Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,994 members, 7,866,734 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:43 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11093780 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (7822) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jposuagwu: 12:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
By Ihedioranma: Sanusi plans to devalue naira as our external reserve falls and he cannot afford to wedge naira with it anymore. He also plans to increase rate of public funds. What will be the effect? Interest happens, institutional investors wains with less risk. IF that happens i think we the investors will gain from it, is only if ur stock what #100,000 it will be #10,000 bout the number of ur stock will there thats what i think.

Sanusi is not devaluing the naira for now. He is rather defending the naira at current rate. He has instead elected to increase CRR to 50% meaning banks must deposit 50% of govt funds in their vaults with the CBN. It is the banks that will be hit by this but trust the Nigerian banks, they have resistance. They will devise a way to wriggle out it. Presently bank shares are losing but they will all bounce bank in no time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 1:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
Why not try chappellhill and deham securities.
9free:
Buying both at the moment. My brother, you no see wetin other Oil marketing coys dey do? Sentimentally speaking, Oando will join that trend soon and e be like sey e don start sef.
E dey pain me now sey I no get aggressively fast broker like Oga Elai own......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anyanwu58: 1:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
Elai147:

You don't need to open another account. Give your Clearing House Number (CHN) to the new stockbroker and tell them you wish to maintain the same CHN so that they don't open a new one for you. If you do this, you will have two stockbrokers but one CHN. This way, you are able to view and monitor both stockbroking accounts with one CSCS online subscription. You can also move your stocks from your current stockbroker to a new one but this process is not easy and takes some time. Except you do not trust your current broker, I will advise you not to bother transferring your stock. You can have more than one stockbrokers but just make sure you maintain one CHN number so that you can monitor all stockbroking accounts in one go.

Thank you very much broda.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ess: 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
Market is RED today...may we not continue to see this red any longer!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 2:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ess: Market is RED today...may we not continue to see this red any longer!
If I no get Oando alert today, I go just put my purchase mandate on hold while I wait for Diamond Bank and UBA at sub N5.00
Time for cherry picking again don show.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:20pm On Jul 24, 2013
9free:
Buying both at the moment. My brother, you no see wetin other Oil marketing coys dey do? Sentimentally speaking, Oando will join that trend soon and e be like sey e don start sef.
E dey pain me now sey I no get aggressively fast broker like Oga Elai own......

Especially that Forte Oil...Looks like they are back to profitability. I am watching it very closely...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
CBN Monetary Policy.

From what I garthered from Daily Trust 23/07/13, Central Bank Monetary Committee headed by the Governor, Sanusi, expressed satisfaction with the current state of the economy, having noted amongst others, increase in the country's foreign reserve.

In conclusion, it decided to maintain the nation's tight monetary policy. O pari.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
Blood on the floor. Pieces and flesh of companies stocks littering everywhere. Is this the end for our dear NSE?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichYoungRuler(m): 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
jposuagwu:

Sanusi is not devaluing the naira for now. He is rather defending the naira at current rate. He has instead elected to increase CRR to 50% meaning banks must deposit 50% of govt funds in their vaults with the CBN. It is the banks that will be hit by this but trust the Nigerian banks, they have resistance. They will devise a way to wriggle out it. Presently bank shares are losing but they will all bounce bank in no time.

hmmmn,i have a feeling FBNH will be seriously hit, little wonder the banks have steadily been on a price decline in the last few days. Well, maybe its time to mop up more bank shares??Now, what explains the sudden race wey oil companies dey run dis past few days?
By and large this current run has shown me the reason why one should have a well balanced portfolio.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
valacious: Blood on the floor. Pieces and flesh of companies stocks littering everywhere. Is this the end for our dear NSE?

It is rather an opportunity for long term investors to add more units to their long term stocks and start reaping fat dividends and bonuses every year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
RichYoungRuler:

hmmmn,i have a feeling FBNH will be seriously hit, little wonder the banks have steadily been on a price decline in the last few days. Well, maybe its time to mop up more bank shares??Now, what explains the sudden race wey oil companies dey run dis past few days?
By and large this current run has shown me the reason why one should have a well balanced portfolio.

After the downturn of 2008, banking sector is the only sector that is recovering at a very slow rate. The reason for this is not very clear to me. Inasmuch as this may be the right time for those who have money to buy from this sector, one should trade with caution. To reduce risk, I have decided to venture this sector by adding to my holdings in very sound banking stocks ONLY. I am not ready to make silly mistakes of the past.

You are correct that one should always have a balanced portfolio. The skyrocketing nature of the oil sector baffled me. We are still waiting for the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) into law by the senate which I thought may cause early threat in this sector but the reverse is now the case. My regret is that I only have a very thin holdings in this sector which I have to increase.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by question(m): 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
The bears have come to kill, steal and destroy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 8:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
Elai147:

After the downturn of 2008, banking sector is the only sector that is recovering at a very slow rate. The reason for this is not very clear to me. Inasmuch as this may be the right time for those who have money to buy from this sector, one should trade with caution. To reduce risk, I have decided to venture this sector by adding to my holdings in very sound banking stocks ONLY. I am not ready to make silly mistakes of the past.

You are correct that one should always have a balanced portfolio. The skyrocketing nature of the oil sector baffled me. We are still waiting for the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) into law by the senate which I thought may cause early threat in this sector but the reverse is now the case. My regret is that I only have a very thin holdings in this sector which I have to increase.
And that increase will come from Oando cos others don fly-away!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 8:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
question: The bears have come to kill, steal and destroy.
You funny ooooohhhh.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
9free:
If I no get Oando alert today, I go just put my purchase mandate on hold while I wait for Diamond Bank and UBA at sub N5.00
Time for cherry picking again don show.
BUSINESS MAN I CANT BUY ANY OF THEM AT THAT YOUR PRICE IT NEED TO COME BACK WELL WELL IF THEY NEED MY HELP.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by question(m): 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2013
ihedioramma: BUSINESS MAN I CANT BUY ANY OF THEM AT THAT YOUR PRICE IT NEED TO COME BACK WELL WELL IF THEY NEED MY HELP.
Chief.. Na wa for you o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 25, 2013
And funny enough, towards the latter end of trading day, things began to normalise. NSE-defies logic!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:59am On Jul 25, 2013
question:
Chief.. Na wa for you o.
I NO BE CHIEF O, NA BROTHER ME I BE .NA THE KOKO BE THAT O . grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
9free:
And that increase will come from Oando cos others don fly-away!

Plus Fort Oil. What goes up must surely come down... Abi no be so dem talk am? I go wait for Fort Oil to fall back
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
Where our in-house NL-NSE reporters dey?
I hear say results wey concern my portfolio don the comot for NSE floor.
Oga B2bR, Mercilycious, Elai, Ihem....where our results dey
Make una no forget to bring NEM, DIAMOND, FCMB, OANDO, DANG SUGAR, JAPUAL and ETI before others...
One love
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
THANK'S 9FREE ONE LOVE. BOUT YOU KNOW WANT TO SELL YOUR GTB MAKE EFOLLOW COME DOWN
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 6:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
abeg i bot 7000 unit of honyflour inapril dis yr. I heard dey av declared 16k dividend. Am r qualified 2 partake in dis dividend?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ileman: 6:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
jp130: abeg i bot 7000 unit of honyflour inapril dis yr. I heard dey av declared 16k dividend. Am r qualified 2 partake in dis dividend?

yes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
bt my problm is i bot it bhind d declaring date n again, plz hw does 1 access bonus n dividend in d secondary market? Plz giv me detail ansa abeg. I need help tru ur replies
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by saanil: 5:51am On Jul 26, 2013
jposuagwu:

What does this mean for the interest rate environment? Does this mean loans will get more costlier? will rate on deposits increase?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 8:23am On Jul 26, 2013
[quote author=saanil]

What does this mean for the interest rate environment? Does this mean loans will get more costlier? will rate on deposits increase?

Bolded = YES
Coloured = NO
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FINMGR: 9:11am On Jul 26, 2013
jp130: bt my problm is i bot it bhind d declaring date n again, plz hw does 1 access bonus n dividend in d secondary market? Plz giv me detail ansa abeg. I need help tru ur replies
Contact the registrar of the company you have shares with. for dividend fill E- dividend form to get your dividend credited to your bank account
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2013
FINMGR: Contact the registrar of the company you have shares with. for dividend fill E- dividend form to get your dividend credited to your bank account
I 'm yet to fill and submit mine. Pls is it late to get my uba edividend this year?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichYoungRuler(m): 11:10am On Jul 26, 2013
veeco vee: I 'm yet to fill and submit mine. Pls is it late to get my uba edividend this year?
hi,Your dividend would be waiting for you till you go and claim it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichYoungRuler(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2013
I hope the monies for printing and posting of dividend warrants and certificates will be given to shareholders though. At all at all na im bad,abi?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 26, 2013
I have not been seeing b2br's posts of late. Guy r u on vacatn? There r some hot news wey b2br dey bring 4 us, but now, I dey hear am days later frm proshare.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
mercylicious: I have not been seeing b2br's posts of late. Guy r u on vacatn? There r some hot news wey b2br dey bring 4 us, but now, I dey hear am days later frm proshare.
Abeg, you fit refresh our memory?

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (7822) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zagee, phemmie06(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.