pamper wifey 12 hours in advance?

6. what happens when hubby comes from work after a hard day totally stressed out and reaches for madam for some quick sex to relax his nerves? he is not entitled to have sex with his wifey until he pampers madam in advance for 12 hours first?

I still get question but make we start with this ones first. At the end of the day, this your idea reads like sex is a privilege which wifey grants at her absolute discretion.

I'll answer your questions as follows:

1&2:
Whatever happened to sex between married couple at the spur of the moment or on impulse? so you've never had the sudden rush of adrenaline or what?

do you mean to say that all sex between hubby and wifey must be pre-programmed and pre-planned 24 ours in advance before it can be pleasurable for wifey? Or that hubby must pampering wifey from early morning in anticipation of sex as a reward later that night?.

Nothing happened to sex between married couples on the spur of the moment, and yes, I've had the sudden rush of adrenaline. Sex between hubby and wifey must not be pre-programmed. All I'm saying in my post is that the way you treat your wifey matters. You can't expect to ignore her all day long for whatever reason and then come home expecting her to be all in the mood for sex. She'll soon begin to feel like she's nothing more than a sex object to you. And again, i'm not saying treat her nicely only when you want to have sex with her. Make it a habit of treating her like the queen she is. Pay attention to the little details in her life, talk to her, do your best to please her. The key is making that a habit. Afterall you married her, and it's in your best interest to make her as happy as can be, especially if there are kids involved. You certainly don't want an unhappy wifey being the one raising your kids, but alas i digress.

So my point is: if she's pleased with you and sees herself as someone who's cherised (as opposed to some object who only gets attention when sex is desired), she's unlikely to refuse you sex on a regular basis -- and i'm not referring to women who are frigid -- that's a medical condition -- or to women who use sex as a weapon (that's a crazy condition  grin). Your wife is a person with feelings and emotions, and from studies i've done, women do need lots of communication -- it's as important to their well being as sex is important to ours, so the more you meet your wifey's needs in those areas that are critical to  her, the more willing she'll be to meet yours.

Again, remember, this is not a manipulative tool. Because if you only talk to her and pay her attention when you want sex, she'll soon figure that out and begin to see you as a jerk. Meet her needs unselfishly, and you'll see her opening up to you (both literally and figuratively of course  grin grin).

Again, it's not a question of reward. It's a question of how do you treat her everywhere else outside of the bedroom? Sex is an important need for us men and going without it for great lengths of time can do some unspeakable things to us. Women have needs that are that important to them too, and just in case you were wondering, it's not sex. Meet her needs on a constant basis, and she'll be all too willing to meet yours when you need her to. You're the man and should therefore be the aggressor in your relationship. As her husband, your #1 job is to minister to her needs, even if she's not meeting yours at the moment. Trust me, I tried this and it works! Find out what her needs are and devote yourself to meeting them to the best of your ability -- before long, you'll begin to see a "new" wifey blossom before your eyes  cheesy

That doesn't stop you from doing your part to meet your wife's needs. How about a call in the middle of each day just to tell her you love her or that you were thinking about her or something of the sort, not for anything you want out of it, but just for the sake of meeting her need for communication or affirmation? Is there anything wrong with pampering your wife if that's an important need to her? If you think her refusing you sex (which is an important need to you) is wrong, surely it is also wrong for you to neglect to fulfil her emotional needs for whatever reason right? Marriage is give and take my bros. You're in there to meet her needs, that's why you're her husband. Again, get my point: YOU'RE NOT DOING THIS JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT SEX LATER THAT NIGHT, YOU'RE DOING THIS BECAUSE IT'S A NEED OF HERS YOU'RE FULFILLING. IT'S YOUR DUTY AS HER HUSBAND! Women need affirmation. We need to constantly affirm our love to them. What this does for them, i'll never know but then it's just as well, as they'll never know what sex does for us either   grin grin. Just as you don't expect her to use sex as a bargaining tool, don't use meeting her needs as a bargaining tool either -- i.e. don't pay her the attention and love she deserves only when you want sex from her. And remember, love is not in words only. It's also in the patience and kindness you exhibit toward her, the not keeping an account of wrongs, being slow to anger, etc etc Get my drift?

Sex can be at any time of the day! Who says it must be at night only? As for the other aspects of my question, you have my answer already. If you start to perform your duty as a husband -- which is finding out what your wife's needs are and meeting them to the best of your ability -- you won't have to plan anything in advance. It's a shame on us men that most of us don't have a clue what our wives needs are. We only think of their needs in terms of money and sex. That's shallow, and is not even touching the tip of the ice berg. I was once there myself but had to learn from my bitter experience. Our wives have emotional needs, and it's our responsibility as husbands to meet those needs. It's even more important than our responsibilities at work! Wifey will be there long after work goes away.

And i'm going to be a little sacarstic here in responding to your question "he is not entitled to have sex with his wifey until he pampers his madam?".

How much have you sown into meeting  madam's emotional needs? If the answer is little to nothing (which I suspect it is), then why expect to reap a bumper harvest of enthusiastic response to your emotional need for sex? cheesy Are you getting it now? Yes, sex is your entitlement in marriage, but you can't expect to constantly neglect your wife's emotional entitlement in marriage (she has entitlements too, you know  cheesy) and at the same time expect her to be enthusiastic about fulfilling yours. I'm sure if I ask you the question "what are your wife's top 3 emotional needs" you'll be clueless -- either that, or you'll give the wrong answers.  All i'm saying is: devote yourself to fulfilling her emotional needs and your days of complaining about your sexual needs will be gone for good.

Let me know if you have further questions.
Re: Marital Rape by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 14, 2008
Mr moneybag na you biko
Re: Marital Rape by spoilt(f): 12:28am On Feb 14, 2008
Chiori:

It is wrong for a man to rape his wife. But it will not help matters if he is remanded in prison custody for a long time. We are out for workable marriages, not the ones destroyed by state. So I would prefer a three week stay behind bars.

do the crime, do the time. no begging!
Re: Marital Rape by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 14, 2008
so that his fellow man can woman him?
abeg o,he'll never be the same
Re: Marital Rape by Ortega1(m): 5:23am On Feb 14, 2008
moneybags,

I don't recall making any references to your marriage. I phrased my questions in the third person and expected same from you. If you cannot answer simple polite questions without sanctimonious humbug or personal swings, don't complain when I reply in like manner.
Re: Marital Rape by 4Him(m): 5:35am On Feb 14, 2008
is moneybags a counsellor?
Sounds too good to be true but hey he's right.
Re: Marital Rape by moneybags: 6:15am On Feb 14, 2008
Ortega1:

moneybags,

I don't recall making any references to your marriage. I phrased my questions in the third person and expected same from you. If you cannot answer simple polite questions without sanctimonious humbug or personal swings, don't complain when I reply in like manner.

huh Are you blacklion Anyway, sorry if my post offended you. Was just trying to give illustrations. Do you have any further questions? Or shall I assume you're satisfied with my responses?
Re: Marital Rape by moneybags: 6:17am On Feb 14, 2008
4Him:

is moneybags a counsellor?
Sounds too good to be true but hey he's right.

I'm not a counsellor, at least not by profession. I learnt what I know from personal experience and from reading and attending counselling some years back.
Re: Marital Rape by xavier3(m): 9:30am On Feb 14, 2008
i wont cal it rape cos dat occurs wen u dont know the dude but in dis case d dude is her husband so its wilful sex and if i were d judge i wont give him 20years il just let him go for counselling
Re: Marital Rape by dequeen(f): 10:50am On Feb 14, 2008
hw could a wife deny her man his right? is nt good nw, dont u know dat God 2, hv hand in sex.
So guys, if ur wife refuse it, just tell her dat, u will tell God ok,
Re: Marital Rape by blacklion(m): 12:05pm On Feb 14, 2008
moneybag,

i responded using ortega's notebook but forgot to sign out his handle first.

we cool. your illustrations were a wee bit personal that's all.

dude, if you're not already, you should be a marriage counsellor. you'd have a very lucrative and steady [though mostly female] clientele.
Re: Marital Rape by yemivictor: 12:19pm On Feb 14, 2008
hotfunmi:

Another dyslexic patient besides Yemi Victor. Damn, Nairaland, we have a problem.

Aunty de lan pe yin o! grin grin

But you know, the chap might be right o!

What you need is a good humping and all the rage is gone!! grin

You are apparently sex starved!!! shocked

In short, Aunty Funmi, mo n wa ise labe yin!!! grin grin grin
Re: Marital Rape by Pennywise(m): 1:32pm On Feb 14, 2008
All i'm saying is: devote yourself to fulfilling her emotional needs and your days of complaining about your sexual needs will be gone for good.
This presupposes that all financial issues with wife has been met in full of course. Otherwise I dont see how it will wash especially with the Nigerian woman whom Hotfunmi has confidently declared has no obligation to love you!!! It is however not to pick hole in your evaluation which was very well woven.

On the issue of reassurance from the man. Action like they say speaks louder than words. If a woman constantly require the reassurance of a man in a marriage, then she is probably not fit or suited for it. It is for this reason I advise those with female children to imbue a sense of self worth and pride in their children.

Those lines by moneybag were well said. But no one formula works for everybody. If I start sending valentine messages now, the wife is going to think I have either lost it or am being controlled. Yeah chauvinistic male pig.But with me everyday is christmas for Mrs.
Re: Marital Rape by zains: 2:09pm On Feb 14, 2008
"Another dyslexic patient besides Yemi Victor. Damn, Nairaland, we have a problem"

@ HotFunmi,
This aggressive nature of yours leaves much to be desired. Even though you have a good course on your hands, your aggressiveness will definitely put a monkey wrench in the works. On the lighter side, the more agressive a woman becomes, the harder a guy also gets! I didn't say it o! I got from one other agressive sister cheesy

Well, looks like you've gathered too much dust on the shelf, Please go check to see if none slipped under your skull. undecided
Re: Marital Rape by Eclairs: 3:27pm On Feb 14, 2008
@ moneybags. well said.
Wld mk a good relationship councellor
Re: Marital Rape by moneybags: 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2008
Pennywise:

This presupposes that all financial issues with wife has been met in full of course. Otherwise I don't see how it will wash especially with the Nigerian woman whom Hotfunmi has confidently declared has no obligation to love you!!! It is however not to pick hole in your evaluation which was very well woven.

On the issue of reassurance from the man. Action like they say speaks louder than words. If a woman constantly require the reassurance of a man in a marriage, then she is probably not fit or suited for it. It is for this reason I advise those with female children to imbue a sense of self worth and pride in their children.

Those lines by moneybag were well said. But no one formula works for everybody. If I start sending valentine messages now, the wife is going to think I have either lost it or am being controlled. Yeah chauvinistic male pig.But with me everyday is christmas for Mrs.

Oh no, you misunderstand my point here. I'm not referring to the woman who doesn't have a sense of self worth and therefore needs constant re-assurance to make her feel worthwhile. What i'm trying to say in a nutshell as far as that goes is: It's important to the wifey that we verbalise our love for them -- at least it's important to mine, and so I tell her that very regularly. It's not like she'll have a meltdown if I don't tell her, but she loves it when I do, so I'm all for doing that. Yes, actions speak louder than words. And that's the way I always thought -- wifey should know by my actions that I love her and therefore what's the point saying so regularly right? That's until I learned that verbalising how I feel toward her is important to her.

As you rightly said, no one formula fits all. So the important thing is to find out (from the Mrs herself) what pleases the Mrs and commit oneself to doing those things.

As for your remark as to all financial issues being met in full, I'ld say "you're right on point"! grin
Re: Marital Rape by Dreloaded(f): 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2008
. All I'm saying in my post is that the way you treat your wifey matters. You can't expect to ignore her all day long for whatever reason and then come home expecting her to be all in the mood for sex. She'll soon begin to feel like she's nothing more than a sex object to you. And again, i'm not saying treat her nicely only when you want to have sex with her. Make it a habit of treating her like the queen she is. Pay attention to the little details in her life, talk to her, do your best to please her. The key is making that a habit. Afterall you married her, and it's in your best interest to make her as happy as can be,

So my point is: if she's pleased with you and sees herself as someone who's cherised (as opposed to some object who only gets attention when sex is desired), she's unlikely to refuse you sex on a regular basis -- and i'm not referring to women who are frigid -- that's a medical condition -- or to women who use sex as a weapon (that's a crazy condition ). Your wife is a person with feelings and emotions, and from studies i've done, women do need lots of communication -- it's as important to their well being as sex is important to ours, so the more you meet your wifey's needs in those areas that are critical to her, the more willing she'll be to meet yours.

Again, remember, this is not a manipulative tool. Because if you only talk to her and pay her attention when you want sex, she'll soon figure that out and begin to see you as a jerk. Meet her needs unselfishly, and you'll see her opening up to you (both literally and figuratively of course ).

Once again, moneybags knows what's up.
Re: Marital Rape by omoge(f): 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2008
cut his kini off if he does such.
Re: Marital Rape by uspry1(f): 4:55pm On Feb 14, 2008
Moneybags well said. I wish he is my husband! LOL! grin
Re: Marital Rape by FKseun(m): 10:10pm On Feb 14, 2008
Textbook love or better still "M&B" love. Why won't ladies pray for someone like moneybags. What you all should do is ask him if he is married, for how long and get his wife to give you a load-down on him. One thing I would always tell people is that no two marriages are the same. what one individual would apply to his/her marriage for it to work out well would not necessarily fit another couple. As for me, my wife can't never deny me sex! It's unheard of! I won't even do the same to her. Even when we quarrel for a few days, i still go to her whenever I need it. She may not do it as well as she does during "peace time" but most times I have found out that that does the magic. We end up settling our issues immediately after or when we wake up. If anyone expects any text book kind of marriage for him or herself, then marital destruction ain't far away from them. Partners should understand themselves very well and never use sex as a punishment tool. Fantasy and Reality ain't the same thing! Which do you want?
Re: Marital Rape by Ajisafe: 10:16pm On Feb 14, 2008
@ All:
I just voted that it's not OK for a man to force his wife to have sex with him, however, it's absurd when a wife uses sex as a tool to punish hubby or get even with him. @ Hafees was right on the money when he interjected the Quranic side of the matter. It is not permissible for a wife to deny her husband sex. Period!

And to all the women's lib advocates, men-hating lesbos, feminists, and feminist-wannabes on this forum (I can see most of you are in the USA), you'll only find yourselves to blame. All this your throwing hands up in the air will do you no good. The "Akatas" that you are wont to emulate are husband-less in the US. Likewise, so many arrogant Nigerian females end up with "baby daddies" and no husbands simply because of their "I pay my own bills; i'm equal to a man" attitude.  You all need to wake up and smell the coffe! Grow up! We're not equal. I mean men and women are not equal. Period! I stand to be corrected, though.

Men like "Moneybags" are not helping the matter either. See how the females on this forum praise sing him? That's what they enjoy -- weak men that cling to women's skirts.

I admire those young ladies on Nairaland who are submissive to their men -- just the way our Creator has mandated it to be. That does not make you a slave to your husband it'll only make you to stay married forever! Believe me.
Re: Marital Rape by 4Him(m): 10:16pm On Feb 14, 2008
uspry1:

Moneybags well said. I wish he is my husband! LOL! grin

pronto and u think u'll both live happily ever after?  grin
sometimes a marriage is more about how compatible you are with ur spouse and not just meeting her every single need. If you both are meant for each other you will meet her need NOT because you know its ur duty but because it just comes naturally to you.

Your parents dont need to draw up a list of kids needs they must meet each day, they just do it.
Re: Marital Rape by 4Him(m): 10:19pm On Feb 14, 2008
since the women are all queueing to marry moneybags maybe we too shld form a line behind ajisafe as i think he raises some valid points.

Ajisafe:

so many arrogant Nigerian females end up with "baby daddies" and no husbands simply because of their "I pay my own bills; i'm equal to a man" attitude. You all need to wake up and smell the coffe! Grow up! We're not equal. I mean men and women are not equal. Period! I stand to be corrected, though.

spot on.

Ajisafe:

I admire those young ladies on Nairaland who are submissive to their men -- just the way our Creator has mandated it to be. That does not make you a slave to your husband it'll only make you to stay married forever! Believe me.

once again spot on.
Re: Marital Rape by SweetT1: 10:37pm On Feb 14, 2008
This moneybag of a guy dey use style look for a second wife on Nairaland. May be somebody hasn't hinted him yet that Nairaland babes full of shakara !
Re: Marital Rape by Dreloaded(f): 10:58pm On Feb 14, 2008
FKseun:

Textbook love or better still "M&B" love. Why won't ladies pray for someone like moneybags. What you all should do is ask him if he is married, for how long and get his wife to give you a load-down on him.

If you can read, you'd see that moneybags said he's been married for 5 years.

and what is this "some things work for some people", what is so abnormal in what moneybags said that shouldnt be a UNIVERSAL thing for all couples?
Re: Marital Rape by Dreloaded(f): 11:02pm On Feb 14, 2008
I dont even understand how a dude enkjoys sex when the other person isnt even into it at the moment and you KNOW she isnt.

I fear some of you embarassed
Re: Marital Rape by Ajisafe: 11:02pm On Feb 14, 2008
4Him:

since the women are all queueing to marry moneybags maybe we too shld form a line behind ajisafe as i think he raises some valid points.

spot on.

once again spot on.

Don't mind him. Some of them (P***y Whipped Clowns) still exist who run around with senseless outbursts to appease the unsuspecting females for their selfish ends. I mean, this guy knows that the majority of us men here do not condone rape or any violence of sorts against women. Yet, all he could suggest is for us to start bribing our women before we can engage in sexual congress with them. Our God-given right? Fake is you, man!
Re: Marital Rape by Dreloaded(f): 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2008
where did he say you should bribe? since when is not only being nice to the wife in hopes of getting sex the same as "bribery"?

Do they still teach English in schools sha? embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

12-Year-Old Girl Raped And Infected In Delta (Photos) / My Sister Is Getting Serious With A Scammer / Muslim And Christian Youths Clash In Taraba, One Killed, Shops Burnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.