Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10967314 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (7780) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 1:09am On Dec 25, 2013
ucheson2: Oando will end the year at N20s, pass N30 by January, then soar towards N100 and MAY touch N150 before the end of 2014.

Marry Xmass.
Amen oo i hope to sell oando at #200+ . same two you . merry xmas to every body .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 7:01am On Dec 25, 2013
I see oando get to 100 naira too. Please let's keep thanking God for his mercies.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 7:58am On Dec 25, 2013
ihedioramma: example pls at what price do you want to sell your transcorp ? or can it get up to #10?
once I hit 25% profit margin I.e N4.88, I'll exit. There is a time to BUY and appropriate time to SELL. On Oando shares, be wise and know when to exit. You can read this link http://www.proshareng.com/news/21829/Oando-breaks-36week-resistance-level-eyes-N2018kobo-
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2013
ucheson2: Oando will end the year at N20s, pass N30 by January, then soar towards N100 and MAY touch N150 before the end of 2014.

Merry Xmas.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
Wishing all Christian friends brothers n sistas a merry peacefull Xmas
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afo1k: 4:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Xmas.......

AMCON TO PUMP N20BN INTO UNITY BANK
Category: Business Published on Wednesday, 25 December 2013 05:01 Written by Kayode Ekundayo, Lagos Hits: 560

Unity Bank headquarters
...Shareholders approve additional N40bn capital injection
Unity Bank is currently holding final discussion with Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) for a N20 billion investment into the bank.
Already the bank is sourcing for additional N40 billion through Special Placement and Right Issues to shore up its capital base which stands at N25 billion.
AMCON was among over 10 investors that had shown their willingness to invest in the bank. The corporation together with another Nigerian company have reached final stage of the deal and the management of the bank is likely to approve the AMCON as the core investor in the bank.
Daily Trust gathered last night that one of the conditions put forward by AMCON was the holding of extra-ordinary general meeting where the board and management would seek the consent of its shareholders before going ahead with the deal. An official at AMCON also confirmed the deal to Daily Trust last night.
The meeting was, however, held in Lagos on Monday where the shareholders endorsed the moves by the board to raise the capital base of the bank either through special placement, right issue, equity or by way of offer for subscription of shares to the general public or by combination of any of the methods at the discretion of the directors at an appropriate price.
Although none of the management or board members made mention of the name of the core investor, Daily Trust reliably gathered that AMCON is pumping into the bank fresh N20 billion through special placement while the balance would go to the shareholders through right issue.
AMCON, it would be recalled, had bailed out Wema Bank with N15.5 billion in 2011.
According to the bank Acting Managing Director, Rislanudeen Muhammad, during the meeting, the bank expects to raise N17 billion from the shareholders while the balance would be released thought Tier-2 capital.
He said the exercise will be concluded by March 2014.
He said the capital when realised would be used on infrastructure, IT and branch expansion.
The shareholders at the extra ordinary general meeting agreed that the 38,446,689,710 issued and fully paid ordinary shares of 50 kobo each in the capital of the bank be reconstructed into 9,611,672,427 ordinary shares of 50 kobo each by converting the 38,446,689,710 issued and fully paid ordinary shares of 50 kobo into stock of N9,611,672,427 and reconverting the stock into 9,611,672,427 ordinary shares of 50 kobo each.
They also agreed that the reconstructed shares be allotted to them in the ratio of one reconstructed ordinary share of 50 kobo each for every four ordinary shares of 50 kobo each previously held by them.
Meanwhile shareholders of Unity Bank Plc have formally launched the bank in a fresh bid to raise about N40 billion additional capital through Rights Issue and Special/Private placement of its shares as part of the bank’s business expansion strategy in the retail segment of the financial market.
This was among the Special Resolutions passed at an Extra-Ordinary General Meeting of the Bank which held at the Grand African Ballroom of the Intercontinental Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos on December 23, 2013.
The shareholders also gave approval to the directors of the bank to increase the bank’s share capital from N30bn to N60bn by the addition of 60 billion ordinary shares of 50 kobo each. They also approved the reconstruction of the existing shares of the bank and the allotment of the reconstructed shares to shareholders in the ratio of one reconstructed ordinary share of 50 kobo each for every four ordinary shares of 50 kobo each previously held.

Source: http://dailytrust.info/index.php/business/12989-amcon-to-pump-n20bn-into-unity-bank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afo1k: 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
Pls how will the market react to dis unitybank news...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yang(m): 5:22pm On Dec 25, 2013
I predict a reverse on this COP deal. Bad politics is bad for business. With tinubu and obj leading the Oando shareholding. The PIB and Petroleum Regulators go block this deal.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2013
yang: I predict a reverse on this COP deal. Bad politics is bad for business. With tinubu and obj leading the Oando shareholding. The PIB and Petroleum Regulators go block this deal.
I see u r yet 2 join d bus, sorry it is too late cos no amount of bad news/rumour constructed against oando can weaken d coy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 7:45pm On Dec 25, 2013
yang: I predict a reverse on this COP deal. Bad politics is bad for business. With tinubu and obj leading the Oando shareholding. The PIB and Petroleum Regulators go block this deal.

Una don come again...abeg no be by force to invest in oando na...make all anti-COP investors carry their load to nem or ubcap na.. angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 7:46pm On Dec 25, 2013
ucheson2: I see u r yet 2 join d bus, sorry it is too late cos no amount of bad news/rumour constructed against oando can weaken d coy.

Thank you jare... wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 7:49pm On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas to everyone on this forum...May this season bring more blessings to our investments... Enjoy smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
i want enter Costain and ABC transport bus o my people. Make i enter?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 8:38pm On Dec 25, 2013
i want enter Costain and ABC transport bus o my people. I think one should enter now. Make i enter?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 9:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
Toluway: i want enter Costain and ABC transport bus o my people. Make i enter?
I deh ABC since dey wait but just got a tiny units of costain b4 its retracement below N1. I dont even know wat pushed it back-up to N1 again considering no good fundamentals
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LceeJons: 12:13am On Dec 26, 2013
Hi All, u guys are doing a great job, just bumped into this thread and have been impressed at the hour to hour updates.

Quick one:
(1)Is Oando stock good for both short and long term basis, i.e. ever increasing just like nestle. Am asking cos am not a trader but may need to sell if need arises.
(2)What other stocks will be ever increasing? A broker advised i should consider Unilever, CAp, NASCON, UACN and UAC Properties.

Please advise, am just a learner ooooo, JJC....

Thank you and merry christmas...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 5:20am On Dec 26, 2013
Bro, oando is always a good stock, Consider UBA too. The problem sometimes is that, people are so scared to be rich. When you invest wisely with adequate information, you will enjoy the market. Japaul should also be considered, but for long term. That stock will shock people anytime soon
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 5:26am On Dec 26, 2013
Yang or whatever you call yourself,if you don't know what to say here, you better keep quiet and don't confuse people. I hate negative people like you. Oando no be by force, some people have sworn to remain where they are because of negative thoughts, Haba. Please what you know you can do, you better keep it to yourself.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 7:17am On Dec 26, 2013
Investment in stock has its' risk factors just like any other business but as an investor, you should know ur risk apetite cos u are the MD of your portfolio but of most importance is the TIME to BUY and appropriate TIME to EXIT
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kavey10(m): 7:36am On Dec 26, 2013
Aks: Investment in stock has its' risk factors just like any other business but as an investor, you should know ur risk apetite cos u are the MD of your portfolio but of most importance is the TIME to BUY and appropriate TIME to EXIT

How may one know the right time to buy and the right time to exit for DIFFERENT stocks. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yang(m): 8:11am On Dec 26, 2013
Dumexoga: Yang or whatever you call yourself,if you don't know what to say here, you better keep quiet and don't confuse people. I hate negative people like you. Oando no be by force, some people have sworn to remain where they are because of negative thoughts, Haba. Please what you know you can do, you better keep it to yourself.
No one has a monopoly of madness. . . Just dey ur Lane. Focus on the message not the messenger

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 8:16am On Dec 26, 2013
To buy, U must do due diligence on stocks performance history, know the company, do research, seek expert opinions (BGL, PROSHARE, Renaissance etc analysis on stocks), to EXIT, have an exit plan @ d point of purchase I.e min profit margin % to make but this might change by cautiously checking the trade pattern vis daily stock trade schedule by focusing on d demand and supply levels (is stock on bid). Overall, majority of stocks buy nowadays are sentimental in nature and a sort of guidance is joining a forum like this platform on nairaland and as I and others have said b4, most suggestions by stock trading house are mostly on d wrong side, make ur decisions and stand by it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 8:27am On Dec 26, 2013
Dumexoga: Yang or whatever you call yourself,if you don't know what to say here, you better keep quiet and don't confuse people. I hate negative people like you. Oando no be by force, some people have sworn to remain where they are because of negative thoughts, Haba. Please what you know you can do, you better keep it to yourself.

Dumexoga, I don't think this post of yours is appropriate. Everybody's opinion about a stock must not be the same. And on this thread, I have discovered a mature disposition to accommodate opposing views. We should all try to exhibit such maturity.

Have you thought of the fact that without people willing to sell, Oando's share price will not rise?

If you have done your due dilligence and think Oando is it, then go ahead. But if you conclude that it may not be it afterall, then quit or look elsewhere. But in the spirit of this thread, you can be benevolent enough to share your research/conclusions with us. I think I can speak for most of us and say, "we value and appreciate them."

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kavey10(m): 8:30am On Dec 26, 2013
Aks: To buy, U must do due diligence on stocks performance history, know the company, do research, seek expert opinions (BGL, PROSHARE, Renaissance etc analysis on stocks), to EXIT, have an exit plan @ d point of purchase I.e min profit margin % to make but this might change by cautiously checking the trade pattern vis daily stock trade schedule by focusing on d demand and supply levels (is stock on bid). Overall, majority of stocks buy nowadays are sentimental in nature and a sort of guidance is joining a forum like this platform on nairaland and as I and others have said b4, most suggestions by stock trading house are mostly on d wrong side, make ur decisions and stand by it

Thank you. I have to know more about these terminologies.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wealthdose: 9:07am On Dec 26, 2013
good morning everyone....I think insurance will sooner rather than later take a real boost cos have been watching aiico for a while now and I feel the sector could potentially be a goldmine. pls let me know what you think.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by walcolm(m): 10:43am On Dec 26, 2013
jarkbauer: what's the difference between share cancellation and reconstruction

Share reconstruction means the company reduces the number of paid up shares in circulation based on a ratio and the price of the shares are adjusted accordingly. For example, if the company has 10 paid up shares at 1naira, the can reconstruct and reduce it to 5 units and the price will become 2 naira...at the end of the day, the capitalization remains the same

Share cancellation however means the company is reducing the number of paid up shares available by a number. Most times, the company will have to return some money to the shareholders to cover the portion being cancelled. In this case, the price of the shares is not adjusted by the exchange

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:45am On Dec 26, 2013
chillykelly86:

Dumexoga, I don't think this post of yours is appropriate. Everybody's opinion about a stock must not be the same. And on this thread, I have discovered a mature disposition to accommodate opposing views. We should all try to exhibit such maturity.

Have you thought of the fact that without people willing to sell, Oando's share price will not rise?

If you have done your due dilligence and think Oando is it, then go ahead. But if you conclude that it may not be it afterall, then quit or look elsewhere. But in the spirit of this thread, you can be benevolent enough to share your research/conclusions with us. I think I can speak for most of us and say, "we value and appreciate them."

What if the Oando-ConocoPhilips' deal NEVER goes through? Will you still want the stock? My personal answer is YES...It will be nice to see the deal not go through. Then everybody who went in cos of the deal will rush for the exit, while I load up on the stock! This pattern keeps repeating itself every time in the business of investing...For crying out loud, OANDO was trading above N50 in 2011... OANDO's not a short-term play!

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 2:48pm On Dec 26, 2013
Guys, has anybody seen the documentary 'Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room'. Pla look out for It and learn 1 or 2 things about corporate world, stock market deals, dos and donts in decision makings and a lot more
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by db15: 9:43pm On Dec 26, 2013
hi every1, nice thread so far. pls I was just wondering if any1 knows anytin abt using kakawa asset management as stockbroker. wat are dir services like e.t.c
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LceeJons: 12:01am On Dec 27, 2013
Thanks All but what's your opinion on NASCON and ASHAKA CEMENT

Lcee Jons: Hi All, u guys are doing a great job, just bumped into this thread and have been impressed at the hour to hour updates.

Quick one:
(1)Is Oando stock good for both short and long term basis, i.e. ever increasing just like nestle. Am asking cos am not a trader but may need to sell if need arises.
(2)What other stocks will be ever increasing? A broker advised i should consider Unilever, CAp, NASCON, UACN and UAC Properties.

Please advise, am just a learner ooooo, JJC....

Thank you and merry christmas...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 4:53am On Dec 27, 2013
JJC, to answer your question. Oando is good for both short and long term now. I also advice you to consider UBA too
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:18am On Dec 27, 2013
[quote author=Afo1k]Merry Xmas.......

AMCON TO PUMP N20BN INTO UNITY BANK
Category: Business Published on Wednesday, 25 December 2013 05:01 Written by Kayode Ekundayo, Lagos Hits: 560

Unity Bank headquarters
...Shareholders approve additional N40bn capital injection
Unity Bank is currently holding final discussion with Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) for a N20 billion investment into the bank.
Already the bank is sourcing for additional N40 billion through Special Placement and Right Issues to shore up its capital base which stands at N25 billion.
AMCON was among over 10 investors that had shown their willingness to invest in the bank. The corporation together with another Nigerian company have reached final stage of the deal and the management of the bank is likely to approve the AMCON as the core investor in the bank.
Daily Trust gathered last night that one of the conditions neral have not, as they did to afribank, bank phb e.t.c?

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (7780) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ginalex(f), Hogwarthtrades and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.