Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 (27908 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" / I Gave Oyedepo The Powers He Is Using- (rejoinder) / Bishop David Oyedepo The Richest Pastor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by OmoTier1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
The late Archbishop Benson Idahosa operated under the same 'anointing' and people could not fathom how He was able to build schools, hospital, plant churches. Many said it was church members money, yet the members themselves knew their contribution could not put up these schools and hospitals.Many said, oh His church members were so poor and yet He was building schools that only the rich can attend, yet the schools and hospital he built has helped shaped the life of millions, both rich and poor.

Those of us who have keyed into this "different" and divine way of living are already being accused even though we have not even started yet! Many of you really do not understand when the bible talked about 'US' that ALL of creation is earnestly awaiting our manifestation. This manifestation covers everything including stupendous wealth, divine healing, etc.

For you all that accuse MOGs and those of us who choose to live this life without guilt, I leave this with you Psalm 112 vs 1-6

"1 Praise the LORD. Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who greatly delights in his commandments!
2 His descendants will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.
3 Wealth and riches are in his house; and his righteousness endures for ever.
4 Light rises in the darkness for the upright; the LORD is gracious, merciful, and righteous.
5 It is well with the man who deals generously and lends, who conducts his affairs with justice.
6 For the righteous will never be moved; he will be remembered for ever
..."
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by garri4all: 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2012
odum desmond: Schools don't pay tax
Really??
You must be r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d for saying that.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by OmoTier1(m): 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
garri4all:
Really??
You must be r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d for saying that.
Psalm 112 vs 4.
4 Light rises in the darkness for the upright; the LORD is gracious, merciful, and righteous.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 08, 2012
sleekymag: It would interest u 2 know that Oyedepo hasnt received income 4rm d over 50 books he has written..as they are spiritual materials.yes,he said he stopped receiving salary in 1987 and also he's not a signatory 2 d church financial accounts.

Good afternoon,
The above if true is quite shocking. If indeed he did not use the members "one naira", he does not get income from the books he sells and he is not a signatory to the accounts, where does the money come from? Or are we saying that you are just speculating?

I know for certain that God has not given him a prinnitng machine to make money. If he has businesses, is a billion naira investment that easy to hide?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by garri4all: 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Psalm 112 vs 4.
please what are we saying and what are you saying?
how does school not paying tax and the verse you quoted above correlate ehn??
hypocrite oshi.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by jimino(m): 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
dis bishop suppose kip quiet, him no no say ans lead 2 more questions. Abeg whch oda job him dey do?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
Omo_Tier1: The late Archbishop Benson Idahosa operated under the same 'anointing' and people could not fathom how He was able to build schools, hospital, plant churches. Many said it was church members money, yet the members themselves knew their contribution could not put up these schools and hospitals.Many said, oh His church members were so poor and yet He was building schools that only the rich can attend, yet the schools and hospital he built has helped shaped the life of millions, both rich and poor.

Those of us who have keyed into this "different" and divine way of living are already being accused even though we have not even started yet! Many of you really do not understand when the bible talked about 'US' that ALL of creation is earnestly awaiting our manifestation. This manifestation covers everything including stupendous wealth, divine healing, etc.

For you all that accuse MOGs and those of us who choose to live this life without guilt, I leave this with you Psalm 112 vs 1-6

"1 Praise the LORD. Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who greatly delights in his commandments!
2 His descendants will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.
3 Wealth and riches are in his house; and his righteousness endures for ever.
5 It is well with the man who deals generously and lends, who conducts his affairs with justice.
6 For the righteous will never be moved; he will be remembered for ever
..."

We have also not forgotten that Christ foretold that a lot of people will come in his name (not the devils name); they will perform signs and wonders (miracles if u like) but he does not know any of them. That is what we are seeing today.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2012
As an insider, Living faith owns BRT buses (a.k.a Fab-rem) that plies most Lagos routes including Ajah/VI/Oshodi/etc, and it is being managed by someone, and close to 40million naira is being remitted back to living faith monthly. Their head office is at Ajah-Epe expressway after mayfair garden. He has expanded so much into so many businesses, I cannot condemn his actions cos only God can judge, so let's fold our arms and patiently wait for the judgment day.

But I do not like the way the entire world is going materialistic seriously, maybe like Australain Prime Minister G said: The Mayens are right that the world will soon end, who knows
striktlymi: Good afternoon once again,

I quite agree with you on the above quote. "Men of God" should not use "Church" as an escape route from the challenges and difficulties of life. I am very pleased that he has "businesses" that he runs. This too I am sure Apostle Paul would be pleased with, cause he also believes in the dignity of labour.

But really you can't be absolutely sure that he owned those businesses before he became a pastor. Because in order to effectively prove that he did not use church as an escape route from the difficulties of life, you need to demonstrate that those businesses were in existence before he became a pastor and the businesses were thriving. Remember that you made the following comment:

Doesn't the above quote show that at the time he was pastor there was no business venture? Or at best the business he might have had, was not that profitable? If the business was profitable there won't be any need to deny the wife money cause he gave his salary to God.

Now, can't we safely assume that if he got the businesses after he became pastor, he actually had the business empire via the church's fund? Yes, there has to be a business empire for someone to be a billionaire. Again, if there is a business empire, which enabled him build a university within 7 months, how come we have no knowledge of it? If you know any of his companies, please post it here and let's verify the claims. Or are we saying that the businesses are:

1) The church
2) The University

Like I said, I am not trying to discredit him but really since he wants to talk about it, then I think we have a right to ask some questions too in order to have a better understanding.

Thank you!
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by packman: 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2012
[size=20pt]free conscience fears no accusation

MOG sir, you just worsened an already opened wound lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

all the fact you just claimed just make me ask the question are they still real MOGs in Nigeria..... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

its very sad that you said you could get a private jet @ just the click of your hand. yet millions of your member find it difficult to pay for their transport to CHURCH, WORK ETC undecided undecided

i rest my case and await the Master.... [/size]

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by kingofhiphop101(m): 4:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
O.T.I.S:
Where then did you get your billions from? f u c k i n g masonic soul hunters disguised in evangelism. "Give all men your ear, but few your heart" we know there are good pastors in the world, but unfortunately, there are sorry, perverted, liars and thieves, who have made christianity an object of mockery, they have made christianity to depend on their own(pastor's)charisma.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" ___ Mahatma Gandhi.
O.T.I.S. how r u? now did mahatma Ghandi really say this?? if so i,d really love to have the book. can u refer me please, THANX.

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
Living Faith own so many businesses you see around- can water companies, transport coys, bakery factories, et al...truly, He has expanded his source of income and livelihood beyond church contribution, but all these owe tribute to the fact that he is an acclaimed man of God.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2012
To all you pips on NL dat wont leave Bishop David Oyedepo alone, have you ever tot how possible it is for only one man to control such a multitude, mind you, inside this multitude, we have medical doctors, PHD holder, professors, chatered accountants, legal practitioners,engineers that are both locally and internationally certified, senior advocates on nigeria, people from virtually all discipline that are far more intelligent than you. Do you thinks these people dont know what they are doing? The answer is NO. they have definitely felt the arms of God through his Prophet Bishop David Oyedepo. As for you who started this tread, so you actuaali went to shiloh to find out facts you will hold the bishiop with? i pray God forgives you. God is indeed using his son. i am a proof of dat. i advice you use your time in doing something useful. other than looking for unimportant facts that wont lead you anywhere. Please nairalanders, i once castigated against the Bishop, buh i have actuali realised he is a true man of God. pls, dont listen to these pple, they will just succeed in riping you of your blessing.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Mafamafa(m): 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
People, especially Nigerians talk with less action. Why not take this vexation to Abuja and other government officials that steals money per minute.... Please, leave Bishop Oyedepo alone, guess all of this people got enough problem to handle than speaking on what does not concern both you and me. Please, seun osewa, let's leave topic like this out, you cause most of this young people to have hatred against few noble people and they talk things that may affect them in future.... If anyone wanna know how Oyedepo spend and where he got his money from, go to otta, Ogun state and ask him by yourself. Enough of talking down on someone to boost and draw traffic to your site man. We naija in diaspora love what you dong but this whole issue against men of God has to stop for God"s sake.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Mavrick2012: 4:26pm On Dec 08, 2012
Bishop insinuates dat d money dat fuel's his flamboyant lifestyle isnt 4m "tithe n ofrin".even if d money coms 4rm bil gate as charity,such money should b directly invested in2 d lifes of d youths in his church.instead of investin in2 aircraft n exobitant school project dat doesnt afect d poor.dis can b done by investin in2 d busineses of smal scale busineses so it wil grow instead of telin dem dat their busineses can grow if only dey pay thithe n ofrin(ie increasin his wealth frm d procid of smal scale biz).He can also afect lifes by asistin flood/disasta victims natnwife.if churches execute d abov am sure even muslims wil desire to join church ie xtianity
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Samxiulee: 4:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
Honestly av being wondering where the money winners used to build the winners chapel auditorium, way back then,came from, cos it was claimed to be the biggest church building in the world,surpassing the church in ivory coast,then I became a wanderer after I saw convenant university when it was newly built,structure wise then the only university campus structure that could beat it was OAU Ile ife.
Av got nothing againt the bishop but really in this society of ours,I think its high time we start asking ourselves the source of wealth,of people around us,be it a pastor,imam,politicians,administrators,traditional rulers,even babalawos,
Everyone has to account for his source of wealth,it shouldn't be cloak under darkness,for all you care the pastor might have a thriving drug business from the Colombians hence the need for the jets,I dnt care if he is a pastor and he have ten jets,good for him,I will continue to work harder and ask God for mine.But since we are in the same society its only right for the wealthty ones in our society to disclose the source of their wealth.

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Francheezy(m): 4:29pm On Dec 08, 2012
wh0 cares ?

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by sleekymag(m): 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
striktlymi:

Good afternoon,
The above if true is quite shocking. If indeed he did not use the members "one naira", he does not get income from the books he sells and he is not a signatory to the accounts, where does the money come from? Or are we saying that you are just speculating?

I know for certain that God has not given him a prinnitng machine to make money. If he has businesses, is a billion naira investment that easy to hide?

Well, I am not just speculating, I know because i have heard them directly from his mouth (and even very recently), he said he is not a signatory to the church accounts, neither has he earned one kobo from the books he has authored. Men of his ilk, are blessings to the world.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2012
Mafamafa: People, especially Nigerians talk with less action. Why not take this vexation to Abuja and other government officials that steals money per minute.... Please, leave Bishop Oyedepo alone, guess all of this people got enough problem to handle than speaking on what does not concern both you and me. Please, seun osewa, let's leave topic like this out, you cause most of this young people to have hatred against few noble people and they talk things that may affect them in future.... If anyone wanna know how Oyedepo spend and where he got his money from, go to otta, Ogun state and ask him by yourself. Enough of talking down on someone to boost and draw traffic to your site man. We naija in diaspora love what you dong but this whole issue against men of God has to stop for God"s sake.
I've asked this question before but imma ask again, when did God announce any man on earth His man? Can't you see, he's buying jets on your ignorant asses!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by omarky(m): 4:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
If this man of God claims to have left his salary to God since, am then suspecting he has money manchine at home. Where is he getting money to live a flamboyant life? Or is there any other things he does apart from been a pastor........ Thinking loud
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Shine1177: 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
Bidam: Got an info from a reliable source( a pastor) that the bishop has an oil well(Nigeria) and a gold mine(Ghana) given to him by members willingly(he never compelled them). I believe that is one of the secret to his prosperity.

You are very correct. A nephew of Papa who once work in the Church bank once told me the huge amount (in USD) she saw in Papa's Gold company account statement. I know he has a goldmine company, i think oil and gas business, Dominion Airline (only for Charter), Dominion Farm, etc. So Papa is just blessed.

Haters leave him alone and focus on how your life will be better than your parents' own and beget a good legacy to your children and generation. NO OFFENSE PLEASE.

If only Nigerians could question the source of lavish wealth of our politicians the way you point your searchlight on this Servant of God and not hero-worship them and their ill-gotten wealth, this nation would have be a better place today.

2013: MY YEAR OF DOUBLE PORTION.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
Its now am begining to see the wisdom in catholic priest not being allowed to marry,though am not a catholic.A man of God ought to be someone called to serve humanity,but these mogs are just so materialistic.they seek for people to contribute and build church branches within and outside the country under the name of their ministry,and they will be GO;tomorow they will come out and act as if the church and its other investments were not built by the sweat and contribution of their church members.Idahosas church was huge sometime ago,but after he left,issues such as treating the church as personal property and inheritance came up,where are they now?this is why the catholic,anglican,methodist ,ecwa will continue in their stability while churches that are treated as family businesses decline once the founder is gone because what youll now see is the wife or son of such mog being installed as the new GO,then other highly placed anointed mog within the commission will feel sidelined and leave the church;thats how a vibrant church of today can become a shadow of itself tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by coolestboy(m): 4:39pm On Dec 08, 2012
odum desmond: Is Covenant University really expensive compared to quality of facilities and teaching going on there? Baze University , Abti American Uni Yola, etc charge excess of N1.5 million yet cannot compete with Covenant. Igbinedion University, Afe Babalola Uni etc charge way above btw 450-600k that Covenant charges, why are they not dishing similar quality as Covenant? See, University education is expensive, all Federal University students are subsidized annually by Fed Govt to the tune of about 300-400k in form grants and hundreds of millions of monthly subventions, they also get research grants, get ETF /TET fund interventions . Private unis get no dime, so how do they survive? Covenant is charging that low fee because according to Prof Obayan, the church stil gives it subvention for running. People shud stop complaining, how much does school fees even by local student in Ghana universities cost? What of Europe and America? Is Covenanat supposed to be because church has poor members? Well let them take opportunity of their brains and get scholarship, the school offers that too.
Is dt wat we are talking abt here? I wonda how people reason wit dia ass. We are talking about how he got his wealth, u are talkin about academic standard and qualities.
SMH.......... Mtcheeeeeeeew
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by yoged(m): 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2012
striktlymi:

Good morning,
I really do think he has a right to his own opinion but the question still remains:

1) In the year he mentioned was the church as affluent as it is today?

2) When he gave all his salary to God, how did he feed and if he was fed by the members is it not the same as collecting salary; afterall the salary comes from the members contributions?

3) If the University was not built with the money of his church members, where did the money come from. We know certainly that God did not come down from heaven to build the school.

4) Even if the school was built using money from God knows where, is this a justification for some of the members not to be able to afford the tuition?

Please, I am not trying to discredit him but since he has decided to speak up, it's about time I asked the questions too. There are more questions but they would be too controversial. Let's make do with the ones above.

Thank you!
. Well said. He's just using that to cover his yansh. Well, it aint my business
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by sleekymag(m): 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2012
Josh090:
I've asked this question before but imma ask again, when did God announce any man on earth His man? Can't you see, he's buying jets on your ignorant asses!

His members never told you they are complaining. Infact, many of them are being blessed daily, and breakthroughs keep happening left, right and centre! I wonder why those who complain the most are those who have no connection to his ministry, or did he swindle you of your money? Abeg lets stop taking panadol for other people's supposed headache.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2012
Church Bishniness happens to be one of the best bishsinesshies. Itisy not eazy (in igbo voice) being a fisher of men.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by TableLeg(m): 4:44pm On Dec 08, 2012
sleekymag:

His members never told you they are complaining. Infact, many of them are being blessed daily, and breakthroughs keep happening left, right and centre! I wonder why those who complain the most are those who have no connection to his ministry, or did he swindle you of your money? Abeg lets stop taking panadol for other people's supposed headache.
Shut the faaack up you brainwashed troglodyte

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by sleekymag(m): 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2012
Table Leg :

Shut the faaack up you brainwashed troglodyte

I definitely hit a nerve there; keep crying then!!!
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2012
sleekymag:

Well then, this is what they call being foolhardy.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
Who is paying who when he sits on top of the whole money?abeg tell us some thing better jare#longhiss#
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by sleekymag(m): 4:53pm On Dec 08, 2012
Josh090:
Well then, this is what they call being foolhardy.

If being blessed means being foolhardy, then its a beautiful definition. Cos they say, the wisdom of the world is foolishness with God and vice versa. Its results and proofs that matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small / Dreams, Meanings And Solutions / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.