Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2938) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5732326 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2935) (2936) (2937) (2938) (2939) (2940) (2941) ... (3475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 11:49am On Mar 31, 2022
Akeem79:

And finally.....
You snap people without their consent.
You are not in Nigeria.
One day, when you find yourself in a mess accidentally or not, remember they will check your phone. Even those deleted will be retrieved. And you will answer how you got those pictures.

The people you are trying to impress here don't actually care. Just so you know.

12 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 31, 2022
descarado:

Yes but, they said scent leave is a must o.
I be jjc tongue

When you travel to naija, don't you get these veggies in dried forms?

Aside ugu and green. I have all our veggies(dried)
Even bitter leave. I use food processor to wash bitterleaf, then boil like 3 times, by then, it will be soft like our normal onugu.

I have bitter leaves, uziza, ugu but no scent leaf. When next they are shipping food from Naija for me will request scent leaves. I have ugba that I have not make out time to prepare; it is just resting in my freezer.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 12:13pm On Mar 31, 2022
loveymom:

I have bitter leaves, uziza, ugu but no scent leaf. When next they are shipping food from Naija for me will request scent leaves. I have ugba that I have not make out time to prepare; it is just resting in my freezer.
Try using them. They use all these veggies. If it's me, I wil use them like that.
Just type how to make black soup.

I dey do ADF these day and semi keto. I blew up when I was sick last yr and had restricted movement. This soup was like a detox. Tried drinking bitter leaf 1st water, yuck cheesy.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by amorprincesa: 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
It depends the part of Edo your mom is from. I cook it maybe once in 2months. But it is a normal soup for the Binis.
GboyegaD:

Is it Edo or Ondo people. My mom is Edo and the only time I see them cook it was for special occasions. The Ikale people that I knew growing up will cook it on a normal day so it makes me feel it is more attributed to them than the Edo.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 12:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
descarado:

I never heard ondo people make this soup.
It's good to know. I love it.
Maybe, they are nebors.

folake4u:

I don't know if Ondo people eat the soup.
I just know it's more common with Edo folks.

Probably.

I know it more around Ikale people. Sometimes, it could be the circle of influence we have around us.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akeem79(m): 12:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
descarado:

You snap people without their consent.
You are not in Nigeria.
One day, when you find yourself in a mess accidentally or not, remember they will check your phone. Even those deleted will be retrieved. And you will answer how you got those pictures.

The people you are trying to impress here don't actually care. Just so you know.

See buhari frustration grin
智商低

after eating shits you still yan bullshit grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
amorprincesa:
It depends the part of Edo your mom is from. I cook it maybe once in 2months. But it is a normal soup for the Binis.

Perhaps my mom's family don't just see it as a normal soup. She's a Bini woman to the core. Like I said, because the Ikale people around me growing up made it more was why I reached my conclusion of it been an Ondo soup.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by amorprincesa: 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
Oh okay!
GboyegaD:

Perhaps my mom's family don't just see it as a normal soup. She's a Bini woman to the core. Like I said, because the Ikale people around me growing up made it more was why I reached my conclusion of it been an Ondo soup.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Labadi69: 1:19pm On Mar 31, 2022
Sirqt5:
everyday different woman dey ur pix . d way u dey change women e be like say i go move 2 China grin

You must be a Dundee if you believe say those photos are of him. Have you seen any sign of a black man in the photos he shares?

The guy na waiter wey dey snap pictures of Chinese ppl wey come chop without their consent. Infact, those are all internet pictures. Yamayama go finish that him bald head very soon for that China angry

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by aboyaji(m): 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
Brea-lunch tongue

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sexyjigga(m): 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
descarado:

Thank you kiss

I used all the proteins you mentioned. We die here cheesy
I don't mind the palm wine grin( have never tasted it before but I wish I had)

Women need to drink more of palmwine cos it helps with lactation in nursing mothers and it also helps in maintaining hair,skin and nails.

But getting original palm wine is the problem...Most they sell outchea are adulterated piece of shit.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by folake4u(f): 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
GboyegaD:

I know it more around Ikale people. Sometimes, it could be the circle of influence we have around us.

Yeah you have a point.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
descarado:

Thank you kiss

I used all the proteins you mentioned. We die here cheesy
I don't mind the palm wine grin( have never tasted it before but I wish I had)

You’ve never tasted palm wine?
You should, if you’ve never. Especially the authentic one(not one brewed with yeast and whatnots, commonly sold in the city).

The freshly tapped one can be so sweet, you could easily get carried away and get drunk on it. cheesy tongue
The unfiltered palm wine sometimes contained dead bees in it. That is to tell you how naturally sweet it can be.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 3:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
aboyaji:
Brea-lunch tongue

Brea-lunch k’owu brunch? cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kenfil(f): 3:58pm On Mar 31, 2022
Vegetable soup

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kenfil(f): 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
Best homemade Chili kiss

16 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akeem79(m): 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Labadi69:

Internet pictures. Yamayama fall on that your waiter head angry

Lol .... cheesy cheesy cheesy
From waiter to internet pictures haha ... na you go tire

Sorry dude

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by aboyaji(m): 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
Mariangeles:

Brea-lunch k’owu brunch? cheesy

O nwere onye o gbasara?

If na brea-lunch na my business!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Labadi69: 6:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
Akeem79:

Lol .... cheesy cheesy cheesy
From waiter to internet pictures haha ... na you go tire

Sorry dude

Guy no let me open ya yansh. That picture dey google images. You are a fuking wankster pretending to be what you are not to people wey no know you and wey no send you at all.

Better enter kitchen go wash plate for chinkos before Strong yamayama nack that your oily bald head with immediate effect angry

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Labadi69: 6:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
Kenfil:
Best homemade Chili kiss

I hope say toilet dey nearby sha. The destruction after eating this chilli and that vegetable soup will be very bloody. Everywhere go scatter after two seconds angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nnekaike(f): 9:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
GboyegaD:

The ikale's prepare theirs with MARUGBO leaves only,eaten with correct pupuru or pounded yam.
It is their main/ native food.

The Edo's prepare their own with bitterleaf,scentleaf and uziza(optional).

If you want to enjoy any of these soups more try using Banga juice as your base instead of palmoil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cayorday89(m): 9:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
folake4u:

I don't know if Ondo people eat the soup.
I just know it's more common with Edo folks.

Probably.
He is very right, it's almost an everyday thing for we Ondo people also, at first I never liked it as I grew up in Lagos but growing up I fell in love with it especially when taking it with another Ikale swallow known as pupuru..

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by amorprincesa: 9:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
Dinner.

33 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by folake4u(f): 9:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
cayorday89:

He is very right, it's almost an everyday thing for we Ondo people also, at first I never liked it as I grew up in Lagos but growing up I fell in love with it especially when taking it with another Ikale swallow known as pupuru..

Oh nice then.

Wetin be pupuru. shocked
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cayorday89(m): 10:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
folake4u:

Oh nice then.
Wetin be pupuru. shocked
It's a swallow in the same league as Akpu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
Mariangeles:

You’ve never tasted palm wine?
You should, if you’ve never. Especially the authentic one(not one brewed with yeast and whatnots, commonly sold in the city).

The freshly tapped one can be so sweet, you could easily get carried away and get drunk on it. cheesy tongue
The unfiltered palm wine sometimes contained dead bees in it. That is to tell you how naturally sweet it can be.
Sis, we have trees where they do the tapping but I never tested it.

I must drink it.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by folake4u(f): 10:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
cayorday89:

It's a swallow in the same league as Akpu.

Thank you for explaining it.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kenfil(f): 11:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
Labadi69:

I hope say toilet dey nearby sha. The destruction after eating this chilli and that vegetable soup will be very bloody. Everywhere go scatter after two seconds angry
��� oh well, who said they will be eaten at the same time? Make I use ur toilet? �

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akeem79(m): 11:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
Labadi69:

Guy no let me open ya yansh. That picture dey google images. You are a fuking wankster pretending to be what you are not to people wey no know you and wey no send you at all.

Better enter kitchen go wash plate for chinkos before Strong yamayama nack that your oily bald head with immediate effect angry
Open the damn yansh or shut up grin

Oh ... after reading some of comments on this thread
I realize I was talking with a colossal sadist

Will happily ignore every of your mentions from now on tongue

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sirqt5(m): 11:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
Labadi69:

You must be a Dundee if you believe say those photos are of him. Have you seen any sign of a black man in the photos he shares?

The guy na waiter wey dey snap pictures of Chinese ppl wey come chop without their consent. Infact, those are all internet pictures. Yamayama go finish that him bald head very soon for that China angry

i no see dem for internet . they r his
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by oyetpel(m): 12:14am On Apr 01, 2022
aboyaji:
Brea-lunch tongue
It's called BRUNCH

(1) (2) (3) ... (2935) (2936) (2937) (2938) (2939) (2940) (2941) ... (3475) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: frugal(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.