Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,657 members, 7,865,650 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:33 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11088923 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) ... (7820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
Intendy:
why NSE behaving like this aiico,m$b with contisure were with them on Friday. and just uploading aiico now
continsure released today,when again is may and baker?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 8:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
rebekah2011:

UACN and Flour Mills are currently challenged especially in the area of Finance costs. Livestock and UPDC will soon be in the market for rights. Consumers appetite is also waning. At current prices for long term both are good.

UCAP - the situation of the Country is favouring not only this company but most companies in the financial sector but caution must be taken as to know how prudent their management is in managing their risks. A repeat of the 35k given this year will be fantastic but past performance is not guaranteed for the future.

WAPCO- It is good at this price for long term.

Holding stocks for short, medium and long term is a function of how you have set up your investment objectives. Define yours and stick with it.

I don't know when longterm investors will show up on the NSE. For now it is ultra short term. People are ready to take as small as 5% gain, thanks to the facility of online trading.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 07, 2016
willyede:

I always enjoy your write up..always very informative abeg where is mega , mercy and intendy abeg make on a handle this matter abeg

My dear, I have not observed the price Movt of most of the mentioned stocks.
I'll buy ucap cos of their history of div payment. Their business is also diversified somehow.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 8:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
sir dnt b sentimental o, oando taught us nt to b like dat wit any stock. anyting can hapn. 1lov

lancee:

Gat u bro ..FBNH go survive
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EduC(m): 8:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
holm:

Download all the Corporate Actions here.http://www.nse.com.ng/Issuers-section/corporate-disclosures/corporate-actions

Julius Berger 150k, Closure~31st May, Payment 17 June

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EduC(m): 8:44pm On Apr 07, 2016
rebekah2011:

Final dividend of N1.50k

Payment date: June 17, 2016
Qualification date: May 30, 2016

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
ukay2:
Please are

wapco cement
Uacn
Flourmill
Ucap

Good buy now for medium term plan

Cc
Godisfaithful
Feelamong
Angeloe
Manie
Intendy
Rebecca
Peterichie
Zendi
EDU
Ihelp
Lancee
Chibuilking
Stockbull
Etc

Thanks my ogas
I will only choose Ucap. Outside the box, you can consider Dangote sugar, Okomo oil, Julius Berger, CCNN, Eterna, and partially Oando/FBNH between #2 /#3 for medium/longterm investment. You can also take a look at afriprudent, Transcorp below #1, UBA, Access Bank, Zenith, GTB bank, Diamond Bank, Cutix and Nestle for longterm..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
jp130:
sir dnt b sentimental o, oando taught us nt to b like dat wit any stock. anyting can hapn. 1lov

I agree with u , am not just buying fbnh now , had it since last yr , with the situation things i have decided to add it to my long term portf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MrTeCO(m): 6:37am On Apr 08, 2016
Good mrn Admin n all the active members here. I bumped into this Thread. Accidentally this morning. Been reading comments and all sounds encouraging to anyone that wants to go into investing in stocks. Am a complete Novice in this n am willing to learn(am a fast learner) if anyone of you can teach me what I need to know about NSE n how to start investing. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:00am On Apr 08, 2016
ukay2:
Please are

wapco cement
Uacn
Flourmill
Ucap

Cc
Godisfaithful
Feelamong
Angeloe
Manie
Intendy
Rebecca
Peterichie
Zendi
EDU
Ihelp
Lancee
Chibuilking
Stockbull
Etc

Thanks my ogas

None of the above, you better keep your cash for better things, Month of MAY is around the corner which will usher in the summer holiday.

*ThE OcToPuS*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 7:17am On Apr 08, 2016
Mfunkynation:
how much be dividends

15KOBO DIVIDEND...

These guys will always deliver!! Kudos

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 7:31am On Apr 08, 2016
God bless u 4 dis link. Dis forum tight no b smal
holm:

Download all the Corporate Actions here.http://www.nse.com.ng/Issuers-section/corporate-disclosures/corporate-actions

Julius Berger 150k, Closure~31st May, Payment 17 June

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:36am On Apr 08, 2016
Godisfaithful:

There's money to be made in some stocks but adequate caution is highly advisable when trading FBNH. Best of luck!

Mr.Optimist it's like you've left the Buy-Buy group.
So it's now you are seeing what i perceived about the elephant moons ago

Well it's all good you are highly welcome to the Cautious Club smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 7:42am On Apr 08, 2016
ukay2:
Please are

wapco cement
Uacn
Flourmill
Ucap

Cc
Godisfaithful
Feelamong
Angeloe
Manie
Intendy
Rebecca
Peterichie
Zendi
EDU
Ihelp
Lancee
Chibuilking
Stockbull
Etc

Thanks my ogas

Only UCAP.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 8:08am On Apr 08, 2016
Mfunkynation:
how much be dividends
NPMFB declared a 15kobo dividend.
Enjoy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:08am On Apr 08, 2016
PETERiCHY:

None of the above, you better keep your cash for better things, Month of MAY is around the corner which will usher in the summer holiday.

*ThE OcToPuS*

What will you advise one to doas regards stock trading in the month of summer holidays...may ...upwards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 08, 2016
Good morning my beloved brothers and sisters in nairaland.i will like us to discuss a very important issue here.Since the introduction of the realtime online trading platforms by brokers which allows everyone to trade........Do you think it is a positive move that can benefit long term investors since the buy/sell commissions falls within 4% and anyone who sees 10% profit in his share pulls his trigger to sell and have about 6% profit for himself?

To me i observe that it will be difficult for people to make money except the smart traders who gets info from the insiders.it is like stock biz is no more a biz for everyone except those who wants dividend every year.

pls contributions are needed here.........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:09am On Apr 08, 2016
Thanks all my ogas for your advise....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IHelp: 8:38am On Apr 08, 2016
locodemy:
Good morning my beloved brothers and sisters in nairaland.i will like us to discuss a very important issue here.Since the introduction of the realtime online trading platforms by brokers which allows everyone to trade........Do you think it is a positive move that can benefit long term investors since the buy/sell commissions falls within 4% and anyone who sees 10% profit in his share pulls his trigger to sell and have about 6% profit for himself?

To me i observe that it will be difficult for people to make money except the smart traders who gets info from the insiders.it is like stock biz is no more a biz for everyone except those who wants dividend every year.

I dont think it will make negative impact to the market. If one buys a good stock and sell immediately it appreciates with little %, he will still want to buy another stock. Remember the person that bought the stock will also want to make profit and will likely sell only if the price appreciates.
With the introduction of real time online trading, the market will witness more volume traded daily. This means more money for the commission takers (brokers, sec, cscs...).
The investor(buyer & seller) now has a clearer view of what happens in the market and can take better decisions.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UD4040: 8:59am On Apr 08, 2016
Pls house can someone help me with united securies phone lines- d landline they hv on their website, no one is picking- tnks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 9:19am On Apr 08, 2016
locodemy:

You need a new broker...

Buy/sell commissions on Morgan ~ 2%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 9:23am On Apr 08, 2016
Current price of Brent Crude Oil.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 9:33am On Apr 08, 2016
Charlie Robertson‏@RencapMan ·

#Nigeria may be excluded from MSCI #Frontier equity index by 29 April, due to capital controls. Could eject $0.5bn of foreign investment

best bet is to wait till they all exit by April 29th... wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 9:37am On Apr 08, 2016
feelamong:

Charlie Robertson‏@RencapMan ·

#Nigeria may be excluded from MSCI #Frontier equity index by 29 April, due to capital controls. Could eject $0.5bn of foreign investment

best bet is to wait till they all exit by April 29th... wink

Thank you for this...

Maybe I shall JO all positions (excluding AFRIPRUD) and resume May
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kentoto: 9:38am On Apr 08, 2016
Good morning Guys,

Please I'm the process on buying a new tablet (under budget ), which of the brand's work perfectly with the Morgan capitals itrade platform.

My infinix phone is not just loading the pages.before man go waste money.

K
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 9:43am On Apr 08, 2016
ukay2:

What will you advise one to doas regards stock trading in the month of summer holidays...may ...upwards

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/equity.asp

What does 'Sell In May And Go Away' mean
Sell in May and go away is a well-known trading adage that warns investors to sell their stock holdings in May to avoid a seasonal decline in equity markets. The "sell in May and go away" strategy is that an investor who sells his or her stock holdings in May and gets back into the equity market in November - thereby avoiding the typically volatile May-October period - would be much better off than an investor who stays in equities throughout the year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:45am On Apr 08, 2016
House, lets know your 5 best stocks on nse
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 9:47am On Apr 08, 2016
PETERiCHY:

Sell in May and go away is a well-known trading adage that warns investors to sell their stock holdings in May to avoid a seasonal decline in equity markets. The "sell in May and go away" strategy is that an investor who sells his or her stock holdings in May and gets back into the equity market in November - thereby avoiding the typically volatile May-October period - would be much better off than an investor who stays in equities throughout the year.
PETERiCHY this is the first time you have make sense into my head.. congrat! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 9:48am On Apr 08, 2016
kentoto:

Good morning Guys,

Please I'm the process on buying a new tablet (under budget ), which of the brand's work perfectly with the Morgan capitals itrade platform.

My infinix phone is not just loading the pages.before man go waste money.

K
Any Tablet(a Tablet is an equivalence of a Laptop computer) will work! A particular version of Opera Beta(check my posts for the version) is very compatible with Morgan iTrade.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 10:03am On Apr 08, 2016
HW TODAY GO B gods pple, remaini results shud b droppd o especially dat big head elephant.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 10:03am On Apr 08, 2016
PETERiCHY:

when is May in your calendar?

cos I know dat since June last year you have shouting that we should exit equities...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) ... (7820) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lasisi(m), Odunharry(m), pushup, freeman67, Mpeace(m), tijany130(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.