Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,781 members, 7,841,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10992544 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) ... (7788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kentoto: 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
pluto09:

I was also expecting a loss here too.
No wonder,it was bided up from 80k to close to N1.
Surely,insider everywhere.

Am sure by tomorow now people will be heading bank to FBNH to take position, the last hope of dividend for now, no matter how small it will be.

Since Diamond Bank done disappoint and hope reduced on Transcorp Plc. grin grin grin grin

k

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
pluto09:

My no 1 pick is fidson. I don't expect it to go from below N1 to N4 just like dangote flour did last year but a recovery of about 100% is possible in a year time.
Will be discussing my reasons for picking fidson as we make progress with our discussion.

Discuss it now.why is fidson a good buy?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 6:59pm On Apr 24, 2017
duni04:

Transcorp's Q1? Yes I did. Group EPS declined 18% to 0.91. Company EPS declined 35% to 0.46. I wonder where Tony's promise of dividend will come from. All things being equal, tomorrow should be bloody for Transcorp. The pigs will get their heads chopped off as always. God help those who bought at 1.06 grin

The EPS is 0.91k(i.e less than 1k)? wink wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:59pm On Apr 24, 2017
duni04:

Transcorp's Q1? Yes I did. Group EPS declined 23% to 0.91. Company EPS declined 54% to 0.46. I wonder where Tony's promise of dividend will come from. All things being equal, tomorrow should be bloody for Transcorp. The pigs will get their heads chopped off as always. God help those who bought at 1.06 grin
@duni04, you don't need to be rejoicing over anyone that bought at 1.06 today, even the price action informed people of potential reversal of the stock before the report came out! Check fxuser post earlier today...

Even at that, if the result is bad, how dip do you think the stock can go in your own evaluation?

Let me remind you of what "Tony" did to UBA stock in 2015... Market marker are ready to play on fear of people from tomorrow...
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:01pm On Apr 24, 2017
locodemy:

I just guess the recent move is coming from Q1 result.if not diamond bank shareholders should brace up for free fall from tomorrow.
What is the comparism of diamond bank to fcmb.EPS:15K VS 97K,DIVIDEND:NIL VS 10K,EARNING/PROFIT:Not comparable in any form.

Make i quickly rush to buy more fcmb tomorrow.

My brother, diamond bank result is not bad at all.
Gain in forex was reported separately from PAT compare with fcmb that added it to PAT.
They also grew deposit remarkably and they are also growing their loan book.
Don't just look at PAT if you are looking at banks results.
Line by line comparisons, I will choose this diamond above fcmb at the same price going by their latest results.

Note; I have neither of the stocks in my portfolio.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 7:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
[quote author=PETERiCHY post=55878618][/quote]

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
I dont even know what to say again.Everywhere is scatter scatter. FCMB......Na only you i dey o.I trust what you can do.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 7:06pm On Apr 24, 2017
BullBearMkt:

@duni04, you don't need to be rejoicing over anyone that bought at 1.06 today, even the price action informed people of potential reversal of the stock before the report came out!

Even at that, if the result is bad, how dip do you think the stock can go in your own imagination?

Let me remind you of what "Tony" did to UBA stock in 2015... Market marker are ready to play on fear of people from tomorrow...
grin grin grin grin grin
Really I'm not rejoicing. Its more like venting my frustration at the same cycle repeating itself. Insiders and the P & D people making pigs out of ordinary folks. Its just unfortunate that the last entrants on that bus will get thrown off violently and fatally. Those Transcorp, Diamond and FBNH rallies last week were classic P & D. Its no coincidence that the results are all coming in today. Besides who knows, Mr market may still push them further up and load yet more pigs grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
pluto09:

Gain in forex was reported separately from PAT compare with fcmb that added it to PAT.
Line by line comparisons, I will choose this diamond above fcmb at the same price going by their latest results.

Tomorrow.....i plead you to come fast.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
duni04:

Really I'm not rejoicing. Its more like venting my frustration at the same cycle repeating itself. Insiders and the P & D people making pigs out of ordinary folks. Its just unfortunate that the last entrants on that bus will get thrown off violently and fatally. Those Transcorp, Diamond and FBNH rallies last week were classic P & D. Its no coincidence that the results are all coming in today. Besides who knows, Mr market may still push them further up and load yet more pigs grin
I think I understand you... you're of the opinion that the stocks are being manipulated to "slaughter" people...
...even though I don't hold similar sentiment about the market, it is my desire to help people understand market structure. We can then add fundamentals or technicals to it. By this, the issue of manipulation will reduce, or people will avoid been manipulated...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kentoto: 7:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
pluto09:

A result with profit position draws more investors/traders to itself more than a loss results, dividend also draws more attention than no dividend,

please dont compare FCMB AND DIAMOND bank together, mind you the stock price has been scripted for dividend payment, people are expecting alert next week, Diamond alert na next year oh grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2017
kentoto:

A result with profit position draws more investors/traders to itself more than a loss results, dividend also draws more attention than no dividend,

please dont compare FCMB AND DIAMOND bank together, mind you the stock price has been scripted for dividend payment, people are expecting alert next week, Diamond alert na next year oh grin grin grin grin grin

Chai, Chai, Chai grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 7:24pm On Apr 24, 2017
BullBearMkt:

I think I understand you... you're of the opinion that the stocks are being manipulated to "slaughter" people...
...even though I don't hold similar sentiment about the market, it is my desire to help people understand market structure. We can then add fundamentals or technicals to it. By this, the issue of manipulation will reduce, or people will avoid been manipulated...
P& D is not sentiment, it actually happens. Its illegal in many countries but here anything goes.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 7:39pm On Apr 24, 2017
DeRuggedProf:
JUST THINKING: Every year a stock does magic, that if one identified early, would have greatly profited him. Can we suggest and analyse to benefit us here? At times, some people may have hidden/insider knowledge or just amazingly interesting insights

Last year, DANGFLOUR moved below N1.00 to over N4.00.
I almost took a cutlass to question the elders in my village.... grin
That journey was done through level grounds, hills and valleys. It was like magic. At times the fundamentals, at other times the Technicals threw us all overboard on that journey, our life jacket was our STOP LOSS and POSITION SIZES.... grin

Which stock do we think will do this in 2017 or are all stocks presently overvalued?

Lets kick start an interesting discussion... grin

VERY GOOD! PLS LETS HAVE A DISCUSSION ON THIS!

I think we should just be careful the way we JIJO from one "hot" stock to another but rather stop and calculate carefully the cost of changing positions. From FCMB to Fidelity to Diamond to FBN to Transcorp. May be crowd will come back to FCMB and the cycle continues.

The bottom line is that all these banks are trading at very good valuations. We should rather spread our risk and grab as much as possible and await a DEVALUATION BULL which will surely come when Emefiele gets tired and puts the currency on full float.

The real JIJO guys are the insiders who see this results before the masses and pump, making us believe there is something in the offing and then dump on the suckers with a lot of mechanisms(spoofing & layering, stuffing etc) that are not yet "illegal" here in Nigeria.

A lot of us if we can be sincere have been had by these insiders who are the ultimate winners:
Pump, sell on suckers, release bad result, buy back from suckers at lower prices.
Dump, buy at lower prices, release good result, sell on suckers at higher prices.
Or simply, pump, dump on suckers

Our brokers are smiling because they are also the ultimate winners in this thing (JI+JO commissions).

Makes me remember the days when I was a Snooker & Table tennis boardman. I was easily the best performer/money maker among all those that came to gamble on my boards but no one knew but me.

I think the real deal this year will be CURRENCY FLOATATION ( DEVALUATION OR WHAT YOU WILL) WHICH WILL SEND THE FOREIGNERS BACK IN.

Before then, the market will trade sideways and pump/dump and JIJO frenzy will continue not necessarily to our gain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2017
kentoto:

Yes, profit is very important in our clime and that is why you see all the manipulations with bank results.
Let me ask you this question; why do you think banks like fcmb,gtb and fbn add their fx gain to their profits while banks like access,uba,diamond and fidelity reported their fx gain separately?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 24, 2017
@austinkenneth Devaluation is something every investor should be worried about..what happened 2016 might repeat itself and it an opportunity for some though.

@BullBearMkt Honestly duni04 is right on this. look at my post below before market closed. this stuff are actually pumped and i know it.

Tritri:
What happened..Even Diamond full bid...and sterling too...Guess what..dis market is bleeped.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kentoto: 7:52pm On Apr 24, 2017
pluto09:

Yes, profit is very important in our clime and that is why you see all the manipulations with bank results.
Let me ask you this question; why do you think banks like fcmb,gtb and fbn add their fx gain to their profits while banks like access,uba,diamond and fidelity reported their fx gain separately?

Simple, its preference. as long as its not illegal, every body wants a good outing.

k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jumboo: 7:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
pluto09:

There are components that should be added to PAT and there are components that should be taken to OCI. All the banks do this and it's subsumed somewhere in the notes or presented as a separate line item. Like Access bank's 2016 audited statement which you mentioned reporting separately, they made a FX loss and its part of PAT (Check note 12).
Check same note 12 on Diamond bank: " Net trading income on foreign exchange and financial assets held for trading includes the gains and losses arising both on the purchase and sale of trading instruments and from changes in fair value. "

There may be manipulations in the underlying records but the treatment is right per accounting standards

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 7:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
Tritri:
@austinkenneth Devaluation is something every investor should be worried about..what happened 2016 might repeat itself and it an opportunity for some though.

@BullBearMkt Honestly duni04 is right on this. look at my post below before market closed. this stuff are actually pumped and i know it.

I think if we float, we will easily have an "Eqypt situation" where a massive 50% uplift (~8000 to ~12000) was recorded in EGX30 after currency floatation.

So it means the EGX 30 served as a devaluation hegde in Egypt. So will NSE in Nigeria. Emefiele will tire.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kentoto: 7:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
jumboo:

There are components that should be added to PAT and there are components that should be taken to OCI. All the banks do this and it's subsumed somewhere in the notes or presented as a separate line item. Like Access bank's 2016 audited statement which you mentioned reporting separately, they made a FX loss and its part of PAT (Check note 12).
Check same note 12 on Diamond bank: " Net trading income on foreign exchange and financial assets held for trading includes the gains and losses arising both on the purchase and sale of trading instruments and from changes in fair value. "

There may be manipulations in the underlying records but the treatment is right per accounting standards

thank you jare grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2017
Rather than join in the Transcorp and Diamond argument, i have learnt over the years to allow Mr. Market be the judge...The likes of Nestle and Guinness comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2017
Tritri:

I don't know if the market is manipulated or not, I like to provide liquidity to the market just like the Market Makers by buying very low. When you see imbalance in bid/offer, we should know that the likelihood of reversal is imminent soon... People that accumulated heavily at the low price will want to sell to new entrants at a higher price & then the price falls...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2017
jumboo:

Banks can report it either way and still not run foul of the regulations in each case. Accountants in the house pls educate us more.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 8:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
DeRuggedProf:
JUST THINKING: Every year a stock does magic, that if one identified early, would have greatly profited him. Can we suggest and analyse to benefit us here? At times, some people may have hidden/insider knowledge or just amazingly interesting insights

Last year, DANGFLOUR moved below N1.00 to over N4.00.
I almost took a cutlass to question the elders in my village.... grin
That journey was done through level grounds, hills and valleys. It was like magic. At times the fundamentals, at other times the Technicals threw us all overboard on that journey, our life jacket was our STOP LOSS and POSITION SIZES.... grin

Which stock do we think will do this in 2017 or are all stocks presently overvalued?

larfarge wapco has started moving o......if u see am below #46 pls rush it..... #120 point loading
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:11pm On Apr 24, 2017
locodemy:
I dont even know what to say again.Everywhere is scatter scatter.
FCMB......Na only you i dey o.I trust what you can do.

When the market is confusing you, start diversifying immidiatly.

You will be shocked to know were the profit will be coming from. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:13pm On Apr 24, 2017
maishai:
larfarge wapco has started moving o......if u see am below #46 pls rush it..... #120 point loading
When people accumulated at 35, by the time those people started selling, we will be shouting manipulation. Let it pullback, then people can buy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 8:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
Coolcash1:
Rather than join in the Transcorp and Diamond argument, i have learnt over the years to allow Mr. Market be the judge...The likes of Nestle and Guinness comes to mind.

We should all know that stock market is a place of unknown all over the world. It is not an overstatement to say that "The most manipulated stocks in which their results or data is incomprehensible" sometimes makes the best returns when taken the risk. And this doesn't exclude our dear NSE. My little opinion is that everyone should focus on what works best for them. Some are destined to be long term investors while some get their fate in short term. It is okay to voice out opinion, frustrations and sometimes emotional wishes, but we shouldn't forget our moral values and decency that made every humanity. Fundamentals, Technicals, Spirituality, and etc. is part of the game but due diligence and luck is what matters most when it comes to the successful journey of stock market. In all, all the best to our individual endeavors.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jumboo: 8:16pm On Apr 24, 2017
austinkenneth:

Banks can report it either way and still not run foul of the regulations in each case. Accountants in the house pls educate us more.

NOPE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:17pm On Apr 24, 2017
The one key thing an investor is not sure of in the market is how the market will interpret facts.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
PETERiCHY:

The problem with you is the same problem with FG.

Which is lack of diversification. FG put all their hope in OIL while you put all yours in FCMB which is not good for your health.

Try and balance your balance portfolio via diversification.

Person wey know one road no sabi road.

FCMB is the only stock i will play @nse until i see another robust stock to play.I am still at heavy profit even till now.my dividend coming up next week is 2.1m or thereabout if tax is deducted.i also bought almost all at 1.00 which still has upward direction any moment from now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2017
DeRuggedProf:
JUST THINKING: Every year a stock does magic, that if one identified early, would have greatly profited him.

I totally agree with you. Such info will really help members and strengthen confidence in this forum as a valuable source of info for stock trading....I will also be dropping some lines on this area shortly.

We are making money this year... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2017
Godisfaithful:

We should all know that stock market is a place of unknown all over the world. It is not an overstatement to say that "The most manipulated stocks in which their results or data is incomprehensible" sometimes makes the best returns when taken the risk. And this doesn't exclude our dear NSE. My little opinion is that everyone should focus on what works best for them. Some are destined to be long term investors while some get their fate in short term. It is okay to voice out opinion, frustrations and sometimes emotional wishes, but we shouldn't forget our moral values and decency that made every humanity. Fundamentals, Technicals, Spirituality, and etc. is part of the game but due diligence and luck is what matters most when it comes to the successful journey of stock market. In all, all the best to our individual endeavors.
...nice one!
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) ... (7788) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Emeka1441, jadyclem(m), freeman67, ekkywolex(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.