Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,922 members, 7,866,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:38 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11092595 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (7821) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
9free:
Bros, I no like Oando one bit. But with wetin FO don do so far, I go bone Fundamentals and follow Sentiments for this one.
The Debt wey this company carry dey fear me oooohhhh. But Tinubu and him gangs sweet mouth go make this one rally small.

Oando is good for long term. I have started accumulating before the thing go skyrocket like presco and co.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 2:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
Elai147:

Oando is good for long term. I have started accumulating before the thing go skyrocket like presco and co.
So na you dey push me since for this railway station..... Bros, wait make I enter first.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:02pm On Jul 23, 2013
anyanwu58: Hi Every1, please i want to change my broker, how do i go about it?
Do i need to open another CSCS account with the new broker or can i move my current CSCS account to the new broker(Meritrade).
Thanks for your help.

You don't need to open another account. Give your Clearing House Number (CHN) to the new stockbroker and tell them you wish to maintain the same CHN so that they don't open a new one for you. If you do this, you will have two stockbrokers but one CHN. This way, you are able to view and monitor both stockbroking accounts with one CSCS online subscription. You can also move your stocks from your current stockbroker to a new one but this process is not easy and takes some time. Except you do not trust your current broker, I will advise you not to bother transferring your stock. You can have more than one stockbrokers but just make sure you maintain one CHN number so that you can monitor all stockbroking accounts in one go.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
9free:
So na you dey push me since for this railway station..... Bros, wait make I enter first.

I follow u dey there since na but I don enter the bus now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
9free:
Why all these questions na? Just follow this link: www.meritrade.com and read for urselves what they have got to offer.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
When will PRESCO be marked down? Closure date was July 08 but no sign of being marked down yet. I was waiting to load some units after the mark down...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
My guys, na bad story I hear so.
Sanusi plans to devalue naira as our external reserve falls and he cannot afford to wedge naira with it anymore. He also plans to increase rate of public funds. What will be the effect? Interest rate (both lending and fd ) will increase. And if that happens, institutional investors will prefer to move their money to money market where they are assured of gains with less risk. If that happens, the stock market will crash. So we are expecting bears.
I don already tell my broker to sell my non performing stocks so that I can gain advantage in the bears.
Anyway, we pray this never happens.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2013
Please, are they really going to mark-down presco?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
mercylicious: My guys, na bad story I hear so.
Sanusi plans to devalue naira as our external reserve falls and he cannot afford to wedge naira with it anymore. He also plans to increase rate of public funds. What will be the effect? Interest rate (both lending and fd ) will increase. And if that happens, institutional investors will prefer to move their money to money market where they are assured of gains with less risk. If that happens, the stock market will crash. So we are expecting bears.
I don already tell my broker to sell my non performing stocks so that I can gain advantage in the bears.
I don dey buy dollars small small ooohhhh. I no fit carru last for this one.
Make him devalue the money abeg. Na only my Importation Biz this one go affect.
Meanwhile Oga Elai, I neva see trade alert ooohh. E be like say you done mop up all the Oando fpr NSE floor.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
presiade: Please, are they really going to mark-down presco?
You stoll dey wait for markdown!!!?? If you see Okomu Q2 result, you no go waste time sell your Presco.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
9free:
You still dey wait for markdown!!!?? If you see Okomu Q2 result, you no go waste time sell your Presco.
seriously
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by horlla(m): 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2013

U are scarring me.Anyway, we can still withstand the weather....just move some funds to MM.But some stocks would still give capital gains and good returns
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 6:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
Omo una see wetin this Oil coys dey do? Forte Oil, Conoil, MSR Oil..... Na wa oooo....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2013

Read this on SMN , I think I should start moving some funds to money Market .. I dey heavy for this stock market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 7:44pm On Jul 23, 2013
Tnx a million mr Elai
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jposuagwu: 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
There is no certainty whether increasing CRR to 50% will actually affect stock market or not. The same fear and apprehension was expressed when MPR was increased. It was feared then that the stock market would crash but the opposite happened. Nigeria situation defies every económic logic. Nothing dey happen. This market will not crash. Has any bad news ever affected stock market in Nigeria? Elsewhere This news alone should have sent stocks into the red zone today but the market is oblivious of what sanusi has pronounced. Lets see how the market reacts tomorrow but do pay deaf ear to alarmists.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichYoungRuler(m): 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
Godsfavson: Pls Ogas in the house. can u educate me on the implications of closure date and payment date as regards dividend payments and bonuses.. thanks
Hi Godsfavson, closure date refers to when the said company will close their register of shareholders, whilst the payment date refers to the date the said bonus or dividend is to be paid and consequently marked down appropriately. so, if you buy before closure date you should be a partaker of the said bonus and or dividend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
Elai147:

what is your definition of long term sir- 6monnths, 1yr, 2yrs ,3yrs?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:56am On Jul 24, 2013

Thanks for this alert sha...but it sound scary o...please financial analyst should tell us the possible consequences if this happens...because I no like to hear that statement "stock market crash" again for this our generation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:00am On Jul 24, 2013
9free:
Meanwhile Oga Elai, I neva see trade alert ooohh. E be like say you done mop up all the Oando fpr NSE floor.

Oga 9free, na everywhere you dey... currency market, stock market, treasury bills, etc... in fact, Global Market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:08am On Jul 24, 2013
So-brit:

what is your definition of long term sir- 6monnths, 1yr, 2yrs ,3yrs?

All things being equal, it will be for as long as I can hold the stock. My main interest there will be on dividends and bonuses. I will worry about capital appreciation when I finally decide to offload my holdings in the stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 6:21am On Jul 24, 2013
Elai147:

Oga 9free, na everywhere you dey... currency market, stock market, treasury bills, etc... in fact, Global Market.
Na you dey show me the way ooohhh..... I just dey follow you for back dey enter any door you open. I will neva leave you until I grow and gather great wealth like you.
I dobale oooooo......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 8:59am On Jul 24, 2013
There is one thing I like about penny stocks: they make me feel like the chairman of a company cheesy
my broker got me some UBCAP yesterday...cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ayolatun(m): 10:34am On Jul 24, 2013
Corp member reporting, being following you guys and I' d love to say good job especially to stockbull, Born2b rich, mercylicious and co.

To be honest I have gained a lot and now I have a stock broker. I have also began to set aside 35.4% of my alawi for investment - its never too late.

I have a question, Is it possible to trade options( like puts and call options) in the NSE?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 10:41am On Jul 24, 2013
ayolatun: Corp member reporting, being following you guys and I' d love to say good job especially to stockbull, Born2b rich, mercylicious and co.

To be honest I have gained a lot and now I have a stock broker. I have also began to set aside 35.4% of my alawi for investment - its never too late.

I have a question, Is it possible to trade options( like puts and call options) in the NSE?
Not yet but we may get there soon...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:45am On Jul 24, 2013
[quote author=mercylicious]My guys, na bad story I hear so.
Sanusi plans to devalue naira as our external reserve falls and he cannot afford to wedge naira with it anymore. He also plans to increase rate of public funds. What will be the effect? Interest happens, institutional investors wains with less risk. IF that happens i think we the investors will gain from it, is only if ur stock what #100,000 it will be #10,000 bout the number of ur stock will there thats what i think.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 10:54am On Jul 24, 2013
9free:
Na you dey show me the way ooohhh..... I just dey follow you for back dey enter any door you open. I will neva leave you until I grow and gather great wealth like you.
I dobale oooooo......

Hahahahaha, I hear you sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:59am On Jul 24, 2013
9free:
did i here u say oando? i think u say u are buying $ what will u use oando to do ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:03am On Jul 24, 2013
ihedioramma: did i here u say oando? i think u say u are buying $ what will u use oando to do ?

Your Oando prediction is beginning to materialize. I remember how you always sound warnings that Oando will get to N20 very soon.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 11:16am On Jul 24, 2013
9free: Omo una see wetin this Oil coys dey do? Forte Oil, Conoil, MSR Oil..... Na wa oooo....
omo me i no day happy as i day carpark dey sleep now, do u no i se this stock at #10 bout did not buy even now . let the people that are into the bus injoy and people that can buy at this time. becos me i cant buy at this price .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 11:53am On Jul 24, 2013
ihedioramma: did i here u say oando? i think u say u are buying $ what will u use oando to do ?
Buying both at the moment. My brother, you no see wetin other Oil marketing coys dey do? Sentimentally speaking, Oando will join that trend soon and e be like sey e don start sef.
E dey pain me now sey I no get aggressively fast broker like Oga Elai own......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jposuagwu: 12:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
[quote author=ihedioramma][/quote]

Sanusi is not devaluing the naira for now. He is rather defending the naira at current rate. He has instead elected to increase CRR to 50% meaning banks must deposit 50% of govt funds in their vaults with the CBN. It is the banks that will be hit by this but trust the Nigerian banks, they have resistance. They will devise a way to wriggle out it. Presently bank shares are losing but they will all bounce bank in no time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (7821) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agbalowomeri, cocolacec(m), Ginalex(f), Niyijac and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.