Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10966320 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (7780) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 3:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
happy posting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by henrimoto(m): 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2013
good evening 'sirs' and ' mas' .......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
Please how can I operate a single chn with two broking firm, and what is the cost implication
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by foandt: 5:49am On Oct 10, 2013
stockbull: happy posting
Please sirs/mas kindly help me to solve this problem. My e dividend form was returned by Union registars that I should produce bankers confirmation of my signature, date the account was opened etc and my cscs statement. Meanwhile I had gone to my broker to send my signature specimen to all d registrars which had been done and I have a copy. I have been receiving e div from other registrars with this process except Union registrars. What do I do considering d cost and time. Thank u all
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2013
phemmie06: Please how can I operate a single chn with two broking firm, and what is the cost implication

Zero cost. Write a letter to cscs stating bith acciunts and chn numbers and the one chn number you wish to maintain. This letter will be addressed to cscs and will be through the broker whose chn you DONT want to maintain.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by uuspace(m): 9:29am On Oct 10, 2013
foandt: Please sirs/mas kindly help me to solve this problem. My e dividend form was returned by Union registars that I should produce bankers confirmation of my signature, date the account was opened etc and my cscs statement. Meanwhile I had gone to my broker to send my signature specimen to all d registrars which had been done and I have a copy. I have been receiving e div from other registrars with this process except Union registrars. What do I do considering d cost and time. Thank u all

Normally you are supposed to submit your e-dividend form to the rgistrar.The e-dividend form should be endorsed by your bank confirming your signature.

These other information Union Registrar are asking you for e.g CSCS statemnt is strange.Are you sure the stock in question has not been sold.,because they should have a record of all the stocks you own that they have in their records.

Did you go to their office or you sent the form by proxy?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:46am On Oct 10, 2013
Nigerian Stock Exchange:

1. Market maintains positive sentiment as ASI closes above 37,000bpts

2. Wema Bank: Investors maintain ‘buy and hold’ approach, gains +28% in 1wk

3. Global Stock Markets records increased volatility amid US shut down

4. Banks alone cannot fund the $8bn yearly power needs - FBN Capital Conference

Market Watch:

1. Fidelity sold off all short-term Treasurys coming due around the time the U.S. hits the debt ceiling

2. Naira falls as dollar liquidity thins out

3. Issuing houses, CBN to meet on market development

4. Fed Govt okays N1.46b for ports’ projects

Source; www.proshareng.com

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ess: 10:52am On Oct 10, 2013
feelamong:

Chai!! You are a wicked man! grin

so becos of say you wan buy N2,000 worth of stocks you give your broker assignment to do!

My bros man must survive wo. I have been burnt many times due to this. They are just after their commission and will not bother to seek best price for you.

Audacius:
If you don't watch your back in stocks, nobody does. That explains why some won't touch stocks with a long pole. It's too much work for them.

Yeah, you got it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by foandt: 2:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
uuspace:

Normally you are supposed to submit your e-dividend form to the rgistrar.The e-dividend form should be endorsed by your bank confirming your signature.

These other information Union Registrar are asking you for e.g CSCS statemnt is strange.Are you sure the stock in question has not been sold.,because they should have a record of all the stocks you own that they have in their records.

Did you go to their office or you sent the form by proxy?
Thanks, I submitted the form at AGM venue duly signed by my banker but yesterday I received a mail (Box) from Union Registrars returning my original e-dividend form plus their form requesting me to produce bankers confirmation and cscs statement.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
foandt:
Thanks, I submitted the form at AGM venue duly signed by my banker but yesterday I received a mail (Box) from Union Registrars returning my original e-dividend form plus their form requesting me to produce bankers confirmation and cscs statement.

Produce your CSCS statement, means of identification and banker's confirmation, if the stocks truly belong to you. The registrars are only trying to safeguard your investment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by uuspace(m): 6:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
foandt:

That explains it then.Assuming you went to their office yourself.You would have needed to give them a form of ID and the endorsed form by your bank.

Their office is at Apapa ,guess you know
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by foandt: 8:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
uuspace:

That explains it then.Assuming you went to their office yourself.You would have needed to give them a form of ID and the endorsed form by your bank.
Thanks, I appreciate ur contributions.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by foandt: 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
uuspace:

Yes, Thanks I appreciate ur contributions I will do that.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
jp130: plz if bonus share is creditted 2 ur scsc acct. Wud u b alerted by cscs alert?

I have never received any alert on bonus shares, so I am not sure if they will send you one. If you have CSCS online then you can always check to see if your bonus has been credited.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:34pm On Oct 10, 2013
feelamong:

so becos of say you wan buy N2,000 worth of stocks you give your broker assignment to do!

Lol... Some stockbrokers even need further mathematics equation because dem no dey hear word.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
foandt: Please sirs/mas kindly help me to solve this problem. My e dividend form was returned by Union registars that I should produce bankers confirmation of my signature, date the account was opened etc and my cscs statement. Meanwhile I had gone to my broker to send my signature specimen to all d registrars which had been done and I have a copy. I have been receiving e div from other registrars with this process except Union registrars. What do I do considering d cost and time. Thank u all

What was the reason they gave for the returned form? They cannot just return your form and ask for CSCS statement and the rest. The common reason is usually when there are irregularities in your signature. If this is the case, they will ask you to provide bankers confirmation on your signature which usually includes the date the account was opened. This should be at no cost. I am not sure why they are requesting for your CSCS statement. It may be that they do not have your name/account in their register. When you purchase a stock from the secondary market, your stockbroker will usually send the processed transfer form which will serve as the source document. Some brokers delay in sending this document and some may not even send. I had a similar case where the processed transfer form was never sent to my registrars and at such they could not processed my E-dividend mandate. So please check to know if any of the above applies to your case.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:34pm On Oct 10, 2013
Japaul Contends with High Operating, Financing Costs
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/japaul-contends-with-high-operating-financing-costs/161062

Jegede, Jegede, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from actualising investors dream? Na wa for one man business sha!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kalan: 12:08am On Oct 11, 2013
Mostly stock administrative officers or news-casters this days, strategist all gone or quiet... the market is really supreme!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 5:15am On Oct 11, 2013
All my bros and sister, i hail o.

What do you guys think about the GDP rebasing set for next month? What impact will this have on the market? What industry/industries do you guys think should benefit the most from the exercise?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 5:56am On Oct 11, 2013
Elai147:

What was the reason they gave for the returned form? They cannot just return your form and ask for CSCS statement and the rest. The common reason is usually when there are irregularities in your signature. If this is the case, they will ask you to provide bankers confirmation on your signature which usually includes the date the account was opened. This should be at no cost. I am not sure why they are requesting for your CSCS statement. It may be that they do not have your name/account in their register. When you purchase a stock from the secondary market, your stockbroker will usually send the processed transfer form which will serve as the source document. Some brokers delay in sending this document and some may not even send. I had a similar case where the processed transfer form was never sent to my registrars and at such they could not processed my E-dividend mandate. So please check to know if any of the above applies to your case.
I have also experienced the same thing with zenith registrars, but I was only told to provide a bankers confirmation. I called and asked them that what of if I come to their office myself, the lady that picked my call said I will still need it. The same thing with Africa prudential registrars
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by foandt: 9:01am On Oct 11, 2013
Elai147:

Whaoo! God bless you and your experience sir. You have opened my understanding cos the 1st e-dividend forms I processed around 2011 were not attended to by all registrars until when I went to then GT registrars last year that I was told to process my transfer form through my broker to cscs whereby by signature specimen will be confirmed to them. Again I ported from a broker to another around 2005 (using same CHN no) meanwhile my former broker was strict in signing transfer form while the latter was not (online) I later observed that my bonus issues were credited to the former account which I had closed, after much stress and letters to cscs I discovered that registrars have my signature specimen with the former and hence my account with them was credited. But while processing this e-dividend for the 2nd time, I took my time to visit my current broker to process my transfer forms through CSCS which the did and gave me a copy of the acknowledged copy @ CSCS, so with this I stated my 2nd trip of e-dividend and so far, I have been receiving direct credit into my savings account by most registrars except Union Registrars that sent a cover note to my e-div form requesting for "your signature specimen is not held in this office. Kindly get ....." and "your cscs statement is required". I will fulfill all their requirements next week. I hope pp will gain one thing or the other from what my oga has shared with us. Thank you all!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 9:41am On Oct 11, 2013
kalan: Mostly stock administrative officers or news-casters this days, strategist all gone or quiet... the market is really supreme!
The market is swinging erratically, and unpredictable. close observations is the watchword.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 11, 2013
feelamong:

feelamong:

dear sir,
please is it possible to buy shares worth 2000 naira? If not what is the minimum investment in shares(equities).
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2013
Nigerian Stock Exchange:

1. UBA Relaunches U-Gold Hybrid Savings Account

2. WAPIC Insurance remains investors toast, trades above 52wks low by 102%.....I got my eye on this one wink

3. Majority of FCMGs ADVERT expenses are not declared despite its Contribution to Market Share

4. ASUU strike: FG begins no work, no pay policy.. angry

5. New PHCN owners won’t make rules for electricity market -NERC

6. Stocks Close Negative as Market Sentiment Turns Bearish

7. MOBIL records -9.01% decline in top line; FSDH recommends HOLD

8. 7-Up spends N2.2bn on debt servicing

9. Standard Chartered, Skye Bank, others provide $100m facility for MainOne

10. Manufacturing exporters get N12bn NEXIM funding

Source: www.proshareng.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
kalan: Mostly stock administrative officers or news-casters this days, strategist all gone or quiet... the market is really supreme!

SWG 1:
The market is swinging erratically, and unpredictable. close observations is the watchword.

The current market situation is really serious. Close observation is really required so we are not caught unawares.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
foandt:
Whaoo! God bless you and your experience sir. You have opened my understanding cos the 1st e-dividend forms I processed around 2011 were not attended to by all registrars until when I went to then GT registrars last year that I was told to process my transfer form through my broker to cscs whereby by signature specimen will be confirmed to them. Again I ported from a broker to another around 2005 (using same CHN no) meanwhile my former broker was strict in signing transfer form while the latter was not (online) I later observed that my bonus issues were credited to the former account which I had closed, after much stress and letters to cscs I discovered that registrars have my signature specimen with the former and hence my account with them was credited. But while processing this e-dividend for the 2nd time, I took my time to visit my current broker to process my transfer forms through CSCS which the did and gave me a copy of the acknowledged copy @ CSCS, so with this I stated my 2nd trip of e-dividend and so far, I have been receiving direct credit into my savings account by most registrars except Union Registrars that sent a cover note to my e-div form requesting for "your signature specimen is not held in this office. Kindly get ....." and "your cscs statement is required". I will fulfill all their requirements next week. I hope pp will gain one thing or the other from what my oga has shared with us. Thank you all!

Thanks a lot for sharing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
Elai147:

The current market situation is really serious. Close observation is really required so we are not caught unawares.

Abeg Ella, what do u think? Why close observatn?
Meanwhile, I no see price list for nse website 2day.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
mercylicious:

Abeg Ella, what do u think? Why close observatn?
Meanwhile, I no see price list for nse website 2day.

@Mercylicious, why the long absence from SMN.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 4:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
ihedioramma: GO BACK TO YOUR BOX, if not there letter to them befor 6months past
i mailed uba registrar about the long awaited dividend warrant. But their reply was that it must clock 6months b4 they ll reissue another warrant. Did they purposely withold warrant with up to 5 figure amount? anyone in same shoe?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
veeco vee: i mailed uba registrar about the long awaited dividend warrant. But their reply was that it must clock 6months b4 they ll reissue another warrant. Did they purposely withold warrant with up to 5 figure amount? anyone in same shoe?

I will advice you to sign up for e-dividend, or better still if you are based in Lagos you can ask for your dividend warrants to be extracted.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 4:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
manie:

I will advice you to sign up for e-dividend, or better still if you are based in Lagos you can ask for your dividend warrants to be extracted.

Before the advent of e-dividend most of my dividend warrants were extracted.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
what's your experience about the goodies in morgan capital brokeRage service

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (7780) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MysTeerioz(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.