Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10943389 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3402) (3403) (3404) (3405) (3406) (3407) (3408) ... (7773) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 8:40pm On Apr 10, 2018
currentprice:
Up Liverpool
grin

YNWA
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 8:42pm On Apr 10, 2018
mendes911:
Brent Cruse above 71 dollars. Wonderful things always happen each time Gen. BuBu goes to London. May he remain there for long!
If Garba grab you, the whole NSEMPA no go fit rescue you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2018
oh my God $71.24.Good time for oando and shareholders.Good time for banks like fcmb,fbn and diamond.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2018
pluto09:

The kind of growth seeing in DF and DS last year is not sustainable.
Those who are interested should go through the financial statements of both companies for the past 7 to 10 years.

Because it has left your bustop. When you were busy buying it last year and making money from it, its growth was sustainable o. Kwuantinu undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2018
pluto09:

Trust alhaji, he doesn't burden his companies with unnecessary debt.
A big chunk of that debt in DF is for LC, will post the details tomorrow when I'm less busy.
The man just used style collect money to pay for cheap wheat in advance.
Alhaji na smart guy

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2018
pluto09:

Sold my DF today to buy more of that concentrated nonsense and one agba stock (with heavy volume today ).

The market dynamics is indeed changing grin

.n
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2018
pluto09:

I can't understand why you sold in the first place.
Is it because of all the noise?
There is nothing to fear in the market as the recent pull back is normal and healthy for the system.
Just like oga Wanajo said, oil price is the most important thing in Nigeria, there is no economy policy anywhere.

DF still represents a good value at current price and there is room for more upward movement.
With DF and DS, you will do well if you follow
the price of raw sugar and wheat at the international market.

Posted this when DF was N17+
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 9:50pm On Apr 10, 2018
Pls any news on Fidelity bank account and Oando

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 9:51pm On Apr 10, 2018
Any date on closure of register as regards NPFMCRBANK

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 10:11pm On Apr 10, 2018
valentinenwoko:
Any date on closure of register as regards NPFMCRBANK
That is the problem I am having ó, they are yet to give the dividend information. I guess they are waiting for their Q1 results to be filed before they announce it. Same with Lasaco and CCNN
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 10:19pm On Apr 10, 2018
https://trwstockbrokers./2018/04/10/med-view-airline-suspends-international-flight-operations/
Why do they have to give out dividend instead of retaining their peanut to save their operation.
Thanks to all the ogas who save me from this stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anyanwu58: 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2018
onegentleguy:

My Oga the 1st part of ur post in bold seem to contradict the parts in bold from ur 2nd post below.
...if indeed as u profess, the man Dangote stays away from coys where the barrier of entry is low, then he wouldn't be heading Dangote Flour !!
While I wouldn't dispute the fact that DF isn't the market leader in the flour segment, I insist however that it would be drawing up very stiff inference for anyone to conclude that they can not sustain their earnings going forward. (...as u highlighted in the part in italics).

Let's go a bit down memory lane; am sure ur aware that union dicon salt use to be the market leader by miles before now. ...as at the time, NASCON which is now the market leader was a relatively small firm. ... but it was Dangote who impressed and turned things around.
So are his other coys. ...for DS and DC weren't market leaders from Adam. ...they grew over time to assume those positions.
That said, I am not saying that DF can usurp FLOURMILLS as the market leader in no time.
...my point however is that given where DF was, is and is currently headed to, we need to give some kudos to the management for a job well done.
For even on a ROE and ROI basis, an Investor is by miles better off now than when the Tiger brand folks were there. ...and continues to fair much better.
So we need to see things as they realy are (at least from a result perspective) and not assume that the 'future can only be a mirage'.
Again I find it a bit surprising on how u presume that the man Dangote would've been a complete no-do-well but for the favoured monopoly and government support he supposedly receives.
Pls let me ask u Sir; would u or any investor had been better off if indeed Dangote had lacked any kind of government support?
...I would've thought the paramount concern of any investor should be to reap a good ROI, and if this comes with any kind support, then all the more better.
Let's face facts; Nigeria is a country where the ease of doing business is near zero. ...and the last time I checked, no business/firm can successfully and sustainably thrive 'big time' in this clime without some measure of government support in one form or the other. ...no matter how little, something must have to give.
Perhaps the reason we give a bit of prominence to that of Dangote is because he's always had a good romance with every govt from the last 2 decade. ...but that's a good thing for any shareholder/stakeholder involved with any of his firm. ...that's why his coys always get a good rating and credibility from the investment world.
There is a reason why most acclaimed world rating agencies give due consideration to the perceived extent of govt support as a forward looking measure, when trying to guage the future performance and/or strength of a company/firm. ...as a matter of fact, the core of the FPIs don't joke with this whenever they wish to key into a coy.
But with or without any support, performance is what counts and so thats where we should put our minds on. ...and as far I am concerned, Alhajis performances are to a good extent remarkable !!
However, its not all the time that he gets those acclaimed support. ...I'll give u a quick example; been in the telecom sector I can categorically tell u that the same man(Dangote) did infact lose out in his secret quest to buy off ETISALAT using one of the initially touted bidders. ...but most folks are not aware of this. So its not always the case that he gets support all the time.

In all, for as long as any form of govt support goes down well for an Investor, then it's very much a welcome development. ...we need it.
Note however that am not trying to be overtly optimistic. ...am only been someone who sees things as they truly are. That said, if tomorrow Dangote fails to do anything right, I''ll also air my view.
But whether there is some support or not, It should never be a yardstick to ad judge the performance of the man Dangote.
Let's admit to the fact that the man has over the years performed creditably well.

Cheers Sir !!

Wow. U can type lengthy words. Hope u are not Duduspace(SMN)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 10:50pm On Apr 10, 2018
currentprice:
Not insurance stock

Buyer have interest in learn Africa but no seller. So it not learn Africa my boss.

grin grin

Zenith bank.....which other one sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2018
pluto09:

Let look at the figures once again so that we can argue to gain something.

We start with DF;

Turnover in 2017 is 125b and 105b in 2016, that is about 20% increase.

Gross profit in 2017 is 29.3b and in 2016 ,it is also 29.3b, that is 0% increase.

Operating profit in 2017 is 18.5b and in 2016,18.9b,zero % increase.

PAT in 2017 is 15.1b while it is 10.5b in 2016, about 50% increase.

Now, if we discount the gain on sale of asset and finance income in the 2017 report, the PAT would have been less than that of 2016.

Then,looking at the result q/q, we will see a slow down in the last quarter which naturally should be the strongest.

Turnover for the whole year is 125b but the company only recorded a sale of 25b in the last quarter.

Operating profit for 2017 is 18.5b but only 3.2b was made in the last quarter.

PAT for the whole year is 15.1 with the last quarter having just 2b.

I can see a slow down in turnover and PAT q/q and that is why I said it would be difficult to sustain a 50% growth this year.
wanaj0:

You can either invest with emotions or with facts/figures.

DF CANNOT sustain a 50% annual growth rate in profit year on year continuously. The Q4 result is already an indication of what is happening.

Then lets all agree to disagree. ...and allow Mr TIME the luxury to put things in perspective.
I already saw and analysed their figures before given my inference.
...perhaps some things are better left unsaid.
Pls I wouldn't want to extend this any further.
I can not argue with u my ogas !!

Cheers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Xharlesis: 11:08pm On Apr 10, 2018
Hmmm this stock market ehh i never understand am oh
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:18pm On Apr 10, 2018
Where is my Ruggedprof. wink cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:18pm On Apr 10, 2018
currentprice:
there are 2 particular stock that are very likely be in the top gainer this year but both have coma, the coma might be the reason pple don't coment on it.

onegentleguy did coment/post on one but never coment on the 2nd.

oya throw stones, already have my hat on

grin
currentprice:

Upl year end is March, so Audit report is not out yet till June.
Not insurance grin

The 2 stock already release result with very good numbers but buyer have no interest due to the other factors.

Abeg check the result released so far to see for yourself

grin grin grin

CODE 007. wink cheesy grin

#BELIEVE
#ANDKEEPBELIEVING
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MishdaFish: 11:33pm On Apr 10, 2018
Hallo house, am not a regular commentor here, please I need to attend the forthcoming Zenith Bank AGM in Abj to ofcourse to eat part of my loss money! Do I need to carry any thing apart from means of Identification. Is there any site I can download the invite for AGM? Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by saibuhari(m): 11:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
A quick question to the experts here. I desire to buy Glaxo shares because of the generous dividends they declared. But i want to know the following:

1. Is it a good buy at this time, as I intend to hold only for a short while?
2. How liquid is it if i want to sell it?
3. Is there any other reason apart from the dividend declared why i should look long term with it?

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 11:54pm On Apr 10, 2018
Chai !!! See Jaizbank from 1.29 down to 0.63 nawa

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:53am On Apr 11, 2018
locodemy:

No need to waste our time guessing unless they are wife materials.
Are you saying they are good to buy now after they have been on the list of top gainers since this year?
rationalmind:

One is Custodian, coma is being in the insurance sector and very illiquid. Got no idea of the second smiley
veecovee:
I doubt if this yr would favour ur UPL

Hat kee? helmet no go even safe u from those stone coolcash carry grin
phemmie06:

Sir if I get it you will give me just 100 unit of Nestlé if I get it wrong I will give you my dáar comms and Chams.
NPF or Caverton
ukay2:

Zenith bank.....which other one sir

Dear all,
Just do a remote check between SEPLAT, CAVERTON, MAY & BAKER, TRANSCORP, OKOMU OIL PALM, C&I LEASING, ZENITH, CCNN, FIDSON, CUTIX, DANGOTE FLOUR, DANGOTE SUGAR, ETERNA, JULIUS BERGER, NPFMCFB, AFPRUD, FLOURMILLS, and HONEYWELL FLOUR.

Hint;
Assuming we decide to seperate these 18 coys into 3 bags of 6 each, then;
The probability that the said 2 coys might be within the 1st 6 (...the 1st bag) will be equivalent to 1.
The probability that they could be among the next 6 is greater than 1/6 but less than 1/3
While the probability that they could be among the last 6 is less than or equal to 1/6. wink cheesy

Hopefully, u would be able to find the said 2 coys and perhaps an additional 6. ...that's a total of 8.
...I believe that the breakthrough coys for 2018 will fall within at least 6 of them.

But whatever u do, be on look out for WEMA, NASCON and never forget UPL and the other coys from the REVELATION.

Good luck to us all.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 1:57am On Apr 11, 2018
currentprice:

Not insurance grin

The 2 stock already release result with very good numbers but buyer have no interest due to the other factors.

grin grin grin

Oga CP, for the sake of learners and night workers, enlighten us with your profound wisdom. I will not throw stones.

Give us 4 options, we can run from there...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 3:29am On Apr 11, 2018
locodemy:
oh my God $71.24.Good time for oando and shareholders.Good time for banks like fcmb,fbn and diamond.

Kontinu Sir grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 3:43am On Apr 11, 2018
Zenith Bank's results beat forecasts - Vanguard News
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/zenith-bank-declares-n785-19bn-gross-earnings-2017/
Please any one know why the price is dropping despite the above "good" result?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 4:27am On Apr 11, 2018
Trustgt:
Good evening house, can I get suggestion on stocks to buy now for future good returns.
I am not in haste for good returns, but looking at 2 or 3 years down the line.
Thanks.
go and buy equity mutual funds..

Or simply do treasury bills...
Even the "gurus" here are not sharing stock picks now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 11, 2018
currentprice:

Not insurance grin

grin grin grin

NCR and Learn Africa.

The illiquidity no be here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:25am On Apr 11, 2018
wanaj0:

You can either invest with emotions or with facts/figures.

DF CANNOT sustain a 50% annual growth rate in profit year on year continuously. The Q4 result is already an indication of what is happening.

50% Y-o-Y growth rate is not easy na.

But the company should be growing knowing that it lost the market share not long ago.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:47am On Apr 11, 2018
RealityShot:
Zenith Bank's results beat forecasts - Vanguard News
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/zenith-bank-declares-n785-19bn-gross-earnings-2017/
Please any one know why the price is dropping despite the above "good" result?
...smart monies want to scare dull monies away before taking the stock high. It is going to demand level
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 7:00am On Apr 11, 2018
OakPearl:
We are at that time of the year when value investing decisions are most accurately made.
Fundamental analysis proponents this will interest you.
Will be worth the while, to therefore cherry pick stocks with great value but seriously undervalued now.
Last year about this time, there were a handful of them ala Fidelity @ N0.90, UBA @ N4.50, Dangflour @N4.50, FBN @ N3.50, Zenith @N15.00 etc.
For the benefit of NSEMPA members please.

Disclosure: Yours truly have them all and cant be tempted to sell just yet as their dividend yield have become unbeatable.

FA gurus we could uncover yet great value stocks again.
Your honest opinions and supporting arguments pls.
CC: wanaj0, pluto9, currentprice, emmanuelewumi, agbalowomeri, and the TA gurus fxuser, BullBearMkt, etc.
...nice 1. I remember we embarked on similar activity last year and it was fruitful. Great initiative, looking forward to contributions from forumites.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:45am On Apr 11, 2018
BARGAIN HUNTERS should book their flight between now and friday. They will soon close boarding gate.

"2018 is The GAME"

*ThE OcToPuS*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:47am On Apr 11, 2018
currentprice:
Up Liverpool
grin

We don't walk alone smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 7:55am On Apr 11, 2018
WE NEED BRENT OIL ABOVE $71.30
Since the beginning of 2018, Oil have tested resistance around 71.30 3 times, and the first 2 saw the price dropping. We are at the level again since yesterday. Looking back, this level acted as a strong resistance around this time in 2015 - Chart 2! Implication is that this is a strong level and oil price has high probability of dropping again.

Since Nigerian economy depend solely on oil, we need Brent Oil to close above 71.30. If this happened, it's next bus stop is $90 and Nigerian stock market will be a great beneficiary & so those that participate therein grin

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3402) (3403) (3404) (3405) (3406) (3407) (3408) ... (7773) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Audacius, stcool(m), GORRET(f), ogoo4real, megawealth01, sterlingD(m), freeman67, ositadima1(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.