Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,705 members, 7,831,211 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10953230 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (7778) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
hope the future would be great with nse
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
veeco vee: i mailed uba registrar about the long awaited dividend warrant. But their reply was that it must clock 6months b4 they ll reissue another warrant. Did they purposely withold warrant with up to 5 figure amount? anyone in same shoe?

I was told the same story, but I don't believe they posted it because a lot of people have the same issue. It was only UBA that missed from dividend rolls. I am convinced they are trading with the money, otherwise they can cancel it and reissue instead of asking to wait for another six months. This can only happen in our obodo country.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
frond:

I was told the same story, but I don't believe they posted it because a lot of people have the same issue. It was only UBA that missed from dividend rolls. I am convinced they are trading with the money, otherwise they can cancel it and reissue instead of asking to wait for another six months. This can only happen in our obodo country.
i suspect that they are trading with the money
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
frond:

I experienced the same issue with my sterling bank dividend..when i called the registrar helpdesk i was told to wait for 6months..na banks dey do this kind thing to withold money for trades
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
veeco vee: i suspect that they are trading with the money

I strongly believe too and i thank God say na nxt month the 6months for sterling bank go complete.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 11:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
frond:

I am suspecting them too. mine was sent but the ac no. was turn off b4 send n when I took it 2 d bank the rejected it telling me 2 write d registrars knowing fully well dat no reg issues a replacement dividend warrant until 6 months expiration period ..... I think dey know what dey r doing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by janykute: 11:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
ucheson2: I am suspecting them too. mine was sent but the ac no. was turn off b4 send n when I took it 2 d bank the rejected it telling me 2 write d registrars knowing fully well dat no reg issues a replacement dividend warrant until 6 months expiration period ..... I think dey know what dey r doing.
frond:

Born 2be Rich:

I experienced the same issue with my sterling bank dividend..when i called the registrar helpdesk i was told to wait for 6months..na banks dey do this kind thing to withold money for trades
You guys should try and activate the E-dividend mandate and save yourselves this stories.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
please help please help please help please help please help
Akinmail:

dear sir,
please is it possible to buy shares worth 2000 naira? If not what is the minimum investment in shares(equities).
Thanks

please help please help please
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:47am On Oct 12, 2013
mercylicious:

Abeg Ella, what do u think? Why close observatn?
Meanwhile, I no see price list for nse website 2day.

Technical and fundamental analysis have been defied lately by the market. It’s generally a good idea to be very cautious. Meanwhile, I don email you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:52am On Oct 12, 2013
veeco vee: i mailed uba registrar about the long awaited dividend warrant. But their reply was that it must clock 6months b4 they ll reissue another warrant. Did they purposely withold warrant with up to 5 figure amount? anyone in same shoe?

There are some registrars that usually withhold dividend warrant that are up to N50k and above (e.g Zenith registrars). You must go to their office to collect your warrant except if you have an active E-dividend mandate but I am not sure of UBA reg.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 10:04am On Oct 12, 2013
janykute:
You guys should try and activate the E-dividend mandate and save yourselves this stories.

There are registrars that purposely refuse to register some of us for E-dividend payment. Till date, I still receive dividend warrants by post from some companies while others pay directly to my bank account. There is nothing I have not done to ensure I am registered for E-dividend with some registrars but it just won't work and eventually I got tired of repeating the E-dividend registration process. Sometimes, these registrars know what they are doing. Evidence to support my claim is in the recent complain by SEC mandating investors to register for E-dividend because they are worried about the increasing figures of unclaimed dividends.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 10:12am On Oct 12, 2013
Akinmail: please help please help please help please help please help

It is possible if you already have a stockbroking account. If you don't, you will need to register with a stockbroking firm but you will need to do that with some good amount of money. There may be some firms that require at least N50,000 for you to open an account with them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
Elai147:

There are registrars that purposely refuse to register some of us for E-dividend payment. Till date, I still receive dividend warrants by post from some companies while others pay directly to my bank account. There is nothing I have not done to ensure I am registered for E-dividend with some registrars but it just won't work and eventually I got tired of repeating the E-dividend registration process. Sometimes, these registrars know what they are doing. Evidence to support my claim is in the recent complain by SEC mandating investors to register for E-dividend because they are worried about the increasing figures of unclaimed dividends.

Can you mention the names of some of these registrars.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Audacius: 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
Akinmail: please help please help please help please help please help

As you have been told, you can with such small amount. If you get a stockbroker that accepts you as a client with such small amount, I advice you steadily build up your portfolio with consistent investments till it is worth about 50k and then you can either port to a well-established firm or continue with your broker if you are satisfied. Sorry to say that the bigger requirement sum is at times a testimony to quality of service and your own delight as an investor. There is a different experience when you trade 300 units of a particular stock and when you are able to trade 20,000 units of same stock. Number and volume matter here. What your broker is allowed to charge as commission on N2000 trade is so negligible that he might be discouraged to take you on or even charge you a flat rate that will be higher than it should be. DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED though. If you have financial discipline, then save up more and while at it, I repeat a classic advice on this thread, READ POSTS FROM THE BEGINNING. Nothing is new here again. It is one of the investments you make to become good investor. Every question has been asked and answered in a different form in the past here. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
manie:

Can you mention the names of some of these registrars.

Wema Registrars: after a very long period they finally replied my email but said my processed transfer form was never submitted to them by my broker and thus, they could not do anything. Africa prudential registrars and City Securities (Registrars) Limited have never replied my emails on E-dividend issues. Another one I can remember is the defunct Oceanic registrars.

As for First registrars, they frustrated me with their request for bankers confirmation. After all said and done we were still heading nowhere until God used a woman to help me. She listened to my story and immediately asked for my preferred bank for the E-dividend payment. After 2 days they credited with over N100,000 (in total) of unclaimed dividends. Meanwhile, I have been receiving some dividend warrants from them but didn't know I had unclaimed ones. First registrars could not explain why they sent some dividend warrants and held back some apart from their usual stories of wrong address (the same address where they have been sending me dividend warrants). Zenith registrars explained that they do not send dividend warrants that is more than a certain amount (about N50k or so) by post. But they never informed me of this until I asked and found out I had unclaimed dividends with them as well.

Before the stock market crash, I have sent E-dividend forms by registered post to all my registrars and not even one could register me for E-dividend payment. I did everything they requested including taking the forms to my bank for endorsement. In 2010, I repeated the process but this time I also sent emails (with e-dividend forms attached) notifying them that I had sent the hard copies of the forms to their offices by registered post. Still, nothing happened and I kept receiving dividend warrant by post. This year, I repeated the process for the third time after SEC warned registrars concerning the level of unclaimed dividends and mandated investors to embrace E-dividend payment. This time it worked and I was able to register with most registrars. There is a possibility that if not for SEC's intervention, some of us will still be having difficulty in registering.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by foandt: 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
Elai147:

Wema Registrars: after a very long period they finally replied my email but said my processed transfer form was never submitted to them by my broker and thus, they could not do anything. Africa prudential registrars and City Securities (Registrars) Limited have never replied my emails on E-dividend issues. Another one I can remember is the defunct Oceanic registrars.

As for First registrars, they frustrated me with their request for bankers confirmation. After all said and done we were still heading nowhere until God used a woman to help me. She listened to my story and immediately asked for my preferred bank for the E-dividend payment. After 2 days they credited with over N100,000 (in total) of unclaimed dividends. Meanwhile, I have been receiving some dividend warrants from them but didn't know I had unclaimed ones. First registrars could not explain why they sent some dividend warrants and held back some apart from their usual stories of wrong address (the same address where they have been sending me dividend warrants). Zenith registrars explained that they do not send dividend warrants that is more than a certain amount (about N50k or so) by post. But they never informed me of this until I asked and found out I had unclaimed dividends with them as well.

Before the stock market crash, I have sent E-dividend forms by registered post to all my registrars and not even one could register me for E-dividend payment. I did everything they requested including taking the forms to my bank for endorsement. In 2010, I repeated the process but this time I also sent emails (with e-dividend forms attached) notifying them that I had sent the hard copies of the forms to their offices by registered post. Still, nothing happened and I kept receiving dividend warrant by post. This year, I repeated the process for the third time after SEC warned registrars concerning the level of unclaimed dividends and mandated investors to embrace E-dividend payment. This time it worked and I was able to register with most registrars. There is a possibility that if not for SEC's intervention, some of us will still be having difficulty in registering.
I agree with you sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 11:45am On Oct 13, 2013
caution should be made in buying stocks now as the bear is trying to create a pull back.one may get into a wrong support point now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hotcake: 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
Gurus in the house. Please, is it possible to get Afriprud Rights application form online? First Registrars have such a facility, if I can remember correctly. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
Elai147:

I got the e-dividend form signed by my banker and took it to prudential registrars for them to process. They rejected it and told me to inform my broker to send my signature b4 they will accept it. I went to my broker and inform them about it. They promise to send it up till this day which is the third month they havn't send it. I have been to their office more than five times all they have been telling me are stories from children story book. I dont even know who is the cause of the problem.
janykute:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
Thesame for gtb registrars
Elai147:

There are some registrars that usually withhold dividend warrant that are up to N50k and above (e.g Zenith registrars). You must go to their office to collect your warrant except if you have an active E-dividend mandate but I am not sure of UBA reg.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by foandt: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
Redoil: I got the e-dividend form signed by my banker and took it to prudential registrars for them to process. They rejected it and told me to inform my broker to send my signature b4 they will accept it. I went to my broker and inform them about it. They promise to send it up till this day which is the third month they havn't send it. I have been to their office more than five times all they have been telling me are stories from children story book. I dont even know who is the cause of the problem.
There is a form called transfer form that u suppose to sign when buying a share on the floor, this form will contain ur signature specimen which ur broker will forward to cscs and cscs will send ur signature specimen to their respective registrars and the registrars will use this to confirm ur signature in ur subsequent transactions with them. 1. Have u signed any transfer forms with ur broker? If yes, ur broker will just do a cover note of allotment of stocks with ur attached transfer forms to cscs. You can get a copy of d letter acknowledged by cscs frm ur broker for u to be sure it is done. I had similar case some yrs ago.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 6:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ecobank, Fidelitybank, others sign $7.5bn deal with Total
source; vanguard newspaper
what will be the impact of this news on Total in the coming weeks?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
Elai147:

I have thanked you the nairaland way..some people dont know that some registrars delibrately frustrate your efforts to register the e-dividend madate forms.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 9:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
I herald my entrance into this noble forum with two quotes: "There's no such thing as a self-made man. I've had much help and have found that if you are willing to work, many people are willing to help you." - O. Wayne Rollins.
2. "Since the 1930s, the stock of most major companies have continued to give an annual yield of at least 10%." - Annonymous.
Having being an intense follower of SMN, I must thank you all for being a part of my financial sagacity. From ihedioramma, to stockbull, to feelamong, to B2BRich, to mercilicious, to Elai 147, to Audacius, to phemmie, to jamace, to foandt, to frond...you folks have been awesome.
Keep up the selfless purpose. I hope to be a faithful as well.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 10:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
foandt:
There is a form called transfer form that u suppose to sign when buying a share on the floor, this form will contain ur signature specimen which ur broker will forward to cscs and cscs will send ur signature specimen to their respective registrars and the registrars will use this to confirm ur signature in ur subsequent transactions with them. 1. Have u signed any transfer forms with ur broker? If yes, ur broker will just do a cover note of allotment of stocks with ur attached transfer forms to cscs. You can get a copy of d letter acknowledged by cscs frm ur broker for u to be sure it is done. I had similar case some yrs ago.
my brother i have done that i filled and signed alot of forms including the (KYC) know ur coustomer form. Durring the period i was given more than five forms to fill including my nepa bill and some other things. But they still tell me thesame story.
The amount of money i have spent in trying to process the for from my broker and the registrar could have fetched me at least 100unit of gtb, 2400unit of transcop, 125 unit of zenith, 25 unit of sky shelter fund.
I GIVE UP.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
Omexonomy: my brother i have done that i filled and signed alot of forms including the (KYC) know ur coustomer form. Durring the period i was given more than five forms to fill including my nepa bill and some other things. But they still tell me thesame story.
The amount of money i have spent in trying to process the for from my broker and the registrar could have fetched me at least 100unit of gtb, 2400unit of transcop, 125 unit of zenith, 25 unit of sky shelter fund.
I GIVE UP.

I can imagine what you have gone through. Maybe you should consider changing your stockbroker. Some of them are only interested in services that will fetch them money(buy and sell).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by princemolak(m): 5:18am On Oct 14, 2013
Guys,elai,stockbul,brich and oda gurus,which stock below 1 naira can generate about 30 percent in the short term,when i say short term i mean 2 months,wana add some investment to my portfolio
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 6:18am On Oct 14, 2013
plz guys. Am buying in2 cutix plc for a lng term after dia dividend paymnt date. Do u tinx its a gud idea? Also unitybnk, wema bnk, fidelity, skye, uba n acess bnk. Wic 1 do u tinx is consistent in dividend payout n gud for long term? All plz contribute, plz
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Shine1177: 10:07am On Oct 14, 2013
Good morning!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 14, 2013
Going into the new trading week, we expect a lull in market optimism as the Thursday deadline for the resolution of the impasse between the Republicans and the Democrats of the U.S Congress to raise America’s debt ceiling and prevent a total shutdown of the U.S Government draws near.  We expect this stalemate to stifle market optimism as investors thread cautiously in anticipation of the week’s proceedings. We keep our fingers crossed as yet another historic event unravels in the Global financial market...morgan capital analysts.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
jp130: plz guys. Am buying in2 cutix plc for a lng term after dia dividend paymnt date. Do u tinx its a gud idea? Also unitybnk, wema bnk, fidelity, skye, uba n acess bnk. Wic 1 do u tinx is consistent in dividend payout n gud for long term? All plz contribute, plz

D mkt get as e be now, and analyst recommend stock with strong fundermentals at good entry price. Top stock pick by morgan securities this week are Nascon, dang sugar, dang cement, uba .
If I am to go for the banks in ur pick, ill remove wema and unity.
As for cutix, I don't trade stocks that I cannot sell wen I want. Liquidity is very key for me now. If u want to know how liquid a stock is, check the volume traded daily and weekly.

Plz let us be cautious this week- till friday. I fear a bearish trend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
jp130: plz guys. Am buying in2 cutix plc for a lng term after dia dividend paymnt date. Do u tinx its a gud idea? Also unitybnk, wema bnk, fidelity, skye, uba n acess bnk. Wic 1 do u tinx is consistent in dividend payout n gud for long term? All plz contribute, plz

I would pick Access bank for consistent dividends and bonuses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (7778) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ololufemi, NettyNelly(m), ojesymsym and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.