Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,045 members, 7,828,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10943746 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (7774) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2014
9free:
Hopeville Investing..... All join grin grin grin

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2014
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by uboma(m): 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
9free:
Hopeville Investing..... All join grin grin grin

Na soooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
uboma: I bought some units of Transcorp today @ N5.46 per share. Hoping it will cross the N6.00 and above.

Choi! You dey among those I sold to niyen...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2014
myjoy08:

Sir, you can recheck my stock picks for the week...
please what will happen to the outstanding shares of transcorps at the very long run and what will be the fate of people with the least holding and likewise oando
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ess: The iTrade gurus:

Why is there 2 columns for offer and bid?

i.e total offer qty, offer qty and total bid qty, bid qty

When is UBCap going to pay their dividend?

I learnt there are 2 others stockbroking firms offering iTrade services, any idea who they are?

Are you talking of 2013 UBAcap dividend wey we don chop clean mouth or the one of this yr that should be due by feb-march next yr.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
nitrogen:

you made me remember one of my oga quote or signature on smn, "to every buyer there is a seller"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
nitrogen:
Very funny, i sold mine today too @ N5.50
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afo1k: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
nitrogen:

and when you buy or sell a stock, you are at that moment simply making a bet with another investor on the future direction of that stock.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ess: 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
SWG1:

Are you talking of 2013 UBAcap dividend wey we don chop clean mouth or the one of this yr that should be due by feb-march next yr.

Hmmm, when was the 2013 paid if I may ask?

Time to bombard my stockbroker be that!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
gabscity: grin

Dexterax: grin

dsonofmaan: grin grin

nitrogen: grin grin grin

This is another close up toothpaste advert cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
SWG1:

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy Thats a very good question.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 6:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
kotlass:

There are actually about 5 stock broking firms who have blazed the trail in the introduction of online trading. They all have different names for their product. Meritrade(Meristem Securities), Investnow(UBACapital), iTrade(MorganCapital), LeadTrader(LeadSecurities), eTrader(CapitalBancorp). The choice is yours.

@Born2berich1;Proshare did a profile of the products some days back. Can you help share?

Sorry my response came late but @passwelle has answered your question. vvv

passwelle:

See the review here http://www.proshareng.com/news/23635
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 6:10pm On Jul 08, 2014
Dragonking:

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy Thats a very good question.

Why u dey laugh? Abi you don join the tooth-paste advert group

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
Aks:
Very funny, i sold mine today too @ N5.50

Choi, and i thought you were the conductor of this bus. grin

#isokay
#ThereisGodooooh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
NPFMCRFBK declares N338.7million PAT in Q2 '14

http://www.proshareng.com/news/23641.html

ETI Technical Analysis: Bulls are planning to test the 52 week's high i.e. N18.40

http://www.proshareng.com/news/23639.html
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 6:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
stokfrick: NPF microfinance bank- impressive Q2 result; 36.4% increase in PAT. current price is good entry price. 4 those who wish to enter now's the time.
FYI do your due dilligence
brother,is it the 36% PAT increase in unaudited Q2,the reason to buy it?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 7:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
Born2beRich1:
Choi, and i thought you were the conductor of this bus. grin
#isokay
#ThereisGodooooh
Conductor sha, i sold the first tranche at N5.68 and finally dropped the remaining @ N5.50. i don try small, i'll mop it shortly if i see it on the floor @ my 'envisaged' price. I foresee it dropping in the next 2 trading days b4 picking race again
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 7:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
Aks: Conductor sha, i sold the first tranche at N5.68 and finally dropped the remaining @ N5.50. i don try small, i'll mop it shortly if i see it on the floor @ my 'envisaged' price. I foresee it dropping in the next 2 trading days b4 picking race again
Sharp guy! No time to check time...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:27pm On Jul 08, 2014
Aks: Conductor sha, i sold the first tranche at N5.68 and finally dropped the remaining @ N5.50. i don try small, i'll mop it shortly if i see it on the floor @ my 'envisaged' price. I foresee it dropping in the next 2 trading days b4 picking race again

Some peeps sold at 4.6 hoping to re-enter at 3.5

smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
Mr T , hard to time/predict

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2014

grin

Badt guy! You saw the volumes on Wapic today?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

Some peeps sold at 4.6 hoping to re-enter at 3.5

smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
cheesy cheesy Badosky, so far I know the potentials, I will target a price not less that #5 to re-enter, it was that way lastweek, imagine if I had sold last week and re-enter at 4.90, infact I bought some at 5.10 sef, it's the market, either you outsmart it or it outsmarts you, by the way, I am too young to be a long term investor undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
Dexterax:

grin

Badt guy! You saw the volumes on Wapic today?

Mehn, my broker do me bad thing o, I wanted him to get wapic for me at 69k, buh he messed up, had to buy at close to 80k, anyways, no lele, we will buy more at this level. smiley

#wapic, AIG is ready to make the ship fly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by coruso(m): 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
Hello, house I need ur help, I recently told my broker to sell some of my share. when I called him yesterday he told me he sold it, but I have not gotten an Alert to that effect. Wat could be the problem, because im in the dark not even knowing at What price it was sold.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:52pm On Jul 08, 2014
nitrogen:
cheesy cheesy Badosky, so far I know the potentials, I will target a price not less that #5 to re-enter, it was that way lastweek, imagine if I had sold last week and re-enter at 4.90, infact I bought some at 5.10 sef, it's the market, either you outsmart it or it outsmarts you, by the way, I am too young to be a long term investor undecided

Na when person old him go become long term investor?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 7:56pm On Jul 08, 2014
Some people dey fall maga for this biz sha grin angry grin grin grin born2berich, dexter, Aka, they sell their transc some pple like uboma dey buy angry grin grin this life sha lol lol lol grin cheesy grin grin angry grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 7:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
My little experience as a stock market investor..

-Patience is key,there are endless opportunities in the market.A successful investor is like a trained sniper,hanging on patiently with his gun,waiting for his/her target,devoid of emotions and in no hurry to vacate his shooting position.

-When you want to gamble on a stock without fundamentals and no prospects of dividend,limit your exposure to at most 10% of your total portfolio.I took a gamble on a particular stock ,I knew the company had no good track record ;to be candid,they have never paid dividend since incorporation.Due to recent activities within and around the company,I perceived the company could be a company for the future,I took a position ,a gamble so to speak ,but limited to 10% of my portfolio.Today, I have no regrets,I have realized 50% on my investment on paper.Its a gamble,it could have gone the other way ,as there was no compelling fundamental behind my investment.But,now I am winning.

-When you are convinced after due diligence that a particular stock has better prospects and growth potential,it wouldn't hurt to invest 60-70% of your entire portfolio in there. I call it investing with guts.Sometimes it pays off to invest confidently in comparison to spreading your investments over several stocks in the hope of diversification.

-Never enter a fast moving train,you might be crushed.Never touch a stock when it is hot,you might get burned.So many recent instances comes to mind.

-Always know when to sell if you are in for the short term ;whatever goes up must come down.I once bought a stock at N25 ,hoping it would get to N33,it got to N32 ,but I was patiently waiting for N33,it never got there.I finally sold at N27.

-Don't not invest in a company based on previous history,brand name or sentiments, always inquire how they are surviving today and how they plan to continue in business tomorrow.One of my early investments as a student was the sum of N50,000 ,which was invested in a bank stock.The bank in question opened my very first bank account and offered me a five year monetized scholarship for my university education.Since I had adequate financial support from my family,had another scholarship and little need for the money,I invested the first N50,000 in the bank stock.The bank went under on Sanusi's ascension to the throne,my investment too.I was sentimental,I wanted to give back to the bank that gave me through investing in its stocks.

-Always keep a healthy amount of cash in stock,a good opportunity might come along suddenly but you might have no cash to invest.Some few months ago,I saw a banking stock trading at an attractive price with huge upside,I was able to buy a little,but I wish I had bought more if I had extra cash.

-Cheap or penny stocks are not always "cheap". Sometime as a university student,I bought 5,000 units of a bank stock during its public offer at N8 ; it was apparently the cheapest of its banking peers at that time.My N40,000 would amount to little units if I had gone for the big banks.I settled for quantity,but today the stock is trading at over N2 and all my dividends and bonus shares received so far does not translate to over 7% return on my investment,after 7 years!!.Investing in the big reliable banks would have yielded better results.I chose the penny stock.

-Do not deprive yourself of life goodies because you want to invest,you might end up spending all the money earned taking care of yourself at a latter stage.Try and enjoy life and invest at the same time,it can be done.

-Always check up your investments,your investment is your business and you don't leave it unattended.If I had checked up on my investments as a student,I would have known when to sell or hold.But I trusted the system,the financial system in 2008 wiped away most of my university investments.

-If you have done your due diligence,invested in a stock,but at some point, prices drop below your entry price,do not be discouraged,it is just an opportunity to increase your holding if you have cash.

-Lastly,nothing beats investing in a consistent dividend paying company.I am a big fan of dividends.Dividends are my 14th,15th and 16th month salary grin .I am eagerly looking forward to a day when it becomes my 1st to 12th month salary. grin . I plan to retire quite early and enjoy my life to the fullest!

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 8:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

Na when person old him go become long term investor?
cheesy cheesy cheesy

A way of telling you that I don't do long term investing, at least, for now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
Charlesnerd: My little experience as a stock market investor..

-Patience is key,there are endless opportunities in the market.A successful investor is like a trained sniper,hanging on patiently with his gun,waiting for his/her target,devoid of emotions and in no hurry to vacate his shooting position.

-When you want to gamble on a stock without fundamentals and no prospects of dividend,limit your exposure to at most 10% of your total portfolio.I took a gamble on a particular stock ,I knew the company had no good track record ;to be candid,they have never paid dividend since incorporation.Due to recent activities within and around the company,I perceived the company could be a company for the future,I took a position ,a gamble so to speak ,but limited to 10% of my portfolio.Today, I have no regrets,I have realized 50% on my investment on paper.Its a gamble,it could have gone the other way ,as there was no compelling fundamental behind my investment.But,now I am winning.

-When you are convinced after due diligence that a particular stock has better prospects and growth potential,it wouldn't hurt to invest 60-70% of your entire portfolio in there. I call it investing with guts.Sometimes it pays off to invest confidently in comparison to spreading your investments over several stocks in the hope of diversification.

-Never enter a fast moving train,you might be crushed.Never touch a stock when it is hot,you might get burned.So many recent instances comes to mind.

-Always know when to sell if you are in for the short term ;whatever goes up must come down.I once bought a stock at N25 ,hoping it would get to N33,it got to N32 ,but I was patiently waiting for N33,it never got there.I finally sold at N27.

-Don't not invest in a company based on previous history,brand name or sentiments, always inquire how they are surviving today and how they plan to continue in business tomorrow.One of my early investments as a student was the sum of N50,000 ,which was invested in a bank stock.The bank in question opened my very first bank account and offered me a five year monetized scholarship for my university education.Since I had adequate financial support from my family,had another scholarship and little need for the money,I invested the first N50,000 in the bank stock.The bank went under on Sanusi's ascension to the throne,my investment too.I was sentimental,I wanted to give back to the bank that gave me through investing in its stocks.

-Always keep a healthy amount of cash in stock,a good opportunity might come along suddenly but you might have no cash to invest.Some few months ago,I saw a banking stock trading at an attractive price with huge upside,I was able to buy a little,but I wish I had bought more if I had extra cash.

-Cheap or penny stocks are not always "cheap". Sometime as a university student,I bought 5,000 units of a bank stock during its public offer at N8 ; it was apparently the cheapest of its banking peers at that time.My N40,000 would amount to little units if I had gone for the big banks.I settled for quantity,but today the stock is trading at over N2 and all my dividends and bonus shares received so far does not translate to over 7% return on my investment,after 7 years!!.Investing in the big reliable banks would have yielded better results.I chose the penny stock.

-Do not deprive yourself of life goodies because you want to invest,you might end up spending all the money earned taking care of yourself at a latter stage.Try and enjoy life and invest at the same time,it can be done.

-Always check up your investments,your investment is your business and you don't leave it unattended.If I had checked up on my investments as a student,I would have known when to sell or hold.But I trusted the system,the financial system in 2008 wiped away most of my university investments.

-If you have done your due diligence,invested in a stock,but at some point, prices drop below your entry price,do not be discouraged,it is just an opportunity to increase your holding if you have cash.

-Lastly,nothing beats investing in a consistent dividend paying company.I am a big fan of dividends.Dividends are my 14th,15th and 16th month salary grin .I am eagerly looking forward to a day when it becomes my 1st to 12th month salary. grin . I plan to retire quite early and enjoy my life to the fullest!

Classic

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (7774) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bubykay01, spido(m), Olaide1295, Excellent7(m), Princkez, chimex38, ositadima1(m), nosa2(m), 222Martins(m), SonofElElyonRet, Jonwest, dapix, Megapower and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.