Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 (27879 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" / I Gave Oyedepo The Powers He Is Using- (rejoinder) / Bishop David Oyedepo The Richest Pastor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by ogaju007(m): 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2012
I have never attended a church for blessing, im not a muslim infact im not religious at all but i'm doing just fine. Are you saying i will be better if i attend the churches youve mentioned above? By the way most of the girls i twacked this year are members of these so called churches especially BLW. Who is fooling who?
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by TableLeg(m): 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2012
We are still on this OLE-Depo matter?
SMH .... I am sure the God i serve will prepare a very special and ferociously burning part of hell fire ready for the "flossing on tithes and offerings MOGS and pastors" .... AMEN smiley
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by ogaju007(m): 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
Table Leg :
We are still on this OLE-Depo matter?
SMH .... I am sure the God i serve will prepare a very special and ferociously burning part of hell fire ready for the "flossing on tithes and offerings MOGS and pastors" .... AMEN smiley

GBAM!!!
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Onliie(m): 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2012
bigmanahmad:
FROM THIS,WE CAN GATHER THAT HE WAS NOT RICH B4 HE STARTED THE CHURCH, HENCE HIS NEED FOR THE CHURCH SALARY B4 1987
HE MAY NOT HAVE GOTTEN RICH FROM THE TITHES BUT TO SAY THAT THE CHURCH DID NOT PLAY A MAJOR ROLE IN HIS WEALTH IS A LIE!!
HE STARTED A CHURCH
HE HAD A LOT OF MEMBERS
HE GAINED THEIR TRUST
HE STOP COLLECTING SALARY
AMONG HIS MEMBERS ARE RICH AND POOR PEOPLE WHO ARE WILLING TO DO ANYTHING FOR HIM..INCLUDING GIVING HIM MONEY AND/OR VALUABLE GOODS...
HE WROTE BOOKS...TO SELL BOOKS,U NEED A AUDIENCE..(HIS CHURCH GAVE THAT TO HIM)....
SIMPLY PUT...HIS ESTABLISHMENT (THE CHURCH) LAID THE FOUNDATION FOR HIS WEALTH...
EVEN IF HE STOP DOING BUSINESS TODAY,HE WILL STILL BE RICH SO AS LONG AS HE STILL HAS THE CHURCH AND THEIR MEMBERS..
and is it a crime for a Pastor to make money from the church? Will money fall from heaven for him to spend? These people joined the ministry when there was no money in it. He his a graduate for that matter. He subjected himself to poverty just to do the work of God. Now that he is enjoying you complain. Besides he didn't say the church has nothing to do with his money. Don't get it wrong.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Onliie(m): 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2012
chamboy: Pastor Oyedepo, I don't have problem with you saying God blessed you. But you are wealthy in a not developing country like nigeria where people are extremely rich and extremely poor. The Church of God is suppose to be a Balanced Community where everyone is Ok just like when Jesus shared 5 fives among 5000 people he trying to show was what is called being wealthy. Wealth in christianity is not what you have is what you have given people. We are christians are Jesus-like and jesus christ was not a Rich man when he came to the world but he shared things to the poor more than the rich men in the bible soo he is the Most Wealthy in the Christian way. Pastor please if you want to preach and show your people in the christian way. Do the Christian thing try and Make a balance world even if it in your own church community. With due respect Sir, you are a Greedy Man.. I said this because you have 6 private jets, 2 university and multi billions and you have church members that can't afford a thousand naira in a day. God knows who is real worshipper is.
how many people have you shared your wealth with?
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Onliie(m): 5:04pm On Dec 12, 2012
X-factoria:

So the missionaries that brought free education and health services to as a tool for evangelism are also fools? Those that brought the gospel to us touched our lives and left us better than they met us. They didn't just tell us that Jesus loves us, they showed it by choosing to suffer our afflictions (the mosquito bites etc) and ignoring the comfort of their home country, gave us free education and health paid for by tithes and offerings from their parent churches in the West. That is christianity as defined by Acts of Apostles Chapter 4. There is no greater evangelism than actioning the love of christ to the world. Jesus was all about charity, so why should it be a problem for "men of God",the custodian of His mantle today to just be like christ?

If Oyedepo fasted on his knees, what were his prayers? To gain the whole world so he can glorify mammon with his wealth? So the fact that he was called means he would always be right? Saul, King of Israel was annointed, yet he derailed and the same God that annointed him over Israel deserted him. Oyedepo is not an angel, he is a human being.

Oyedepo is not a true christian by Bible standard. That much is clear and all those following him blindly should go and read Revelations 2 and 3 about the 7 churches which is symbolic of the last day churches. Many profess christ but have abandoned the essence of their calling and have been carried away by their worldly desire for wealth, personal glory etc.
you can run nursery and primary school for free, not a university. Unless you don't care about its quality. Convenant university is the best maintained university in Africa.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 13, 2012
Onliie: you can run nursery and primary school for free, not a university. Unless you don't care about its quality. Convenant university is the best maintained university in Africa.

Even beating south african universities? grin Sheep.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 1:59am On Dec 13, 2012
Onliie: and is it a crime for a Pastor to make money from the church? Will money fall from heaven for him to spend? These people joined the ministry when there was no money in it. He his a graduate for that matter. He subjected himself to poverty just to do the work of God. Now that he is enjoying you complain. Besides he didn't say the church has nothing to do with his money. Don't get it wrong.

and? What exactly makes him any more special than the early apostles who DIED for the gospel that your "pastors" now use to eat? Is your pastor any better than Paul who languished 2 yrs in prison and YET still wrote the new testament you now wave around on sundays but rarely open?

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by BARRISTERS: 11:04pm On Dec 14, 2012
Onliie: and is it a crime for a Pastor to make money from the church? Will money fall from heaven for him to spend?

yes,it is a crime,yes that when you have the poor with needs in your churches,yet pastors ignore them to satisfy their long throat,bastardising the ministry as if it was meant for investment,

lets see how the poor were treated by the apostles with donations from early churches;

Acts 2:44

44 All the believers were together and had everything in common.

45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.

Acts 4:34

34 [size=16pt]that there were no needy persons among them[/size]. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

These people joined the ministry when there was no money in it. He his a graduate for that matter. He subjected himself to poverty just to do the work of God.
see how you just bought these lies wholesale! na wa for you oo, you can believe anything walahi!

Now that he is enjoying you complain. Besides he didn't say the church has nothing to do with his money. Don't get it wrong.

you are lying on his behalf, he lied that his investments were not from tithe money, when he refused to tell us what he does outside the church business, now ask yourself, is h greater than jesus? then why must he also lied that he receives/or bebate his last salary the last time in 1987 when we all knew that salary is nothing to him, who is deceiving who?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by plappville(f): 12:25am On Dec 15, 2012
davidylan:

and? What exactly makes him any more special than the early apostles who DIED for the gospel that your "pastors" now use to eat? Is your pastor any better than Paul who languished 2 yrs in prison and YET still wrote the new testament you now wave around on sundays but rarely open?

Well said bro...!! the truth is bitter, but it should be known.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by jpphilips(m): 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2012
Onliie: you can run nursery and primary school for free, not a university. Unless you don't care about its quality. Convenant university is the best maintained university in Africa.

yet, convenant couldnt make it to the first 100 best universities in Africa according to recent rating.

it is either you deliberately chose to insult our intelligence or you totally lack the depth to put things in the right perspective, either way, yaba left will be more than glad to recieve you if things get outta control. no offence

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Jahil: 1:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
See what Bishop David Oyedepo said recently about the offerings obtained from the church........ www./m33srod
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Image123(m): 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2013
half story.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) / David Yong-gi Cho, Founder Of South Korea's Yoido Megachurch Dies At 85 / Why The North Will Still Vote For Buhari In 2019 –matthew Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.