Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,045 members, 7,859,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:59 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2843) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11063251 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2840) (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) ... (7815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2017
Agbalowomeri:

How much loss is okay for you in two months? grin
I think their 52 weeks low price is ok
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
veecovee:
I read that they closed yesterday without extending the closure date, is this early closure not a sign of success?

Good news...see the way offers are getting cleared today steady grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 1:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
Lafarge Africa Plc at the weekend closed application list for its N131.65 billion rights issue, rounding off the subscription to its major capital raising aimed at deleveraging its balance sheet and rebuilding a more supportive capital base.

Lafarge Africa had on November 24, 2017 launched an offer to raise N131.65 billion through a rights issue of about 3.1 billion ordinary shares of 50 kobo each at N42.50 per share. The new shares were pre-allotted to shareholders on the basis of five new ordinary shares for every nine ordinary shares held as at the close of business on November 1, 2017. The acceptance list opened on Friday November 24, 2017 and ran till the close of business on Friday, December 15, 2017.

LafargeHolcim, which holds the majority equity stake of 72.59 per cent in Lafarge Africa, had earlier indicated it would subscribe fully to its rights. LafargeHolcim had proposed to pick up its rights under a debt-for-equities deal that will see conversion of LafargeHolcim's dollar-based loan to equities.

Chairman, Lafarge Africa Plc, Mr. Mobolaji Balogun, said the recapitalisation would help to reduce the group's exposure to adverse foreign currency translation losses as experienced in 2016 following a 40 per cent depreciation of the Naira against the Dollar.

http://m.4-traders.com/LAFARGE-AFRICA-PLC-6500000/news/Lafarge-Africa-closes-application-for-N132b-rights-issue-25690466/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bianco1: 1:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
stcool:

Why I mostly stay away this days from here, it's always about deceiving newbies. Exactly same thing I heard when I mentioned fidelity on this forum months ago. How much is same fidelity now.
Who is a newbie and who is forcing anyone to buy a stock. As a matter of fact WAPCO offer full ground and rights is still ongoing, so one cannot talk about deceiving newbies here, Abeg.

No need to stay away - Bro! It's a free world...just that some people like countering others very aggressively on this forum as if they are Mr Market!! So which ever way it goes, Time will always tell and it, I mean - Time, is also a great healer!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 1:30pm On Dec 19, 2017
PETERiCHY:
Lafarge Africa Plc at the weekend closed application list for its N131.65 billion rights issue, rounding off the subscription to its major capital raising aimed at deleveraging its balance sheet and rebuilding a more supportive capital base.

Lafarge Africa had on November 24, 2017 launched an offer to raise N131.65 billion through a rights issue of about 3.1 billion ordinary shares of 50 kobo each at N42.50 per share. The new shares were pre-allotted to shareholders on the basis of five new ordinary shares for every nine ordinary shares held as at the close of business on November 1, 2017. The acceptance list opened on Friday November 24, 2017 and ran till the close of business on Friday, December 15, 2017.

LafargeHolcim, which holds the majority equity stake of 72.59 per cent in Lafarge Africa, had earlier indicated it would subscribe fully to its rights. LafargeHolcim had proposed to pick up its rights under a debt-for-equities deal that will see conversion of LafargeHolcim's dollar-based loan to equities.

Chairman, Lafarge Africa Plc, Mr. Mobolaji Balogun, said the recapitalisation would help to reduce the group's exposure to adverse foreign currency translation losses as experienced in 2016 following a 40 per cent depreciation of the Naira against the Dollar.

http://m.4-traders.com/LAFARGE-AFRICA-PLC-6500000/news/Lafarge-Africa-closes-application-for-N132b-rights-issue-25690466/

They may end up increasing their holdings to 80% knowing fully well minority shareholders may not take up their rights during festive periods, well my kind of stock long term if they decide to delist and pay me off. But I see good dividend payout going forward after LafargeHolcim increases their holding. NB comes to mind.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 1:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
stcool:

They may end up increasing their holdings to 80% knowing fully well minority shareholders may not take up their rights during festive periods, well my kind of stock long term if they decide to delist and pay me off. But I see good dividend payout going forward after LafargeHolcim increases their holding. NB comes to mind.

As well there is 80% chances of delisting. NBC comes to me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 1:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
stcool:

bolded was the same reasons PEter saw and motivated to load at N49 and confidently posted it here. price now is 43.50 i know if price can move to 49 or 50 peter will run comot and come back here to post against this same WAPCO
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 19, 2017
currentprice:

bolded was the same reasons PEter saw and motivated to load at N49 and confidently posted it here. price now is 43.50 i know if price can move to 49 or 50 peter will run comot and come back here to post against this same WAPCO
grin
hahahaha you are very wicked grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 1:51pm On Dec 19, 2017
I loaded with my tb fund @ N43 on Friday will wait for their 2017 full Year result before election palaver will start.

*ThE OcToPuS*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 1:52pm On Dec 19, 2017
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 19, 2017
currentprice:

grin
cp what is your take on ccnn please.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 1:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
currentprice:

grin

I entered 43.50...Peter entered at N49 makes no difference in the investing world. Another may even buy lower before year end. The value we see is what matters at the end of the day. He may even make more profit than me if he purchased more units at N49. This investing thing entry price is nothing when you know value and exit. Just make your money. QED.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
DOLLARTEX:
cp what is your take on ccnn please.

except the liquidity issues CCNN is good buy based on their Q3

there is one good illiquid stock in d mkt apart the etena , ccnn or any other illiquid stock that already discuss here before.

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 2:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
INNOSON VS GTBANK
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
currentprice:

except the liquidity issues CCNN is good buy based on their Q3

there is one good illiquid stock in d mkt apart the etena , ccnn or any other illiquid stock that already discuss here before.

grin grin

thank you,it has been on 9.5 for ages, grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 2:26pm On Dec 19, 2017
veecovee:
I read that they closed yesterday without extending the closure date, is this early closure not a sign of success?
It's obvious that they are desperate (already succeeded) to push people off as much as possible to enable them raise their control. Still close watching.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bianco1: 2:26pm On Dec 19, 2017
Transcorp...large volumes going on...hmmm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:27pm On Dec 19, 2017
currentprice:

grin

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2zona(m): 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2017
Bianco1:
I saw it too but was now wondering what the implication could be. Could it be a sign to buy in OR sell out. The gurus should please advise.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BMZK: 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
Bianco1:

Over 360 million units traded. It is worth keeping ears on the ground.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2017
BMZK:

wow 360 million units. Any news ? smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2zona(m): 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
Yayira:
wow 360 million units. Any news ? smiley
Please what do we do. Its not a matter of keeping ear on the ground. Immediate action is required here. To do or not to do?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2zona(m): 3:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
BMZK:

Please what do we do. Its not a matter of keeping ear on the ground. Immediate action is required here. To do or not to do?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
2zona:

Transcorp is on a recovery path, the worst is past. 360 million units sold and closed in the green....smells like BUY signal for me grin. I Might be wrong
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emperorchix(m): 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2017
Get paid for reading and commenting on posts, sharing posts etc. Check my signature to reach me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2zona(m): 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2017
safepaulooo:

Transcorp is on a recovery path, the worst is past. 360 million units sold and closed in the green....smells like BUY signal for me grin. I Might be wrong
Thanks bro.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MYMINDER(m): 4:21pm On Dec 19, 2017
I advise everyone with sincere profit motives to avoid WAPCO that increased its outstanding shares by 50% and most of the proceeds is needed to reduce debt overhang, not to grow the business! The same issue plagues UACN. These companies use this to increase their market cap but, their prices are thereof indefensible.

Best wishes

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
PETERiCHY:
I loaded with my tb fund @ N43 on Friday will wait for their 2017 full Year result before election palaver will start.

*ThE OcToPuS*

PETERiCHY:

Lafarge/Wapco is another NESTLE in the MAKING....

If you mistakenly sell yours below 3Euros OYO.

*ThE OcToPuS*

peter have the history of averaging.... oando come to mind when he placed the target price on N1000

now wapco target is 3 euro

borrow from below brov
grin
vvv
vv
v

BullBearMkt:

Kudos!!! Many investors/traders come up with their analysis (fundamental/technical) and belief a stock should rise, but instead of rising, the stock price continue to fall. Many will add to their position believing their analysis is correct! This is totally WRONG! As someone put it, why do you want to catch a falling knife... all you'll get is BLOOD on your hands. At this point forget about fundamentals, forget about technical, forget about what you think is correct, what matters is how the market sees the stock... Market will dictate the right price for that stock.

TAKE: Never add position to a losing trade.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
MYMINDER:
I advise everyone with sincere profit motives to avoid WAPCO that increased its outstanding shares by 50% and most of the proceeds is needed to reduce debt overhang, not to grow the business! The same issue plagues UACN. These companies use this to increase their market cap but, their prices are thereof indefensible.

Best wishes

I don't think it is a bad idea to raise money cheaply (via rights) to reduce expensive debts. This will help alleviate the finance cost pressure holding down profitability. Guinness did it. Lots of companies do that.

If you look at the numbers for their report, you will not be compelled to buy because profitability ratios will be negative. However, a contrarian investor can actually buy and make projections that if they pay down debts, finance costs will reduce, then the company will return to profitability. He may stay longer.

People will argue about opportunity cost of tying money down.

For me, looking at the reports, it isn't good. If the price can hit N15 , then I can say that the upside will be better for me at that price and I will see value in it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
BMZK:

DeRuggedProf is buying!

Jisike o!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2017
ZikkyChops:
INNOSON VS GTBANK

Is this case still on??

This issue may be tribalised very soon!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2840) (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) ... (7815) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: cocolacec(m), UncleBone, SonofElElyonRet, NL1960, mails4funshi(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.