Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 (27880 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" / I Gave Oyedepo The Powers He Is Using- (rejoinder) / Bishop David Oyedepo The Richest Pastor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Navalsadiq(m): 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2012
striktlymi:

Good morning,
I really do think he has a right to his own opinion but the question still remains:

1) In the year he mentioned was the church as affluent as it is today?

2) When he gave all his salary to God, how did he feed and if he was fed by the members is it not the same as collecting salary; afterall the salary comes from the members contributions?

3) If the University was not built with the money of his church members, where did the money come from. We know certainly that God did not come down from heaven to build the school.

4) Even if the school was built using money from God knows where, is this a justification for some of the members not to be able to afford the tuition?

Please, I am not trying to discredit him but since he has decided to speak up, it's about time I asked the questions too. There are more questions but they would be too controversial. Let's make do with the ones above.

Thank you!
who are you to question a man of GOD.where ever the money comes from is left for GOD to judge.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by princechiboy: 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
why would he demand salary? when actually he is the boss...Nawa 2 this man sef...

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by UfuomaUN(m): 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
that church na scam! the man don use people hamma!.lol!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
sleekymag:

If being blessed means being foolhardy, then its a beautiful definition. Cos they say, the wisdom of the world is foolishness with God and vice versa. Its results and proofs that matter.
The only person getting the blessing is the pastor and his buddies, the rest of you are just being robbed voluntarily. Abi the church members no dey sick? Are they richer than Moslems?
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by mskata(m): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
*in bob marley's voice*

Emancipate yourselves from religion mental slavery, non both ourselves can free our minds......

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by rusher14: 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
Bidam: Got an info from a reliable source( a pastor) that the bishop has an oil well(Nigeria) and a gold mine(Ghana) given to him by members willingly(he never compelled them). I believe that is one of the secret to his prosperity.
an oilwell or an oilfield?
Please tell your pastor friend to give you facts next time.
These people and their tales.
Rubbish!!!
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by sleekymag(m): 5:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
Josh090:
The only person getting the blessing is the pastor and his buddies, the rest of you are just being robbed voluntarily. Abi the church members no dey sick? Are they richer than Moslems?

Its not a "richest religion contest" my brother. It's service but you won't understand, that's why i said there's no need taking panadol for other people's supposed headache, when in actual fact they're being blessed. I don't think i want to argue though.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Yello1(m): 5:04pm On Dec 08, 2012
striktlymi:

Selling books is lucrative especially when you have a ready market for it. But can one make so much money from selling books alone? Frankly his coming out to make comments that imply that he does not touch the funds of his church is still a source of worry. If not through his church, where then does he make his money from? I know a number of successful business men with their own companies but none of them can afford to buy Jets and build a University without feeling the pinch. Note that buying a jet has running costs. And this is not 10 kobo maintenance o. If not from his church then where? I don't think the sale of books alone is where he gets money from.
why won't some peopl paddle dere own canoe,rather dan "poke-nosing"into another man's affairs why nt cry 2 God 4 blessing!nawa 4 busy body oooo.just passing-by!!
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Anvaller: 5:06pm On Dec 08, 2012
striktlymi:

Good morning,
I really do think he has a right to his own opinion but the question still remains:

2) When he gave all his salary to God, how did he feed and if he was fed by the members is it not the same as collecting salary; afterall the salary comes from the members contributions?

3) If the University was not built with the money of his church members, where did the money come from. We know certainly that God did not come down from heaven to build the school.

4) Even if the school was built using money from God knows where, is this a justification for some of the members not to be able to afford the tuition?

Please, I am not trying to discredit him but since he has decided to speak up, it's about time I asked the questions too. There are more questions but they would be too controversial. Let's make do with the ones above.

Thank you!

No answers to Striklymi's questions yet? I still dey wait o.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by codernoni: 5:06pm On Dec 08, 2012
Ok I agree. I agree. But where all the tithe money dey?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 08, 2012
sleekymag:

Its not a "richest religion contest" my brother. It's service but you won't understand, that's why i said there's no need taking panadol for other people's supposed headache, when in actual fact they're being blessed. I don't think i want to argue though.
You are funny! What blessing are you talking about? how are you different from any body, except enriching an ordinary man like yourself?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Sirniyeh(m): 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
As at 1987 he claimed to have stopped collecting salary from the church, he was still in Kaduna. Then the members of his ministry were not up to 500. Ask him, from which source he feeds his family from since that 1987? He claimed he did not earn from the profit of the book published. Ask him, he published a book in 1989 "Overcoming The Power of Death" and he declared openly the profit he made from that single book alone. As at 1989, he had published 18 books.
Now, you people should let him realise that some people know his historical background of his ministry and why he left Kaduna for Lagos. So he should stop feeding the public BOBO!
Why did he pay over 1000 pastors off from his ministry? What happened when his brother inlaw almost finished the Abuja Church's treasury, that led to internal conflict between him and the wife? What instigated the change of winners Ghana headquarter's name before it was later resolved? What happened when a whole building during construction of covenant university collapsed? Where is the woman that single-handedly volunteer to pay half of the cost of the first Private Jet?
He can give BOBO but not all will accept it. I know more and more about him, to the extent of his connection with underworld personalities...
This man can go extra mile because of money. Tell him to remain silent.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Anvaller: 5:12pm On Dec 08, 2012
Yello1: why won't some peopl paddle dere own canoe,rather dan "poke-nosing"into another man's affairs why nt cry 2 God 4 blessing!nawa 4 busy body oooo.just passing-by!!

I think a typical church fanatic mentality is one who's contented in themselves just for seeing how much their pastor is "blessed". It doesn't matter if they themselves are not blessed in the real "blessed" sense.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by UyiIredia(m): 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2012
The painful thing is that some stup1d people will still be saying he gets his wealth from tithes.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by UyiIredia(m): 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2012
The painful thing is that some stup1d people will still be saying he gets his wealth from tithes.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Sammy79(m): 5:20pm On Dec 08, 2012
Hmmm...I think rather than address the what the source of the Bishop's wealth is, we should be looking for fruits/evidence of a ministry of intergrity, transperancy and accountability. We should ask, and not only the Winner's Chapel, but all Churches in Nigeria the following questions:

1. Do they prepare annual income and Expenditure Accounts?
2. Are members of the Church privy and truly have access to these accounts?
3. If you are a Church member and your church provides one have you ever asked to see it? If you did have you ever asked any questions and what answers did you receive?
4. All of the above focuses on accountability and transparency...and now to integrity...what can you say about the fruit of this ministry i.e what kind of congregation members is the ministry producing.I understand that this may generate subjective answers but lets judge the fruits from the perspective of how much impact are members making in the community to transform lives for the Kingdom of God. This point is reinforced below.
5. Are church members/church itself active in the community and impacting the lives of their respective communities? what community live-changing projects can the ministry point to that have achieved either Local, State or National recognition? let's start from, may be, mending the bad roads leading to many of our churches and grow to public-private partnerships with the Govt. (Please don't say govt. is corrupt because I sincerely believe that if a church/denomination is doing something really serious with the Govt that will truly translate to positive community impact, the Govt. will give their best.)

....so if we look at the big picture then can we appropriately discern for ourselves what the truth is. Yes, God is the ultimate judge but for those who are trully Christ's followers, we have the mind of Christ to discern all things.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by olivegirl(f): 5:27pm On Dec 08, 2012
ijawkid: All this one na story....

Let him tell us how he got all his wealth today??.....was he working in SHELL??.....or what??....

This guy funny sha.....only olodo's would listen to this story and go home refreshed.....smh!!!......
he has 0il bl0ck
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by sleekymag(m): 5:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
Anvaller:

No answers to Striklymi's questions yet? I still dey wait o.

To answer his questions.

striktlymi:

Good morning,

Of course the church wasn't as affluent, but then he was depending on his salary as a means of sustaining his family. That's the more reason why it would have been easier to retain earning salary now than in those days, imagine what his salary would be if he was still earning. In the early 80s, his salary was N300 monthly.

When the widow of Zarapheth gave her last meal to Elijah, did the oil dry up? So many people are busy eating their destinies today. How he fed must have been through God's divine provisions, but if you need to ask him personally, maybe you should. But you can't conclude, he said he has never once knocked on any member's door asking for anything. Infact there were instances where offerings raised in those early days was used to meet the needs of members immediately after service.

When members give in church, they give to God. It's not a donation or contribution. It a way of worshipping God and promoting His kingdom. If the church decides to build schools or universities with part of the funds, it becomes God's own, through the ministry, and not for any member. We had missionaries in those days that built schools in Africa, members of those missionaries didnt lay claim to it. Spiritual understanding is necessary.

Somebody already answered this 4th question. Other private Nigerian schools charge more (N1.5m) e.g. Baze Uni, Atiku's uni etc. CU's fees are actually subsidized by the church, and even our federal universities are subsidized by the federal govt to the tune of hundreds of thousands per student. Universities in Europe and America are even worse, they are more expensive when u compare with these universities (CU). we hear of student loans in america and the rising debt profile of students, parents even have to save for their kids university education for years just to meet up. So we know its good value actually.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
News: Bishop Oyedepo last night at Shiloh 2012 said "The last time the Church paid my salary was December 1987''. He also said more along the lines of bla bla bla bla I'm self made, Covenant University and my Jet; no church funds''!

I laugh in in Yoruba. Where've I heard that before? Oh yes, Military dictator Sani Abacha saying his decision to stand for Presidential elections was to answer the call of yearning teeming Nigerians.

Last line: Na only mumu fit take answer from him wife say condom wey she buy na balloon for their pikin dem.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Degis(m): 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
Sirniyeh: As at 1987 he claimed to have stopped collecting salary from the church, he was still in Kaduna. Then the members of his ministry were not up to 500. Ask him, from which source he feeds his family from since that 1987? He claimed he did not earn from the profit of the book published. Ask him, he published a book in 1989 "Overcoming The Power of Death" and he declared openly the profit he made from that single book alone. As at 1989, he had published 18 books.
Now, you people should let him realise that some people know his historical background of his ministry and why he left Kaduna for Lagos. So he should stop feeding the public BOBO!
Why did he pay over 1000 pastors off from his ministry? What happened when his brother inlaw almost finished the Abuja Church's treasury, that led to internal conflict between him and the wife? What instigated the change of winners Ghana headquarter's name before it was later resolved? What happened when a whole building during construction of covenant university collapsed? Where is the woman that single-handedly volunteer to pay half of the cost of the first Private Jet?
He can give BOBO but not all will accept it. I know more and more about him, to the extent of his connection with underworld personalities...
This man can go extra mile because of money. Tell him to remain silent.

Minister for Propaganda, tell us since you know!.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 08, 2012
@sam xiu lee,ur mind sharp pass razor...lol...private jet..drugs....colombians...new angle of thought...nice one bro
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by nxwin: 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2012
I think some people should rather concern themselves about how they can achieve personal success for themselves and help others to succeed too rather than focusing on men of God especially on this trend. Let me remind you, they are not answerable to you, a good number of them especially Bishop Oyedepo are more productive than presidents of most nations and most corporations. If you have bad feelings about their wealth, then too bad for you because you havent seen anything yet. Mysteries of the kingdom cannot be discerned by carnal minds, you cannot use logic to factor out God's blessing. I advise you in your own interest to be careful else you may be fighting God and you think you are fighting men. Selah!

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by muyiwah666(m): 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
It is either this man is fake or he was showing off sometime in in May 1995,when he said at the Winners Chapel,Raji Oba by Iyana Ipaja....that he was earning 400k that period....he said that senior pastors earn 120k and junior pastors earn 100k....i was in the church that day..no be say somebody tell me !...i heard him clearly,it was a Tuesday evening service and i sat very close to d pulpit....his sermon that evening got me thinking about going to pastoral school because i was an applicant as at that time.....he said plainly that he is the one that sign the salaries of everybody that works for the church including the wife...

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Dejideta: 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
How will you justify a professor or a medical doctor etc, in celestial church walking barefooted?. Or how would you justify a lawyer or internationally acclaimed Phd holder sleeping with a mad man/woman in order to have a child?
The devil does not respect your title or degree.
once you are hypnotized, forget it.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
@sirinyey...so many dirty dealings you have raised,no answers,he has a lot of skeletons n only people close know

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by rusher14: 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2012
hansobuks: To all you pips on NL dat wont leave Bishop David Oyedepo alone, have you ever tot how possible it is for only one man to control such a multitude, mind you, inside this multitude, we have medical doctors, PHD holder, professors, chatered accountants, legal practitioners,engineers that are both locally and internationally certified, senior advocates on nigeria, people from virtually all discipline that are far more intelligent than you. Do you thinks these people dont know what they are doing? The answer is NO. they have definitely felt the arms of God through his Prophet Bishop David Oyedepo. As for you who started this tread, so you actuaali went to shiloh to find out facts you will hold the bishiop with? i pray God forgives you. God is indeed using his son. i am a proof of dat. i advice you use your time in doing something useful. other than looking for unimportant facts that wont lead you anywhere. Please nairalanders, i once castigated against the Bishop, buh i have actuali realised he is a true man of God. pls, dont listen to these pple, they will just succeed in riping you of your blessing.
Do you have any idea how Hitler was able to convince the whole of Germany?
That a man has a Phd means little when it comes to his sentiments and religious leanings.
What would God forgive the OP for? stating the facts as they are?
Please get your head out of your ass cause it is so polluted it stinks.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by rusher14: 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2012
hansobuks: To all you pips on NL dat wont leave Bishop David Oyedepo alone, have you ever tot how possible it is for only one man to control such a multitude, mind you, inside this multitude, we have medical doctors, PHD holder, professors, chatered accountants, legal practitioners,engineers that are both locally and internationally certified, senior advocates on nigeria, people from virtually all discipline that are far more intelligent than you. Do you thinks these people dont know what they are doing? The answer is NO. they have definitely felt the arms of God through his Prophet Bishop David Oyedepo. As for you who started this tread, so you actuaali went to shiloh to find out facts you will hold the bishiop with? i pray God forgives you. God is indeed using his son. i am a proof of dat. i advice you use your time in doing something useful. other than looking for unimportant facts that wont lead you anywhere. Please nairalanders, i once castigated against the Bishop, buh i have actuali realised he is a true man of God. pls, dont listen to these pple, they will just succeed in riping you of your blessing.
Do you have any idea how Hitler was able to convince the whole of Germany?
That a man has a Phd means little when it comes to his sentiments and religious leanings.
What would God forgive the OP for? stating the facts as they are?
Please get your head out of your ass cause it's so polluted it stinks.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2012
muyiwah666: It is either this man is fake or he was showing off sometime in in May 1995,when he said at the Winners Chapel,Raji Oba by Iyana Ipaja....that he was earning 400k that period..his sermon that evening got me thinking about going to pastoral school because i was an applicant as at that time.....he said plainly that he is the one that sign the salaries of everybody that works for the church including the wife...
lol
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by eldoradoxx: 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2012
Benwems: So where did he get the money to buy the three(3) private jets and build the university? From the sky! Or was it a mysterious miracle!
Please spear me the folk tale.
You guys need to study the man called Bishop Oyedepo before making a wrong conclusion. He was called by God to liberate man kind from the oppression of the devil after an 18 hour horrific encounter with God after waiting (fasting for days). The liberation mandate is through the teaching of the word of faith I am yet to see any human being exhibit the raw faith of Oyedepo, another , he was also called to prosper his generation as an apostle of God ordained principles of Prosperity and to manifest signs and wonders. Now this was in 1982 or thereabout. At that time who how much was he paid? God's work is not something you can pay for! Even in same 1987, he said he was asked by God to sacrifice his jallopy Bettle car, he gladly gave it to God and started trekking, he was a pastor, that was the only thing of worth he owned. How many of us can sell our cars and give to God. Note that nobody asked him to , God asked him and he speedily obeyed and God spoke to him that it was too late for him to be poor. This was in 1987. Papa's mysterious wealth is in giving. He is a great giver and that is why he keeps rising even when the multi billion naira church pays him no dime!
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Affiliated(m): 6:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
eldoradoxx:
"Covenant university was built within 7 months without any collection of any one naira tithes and offerings or donation of any kind from anywhere"

I know for a fact that donation envelopes were passed out along with tithes and offering during the covenant university building periods. These envelopes were titled CUP [Covenant University Project] and were for donations towards building the University. Lie much MOG?

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by rusher14: 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
eldoradoxx: You guys need to study the man called Bishop Oyedepo before making a wrong conclusion. He was called by God to liberate man kind from the oppression of the devil after an 18 hour horrific encounter with God after waiting (fasting for days). The liberation mandate is through the teaching of the word of faith I am yet to see any human being exhibit the raw faith of Oyedepo, another , he was also called to prosper his generation as an apostle of God ordained principles of Prosperity and to manifest signs and wonders. Now this was in 1982 or thereabout. At that time who how much was he paid? God's work is not something you can pay for! Even in same 1987, he said he was asked by God to sacrifice his jallopy Bettle car, he gladly gave it to God and started trekking, he was a pastor, that was the only thing of worth he owned. How many of us can sell our cars and give to God. Note that nobody asked him to , God asked him and he speedily obeyed and God spoke to him that it was too late for him to be poor. This was in 1987. Papa's mysterious wealth is in giving. He is a great giver and that is why he keeps rising even when the multi billion naira church pays him no dime!
All stories he told you right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) / David Yong-gi Cho, Founder Of South Korea's Yoido Megachurch Dies At 85 / Why The North Will Still Vote For Buhari In 2019 –matthew Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.