Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10967018 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (7780) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 7:41am On Oct 07, 2013
Dont sell your f b now. It will pick up. Sell when it picks up and forget banks stocks unless u want good divident paying banks like guaranty and zenith etc. I no longer buy banks stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxisreal: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2013
Toluway: Dont sell your f b now. It will pick up. Sell when it picks up and forget banks stocks unless u want good divident paying banks like guaranty and zenith etc. I no longer buy banks stocks.

bro any information about the bank shocked

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 11:19am On Oct 07, 2013
ihedioramma: THEY ARE NOT GOOD TO BUY NOW FBNH 1O OR 7.50, okomu 10 or 12
That means i am never going to buy okomu until next economic meltdown. Have u 4gtn they paid divided of N7.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2013
Toluway: Dont sell your f b now. It will pick up. Sell when it picks up and forget banks stocks unless u want good divident paying banks like guaranty and zenith etc. I no longer buy banks stocks.
So wat stock are u suggesting with good dividend payout and possible price appreciation of over 10% by bullish run in 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 6:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
I dont recommend stock but i can tell you what i want to buy. I dont buy for dividends. I buy low sell high. P.Z , interbrew, Ashakacem. I dont buy banks until further notice.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zaraman(m): 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
SWG 1:
So wat stock are u suggesting with good dividend payout and possible price appreciation of over 10% by bullish run in 2014

will love to hear expert response on that too..planning to invest 7 figure amount in the NSE but will prefer a list of company one can invest in,mostly penny stock or any stock that can yield above 30percent in the next 12months.

I think wema bank is a good buy now,having bought over 2million unit at 92kobo few weeks ago and current price is 1.12 which is about 20percent increase.hopefully it will get to 2naira before my targeted 12months period.

i hope we could get day to day advise from experts from this thread
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
Odu-toda-iwa:

Gurus in the house. I have a question. I have about 1mill units of Transcorp and UBACAP. I am contemplating offloading this stocks this Monday before profit taking begins. I really do not need the money but I hate seeing previous appreciations go down the drain. For example I bought 100K units of Oando at N14+. When it was at N19+ I was thinking of selling but i didn't sell until my gain became loss and I had to sell at N12.

I have lost money on some stocks this year e.g C&I Leasing, Oando, Japaul, AIICO, Prestige Insurance. This recent marginal gain in Transcorp is taking me towards break even this year. I don't wanna lose it in the name of profit taking.

In think the price appreciation in transcorp is due to handover of Ughelli power station to transcorp by the FG and nothing more. I guess sometime soon it will retrace. But i have the feeling that the stock will do well in the long run.

Make una advice please.

Anyone knows the future of UBACAP.

I always say on this forum that as an investor you should know your exit strategy before buying any financial instruments. This should be your driver and not the shout from the stock market or noise of the chat room. If you intend to make 20%, when the price hit your target exit sharp sharp even if the price later rises more than 100%. Nothing to regret about. Nobody knows the future of UBACAP except their directors and management, and they won't tell you this otherwise they would be committing a crime. Please know before you place a trade, your time frame and the expected return. Market will always be there. They have been around hundred of years and they are here to stay. I made the same mistake 2008 when I refused to sell my shares because I did not have time frame and exit strategy. In my Korokoro eyes 10 Million naira turned to 2 Million within months, positive to negative, traders turns to he go better investor. Broda except you are a value investor which really want to own the company, always plan how to exit. Those people don't think of time and exit strategy because they want to be part of the company and grow the company . But if you are traders or investor that only interested in share appreciation, know your time and exit. Nobody no the future of any stock. You can only control your time, loss and strategy. Sorry I can tell you anything about the future of UBACAP, make your own decision.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Odutodaiwa: 9:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
Thanks a bunch frond. I have already make up my mind as I have already sold all my transcorp today. I also gave instruction to my broker to sell UBACAP but he only managed to sell some 30%.

After this, i only hope that trancorp crashes so I can re-enter. If U still dey inside transcorp bus no vex fir me o.

It really feels good to be 500k richer!!!.

Right now, I feel like a pool player. Anyone has three numbers make I Nap am or na Perm ni i. In other words, you have idea of 3 companies worth buying NOW!!!.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
federal government bond bond. Una no de folo dis 1?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 12:02am On Oct 08, 2013
jp130: federal government bond bond. Una no de folo dis 1?

This forum na share. You can start another chart room for Bond smiley.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 1:22am On Oct 08, 2013
frond:

This forum na share. You can start another chart room for Bond smiley.
https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria/34
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 8:59am On Oct 08, 2013
Nigerian Stock Exchange:

1. Market opens the week pessimistic; dips by -0.19%

2. MAYBAKER records astronomical volume growth as investors increase stake

3. UNITYKAP Declares 2k Dividend per Share for 2012 Audited Report

4. World Bank to fund Nigeria’s power

5. UK court orders retrial of Ibori’s case shocked

6. Dangote plans $34.7bn fresh investment in economy

7. Dangote to chair World Economic Forum

Source: www.proshareng.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:06am On Oct 08, 2013
For those that have unity kapital shares, UNITYKAP Declares 2k Dividend per Share for 2012 Audited Report..see below:

http://www.proshareng.com/news/21140/UNITYKAP-Declares-2k-Dividend-per-Share-for-2012-Audited-Report
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 9:10am On Oct 08, 2013
Interbrew. After the retracement.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ess: 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
Room is quiet.
People are busy planting obviously.
The market seems to be recovering.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 2:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
The return of the king of Bourdillon portends a gr8 deal for Skye Bank. This stock was just 2 quiet 4 my liking. Wake up joor! Oga is in town ejoor... ;DThe return of the king of Bourdillon portends a gr8 deal for Skye Bank. This stock was just 2 quiet 4 my liking. Wake up joor! Oga is in town ejoor...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 3:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
gosj: The return of the king of Bourdillon portends a gr8 deal for Skye Bank. This stock was just 2 quiet 4 my liking. Wake up joor! Oga is in town ejoor... ;DThe return of the king of Bourdillon portends a gr8 deal for Skye Bank. This stock was just 2 quiet 4 my liking. Wake up joor! Oga is in town ejoor...
Bros, save yourself the energy and stress. The NSE does not listen to news lately...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
Elai147: Oando Energy Resources extends repayment date for Oando loan
http://www.bloomberg.com/article/2013-09-30/aKgQ_24LWVmQ.html

Witness: Ibori Has No Shares in Ocean and Oil Services, Oando
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/witness-ibori-has-no-shares-in-ocean-and-oil-services-oando/160476

Oando: An Uncommon Investment Opportunity
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/oando-an-uncommon-investment-opportunity/160443

Wema Bank raises N40b from capital market
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/capital-markets/134543-wema-bank-raises-n40b-from-capital-market

EFCC, NSE Partner to Tackle Capital Market Infractions
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/efcc-nse-partner-to-tackle-capital-market-infractions/160938/

Aiico Insurance Assures Stakeholders on Greater Penetration
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/aiico-insurance-assures-stakeholders-on-greater-penetration/160917

pls is there any hope for aiico insurance? i want to buy sad
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ileman: 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
Pls could anyone explain hw possible dis is.my broker bought oando @ 10.80 while its highest price is 10.69 for today. Response will be appreciated
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zaraman(m): 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
ileman: Pls could anyone explain hw possible dis is.my broker bought oando @ 10.80 while its highest price is 10.69 for today. Response will be appreciated

i believe most brokers,well brokers i use tends to add brokerage fees and others fees to the cost price of each unit bought
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 6:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
ileman: Pls could anyone explain hw possible dis is.my broker bought oando @ 10.80 while its highest price is 10.69 for today. Response will be appreciated
Dats bullshit bro. Signs of bad broka
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
you bought less than 50,000 units or he bought in tranches for you.
10.69 is the highest price a for a bulk buy of 50,000 and above.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
jp130:
Dats bullshit bro. Signs of bad broka

the broker did nothing wrong,thats the NSE rule.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ileman: 7:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
hbrednic:
you bought less than 50,000 units or he bought in tranches for you.
10.69 is the highest price a for a bulk buy of 50,000 and above.

yes i bought less than 50,000 units. I think this best explain it. Thanks alot
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by uuspace(m): 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
What happened was that u did not place a price limit on your mandate.I suggest next time u give ur broker a mandate,put a price limit or tell them the price you want it to be bought.

:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:01am On Oct 09, 2013
PUBLIC NOTICE – COMPANIES UNDER INVESTIGATION
http://www.proshareng.com/news/21153.html
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 6:37am On Oct 09, 2013
plz if bonus share is creditted 2 ur scsc acct. Wud u b alerted by cscs alert?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ess: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2013
uuspace: What happened was that u did not place a price limit on your mandate.I suggest next time u give ur broker a mandate,put a price limit or tell them the price you want it to be bought.
:

My broker was like that until I started giving him some mathematical equations with equality symbols thus:

if x is less than or equal to y then buy, else ignore.
if x is greater than or equal to y then sell, else ignore.
my y is normally the closing price of yesterday or less/more depending on buy/sell mandate. x being the buy or sell price.

This has been working as I always get results, keeps me wondering why he never bothered to put in my interest in the business before!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 11:37am On Oct 09, 2013
Ess:

My broker was like that until I started giving him some mathematical equations with equality symbols thus:

my y is normally the closing price of yesterday or less/more depending on buy/sell mandate. x being the buy or sell price.

This has been working as I always get results, keeps me wondering why he never bothered to put in my interest in the business before!

Chai!! You are a wicked man! grin

so becos of say you wan buy N2,000 worth of stocks you give your broker assignment to do!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Audacius: 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ess:

If you don't watch your back in stocks, nobody does. That explains why some won't touch stocks with a long pole. It's too much work for them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
hbrednic:

the broker did nothing wrong,thats the NSE rule.
how? Sinc wen dis rule start cos i neva buy up to 50,000 units of any stock b4 n its usually bot @markt price or below. XPLAIN PLZ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (7780) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ositadima1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.