Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,408 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? (15754 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by nkemKalu: 8:36am On Dec 12, 2012
If u go ahead, soon and very soon u will be a married man cos the frequency of visits will give u that tag
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by tunapawizzy: 8:45am On Dec 12, 2012
Too close for comfort
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by baggy4luv(m): 8:46am On Dec 12, 2012
Be prepared for sextatainment
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by olempe(m): 8:47am On Dec 12, 2012
omega25red: seriously the cons out weigh the pros. You already know how valuable you having your space is to you so dont do it

Dude, u're too good! Thumbs up!!
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by dulphines: 8:50am On Dec 12, 2012
Grab it now while offer lasts. It may turn out to be one of those things you didn't do and live to regret ever after. No fear, eat and think later! She may not even want to date you but just to taste you. I'v experienced this alot.
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by dnawah(m): 8:51am On Dec 12, 2012
omega25red: pro and cons to every situation.

pro
she is close by
easy access to sex
no travelling
shared space
you know what she is up to

cons
she has unlimited access to you
she knows when you come and go
if things get bad, you have to see her everyday
if sheis psycho she would make your life a living hell
if you are a player your game would be grounded
she might expect you to pay her rent

these are just a few reason that go both ways

and u cant a female visitor,she too can get a male visitor.(this guy ebi like say u get degree 4 womanology o!):-D
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by ITbomb(m): 8:57am On Dec 12, 2012
wizzymate: I'll say you follow your heart.
I'm currently in the same boat as the Op, and there is also the issue of age gap of about 12yrs between us. She's really into me.
So na u dey pursue all those small girls for yard wey dey go fetch water
Just allow her to finish Secondary school first , I take god beg u
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by ejifranks(m): 9:02am On Dec 12, 2012
ITbomb:
hahahahahahahahaha-laf wan kil me here..dis guy u funny die..
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by sigmaseller: 9:04am On Dec 12, 2012
Just chop nd wash ur hand, clean ur mouth nd find d next girl to chop
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by wizzymate(m): 9:04am On Dec 12, 2012
ITbomb:
i hear you.
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by ejifranks(m): 9:05am On Dec 12, 2012
Gud mawnin yall. op is back...let me scroll tru all ur good pieces of advice.
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by ejifranks(m): 9:08am On Dec 12, 2012
Duke_Nija: You are forming now shey?
I pity you.
You better date her, before you commit suicide when Someone else starts making her Scream at nite.
e fit pain me sha..
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by Afamdman(m): 9:08am On Dec 12, 2012
Nothing wrong with dating your neighbour. She is not a blood relative. So carry on, who knows she might be the one.

Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by ejifranks(m): 9:09am On Dec 12, 2012
X-factoria:
Guy, do what you have to do.

Here is how to do it, don't ask her out. Just screw her and pretend it didn't happen. Annoy her afterwards, she would leave you alone.
sowie i no get am por dat kinda mind..
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by ypzilanti: 9:09am On Dec 12, 2012
nkem Kalu: If u go ahead, soon and very soon u will be a married man cos the frequency of visits will give u that tag

Do not attempt, unless:

(a) You are hoping the relationship will blossom to something permanent.

(b) Both of you have a clearly agreed 'Friends with Benefit' arrangement.

For the 'a' option, you actually have a good opportunity to observe her compatibility with you, as well as character before plunging in. If this is your aim, be patient and take your time before jumping in.

The 'b' option...It's not for the sexually unsophisticated or for the soft hearted. It is also need a lot of experience to initiate and structure the 'contract' well.
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by ejifranks(m): 9:14am On Dec 12, 2012
ZHANGFELIX: You are not a high moral man. I just want to say please restrain your desire!
and my dearest zhang how were u able to decipher dat i am an immoral guy nd how does self control matter come in here..na wa 4u oo. anyway thnks 4ur contribution
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by Booty4me: 9:15am On Dec 12, 2012
nedu213: Yes@OP. We'v dated for close to 4yrs since we graduated n we r close to formal introduction. We are direct opp neigbours in d street. @OP, its actually a VERY rough road bt follow ur heart.
lol... Nawa 4 u o
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by ejifranks(m): 9:20am On Dec 12, 2012
andyanders: To me, I think there is nothing here for you to feel bad about this young lady because she is your neighbor now. Maybe, if you pack from where you are now, you might be surprised that she is that good one meant for you. If you are all tenants, that implies that one day, both of you will be out of your present place.
First, note the good qualities she got now and also understand that at present, you have not found her wanting and her closeness should not be misunderstood as if she is a cheap girl. Pack from there and now try to understudy her more and see if you she can be the one for you. Forget people telling you an away match or nonsense like that is what you will miss.
thanks man ...13months away to pack out...
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by 360command: 9:25am On Dec 12, 2012
A girl who comes in your home anyday/anytime she feels like is all for the phuck! why dont you be serious with her and try to do some seductions, and if she falls for it, you will know that she is with u for phuck and nothing.. even if you have a gf, she might not to worry but she can be full of worry. Make her understand that she is a friend but not a phuck buddy, make her understand that despite d phuck we ve, our friendship can transcend into love engagement type of relationship. its very dulling for a girl to be nice with a guy and d guy plays a mumu act. Is people like you that make it difficult for weak guys trying to find d heart to talk to a woman and the woman starts snubing the guy. Life is changing so as the world is changing.. a woman is toasting you today ,try accept her toast.

Merci mon frere!
Chao! 360command.
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by ejifranks(m): 9:28am On Dec 12, 2012
ypzilanti:

Do not attempt, unless:

(a) You are hoping the relationship will blossom to something permanent.

(b) Both of you have a clearly agreed 'Friends with Benefit' arrangement.

For the 'a' option, you actually have a good opportunity to observe her compatibility with you, as well as character before plunging in. If this is your aim, be patient and take your time before jumping in.

The 'b' option...It's not for the sexually unsophisticated or for the soft hearted. It is also need a lot of experience to initiate and structure the 'contract' well.
my motto in life is slow nd steady makes the journey easy. i like ur idea on taking option a,just hope she would subscribe to it witout any hard feelings..<d forward open type>
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by caesaraba(m): 9:30am On Dec 12, 2012
If you decide to date her, it's going to be an up/down road. Sometimes it'll feel like you took the best decision and at other times it would feel like you made a mistake. Every relationship requires compromise so both of you would have to sacrifice a little bit of something in order to make it work. You'll figure it out with time and maybe you'll be glad you chose to date her in the long-run. I know cos I'm talking from (present) experience. My own opinion though. (Just like you, I don't fancy double-dating).
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by ejifranks(m): 9:36am On Dec 12, 2012
360command: A girl who comes in your home anyday/anytime she feels like is all for the phuck! why dont you be serious with her and try to do some seductions, and if she falls for it, you will know that she is with u for phuck and nothing.. even if you have a gf, she might not to worry but she can be full of worry. Make her understand that she is a friend but not a phuck buddy, make her understand that despite d phuck we ve, our friendship can transcend into love engagement type of relationship. its very dulling for a girl to be nice with a guy and d guy plays a mumu act. Is people like you that make it difficult for weak guys trying to find d heart to talk to a woman and the woman starts snubing the guy. Life is changing so as the world is changing.. a woman is toasting you today ,try accept her toast.

Merci mon frere!
Chao! 360command.
thinking dat a gal dat feeds nd loves cooking 4me,does my chores and loves hangin around wit me is all for the phuck <cheap> is unfair.i know ur notion here is wrong.tnx though
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by Xfactoria: 10:00am On Dec 12, 2012
ejifranks: sowie i no get am por dat kinda mind..

Then don't do it if you don't want to marry her.

YoWhat I posted earlier is what I did to my neighbour when she encroached my space and won't let me breath. I gave her what she wanted and moved on.

Your problem is not a peculiar one. When the possibility of marriage suddenly shows up to any guy that is not convinced he is ready, this is what happens. I'm married and I can tell you that 90% of guys are not always sure they are ready even when everything is set. I'll advise you let the lady know your mind asap so she doesn't keep hoping because keeping her in suspense is as bad as getting a fling out of her. So be decisive!!!
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by vislabraye(m): 10:30am On Dec 12, 2012
What is right or what is wrong depends on you.
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by jydinstrydin: 10:48am On Dec 12, 2012
lynton:

I have the same issue my people. I have a lady neighbour too, we are good friends and we do so many things together. We eat together, gist, watch movies together, and we even cook for each other. I so much like her and would love to have her as a partner by the grace of God. I'm so scared of opening up because I wouldn't want to spoil our friendship. I Enjoy our friendship so much. Please I need help ohhhh.
oga, i no know wetin u dey wait for o. sebi u talk say u go like marry am? abeg, toast am naaa or na until she give u i.v to her wedding with another man? unless u r not sure u wanna marry her sha
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by dilbert100: 11:00am On Dec 12, 2012
why not!! go for it
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by dhrey: 11:35am On Dec 12, 2012
ejifranks: just a question. i have a beautiful lady neigbour that always comes around my room and all that.i know she is attracted to me nd i to her but my mind is kinda unsettled ..is it right to go extra mile with her as my neigbour or just remain platonic as we are.
guy dont dull,she is waitin 4 u to make d first move,so far u like her,u can go 4 her.play safe nd play a mature game.
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 12, 2012
Opportunity come bt onces,if u cnt code ur runs wit oda gals dnt date her....Bt if i may ask do u want to date d gal or u just wan chop am?
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by nativedoctor(m): 11:50am On Dec 12, 2012
Love thy neighbour...regularly
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by freakcin: 11:57am On Dec 12, 2012
flinspiero: Opportunity come bt onces,if u cnt code ur runs wit oda gals dnt date her....Bt if i may ask do u want to date d gal or u just wan chop am?

How do you code ur runs with another girl from a neighbour.

@ op, na so e dey be when u just dey meet the girl oooh! Na so everything go dey shine like neon lights on xmas eve, so lovey dovey and all what not.

Wait till u start dating and peradventure things don't go according to plan na dat tym u go begin know sey, pesin nor dey jump anyhow when it comes to woman matter, leave all these unexperienced dudes wey dey say make u go for the kill ooooh! Dem nor go dey dia when kasala burst.

Sometime back this babe moved into the mini estate my friend stays, over-fine dey worry the girl, nor do nor do, dem don begin roll wth each other. . love dey shack dem. The day d babe caught my guy creeping on her wth her friend ehn! she used her car to block my friend's car and he couldn't access his car for a week, he had to join me each morning to work. The embarrassment was massive. Na landlord settle am last, last! lipsrsealed

Be that as it may, take time to study her, you never know she just could be the one.
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by Localamos(m): 11:58am On Dec 12, 2012
omega25red: seriously the cons out weigh the pros. You already know how valuable you having your space is to you so dont do it

By saying "don't do it", you are telling him "Do it"!

That's how man's instincts of attraction are wired.
Re: Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? by IncomeTutor: 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2012
how beautiful is she that you have to think
twice and ask questions and advice?

register her in your club in case she decides
to go out with the president someday. that way
you will start getting all the contracts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Promising Is Distance/social Media Relationship? / Can You Date/marry A Woman With Stretch Marks? Pics(+18) / She Came, Cooked, We Drank, and Did This When Her BF Called [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.