Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:46 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11024246 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3403) (3404) (3405) (3406) (3407) (3408) (3409) ... (7801) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 8:01am On Apr 11, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

NCR and Learn Africa.
The illiquidity no be here.
Who have seen NASCON results
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 8:06am On Apr 11, 2018
MishdaFish:
Hallo house, am not a regular commentor here, please I need to attend the forthcoming Zenith Bank AGM in Abj to ofcourse to eat part of my loss money! Do I need to carry any thing apart from means of Identification. Is there any site I can download the invite for AGM? Thank you.
The only thing you need is your details (names, phn numbers, address)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:07am On Apr 11, 2018
The Chief Executive Officer, MTN Group, Rob Shuter has said that the telecommunications firm expects the listing of its Nigerian unit on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) to be done by the end of 2018.

Shuter, according to Reuters, said “we are progressing very well with the Nigerian listing and if market conditions are appropriate, we will conclude that by the end of the year. He declined to provide more details on the process.

MTN agreed to the NSE initial public offering (IPO) as part of the settlement of a $1 billion fine imposed by local regulators in 2015. Africa’s biggest wireless operator by sales incurred the penalty after missing a deadline to disconnect unregistered subscribers amid a security crackdown in the West African country.

Nigeria is the largest of the company’s 22 markets across Africa and the Middle East. The South African telecommunications giant controls 36.4 per cent of the market and by so doing servicing 53.4 million users in the country.
MTN is planning to raise at least $500 million from the sale of shares, people familiar with the preparations for the listing said. The company could dispose of as much as 30 per cent of its Lagos-based unit, the people, who asked not to be identified as the details aren’t public, said in February.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/04/mtn-nigeria-hinges-500m-ipo-on-improved.html?m=1

Telecommunications company, MTN Group, and Pan-African banking conglomerate, Ecobank, have come together to provide mobile financial services across the various African countries where they currently operate.

While signing a Memorandum of Understanding to seal the partnership in Lagos on Tuesday, the companies said they would work together to deliver a distinct customer experience by allowing access to affordable financial services via MTN Mobile Money and Ecobank banking services.

http://punchng.com/ecobank-mtn-in-joint-cross-border-mobile-financial-services/ smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 8:18am On Apr 11, 2018
MishdaFish:
Hallo house, am not a regular commentor here, please I need to attend the forthcoming Zenith Bank AGM in Abj to ofcourse to eat part of my loss money! Do I need to carry any thing apart from means of Identification. Is there any site I can download the invite for AGM? Thank you.
When you get the venue you will get it but send my own cooperate gift ó

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:19am On Apr 11, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 8:20am On Apr 11, 2018
MSCI ADDITION FOR 10 APRIL 2018/GENERAL MARKET COMMENT

The buyers are still few, but with the current price of oil, I am expecting more buyers to start sneaking into the market. Looking at the weekly/monthly fund’s portfolio gain/loss, we can see the loss is reduced compared with the Friday 6th April 2018 figures (see my posting on Monday https://www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick/3396#66548482).

In terms of current buyers’ apathy, I cannot blame anybody. The type of losses our portfolio has suffered recently does not make anybody a happy investor. Even if we have not suffered a loss, the gain will be very little. Just like me, after waiting for about one week for a stock to come down to my level to buy and reduce my total acquisition cost, I had to go for another stock as I do not wish to add to that stock at a higher cost when I am already in a loss position. In line with market dictate, we need to slow down, till we see momentum returning to the market.

You may want to confirm the reliability of what I am posting, verify from this site: http://portfolios.morningstar.com/fund/holdings?t=NGE what you will see will be the information you have received on Monday or it has been updated (will be what we have had on Tuesday). Therefore, I want to assure you that as much as possible you are getting the fact plus additional information to take a good investment decision.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 8:28am On Apr 11, 2018
saibuhari:
A quick question to the experts here. I desire to buy Glaxo shares because of the generous dividends they declared. But i want to know the following:

1. Is it a good buy at this time, as I intend to hold only for a short while?
2. How liquid is it if i want to sell it?
3. Is there any other reason apart from the dividend declared why i should look long term with it?

Thanks.
Either it is a good buy or not only you can determine that.
What was the highest price it has traded before the announcement of the dividend.
Have you checked their AFS?
Cost of sales grow more than 100%
EPS is 41k
DPS 40k
You can do your DD.
I am not an expert.
I also have some tasere unit
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 8:32am On Apr 11, 2018
BullBearMkt:

...smart monies want to scare dull monies away before taking the stock high. It is going to demand level
grin grin grin grin grin
and what is demand level in your opinion (perhaps one can reenter close to that..)
Don't want 2008 to repeat itself ever again ...
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 8:33am On Apr 11, 2018
RealityShot:
Zenith Bank's results beat forecasts - Vanguard News
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/zenith-bank-declares-n785-19bn-gross-earnings-2017/
Please any one know why the price is dropping despite the above "good" result?
Ask Sir Oracle. His pillow asset can make the stock hit a new high for 90 consecutive days

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 8:42am On Apr 11, 2018
BullBearMkt:
WE NEED BRENT OIL ABOVE $71.30
Since the beginning of 2018, Oil have tested resistance around 71.30 3 times, and the first 2 saw the price dropping. We are at the level again since yesterday. Looking back, this level acted as a strong resistance around this time in 2015 - Chart 2! Implication is that this is a strong level and oil price has high probability of dropping again.

Since Nigerian economy depend solely on oil, we need Brent Oil to close above 71.30. If this happened, it's next bus stop is $90 and Nigerian stock market will be a great beneficiary & so those that participate therein grin

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin
solar power is getting cheaper. In fact lead panels may half costs soon.

Tesla is really pushing over 8000 units per year (last year ; sold more than any other fueled company)

Oil might not be obsolete any time soon (if ever) but it's price can not rise as before.

Do know that America has began building up to 54 MW solar power plants (with battery storage!) ?

Let's work with current crude price and stop hoping for higher... Only global disasters can make price rise now.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 8:44am On Apr 11, 2018
locodemy:
oh my God $71.24.Good time for oando and shareholders.Good time for banks like fcmb,fbn and diamond.
Bull Loading.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:47am On Apr 11, 2018
saibuhari:
A quick question to the experts here. I desire to buy Glaxo shares because of the generous dividends they declared. But i want to know the following:

1. Is it a good buy at this time, as I intend to hold only for a short while?
2. How liquid is it if i want to sell it?
3. Is there any other reason apart from the dividend declared why i should look long term with it?

Thanks.
...to add to @phemmie06 contribution, the stock is showing higher-high (sign of good stock). It could continue higher from this level, but a good entry point will be at the highlight level when there are signs of rejection.

In term of liquidity, I don't think this should be an issue as experience show that a rallying stocks attract much participation from buyers
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 8:47am On Apr 11, 2018
Coolcash1:

grin

These are rocks oooooooooo. Jesu
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:47am On Apr 11, 2018
currentprice:
Not insurance stock

Buyer have interest in learn Africa but no seller. So it not learn Africa my boss.

grin grin
shebi them say u wear iron hat u want tell the house the stocks, abi make I touch the trigger embarassed
Coolcash come load more here ... Make we just wait for am small

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 9:02am On Apr 11, 2018
phemmie06:

Who have seen NASCON results

Check NSE website or this thread...go back to mid March date.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:14am On Apr 11, 2018
RealityShot:
solar power is getting cheaper. In fact lead panels may half costs soon.

Tesla is really pushing over 8000 units per year (last year ; sold more than any other fueled company)

Oil might not be obsolete any time soon (if ever) but it's price can not rise as before.

Do know that America has began building up to 54 MW solar power plants (with battery storage!) ?

Let's work with current crude price and stop hoping for higher... Only global disasters can make price rise now.
...interesting, sometimes in June 2017, I read a write-up by an energy expert providing reasons why oil price cannot rise above $50 again. One of the things he talked about was solar power! I remember, I then looked at the chart & saw oil accumulation going on. Well, the rest for me is history as we are talking oil passing $71.30!

Tesla, Google, Microsoft, Uber, GM and many others have been spending huge amount of money to ensure we have solar driven cars. Great inventions, but are they ripe now? Check news recently, many electric driven cars have been suspended temporarily due to accidents and many more!

As for me, what is more important is the price chart other things are noise! When the time is ripe, chart will indicates the range oil will be trading either disaster or unrest pushing the price higher or increase in oil supply, solar innovation will drop the price, chart will say it.
grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 9:34am On Apr 11, 2018
BullBearMkt:

...interesting, sometimes in June 2017, I read a write-up by an energy expert providing reasons why oil price cannot rise above $50 again. One of the things he talked about was solar power! I remember, I then looked at the chart & saw oil accumulation going on. Well, the rest for me is history as we are talking oil passing $71.30!

Tesla, Google, Microsoft, Uber, GM and many others have been spending huge amount of money to ensure we have solar driven cars. Great inventions, but are they ripe now? Check news recently, many electric driven cars have been suspended temporarily due to accidents and many more!

As for me, what is more important is the price chart other things are noise! When the time is ripe, chart will indicates the range oil will be trading either disaster or unrest pushing the price higher or increase in oil supply, solar innovation will drop the price, chart will say it.
grin grin grin grin grin

Fossil fuel is expected to still provide over 50% of world energy for the next 25years at LEAST.

Those using firewood now will need energy but doubt they will make a leap to 'clean energy'.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 9:36am On Apr 11, 2018
BullBearMkt:

grin grin grin grin grin
The news below might be the sole push on crude now... Is it a permanent situation?
Remember, I didn't say price won't rise in the near future; I said don't hope on that; trade the current price.

Trump cancels South America trip to 'oversee the American
response to Syria'
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/10/trump-cancels-south-america-trip-to-oversee-the-american-response-to-syria.html
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:37am On Apr 11, 2018
wanaj0:

Fossil fuel is expected to still provide over 50% of world energy for the next 25years at LEAST.

Those using firewood now will need energy but doubt they will make a leap to 'clean energy'.
So what are you buying naa.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 9:43am On Apr 11, 2018
wanaj0:

now that's a fact.

Clean energy is still expensive... But as of today, solar has beat hydro and wind technologies in price.
The lead panels (Google it) will likely halve the cost of solar panels...
What's left will be battery cost. (which is not compulsory)

Anyways.. This mtn IPO is it worth buying or wait till after like PA Emma advises?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:44am On Apr 11, 2018
RealityShot:

The news below might be the sole push on crude now... Is it a permanent situation?
Remember, I didn't say price won't rise in the near future; I said don't hope on that; trade the current price.

Trump cancels South America trip to 'oversee the American
response to Syria'
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/10/trump-cancels-south-america-trip-to-oversee-the-american-response-to-syria.html
...@RealityShot, my trading style/strategy never depend on hope. I trade what the market says, hard data. The scenario I gave on oil has nothing to do with hope but actual data, both past & present to predict possible outcome for the future, that is technical analysis.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 9:49am On Apr 11, 2018
Mpeace:
So what are you buying naa.
I saw on channels TV that NSE has lifted suspension on oando shares. how true is this?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 9:49am On Apr 11, 2018
OandO suspension lifted. Shares on bid! Those who want top BUY better BUY now smiley

Oil na Oil oooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 9:59am On Apr 11, 2018
BullBearMkt:

...@RealityShot, my trading style/strategy never depend on hope. I trade what the market says, hard data. The scenario I gave on oil has nothing to do with hope but actual data, both past & present to predict possible outcome for the future, that is technical analysis.
grin grin grin grin grin
cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:59am On Apr 11, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

50% Y-o-Y growth rate is not easy na.

But the company should be growing knowing that it lost the market share not long ago.

Thank u my dear,
I had wanted to ask him to pls tell us how many coys on the NSE bourse has sustainably and consistently delivered a 50% Y/Y profit growth rate without some ups and downs in between.
...not even FLOURMILLS, the market leader in the segment has done that without vicissitudes.

It's always easy to make/give projections when ur viewing things from the outside.
But like I said then, some things are better left unsaid.
...Mr TIME will lay credence to what's left.

I have since decided to agree so we could disagree.

Cheers my dear !!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:04am On Apr 11, 2018
Bull buzzing
Bring it on
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:09am On Apr 11, 2018
yom2:
I saw on channels TV that NSE has lifted suspension on oando shares. how true is this?

And that chairman "sighted" Oando and still left without enjoying the bull! Village people wicked shaaa. Very wicked.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:14am On Apr 11, 2018
mendes911:

And that chairman "sighted" Oando and still left without enjoying the bull! Village people wicked shaaa. Very wicked.
In fact ehn that him village ehn.......
Abeg tell me your village Sam Loco so that I stop passing through that place
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 11, 2018
wanaj0:
OandO suspension lifted. Shares on bid! Those who want top BUY better BUY now smiley

Oil na Oil oooo

Why is loco not just lucky
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 11, 2018
BBM which level is demand level ? (Zenith)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:19am On Apr 11, 2018
Yayira:
BBM which level is demand level ? (Zenith)
...my sister na another way to say SUPPORT ooo. For Zenith stock, price is now hovering on the level now. Let's see if there will be any rejection sign today or tomorrow
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:21am On Apr 11, 2018
onegentleguy:
Where is my Ruggedprof. wink cheesy grin

Present Sir!

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3403) (3404) (3405) (3406) (3407) (3408) (3409) ... (7801) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.