Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10851250 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (7742) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2013
debostar: I hope we are not having a market bubble similar to that of 2008.All the stocks are crashing at a rate faster than they rise.he When the shares were appreciating ,the 10% rise did not apply,but when they are depreciating by as much as 10% per day.I suspect manipulation in the Nigerian stock market. Where are the so called market makers who are supposed to be like circuit breakers

see oppurtunities are being created for money to be made and you are complaining!

ok o! you can tell that to poeple that made 100% on Diamongd bank, UBA and sterling bank late last year!

abeg let the fall continue joor! lets the panic sellers sell down!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 12:39pm On Apr 10, 2013
frond:

If you did this when Oceanic Bank fell from 35 Naira to 20 Naira in 2008 (that is buy more when the price is down)I wondered whether you wouldn't have lost everything now. It is not a good strategy to buy more when the price is down. This is a loser strategy. You bought a share with the intention it would go up, but it fell. That mean you got it wrong. Take your lost and run. The best strategy is to buy more when you get it right not when the market move against you. However you can be lucky this type of strategy can work for you once or twice, but mark me you will regret it when you see the other side of this kind of strategy.

Say it again !!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
has anyone seen first bank result? why is it seeing red this much?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 1:27pm On Apr 10, 2013
what I mean by 'when the price is down, is when the stock has got to the parking lot. He who is down fears no fall. What else should you do than to add money in order to exploit another upward movement that is bound to happen to companies with good fundamentals? Surpose you add money to a bull run that has reached it's reversal point? You know this is what the experts are saying.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2013
valacious: has anyone seen first bank result? why is it seeing red this much?

valacious, please how do you view live trading prices?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 2:19pm On Apr 10, 2013
Waiting till friday to do some buying time is reap
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 10, 2013
shigidi:

www.nse.com.ng
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 10, 2013
shigidi:

at times when nse.com.ng doesnt connect, u can go to stockmarketnigeria.com, then click view pricelist on FT, bloomberg, or reuters.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
na wao! whats up with firstbank now? thank God that i sold part of firstbank to buy okomuoil that has now paid me 12% under few days. still waiting!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 8:47pm On Apr 10, 2013
Guys A̶̲̥̅♏ advising you to buy Okomu oil as much as you can while the stock lasts bcoz d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ are planning to increase production this year Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ mind you, the May 13th maturation date į̸̸̨§ just by the corner. Smart guys have discovered that there į̸̸̨§ so much prospect in Okomu oil in the short, medium Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ long terms Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ they are going ƒσя ∫t as one can see that in today's sudden appreciation from about .80k to N9 in less than 1hr b4 the end of the market. Okomu oil has the following things working ƒσя ∫t presently in the market
1. Good Management
2.Transparency to Itڪ shareholders
3. Good annual report both in bonuses Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ dividends (Imagine 1 ƒσя 1 Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ N7 at a blow!)
4. Government supports in policy Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ others
5. Recent dclaration by Itڪ MD of their increament in production to boost exports
I hope they wil forge ahead Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ keep the vision intact. Long live Okomu oil! Long live the fed rep of Nig.! Long live Ǻƪƪ our Nairaland investors

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabriely2k(m): 1:15am On Apr 11, 2013
This is cockastic!! shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 2:36am On Apr 11, 2013
MY OGA MY OGA YOU DAY YOU DAY SE WAYTIN DIAMOND BANK DON DO TO OUR OUR STOCKS, I DAY I DAY I DAY LOOK OOOOO........ cry kiss
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goldng: 7:56am On Apr 11, 2013
It appears this is a period of the bears.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 8:28am On Apr 11, 2013
goldng: It appears this is a period of the bears.

This means its time to buy!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frcxs(m): 8:43am On Apr 11, 2013
I have a question about Okomu oil. Please can someone tell us what changed? what have they done differently? hope people have not started manipulations again?
who has analyzed their financials in the last 3yrs and identified what changed. where are they getting the money from? what did they sell in terms of coy property?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Usman4: 9:45am On Apr 11, 2013
[i][/i]
stockbull: If you are investor in the Nigeria stock market and you are active investor , follow this thread as I will be posting stocks that would make significant gains and the time limit based on my perspective.
Please help a brother out! !How can I invest in Nigeria stock market? I do not live in Nigeria. How can I avoid getting ripped off by scrupulous elements in the kountry. Papaking3@yahoo. Com is my email address.

DISCLAIMER
YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR TRUSTED INVESTING COUNSELLOR OR YOUR BROKER BEFORE YOU INVEST IN MY RECOMMENDED STOCKS AS YOU KNOW STOCKS RESPOND TO NEWS AND NO ONE CAN PREDICT WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ANY STOCK IN THE NEXT DAY AND THE FUTURE DECISION OF ANY COMPANY 'S MANAGEMENT
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 10:42am On Apr 11, 2013
Usman4: [i][/i]
You are right but even sometimes the broker get it wrong, cos some broker predicted the continuation of the bullish trend this week, but reverse is the case.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 11:59am On Apr 11, 2013
feelamong:

This means its time to buy!!!
Seconded!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2013
gosj: Guys A̶̲̥̅♏ advising you to buy Okomu oil as much as you can while the stock lasts bcoz d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ are planning to increase production this year Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ mind you, the May 13th maturation date į̸̸̨§ just by the corner. Smart guys have discovered that there į̸̸̨§ so much prospect in Okomu oil in the short, medium Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ long terms Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ they are going ƒσя ∫t as one can see that in today's sudden appreciation from about .80k to N9 in less than 1hr b4 the end of the market. Okomu oil has the following things working ƒσя ∫t presently in the market
1. Good Management
2.Transparency to Itڪ shareholders
3. Good annual report both in bonuses Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ dividends (Imagine 1 ƒσя 1 Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ N7 at a blow!)
4. Government supports in policy Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ others
5. Recent dclaration by Itڪ MD of their increament in production to boost exports
I hope they wil forge ahead Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ keep the vision intact. Long live Okomu oil! Long live the fed rep of Nig.! Long live Ǻƪƪ our Nairaland investors

This is not the right time to buy or increase your holdings in Okomu, you can do this after the price is marked down.i have been a shareholder of Okomu for close to 10 years, and I can tell you that the best is yet to come from the Oil Palm and rubber plantation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2013
frcxs: I have a question about Okomu oil. Please can someone tell us what changed? what have they done differently? hope people have not started manipulations again?
who has analyzed their financials in the last 3yrs and identified what changed. where are they getting the money from? what did they sell in terms of coy property?

The internet will help to research into the company's performance for the past 10 years. The company is consistent with dividend payment since it was listed. They have being ingback some of their profits for the past 10 years, they paid a dividend of N5.00 last year and think the best is yet to come from well managed companies in the Agricultural sector.

That is Presco and Okomu, but unfortunately the companies that are doing well in the Agricultural sector are about 50% owned by foreigners, I have not seen a 100% wholly owned Nigerian company in the Agricultural sector that is doing very well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
manie:

This is not the right time to buy or increase your holdings in Okomu, you can do this after the price is marked down.i have been a shareholder of Okomu for close to 10 years, and I can tell you that the best is yet to come from the Oil Palm and rubber plantation.

Agreed 100%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 5:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
manie:

The internet will help to research into the company's performance for the past 10 years. The company is consistent with dividend payment since it was listed. They have being ingback some of their profits for the past 10 years, they paid a dividend of N5.00 last year and think the best is yet to come from well managed companies in the Agricultural sector.

That is Presco and Okomu, but unfortunately the companies that are doing well in the Agricultural sector are about 50% owned by foreigners, I have not seen a 100% wholly owned Nigerian company in the Agricultural sector that is doing very well.

I agree with your analysis. If you're to pick between okomu and presco today at their current prices, which company would you pick and why?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
Zenith Bank Plc hosted a teleconference call with its senior management this afternoon, April 8, 2013 to discuss its FY 2012 financial results for the benefit of analysts and investors. Below are key highlights from the call:

The Bank's remarkable FY 2012 performance (with strong growth across key income lines) rode on the back of sustained robust growth in net interest income (driven by an expansion in NIM's) and fee-based income. The banks NIM was bolstered by interest income on Loans and Advances and Treasury Bills contributing 52.0% and 34.0% respectively to total interest income, derived mostly from its Nigerian operations, which accounted for 95.5% of gross earnings.

Explanation of the basis for Low Tax Charge in FY 2012;

In FY 2012, the Group had a total tax charge of N1.4bn representing about N17.3bn reductions from prior period charge of N18.7 billion. The bank attributed the significant reduction in the tax charge to tax credit which the bank enjoyed as a result of tax exemptions on certain income, especially income on FGN bonds (interest received on FGN Bonds is not subject to withholding tax and company income tax) and reversal of deferred tax liabilities. As a result of its huge investment in government securities, the bank obtained a negative taxable income of N19.0m which ultimately led to the application of the minimal tax rule, resulting in a charge of N2.47bn.

NPL's fell more than 300bps to 3.2% from 6.5% in FY 2011, one of the lowest in the industry and bringing the Bank's key asset quality metric closer to its historic levels. The bank's robust risk management strategy and its conservative approach to business may have accounted for such a low rate.

The management of the Bank is very positive in its outlook on the Bank's FY2013 performance and so are we. NIMs are expected to remain at current levels (sustaining the robust growth seen in net interest income in FY 2012), while the Bank's healthy & very liquid balance sheet (evidenced by the relatively low loans-to-deposit ratio of 52.6%) leaves a lot of allowance for credit growth in the year 2013.

Management intends to grow loans and advances by 15%-20% in FY2013, by exploring the potential opportunities in the power sector while maintain its huge investment weight in treasury bills and FGN bonds based on the post-tax yield effect compared to loans and advances. Furthermore, the bank intends to lower its cost to income ratio below 52% in FY2013.

Based on this impressive performance and bloomy outlook in FY 2013, we reiterate our ACCUMULATE rating on the counter in the short term. Our long term rating, which is however currently under review, will be provided in a subsequent publication following a more detailed analysis and revision to our forecasts.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Benjoh(m): 7:01am On Apr 12, 2013
Please help me now,quite a long time now that I bought transcorp but no stock broker pls direct me to best broker I beg.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 12:22pm On Apr 12, 2013
courage89:

I agree with your analysis. If you're to pick between okomu and presco today at their current prices, which company would you pick and why?
@ courage89, I urge u with courage and in good faith to go 4 okomu oil nw if u r to pick btw it and presco, coz the 1 for 1 bonus will definitely favour u nt to talk of d N7 dividend. May be after 13th of nxt month when u qualify to get these goodies, u can sell ur shares and still hv u bonus units on ur name.......think abt it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 12:38pm On Apr 12, 2013
Benjoh: Please help me now,quite a long time now that I bought transcorp but no stock broker pls direct me to best broker I beg.
What exactly did you want, did you buy through the IPO? If yes did you have your share certificate? If yes, that means you want to convert it into cscs. Let us know the major reason you need a broker
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 6:46pm On Apr 12, 2013
my watch dog caught 14 stocks that would write their names on the top gainers of the second quarter.now i want to screen them to give stocks alert that would extend the elasticity of your pocket with gains
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:08pm On Apr 12, 2013
stocks that would be released will generate between twenty and thirty percent within two weeks and the price at which the gains have been made might just be an entry points for old investors.with the new ten percent price limits on all stocks, it will create a big tug of war between stock winners and losers on the reality of the exchange to make riches.invest wisely
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seun(m): 7:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
@stockbull: there is no basis for a belief that any stock will rise by 30% in a specific time period. stop hyping.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by foandt: 7:57pm On Apr 12, 2013
Seun: @stockbull: there is no basis for a belief that any stock will rise by 30% in a specific time period. stop hyping.
It is possible
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:58pm On Apr 12, 2013
@seun,so you think so!
As an exercise physiologist would know the energy capacity that is capable of working the body on an exercise and time the body would run to energy debt so technicians and analysts can measure the energy or forces behind stocks and the time period the energy would be dissipated.
Over the years,experts have been identifying support points and resistance points two weeks prior to the date.
I've never praised or insulted any company on the exchange and i will never do, so, that you said i HYPED WAS WRONG.
I keep my STOCK PICKS TO MYSELF THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (7742) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: webizone(m), kollingz(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.