Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,197 members, 7,860,299 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:06 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3008) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11066045 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) (3009) (3010) (3011) ... (7815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:39am On Jan 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:
When drowning you are thrown up....then you go down....thrown up again...then you go down... thrown for the last time.....then goodbye Janet!

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:44am On Jan 22, 2018
wanaj0:

Time is the period allowed for the market to respond to the fundamentals of a company. That must always happen. As time tends towards infinity, the share price will reflect the underlying value of the company.

Yes OandO was once very high. What has happened since then?

1) Dilution. Check the current outstanding shares. At N200, what will be the capitalisation of OandO? Are there assets to justify this?

2) Poor Management : If you need evidence of a badly managed company, just look at OandO. It is a company whose management are expert in destroying value. I am sure many are not aware of the 'Technical Fees' that Ocean and OIl use to charge OandO for doing nothing. Many can't remember the story about listing on JSE to raise capital. The story about the refinery that never saw the light of the day. They venture into a territory that they have ZERO clue about. They overpaid for upstream assets. They started selling midstream and downstream assets which is their area of competency. Who did they sold to? Anyone know 'undertaker' Jimoh Ibrahim?

3) Debt: The creditors seems to own OandO now. The current suspension is due to creditors trying to take over OandO. The shareholders may wake up to discover that they own only 1% of OandO. So if the price gets to N200, the minority shareholders may find out that they only own 1% of the N200

4) Corporate Governance: A company built on deceit must collapse. OandO's problem is not really due to crash in oil price! It is due to corrupt tendencies. Everything about OandO is deceit. Who remembers the claim of oversubscription of private placement. I doubt there is any company with such flagrant abuse of ethics and compliance. They were experts in manipulating their share price!

I think people should realise that when they buy shares, they are actually 'buying' a company. So ask yourself, what is 'good' about the company you are buying. Was the account not qualified? Is OandO a going concern?

Time will tell! Only a GAMBLER will even consider OandO.

Classic!!!
There is practically a very very faint line dichotomizing investing and gambling.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:44am On Jan 22, 2018
9free:

Na so my money inside Union Homes take enter Air? Consequences of bad investment decisions made in 2008.

You will be fine my brother, you lose money in order to learn how to make money.

After all, Farouk Umar lost over N700 Million in Union Home.
This was an old school investor, but the bull run of 2001 to 2008 made him to change his investment philosophy and strategy. Any way the guy is still in the market and currently doing very fine.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:45am On Jan 22, 2018
ZikkyChops:
Guru in the house, how far this Transcorpse can go..... In term of price

Transcorp
long term charts still bullish
we need to break N2.66 , so we can test N3.50

#SitStill
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:46am On Jan 22, 2018
Are we approaching a consolidation zone for the ghosts.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:47am On Jan 22, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

Classic!!!
There is practically a very very faint line dichotomizing investing and gambling.... grin

You invest by doing your homework with relevant numbers, information and knowledge. You gamble hoping the outcome will come out fine.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:47am On Jan 22, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

Classic!!!

Pls Do not quote me:

petition ''MAY'' very likely be withdrawn , cant say much. very sensitive matter

dis:
i don't own any and this is not a buy / sell recommendation .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 10:48am On Jan 22, 2018
Aiit 8 cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:49am On Jan 22, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

You will be fine my brother, you lose money in order to learn how to make money.

After all, Farouk Umar lost over N700 Million in Union Home.
This was an old school investor, but the bull run of 2001 to 2008 made him to change his investment philosophy and strategy. Any way the guy is still in the market and currently doing very fine.

I lost money that could have settled me and my extended family for LIFE!
I am here laughing each day..... grin
No amount is too much for education..... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 10:51am On Jan 22, 2018
Dear Esteemed Clients,

Happy times are here, the market has been on a bullish run with almost 20% return in the first month but the begging question is how long more to profit taking? While it is not in doubt that the rally is not sustainable, how further high can the index go considering the 17.9% return in 14 trading days? A good starting point is to identify what has really changed between the last trading day in 2017 and now.

2017FY Earnings expectations and outlook have broadly been the same and consensus forecast largely unchanged. Furthermore, most of the growth expectations have been priced into valuations, and this accounted for the market performance in December 2017. Macroeconomic data has not been out with the exception of inflation, which came in lower than expected. However, that is not sufficient to have caused the return in the market, and to buttress this, the NSEASI was already up by double digit before the release of the data.

The political space has not had encouraging news flow to have warranted the sentiments driving the market. We acknowledge that there have been fund inflows into the market as a result of the bandwagon effect and this has helped pushed some prices above the levels that can be reasonably justified. Case in point, Skyebank which has not released result for 2 years, has gained 158% during this rally, so….?. Another perspective on the market rally is the relative cheapness, in terms of PE multiple, of the Nigerian bourse in comparison with emerging and frontier markets. While this is quite valid, it gives little room to the developments within the market itself as seen from the constituent stocks underpinning the return, but gives a higher weight to general factors impacting EMEs such as good growth in China, higher oil prices, which should support exchange rate stability, higher FPI inflows…. We believe these factors will support a favorable equities market ambience in 2018, and thus, positively contribute to the anticipated performance as stated in our 2018 Outlook report.

However, these factors still need to be linked to how they are expected to drive earnings performance of companies; higher fiscal and consumer spending for healthcare, consumer staples, and materials sector companies, high oil price for upstream energy companies, favorable agricultural policies for the agricultural products companies, more stable FX environment for easing cost pressures for consumer staples companies, and lots more. With respect to regulation, two (2) rules will become effective from January 29, 2018; the par value rule, which allows more pricing flexibility below the subsisting NGN0.50 nominal price floor, and the new pricing methodology, which segments the minimum trading volume for price movement and also the respective minimum tick size. For stocks trading below NGN5.00 but above a kobo, double of the current 50,000 units will be required to move the price, while those trading above NGN100 will require just 10,000 units, and by implication the price stickiness varies across the various groups. There have been rumors that a number of stocks are rallying to more favorable price bands and it has been concentrated on penny stocks. If this is case, it is only sustainable for this week before the rule takes effect.

While external shocks can delay the market re-pricing of stocks to their fundamentally justified levels, it almost always happens as evidenced by market cycles. ‘Irrational Exuberance’, sentiments and other bottlenecks can cause the market to lose touch with factors that ultimately drive returns and growth in the long run, but reversion will nonetheless occur as longer data series confirm that the market trajectory eventually re-aligns to levels consistent with the fundamental laws of value.

The NSEASI was up by 42.30% in 2017 but the PE multiple contracted by about 21% from 16.3x in December 2016 to 12.8x by December 29, 2017. By implication, the gains in the market were driven by significant earnings expansion; trailing earnings by the close of the year was c.80% higher than that of 2016, and that is a stellar performance by any measure. However, a major contributory factor was the low base effect of 2016, and given the earnings recovery in 2017 in which a number of companies were back on sustainable profitability track, we do not expect the earnings growth similitude of last year. Thus, our market return of 14% is driven by both modest earnings growth and PE expansion.

Based on all the factors highlighted above, it is just natural to expect the tempo to temper as investors re-evaluate and realign, especially if the consensus tilts towards the regulation effective next week Monday as the driving force behind the current rally!

Regards,

Courtesy Research By Meristem Securities Ltd[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:53am On Jan 22, 2018
fxuser:

Pls Do not quote me:

petition ''MAY'' very likely be withdrawn , cant say much. very sensitive matter

dis:

For the first time, as I stated earlier, OANDO is on my WATCHLIST.
I will trade with GHOSTS in 2018!
I am at the age of being an ancestor too!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 10:53am On Jan 22, 2018
fxuser:

Pls Do not quote me:

dis:

BUT the problem is NOT the petition. The problem is that you have a company with POOR corporate governance that is poorly managed without any care for the minority shareholders. There is nothing being done to create value for OandO minority shareholders. Like I told people years ago, just invest in Ocean and Oil! That's the real 'OandO'.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:54am On Jan 22, 2018
SKYEBANK is my stock for January .
156% still on full bid grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 10:54am On Jan 22, 2018
bolabiyi:
DAT investment decision was before d meltdown in 2008...

That means as per today's value that N7m is like N28m. Sad indeed. Pls take heart and let us not be carried away too by this maze of uncontrollable exuberance.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 22, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

I lost money that could have settled me and my extended family for LIFE!
I am here laughing each day..... grin
No amount is too much for education..... grin

Kai am how did u cope afterwards?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 10:57am On Jan 22, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

You invest by doing your homework with relevant numbers, information and knowledge. You gamble hoping the outcome will come out fine.

...............yes hoping the outcome will come out fine, and many will add IN JESUS NAME grin grin grin Whereas Jesus did not tell them to not do their Due Diligence grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:58am On Jan 22, 2018
Access want to do full bid today?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 11:00am On Jan 22, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

For the first time, as I stated earlier, OANDO is on my WATCHLIST.
I will trade with GHOSTS in 2018!
I am at the age of being an ancestor too!
ROTFL..... hahahaha. Nothing person no go hear here oohh
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 11:03am On Jan 22, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

Abeg DeProf, run small commentary on the outlook of the market nah. Not everyone can peep, and not everyone has a binoculars. Pls, pls, pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 11:05am On Jan 22, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

I think your school fees is on the high side, but I am sure you got a quality and functional education from the Nigerian stock market.
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:05am On Jan 22, 2018
tritritri:

Kai am how did u coup afterwards?

Only this year January that I recovered ALL.
I took a very bold decision to enter Diamond/Transcorp/Access with ALL my cash.
I mopped up Transcorp and Diamond as if tomorrow was not coming.
I am in green presently.
I am presently in ONE stock only with ALL MY CASH.... grin
A very dangerous decision, but I either live well or die, I do not need Life support machine.... grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:05am On Jan 22, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

Calling all board members , it's board meeting wk next week
cool cool cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:09am On Jan 22, 2018
fxuser:

Calling all board members , it's board meeting wk next week
cool cool cool

My only holding!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samzepaparazi: 11:13am On Jan 22, 2018
Tranacorp is such a drama qween.

20m bids to 1m offers
Yet still now selling at max price.

Kilode gan

Seriously thinking of decamping to Diamond angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by totit: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bolabiyi: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2018
samzepaparazi:
Tranacorp is such a drama qween.
20m bids to 1m offers Yet still now selling at max price.
Kilode gan
enemies within are d worst types of enemies.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 11:16am On Jan 22, 2018
150million shares of Transcorp has been done on cross deal this morning. There is no telling where this one is headed for. May be #5.

The big seller of Access shares seems to 've retreated a bit.

UBA also waking up.

GTB is leading the way this morning.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 11:17am On Jan 22, 2018
Transcorp already traded over 500m units?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 11:19am On Jan 22, 2018
wanaj0:

Now 971m mainly in blocks of 50m units.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BMZK: 11:20am On Jan 22, 2018
wanaj0:

It is now over 800m units... Scaring volume!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 11:21am On Jan 22, 2018
wanaj0:

Oga Wanaj0, what other things did you see? Access, Ucap, FBNH, UBA, etc.

If GTB moves further, how justifiable?

I think some mysteries are yet to be revealed grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 11:21am On Jan 22, 2018
What is actually TRASCORP#s Outstanding Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) (3009) (3010) (3011) ... (7815) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ekkywolex(m), Prince081, jaybee3(m), cream4eva(f), Coolcash1, USAfall2024, Felab18, onegentleguy and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.