Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,891 members, 7,810,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 (27881 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" / I Gave Oyedepo The Powers He Is Using- (rejoinder) / Bishop David Oyedepo The Richest Pastor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by ikachi1: 8:22am On Dec 09, 2012
Degis:

M.U.M.U, you think you have written something sensible abi?. If Apostle Paul that wrote 2/3 of the New Testament still has a Tent Making Business and preaches, what is wrong in Bishop David Oyedepo having Businesses?. Your Catholicism creed of denial and poverty is just a concept of your denomination, which some of us versed in the things of the Spirit know that it is balderdash

Read your bible and know the truth and nothing but the truth...

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Josephnice: 8:22am On Dec 09, 2012
these are some of the brain washing strategy that will make their member part with their hard earn money all in name of trying to do what the man of God did to get rich. You'll always hear them saying: i gave this and that to God, as if God collected it with his own hands. We nigerians are the problem of this men of God, we worship them more than we reverent God himself. You'll see people neglecting their brothers in need just to meet up with their vowed seed offring. The earlier we wise up the better because we need to also help them(men of God)to make heaven by not leading them into financial temptations

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Imoy(m): 9:14am On Dec 09, 2012
odum desmond: Is Covenant University really expensive compared to quality of facilities and teaching going on there? Baze University , Abti American Uni Yola, etc charge excess of N1.5 million yet cannot compete with Covenant. Igbinedion University, Afe Babalola Uni etc charge way above btw 450-600k that Covenant charges, why are they not dishing similar quality as Covenant? See, University education is expensive, all Federal University students are subsidized annually by Fed Govt to the tune of about 300-400k in form grants and hundreds of millions of monthly subventions, they also get research grants, get ETF /TET fund interventions . Private unis get no dime, so how do they survive? Covenant is charging that low fee because according to Prof Obayan, the church stil gives it subvention for running. People shud stop complaining, how much does school fees even by local student in Ghana universities cost? What of Europe and America? Is Covenanat supposed to be because church has poor members? Well let them take opportunity of their brains and get scholarship, the school offers that too.
What kind of scholarship do they offer? Horticulture, fisheries, or animal science? Hw about mech. Engnr, medcine, chem. Engr.? Scholarship my ass.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Wahala90: 10:03am On Dec 09, 2012
Men willingly give to the work of God for their own good. When you give in line with the word of God, you receive his blessings. Otherwise, you will be frustrated and end up accusing men of God as your problem. Did anybody ever accuse Oyedepo of robbing or defrauding him? or Did anyone complain that he is using the Church jets for his private movements?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by ijawkid(m): 10:10am On Dec 09, 2012
Wahala90: Men willingly give to the work of God for their own good. When you give in line with the word of God, you receive his blessings. Otherwise, you will be frustrated and end up accusing men of God as your problem. Did anybody ever accuse Oyedepo of robbing or defrauding him? or Did anyone complain that he is using the Church jets for his private movements?

What else is he using the private jets for??....

Are his members also allowed to board the jets??......

Have you ever entered those jets before(I'm assuming you're a member of WINNERS)??..........

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by keside(m): 10:25am On Dec 09, 2012
pls OP, I need to see the source of this information. cos I knw pple that contributed towards the building of that university at every Sunday service back in '02-'03. is it that the donations of the congregation is not even appreciated?

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:34am On Dec 09, 2012
Chei, these Oledepo apologists are brainless sha. Just look at all the vacuous garbage they've been spewing on here to defend their god. Amazing how religion robs people of all sense of reason.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 09, 2012
He is making a lame excuse at least we know dat pastor adeboye does not claim 2 get his wealth frim lecturing but church funds mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by ozodigboo(m): 11:38am On Dec 09, 2012
striktlymi:

Good afternoon,

Hmmm...leave it to God? Don't you think that sometimes God actually want's us to speak up and ask some questions?

Check the abolition of slave trade as an example. It happened because some persons decided to speak up and even give their lives for the cause.

I believe in speaking up constructively. If something is happening that we do not understand or we feel is wrong then I see no reason why we should ask questions or speak up in a bid to correcting it.
[b][/b]Mr Striktlymi. i don't really feel like joining this SENSITIVE debate. But, trust me, from what you ve said so far, u seem a very intelligent fellow. Ur questions and analysis are straight to the point. Plz continue.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by cleric(m): 11:43am On Dec 09, 2012
keside: pls OP, I need to see the source of this information. cos I knw pple that contributed towards the building of that university at every Sunday service back in '02-'03. is it that the donations of the congregation is not even appreciated?
Please help me ask o ...I heard people say they contributed and now the Bishop is saying otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by ozodigboo(m): 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2012
I HAVE ONLY ONE THING TO SAY . . . . . . . .

MATTHEW 19, verse 24.[ King James version of the Holy Bible ]

'' And i say unto you - that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of GOD ''.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 09, 2012
Oledepo Oledepo Oledepo!!! How many times did i call you?! Oya come & slap me.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Policewoman(f): 1:21pm On Dec 09, 2012
striktlymi:

Good morning,
I really do think he has a right to his own opinion but the question still remains:

1) In the year he mentioned was the church as affluent as it is today?

2) When he gave all his salary to God, how did he feed and if he was fed by the members is it not the same as collecting salary; afterall the salary comes from the members contributions?

3) If the University was not built with the money of his church members, where did the money come from. We know certainly that God did not come down from heaven to build the school.

4) Even if the school was built using money from God knows where, is this a justification for some of the members not to be able to afford the tuition?

Please, I am not trying to discredit him but since he has decided to speak up, it's about time I asked the questions too. There are more questions but they would be too controversial. Let's make do with the ones above.

Thank you!

You forgot to add; where did he now get the money to buy 3 private jets, since he hasn't been paid salary since 1987?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by ouagadougou(m): 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2012
Bullshit!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by PastorKun(m): 1:48pm On Dec 09, 2012
Joagbaje: Kuns and other church enemies should read this and repent

Don't tell me you are ignorant enough to believe a pathological liar like oyedepo.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by degbads(m): 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2012
For me the funniest thing about giving to men of God and stories like this is that those who give (foolishly as they are described) never complain, but it is the ones who don't give that seem to be angriest and drinking Panadol (and taking drip sef) over another man's supposed headache. We have hardly seen someone who laments of giving to them, but countless ordinary masses who don't give who r complaining. But i must somehow blame the Christians who expect to communicate revelation by mere explanation, how do you expect a greedy, Poor and hungry Nigerian to understand that you sow into your Pastor's life and that it is a secret to prosperity, they cannot, if they could they wouldn't be poor, God has not given them that light so they must necessarily continue to dispute it and sadly so, worsen their lives by insulting MOGs.

i am a staunch believer in sowing in my MOGs life, i am presently putting together a bumper seed for my MOG and getting ready to fly in 2013, call me stupid o, though am an educated graduate, but i understand your perspective, bcs were it not for the revelation of God's Spirit, i might have been thinking like you. So you poor, hungry, spiritual money trackers keep complaining, while we keep giving and getting greater wink

Pls does anybody have a problem with this? (for what its worth, i don't attend Winners)
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by basadenet: 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2012
That one na story, how about all the egunjes is getting from people?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Lanretoye(m): 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2012
striktlymi:

Selling books is lucrative especially when you have a ready market for it. But can one make so much money from selling books alone? Frankly his coming out to make comments that imply that he does not touch the funds of his church is still a source of worry. If not through his church, where then does he make his money from? I know a number of successful business men with their own companies but none of them can afford to buy Jets and build a University without feeling the pinch. Note that buying a jet has running costs. And this is not 10 kobo maintenance o. If not from his church then where? I don't think the sale of books alone is where he gets money from.

MOG has so much money he dosent knw what to do with it,micro orphanages striving to thrive...they don't have to come and beg. Convenant uni was not built with the offerings and all,MOG dosnt get salary for years,the jet wasn't acquired with the church's fund,by now I think swiz banks will not be able to handle all the money.
Abeg wu dey pay proprietor salary self?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Lanretoye(m): 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2012
striktlymi:

Selling books is lucrative especially when you have a ready market for it. But can one make so much money from selling books alone? Frankly his coming out to make comments that imply that he does not touch the funds of his church is still a source of worry. If not through his church, where then does he make his money from? I know a number of successful business men with their own companies but none of them can afford to buy Jets and build a University without feeling the pinch. Note that buying a jet has running costs. And this is not 10 kobo maintenance o. If not from his church then where? I don't think the sale of books alone is where he gets money from.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by topTeg: 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2012
odum desmond: Is Covenant University really expensive compared to quality of facilities and teaching going on there? Baze University , Abti American Uni Yola, etc charge excess of N1.5 million yet cannot compete with Covenant. Igbinedion University, Afe Babalola Uni etc charge way above btw 450-600k that Covenant charges, why are they not dishing similar quality as Covenant? See, University education is expensive, all Federal University students are subsidized annually by Fed Govt to the tune of about 300-400k in form grants and hundreds of millions of monthly subventions, they also get research grants, get ETF /TET fund interventions . Private unis get no dime, so how do they survive? Covenant is charging that low fee because according to Prof Obayan, the church stil gives it subvention for running. People shud stop complaining, how much does school fees even by local student in Ghana universities cost? What of Europe and America? Is Covenanat supposed to be because church has poor members? Well let them take opportunity of their brains and get scholarship, the school offers that too.
tell them jooh .
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by rusher14: 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2012
degbads: For me the funniest thing about giving to men of God and stories like this is that those who give (foolishly as they are described) never complain, but it is the ones who don't give that seem to be angriest and drinking Panadol (and taking drip sef) over another man's supposed headache. We have hardly seen someone who laments of giving to them, but countless ordinary masses who don't give who r complaining. But i must somehow blame the Christians who expect to communicate revelation by mere explanation, how do you expect a greedy, Poor and hungry Nigerian to understand that you sow into your Pastor's life and that it is a secret to prosperity, they cannot, if they could they wouldn't be poor, God has not given them that light so they must necessarily continue to dispute it and sadly so, worsen their lives by insulting MOGs.

i am a staunch believer in sowing in my MOGs life, i am presently putting together a bumper seed for my MOG and getting ready to fly in 2013, call me stupid o, though am an educated graduate, but i understand your perspective, bcs were it not for the revelation of God's Spirit, i might have been thinking like you. So you poor, hungry, spiritual money trackers keep complaining, while we keep giving and getting greater wink

Pls does anybody have a problem with this? (for what its worth, i don't attend Winners)

Living in a 3rd world country makes for all kinds of seemingly permissible superstitions and practices.
Only a pathetic god would demand blessing you only after paying obeisance to his priest ( to think that not even my earthly father would have made such demand).
It makes me wonder why anyone in say canada, where the works of your hands are rewarded and the search for egunje is a fruitless endeavour might think it necessary to sow this bountiful seed to his "MOG".

Could it also be that God deliberately deprives some people of this "light"? Then why else would some people think they are in competition with others for God's love and blessing? Even their aggressive texts say so.
That people who shout the loudest are the ones who do not partake of this practice does not make them foolish (think slavery and the killing of twins).
Who are these MOG's? People who distort the bible to their personal gains? Or are they people we see who follow the bible dilligently without expecting any rewards but the promise of eternal life?
No one is saying a Christian should be poor, no, but when you climb the pulpit to preach to the world your life should be seen to be christ-like, you must show transparency and humility. Question can any of these MOG's cut the grade?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Xionez(m): 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2012
.....And that's because he OWNS THE CHURCH!!!!

EOD

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by go4value(m): 5:14pm On Dec 09, 2012
NEWSMAKERS DONT MAKE NOISE....Bishop Oyedapo THOSE WHO MAKE NEWS,DONT WATCH THEM....Bishop Oyedepo
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by rusher14: 5:24pm On Dec 09, 2012
go4value: NEWSMAKERS DONT MAKE NOISE....Bishop Oyedapo THOSE WHO MAKE NEWS,DONT WATCH THEM....Bishop Oyedepo

Evil prevails when good men do nothing!!!
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Wahala90: 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2012
If you are giving and you are not satisfied with what is happening, then stop giving. If Oyedepo ever defrauded you, then prove it in court. But if you are not giving, I see no reason of coming here to complain. Honestly, I do not see what the man has done.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by SisiKill1: 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2012
keside: pls OP, I need to see the source of this information. cos I knw pple that contributed towards the building of that university at every Sunday service back in '02-'03. is it that the donations of the congregation is not even appreciated?
Is it only that? What about the ones who pledged their man power. ..giving up their Saturdays and Sundays to go carry pompom, blocks and mix cement?

Look when it comes to Oyedepo you have look deeper than the surface. When he says they didn't collect donation or use tithes and offering, he is not lying. Dude has perfected the art of circumventing the truth.

Donation implies seeking help for something and having people give towards that cause. However Oyedepo does not seek help in doing anything. ..Whaaaaa? Don't you know who he is? Yeah, that is why the money collection has to be wrapped in a way that gives the congregation the impression that being able to give is a privilege and giving is for their own good. So they use names like Covenant with God pledges or Challenging God pledge or something equally stupid.

This is why the congregation does not remember donating for the schools, the bakeries, the printing press, the pure water business, the private jets etc. In their minds, they gave to God....Some of them will even tell you that as soon they kept their part of the convent they got their reward back in one way or the other. ..never mind that they still would have gotten it without giving anything because the process for whatever they got had been in the works way before the whole giving. Seriously how can someone who is working say as soon as they paid their covenant, the next day they got paid their salary or someone who applied for a job, went for an interview say they got a job after keeping up their end of the bargain with God??

I'd like to see a situation where someone isn't working, paid covenant and was immediately paid salary or someone who didn't apply for any job, went for no interview yet get a job....Now that would be a true sign of mutual covenant keeping.

Until then. ...All of this is just playing green light, red light.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2012
Who owns covenant university?
Is it Oyedepo or is it Winners Chapel?
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by dekung(m): 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2012
standing on his pulpit and trying to debunk claims by people that he used church money to build his empire his nothing but a load of bull crap. he should come to channels or stv and grant interviews with Victor Ayara or any of thse fire brand reporters who are not afraid to ask questions. He should also allow a phone in programme. If he can do this then he would have cleared his name. But bragging on the pulpit where no one can challenge is only demonstrating himself as a biiiiiig bully

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by ijawkid(m): 9:37pm On Dec 09, 2012
dekung: standing on his pulpit and trying to debunk claims by people that he used church money to build his empire his nothing but a load of bull crap. he should come to channels or stv and grant interviews with Victor Ayara or any of thse fire brand reporters who are not afraid to ask questions. He should also allow a phone in programme. If he can do this then he would have cleared his name. But bragging on the pulpit where no one can challenge is only demonstrating himself as a biiiiiig bully

I would wanna be one of the inquisitors......

I go ask am question so tay him go run......
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 09, 2012
chima12: Who owns covenant university?
Is it Oyedepo or is it Winners Chapel?
you don't get it, do you? Winners chapel is an arm of the Oyedepo ministries.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by lomprico(m): 11:45pm On Dec 09, 2012
rusher14:
an oilwell or an oilfield?
Please tell your pastor friend to give you facts next time.
These people and their tales.
Rubbish!!!

So tell us then, what's the fact?
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by lomprico(m): 11:57pm On Dec 09, 2012
eldoradoxx: Its people who want to smear his image that create inconsistent stories about him and not him!

Muyiwah claimed he heard directly from d horses mouth and u claimed that u read from his book. So who r the smerers here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) / David Yong-gi Cho, Founder Of South Korea's Yoido Megachurch Dies At 85 / Why The North Will Still Vote For Buhari In 2019 –matthew Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.