Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1701) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5733502 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) ... (3476) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nnemuka(f): 1:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
chii8:
Join me...
shocked shocked shocked
Omo I want...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nnemuka(f): 1:42pm On Dec 26, 2019
breakfast at noon...

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tolexy007(m): 2:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
I have egusi soup here, any one with pounded yam, we can b partner

34 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AgbenuAnna(f): 2:56pm On Dec 26, 2019
WHIZKIDEFE:
Christmas Jollof Spag... grin
Haba Bro’s
Small small na,you wan make I over salivate kiss
Keep my share jor
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2019
Something delicious coming up

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2019
AgbenuAnna:

Haba Bro’s
Small small na,you wan make I over salivate kiss
Keep my share jor
Babe! cheesy

When you eat your own codedly, you nor invite me oh. Even your graduation cake wey make me almost lick my phone dat day, you nor still waybill my share come..

No wahala sha, i go keep your chair(share) on top table next time.. cheesy cheesy

Compliments of the season, better pikin! wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
tolexy007:
I have egusi soup here, any one with pounded yam, we can b partner
love the rich color of this soup
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
milemimi93:
I saw a post u were beggin a nairalander to reply ur pm. I also saw a post a nairalander was beggin u to reply his pm. Karma is real dear

You mean this post?

https://www.nairaland.com/5596455/black-december-family-heart-broken/2#85212616 undecided

Smh

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:24pm On Dec 26, 2019
Seafood fried rice. Almost done.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2019
cococandy:

Yum yum...

Looks good.
I've just finished making some gizdodo.
Will post the final product in a minute

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:50pm On Dec 26, 2019
One of my favorites. Let share.

It goes well with fried rice.
eyinjuege:

Yum yum...

Looks good.
I've just finished making some gizdodo.
Will post the final product in a minute

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 4:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
pocohantas:
Spag...
Yum. I like the plate design

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2019
Tomato-Beef Curry sauce

28 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 5:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
cococandy:

King of fried rice. I want please. .. I noticed your oven knob (regulator). What's the meaning of those sign. It's same with mine..I thought they normally come with temp inscription (180, 270 degree...)

Tolexy007. That egusi go go well with warm garri. Colourful!

Eyinjuege. Please help with gizzardodo recipe. Must one use gizzards?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:31pm On Dec 26, 2019
I think for most ovens, the circle on the knobs indicates which part of the stove top will be lighted depending on where you turn it to.

In the most simplest term I think.

And I’ll answer for eyinjuege. You can’t make gizdodo without gizzards. grin Sorry.
It’s like jollof without rice
Akposy:

King of fried rice. I want please. .. I noticed your oven knob (regulator). What's the meaning of those sign. It's same with mine..I thought they normally come with temp inscription (180, 270 degree...)

Tolexy007. That egusi go go well with warm garri. Colourful!

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 26, 2019
Prestonn:

Merry Christmas Bro... No special food yesterday, just snacks and coffee......Though my mama made Lasagna for lunch.

Did Marie travel down her village?

Marie, Marie!
Report here immediately!
Did u see that post up there embarassed

Fine lady, why did u leave your man hanging?

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2019
Where do you find these your pictures? grin

sassysure:

Did Marie travel down her village?

Marie, Marie!
Report here immediately!
Did u see that post up there embarassed

Fine lady, why did u leave your man hanging?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
My fried rice is done. Shrimp, scallops and sausage are what I used in addition to the veggies.

I’m making stewed goat and chicken to serve with it.

But I’m so tired right now. Might have to suspend it and go sleep:

Let whomever the spirit leads go and finish the cooking. Or everyone can wait until I’m “untired” again. grin angry

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
cococandy:
This looks rich.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 5:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
Akposy:

Tolexy00... That egusi go go well with warm garri. Colourful!

It's not compulsory you use gizzard, but I guess it will no longer be called gizdodo but goatmeatdodo, or tripedodo or so cheesy
Recipe is very simple actually.
Spice your gizzard/meat/shaki/chicken chunks (use your seasoning as you like it- garlic, ginger, nutmeg, curry,thyme, onion, knorr/maggi and salt etc), marinate it for a few minutes to hours (at least 30min). Boil your meat and then fry it afterwards or oven cook it. Then blend some tomatos/onions/tatashe/pepper and boil it till it's got a thick consistency.
Thereafter, put some groundnut oil on fire, add some chopped onion and then add your boiled blended pepper. Allow it dry, and you just need a little blended pepper really, depending on the quantity of your gizzard.
Once your blended peppers is a bit fried, add your gizzard/meat into the the sauce and allow it simmer till the pepper enters it very well. You can add some chopped green pepper or red peppers if you want at this stage.( Consistency should be thick pls, and you can remove some of the blended peppers frying in oil if you feel it will be too much for your meat.)
Thereafter add your chopped fried plantain to the mix, mix well with your spatula and allow it simmer for about about 5 - 10 minutes.
N:B - some people add grinded crayfish into the sauce, but I normally don't
Voila

Meanwhile, I'm not so great with writing down/sharing recipes... this is me grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 5:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
All done grin

16 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
cococandy:
Where do you find these your pictures? grin

Hahahaaa cheesy
Here of course. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
All these Christmas and boxing day meals you guys are posting here, there is ............ tongue
Merry Christmas foodies

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by desire222(f): 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2019
cococandy:
My fried rice is done. Shrimp, scallops and sausage are what I used in addition to the veggies.

I’m making stewed goat and chicken to serve with it.

But I’m so tired right now. Might have to suspend it and go sleep:

Let whomever the spirit leads go and finish the cooking. Or everyone can wait until I’m “untired” again. grin angry
This is yummycious. Please I am patiently waiting for the goat meat stew. Your cooking is one in a million. In fact you are the reason I always check the food section of nairaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
eyinjuege:

It's not compulsory you use gizzard, but I guess it will no longer be called gizdodo but goatmeatdodo, or tripedodo or so cheesy
Recipe is very simple actually.
Spice your gizzard/meat/shaki/chicken chunks (use your seasoning as you like it- garlic, ginger, nutmeg, curry,thyme, onion, knorr/maggi and salt etc), marinate it for a few minutes to hours (at least 30min). Boil your meat and then fry it afterwards or oven cook it. Then blend some tomatos/onions/tatashe/pepper and boil it till it's got a thick consistency.
Thereafter, put some groundnut oil on fire, add some chopped onion and then add your boiled blended pepper. Allow it dry, and you just need a little blended pepper really, depending on the quantity of your gizzard.
Once your blended peppers is a bit fried, add your gizzard/meat into the the sauce and allow it simmer till the pepper enters it very well. You can add some chopped green pepper or red peppers if you want at this stage.( Consistency should be thick pls, and you can remove some of the blended peppers frying in oil if you feel it will be too much for your meat.)
Thereafter add your chopped fried plantain to the mix, mix well with your spatula and allow it simmer for about about 5 - 10 minutes.
N:B - some people add grinded crayfish into the sauce, but I normally don't
Voila

Meanwhile, I'm not so great with writing down/sharing recipes... this is me grin

Thanks ma! I'll go with Beefdodo then.....lol @d image
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
cococandy:
I think for most ovens, the circle on the knobs indicates which part of the stove top will be lighted depending on where you turn it to.

In the most simplest term I think.

And I’ll answer for eyinjuege. You can’t make gizdodo without gizzards. grin Sorry.
It’s like jollof without rice
I'm still confused though (the temperature stuff) but I'll understand with time

I'll make Beefdodo
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Goldenheart002(f): 9:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
Bring ur swallow, let's dig in grin grin

19 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Goldenheart002(f): 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
Yesterday's lunch

20 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bukatyne(f): 10:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
cococandy:

Compliments of the season.

Lovely kiss kiss kiss kiss

You pour your rice into your veggies for fried rice?

Is the rice parboiled? Or fully cooked?

Would like to try this.

I fry my rice in butter, add soy sauce and raw eggs, stir fry the veggies in a different pot and add to the fried rice with my stock.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
Same to you Buka kiss

It depends on the type of rice you’re using.
I was using basmati in this case. Quick to cook and easy to get soggy. Hence it goes straight into the veggie mix and just cooks with the steam. Tiny stock added. No water.

If I’m using jasmine rice, I cook it like white rice, leave it in the fridge overnight to harden and then put in my veggie sauce when I’m ready.

When using parboiled rice, I give a good rinse and fry in butter like you described.

Experience has taught me the different rices don’t play the same way cheesy

bukatyne:

Compliments of the season.

Lovely kiss kiss kiss kiss

You pour your rice into your veggies for fried rice?

Is the rice parboiled? Or fully cooked?

Would like to try this.

I fry my rice in butter, add soy sauce and raw eggs, stir fry the veggies in a different pot and add to the fried rice with my stock.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
desire222:
This is yummycious. Please I am patiently waiting for the goat meat stew. Your cooking is one in a million. In fact you are the reason I always check the food section of nairaland.

You’re too kind smiley kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Akposy:

I'm still confused though (the temperature stuff) but I'll understand with time

I'll make Beefdodo

I’m sure the beefdodo will taste good.

You don’t like gizzards?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) ... (3476) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BlackRainDrops and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.