Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10967709 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by divinelove(m): 8:20am On Dec 27, 2013
Advice urgently needed
pls my fellow nl investors is it too late to buy oando, i tot it ll close at 14 this dec but just shocked to see it is moving towards 20.. This has been my top stock for some time nw, shld i look elsewhere to avoid burning my fingers
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 8:43am On Dec 27, 2013
Oando is a two-edged sword! Why did I say so?

For the not-too-greedy short term player, NOW is the time to start offloading. This will profit those who boarded at between N10-N15 just a few weeks / months ago. If we have more people offloading at this price, the effect this will have is obvious. Prices may go down to below N15. On the other hand, for a long term player, Oando seems to have a very bright future based on what may happen in a few months time. Oando may very well get to over N100 in a few months! As others have said, Oando is good for the long term at any price below N20 based on current projections.

As for me, I prefer to be pessimistic about the market and wait for Oando at about N15. If the prices don't drop, I'll just watch and celebrate with those who believed. My advice is, if you must board, let it be for the long-haul but proceed with caution.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 9:18am On Dec 27, 2013
My dear brother, I don't see oando dropping to 15 naira again. Anybody that thinks so is just not seeing it well. This is the best time to enter or the bus will never carry you again. Oando has just started climbing. If you can enter now, good for you my dear

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:59am On Dec 27, 2013
Nigerian Stock Exchange:

1. Consumer Goods Sector Remains A Goldmine in 2014- Proshare

2. Improved Fundamentals drives performance in Financial Sector

3. Oando sells gas firm for $250m smiley

4. PHCN assets now owned by NELMCO –Amadi

5. Oando Energy Signs Second Facility Agreement with Parent Company

6. NSE Oil & Gas Index Tops Sectoral Indices Review; Records +103.45 YTD Gain

7. CBN Releases Strategy Document on National Financial Inclusion

8. SEC Introduces Quarterly Returns E-Filing System for Capital Market Operators

9. FO takes the lead with +1301.03% YTD gain while CONOIL records +231.37% to come second..

Source: @proshare and @thisday

Enjoy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 11:02am On Dec 27, 2013
oando is a coy with too much leverage and debt couple with its know bad corporate governance that has not change so far.I am a proud VALUE INVESTOR,honestly i dont see this coy as a company with good sustainable fundamentals but rather a good candidate for trading because of its high beta,liquity,publicity stunt of d coy,market players loyalty ecetera.whoever is buying oando at this top is doom for burnt fingers or regret.you need to be very careful on any trading stock because for trading stock what you need to focus on is CROWD IGNORANCE,i mean taking advantage of sentimental bias of market players that comes from acting on news without conducting proper rational and logical reasoning on fact and figures in light with rightful data to peep realistically into a realistic future on a particular stock.Be careful to take emotional attachment out of investing becos that would give you a better success yielding decisions with no flaw or little that will be insignificant to your investing success.Even, i as a value investor,i have traded on some stocks with no fundamental at all but had great patronage on the bourse and i was able to make real good cash on them because i knew i have got to come at a price around support and towards grivatating to resistance level with my finobocci telling me its around overbought region with volume coming down i would quickly get out with my PROFIT or else mr market would have take away my gain.so be cautious about oando because there is no GOOD MGT in this coy.The coy is just using media to push this gabbage so make sure you take your profit at right time before you might be the last idiot holding the empty bag.oando is an inflated balloon that is being manipulated often times and i know it will inevitably burst very soon.A stitch in time saves nine!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 11:11am On Dec 27, 2013
Strong one there Immanuello! I have also noticed the publicity stunt is just too obvious.

What do you think about Japaul? Why is the price flat on the ground and what is the worst that can happen for someone who buys at N0.5?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 11:12am On Dec 27, 2013
So so so on point @ immanuello
@divinelove- i will advice you to watch the market a lil before taking decision on Oando
@Megainvest- my opinion about Japaul is for people that want the share for long term investment cos their results has been enmeshed in deficit and huge debt
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 27, 2013
A lot has been said abt Oando.Only time will tell.
For me, I prefer to board bus b4 takeoff. As a matter of principle, I don't board any bus dt has moved 30%, each time I try otherwise, ppl dump stocks on me.

Currently taking my last positioning for the year.
I don't know why I saw presco in my dream, didn't d ogas say it was over priced? Anyway, I didn't buy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 27, 2013
megainvest: Strong one there Immanuello! I have also noticed the publicity stunt is just too obvious.

What do you think about Japaul? Why is the price flat on the ground and what is the worst that can happen for someone who buys at N0.5?

Whether good or bad, japaul must rally b4 feb.

Nb not a buy or sell recommendation. I owe no unit in japaul currently.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 27, 2013
Nem 2012 result out
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/NEM%20Audited%20Group%20Annual%20Reports%20%20Accounts.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:50am On Dec 27, 2013
mercylicious: Nem 2012 result out
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/NEM%20Audited%20Group%20Annual%20Reports%20%20Accounts.pdf

Thanks , don't think there is dividend , after some people don wait taya for months on smn

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
lancee:

Thanks , don't think there is dividend , after some people don wait taya for months on smn

The handwritting was written on the wall long ago about NEM..Aiico, though a good coy still found it difficult this year...Nems case was audible to the deaf and visible to the blind...am glad i alighted from this bus long ago...holding a stock that hasnt released FY12 result for a year becos of dividend from hopeville isnt worth it...Me i dey front seat of another bullet train..

Anyways i see nem gaining in the near future come 2014..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

The handwritting was written on the wall long ago about NEM..Aiico, though a good coy still found it difficult this year...Nems case was audible to the deaf and visible to the blind...am glad i alighted from this bus long ago...holding a stock that hasnt released FY12 result for a year becos of dividend from hopeville isnt worth it...Me i dey front seat of another bullet train..

Anyways i see nem gaining in the near future come 2014..

Hopefully sir , Nem don disappoint some of my Ogas on smn oo... stock market yawa
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 12:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
Born 2 be rich thank you from smn as u just told me it 2:30pm.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
immanuello: Born 2 be rich thank you from smn as u just told me it 2:30pm.

My Oga you are welcome...BTW so na you be ***** you come dey code yoursef all this while for here...i hail o.. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
lancee:

Hopefully sir , Nem don disappoint some of my Ogas on smn oo... stock market yawa

Some Ogas no go eat today...but seriously i expected this as it was too obvious..infact many people will be surprised when Q1, Q2 and Q3 will be released..Its good that Nem didnt choke themsef to pay dividend to shareholders..and i can see that there will be a bounce back from this stock in the nearest future...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Some Ogas no go eat today...but seriously i expected this as it was too obvious..infact many people will be surprised when Q1, Q2 and Q3 will be released..Its good that Nem didnt choke themsef to pay dividend to shareholders..and i can see that there will be a bounce back from this stock in the nearest future...

waiting at carpark 50k , if need be
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 12:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
you are obviously right born 2 be rich on NEM case.My people suffer because they cant engage their mendulla oblaganta at a rightful state of mind that will make them generate correct and rational decision based on facts not opinions,media news stunt.d nem case study has shown that all is not too well with their result if you look at the time that result was placed under query and response pending,till even insurance firms like NIGER INSURANCE came out with their result and did stated 3kobo dividend.With so much on d positive side for NEM interms of valuation metrics yet their corporate governance was next to nix.well i was able to take advantage created by people's over-excitement over the news that NEM result has been approved and released by year end which made me to buy it at 56kobo when people were angry being waiting for the result for a very long time then i sold those useless empty gabbage at a whooping 69kobo this tuesday because i couldnt beat my chest on d result that it would be an amazing result with d fact i had on me and my rightful reasoning not even thinking becos REASONING SUPERCEDES THINKING.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
immanuello: you are obviously right born 2 be rich on NEM case.My people suffer because they cant engage their mendulla oblaganta at a rightful state of mind that will make them generate correct and rational decision based on facts not opinions,media news stunt.d nem case study has shown that all is not too well with their result if you look at the time that result was placed under query and response pending,till even insurance firms like NIGER INSURANCE came out with their result and did stated 3kobo dividend.With so much on d positive side for NEM interms of valuation metrics yet their corporate governance was next to nix.well i was able to take advantage created by people's over-excitement over the news that NEM result has been approved and released by year end which made me to buy it at 56kobo when people were angry being waiting for the result for a very long time then i sold those useless empty gabbage at a whooping 69kobo this tuesday because i couldnt beat my chest on d result that it would be an amazing result with d fact i had on me and my rightful reasoning not even thinking becos REASONING SUPERCEDES THINKING.

I understand sir...but lets take it easy with some of the words we use here so that some Ogas wont be infuriated and feel insulted...BTW, the bull will definately touch most of these stocks anyway...One thing, dont let this spoil your celebration this festive season.

Enjoy.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2013
lancee:

waiting at carpark 50k , if need be

My broker just informed me that NEM will be paying a dividend of 6kobo... not a bad deal i think!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
Currently about 31M units are being traded on NEM at the moment... shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2013
feelamong:

My broker just informed me that NEM will be paying a dividend of 6kobo... not a bad deal i think!

Good to hear that , pls does anyone has info about first bank result ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
please i'm sorry everybody here for my tone.i lie flat on ground to seek for forgiveness from all my ogas in d house.....Have you all pardon me,should i still lie to show remorse for my tone.......i'm waiting

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
#Eating mode deactivated#

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
feelamong:

They are forcing themselves to pay dividend to compensate shareholders instead of thinking of how to increase their retained earnings (currently they have -ve retained earnings)...I now understand why KOD said he supports what diamond bank did for not paying dividend..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
immanuello: please i'm sorry everybody here for my tone.i lie flat on ground to seek for forgiveness from all my ogas in d house.....Have you all pardon me,should i still lie to show remorse for my tone.......i'm waiting
Yes, Oga valuetrader!!
Lie down till 'we' the elders ask you to stand up.....
Multiple cheiiiii.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
9free: #Eating mode deactivated#

which mode is activated now?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
lancee:

Good to hear that , pls does anyone has info about first bank result ?

I think i read it somewhere that they promise to release result before the year ends or something like that...However, IMO first bank has been the most underperforming bank in respect to share price appreciation this year as it is still dancing alingo at N16 for a year now...BTW where Oga Valacious dey??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 1:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
immanuello: please i'm sorry everybody here for my tone.i lie flat on ground to seek for forgiveness from all my ogas in d house.....Have you all pardon me,should i still lie to show remorse for my tone.......i'm waiting

We all understand you said it out of your indepth passion in the stock market and NEM in particular...All is well... smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 1:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 1:17pm On Dec 27, 2013
9free: #Eating mode deactivated#

Sorry Boss.. just take the dividend buy small chinchin...

hopefully by half year 2014 when we go don enter the NEM bus.. we go make 100% on top this one!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 1:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
I bought NEM @71K and i dont know y i am not moved by ur comment or the abysmal result posted. I am yet to find out y .

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hedgefunds, Agbalowomeri, chillykelly86(m), ojesymsym, robobo, NL1960 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.