Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,759 members, 7,831,444 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10954126 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (7778) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 1:20pm On Apr 09, 2013
Diamond back is going down to 3naira with this result, I will enter and wait for some years
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2013
Josh121: Diamond back is going down to 3naira with this result, I will enter and wait for some years
guy i wicked o! but seriously diamond result is so dissapointing, and to think some people were so bullish and accumulating on this stock, gbese! yes, with this result, its not worth more than N2.50k. firstbank we dey wait o!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2013
Sold mind when it was 7naira plus, I bought last new, i knew all the miss directed info people give was not trust about bank results been good , i should all my bank Stock , knowing after the result it will all fall again
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2013
Josh121: Sold mind when it was 7naira plus, I bought last new, i knew all the miss directed info people give was not trust about bank results been good , i should all my bank Stock , knowing after the result it will all fall again

My own question is what exactly is making other banking stocks to loose so much today...Zenith and GTBank are seeing serious red...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2013
valacious:
guy i wicked o! but seriously diamond result is so dissapointing, and to think some people were so bullish and accumulating on this stock, gbese! yes, with this result, its not worth more than N2.50k. firstbank we dey wait o!

Sorry o!! How is a stock that just declared 22bn PAT worth N2.50k? Im confused
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

My own question is what exactly is making other banking stocks to loose so much today...Zenith and GTBank are seeing serious red...

They are all celebrating with Sister Diamond?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
SANUSI has destroyed the banking sector.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2013
The result is fairly good, however shareholders are showing displeasure with this no bonus and no dividend thing. Notting to take a loss about.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 4:11pm On Apr 09, 2013
sellydion: The result is fairly good, however shareholders are showing displeasure with this no bonus and no dividend thing. Notting to take a loss about.

Exactly. You do all realise that this stock now has a current P/E of 3.5! Its just a pity there was no dividend paid.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
I think Diamond is the kind of stock to accummulate after the price has gone down. One should not accummulate stock on bad results or news. Market has push the price down rationally beware of NAHOC you dont know how good the next result will be.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
sellydion:

They are all celebrating with Sister Diamond?

Lol....Diamond bank don scattered ground be dat grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 09, 2013
shigidi:

Sorry o!! How is a stock that just declared 22bn PAT worth N2.50k? Im confused
the right qn is, what is diamond eps?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 5:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
valacious:
the right qn is, what is diamond eps?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
MY OGA MY OGA I DAY I DAY I DAY LOOK OOOOOOOO........ sad
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
First bank how many times I call u?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jossy26: 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
Oga stockbull proclaim SELL for access bank yst, and the price moved southward today. Shey that man na prophet ni or he has insider info? Anywaz aint selling my access bank stock, its for long term keeps
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 1:47am On Apr 10, 2013
Toluway: Nobody can predict the market and that is why nobody knows the right time to enter. But in order to invest, you must take a step.

But abundant authorities have thought us that the right approach to the unpredictability of the market is - dont enter trade with the money you would need urgently and most importantly, diversify. Spread your money into at least 7 stocks. With this approach, you wont burder if one is going down because you know it would still rise, infact, you need to put additional money when it is down in order to enjoy the impending bull run.

Diversification is the key. Ask Stockbull whether he doesn't diversify a lot. This is how to enjoy a stress free trading career. This is my conservative and layman's approach.

If you did this when Oceanic Bank fell from 35 Naira to 20 Naira in 2008 (that is buy more when the price is down)I wondered whether you wouldn't have lost everything now. It is not a good strategy to buy more when the price is down. This is a loser strategy. You bought a share with the intention it would go up, but it fell. That mean you got it wrong. Take your lost and run. The best strategy is to buy more when you get it right not when the market move against you. However you can be lucky this type of strategy can work for you once or twice, but mark me you will regret it when you see the other side of this kind of strategy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 2:00am On Apr 10, 2013
jossy26: ^^^ and Dangote Flour too, should someone hold or exit now?

These shares have been sold to Tiger brand, South Africa company. Don't expect anything from Dangote Flour. It is time to sell and invest your money in something else. This company will first settle their parent company in South Africa before thinking of subsidiary shareholders, where they got the capital to acquire Dangote Flour. My opinion is that the stock has reached its picked in the short and medium term. At this time they don't care about shareholders. If you like you go, they are not coming to the market to raise money anytime soon. Please make your own decision. What I am doing now is to sell Dangote Flour and buy Dangote Sugar which I believe is a cash cow and indigenous company that want to say thank you to shareholders and make them happy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 3:45am On Apr 10, 2013
sellydion: The result is fairly good, however shareholders are showing displeasure with this no bonus and no dividend thing. Notting to take a loss about.
Na good result I go chop?
Na good result go pay my children school fees?
Na good result go pay my house rent?
Waiting to pull my buy trigger at N3.00 junction...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 3:48am On Apr 10, 2013
frond:

These shares have been sold to Tiger brand, South Africa company. Don't expect anything from Dangote Flour. It is time to sell and invest your money in something else. This company will first settle their parent company in South Africa before thinking of subsidiary shareholders, where they got the capital to acquire Dangote Flour. My opinion is that the stock has reached its picked in the short and medium term. At this time they don't care about shareholders. If you like you go, they are not coming to the market to raise money anytime soon. Please make your own decision. What I am doing now is to sell Dangote Flour and buy Dangote Sugar which I believe is a cash cow and indigenous company that want to say thank you to shareholders and make them happy.
Sold my Dangote sugar @ 120percent appriciation. Make others enjoy the dividends. My loot dey cool now with NEM.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:20am On Apr 10, 2013
for those who accumulated so much in nahco some weeks ago get their fingers burning now and may get burnt to half.i dont make this kind of post but it's not a thing of joy loosing capital with all these support we're given here. We love you all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 8:32am On Apr 10, 2013
stockbull:
for those who accumulated so much in nahco some weeks ago get their fingers burning now and may get burnt to half.i dont make this kind of post but it's not a thing of joy loosing capital with all these support we're given here. We love you all.

@stockbull, me i no understand this post o grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 9:04am On Apr 10, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

@stockbull, me i no understand this post o grin
politics so much influence our aviation sector in a devilish way.
Even before stella obj.not having much to say than to be looking at nahco both in the short and long run compare to other ever active stocks.buffet said,i will not do business i do not understand. i do not invest in technology because i dont know much about it. He went with coca-cola.he had jet company but never invest in technology.
I think those who want to go with nahco this time are gurus in the sector. I keep nodding like lizard
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 9:33am On Apr 10, 2013
stockbull:

Bros.. that NAHCO did not do well is not news to us anymore but like i tell people, the Stock market is along term business....for me NAHCO may not be the stock to beat in the immediate term but by this time 9 months from now we will review our positions....I have seen their new investments in warehousing and Power and the fact remains that Naija is aHub for Airline business. i have been buying NAHCO since it result came out..i have succedded in reducing my average cost to N6.00 I will keep mopping at <9% daily and the pick up my dividend at maybe an average cost of N3.5 depending on how low it goes.. am targeting a dividend yield of 7%

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 9:57am On Apr 10, 2013

Chai!! a lot of short termers in this market! but then if person don make money they make them sell go chop! dats what makes the market go round!

i will patiently wait for this Diamond bank at N3..but i doubt if it will get there soonest!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 10:04am On Apr 10, 2013
airservice is paying the same amount of div with nahco,0.25
the former close register on april 26, paying on may 17***
d latter close book on 21/06 and paying on 17/07.
Investors respond badly towards the airservice div and the stock will now have to relax.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 10:19am On Apr 10, 2013
feelamong:

Bros.. that NAHCO did not do well is not news to us anymore but like i tell people, the Stock market is along term business....for me NAHCO may not be the stock to beat in the immediate term but by this time 9 months from now we will review our positions....I have seen their new investments in warehousing and Power and the fact remains that Naija is aHub for Airline business. i have been buying NAHCO since it result came out..i have succedded in reducing my average cost to N6.00 I will keep mopping at <9% daily and the pick up my dividend at maybe an average cost of N3.5 depending on how low it goes.. am targeting a dividend yield of 7%

Why throwing good money on a BAD MARKET ? Are there no other sure bankers?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 10:24am On Apr 10, 2013
stockbull:

airservice is paying the same amount of div with nahco,0.25
the former close register on april 26, paying on may 17***
d latter close book on 21/06 and paying on 17/07.
Investors respond badly towards the airservice div and the stock will now have to relax.

SO BTW NAHCO and AIRSERVICE which has better long term prospects? Am ready to place my bet on Nahco hence I will stick with them!

what is even the business of ASL plc? to serve buns and fruit juce in arilines?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 10:27am On Apr 10, 2013
sellydion:

Why throwing good money on a BAD MARKET ? Are there no other sure bankers?

over the past years i have seen sure banker in Nahco.. and i understand their line of business and also understand that they have a good foreign holdings in management hence better corporate governance!

i remenber when Flour mills fell to N15 in 2009 due to foreign exchange loss and many punters wrote off the stock.. but i stoood with them and over time I have been well rewarded. I dont write off stocks of coys with good foreign ownership!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 10:40am On Apr 10, 2013
valacious:
To me I dont think Diamond is a bad stock, but most of the investors are expecting dividend or bonus or both if possible, and moreover the short term investors will be bailing out and these has contributed to the shedding of the stock price. With the PE ratio of 4.21 as at the release of the result, I think it is a good buy but I guess it will continue to shed some weight at the floor for someone like me to join the train. Anyway I am still waiting for the comment and analysis of stockbull on this.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 11:26am On Apr 10, 2013
phemmie06: To me I dont think Diamond is a bad stock, but most of the investors are expecting dividend or bonus or both if possible, and moreover the short term investors will be bailing out and these has contributed to the shedding of the stock price. With the PE ratio of 4.21 as at the release of the result, I think it is a good buy but I guess it will continue to shed some weight at the floor for someone like me to join the train. Anyway I am still waiting for the comment and analysis of stockbull on this.

Read ugoder's comments on analysis of results thread. Tehy are quite highly exposed with regards to loans. Might be risky for medium to long term. But im no expert
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debostar(m): 11:55am On Apr 10, 2013
I hope we are not having a market bubble similar to that of 2008.All the stocks are crashing at a rate faster than they rise.he When the shares were appreciating ,the 10% rise did not apply,but when they are depreciating by as much as 10% per day.I suspect manipulation in the Nigerian stock market. Where are the so called market makers who are supposed to be like circuit breakers

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (7778) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: otomatic(m), Mills55, bassEQ2000, Nvednutfr33(m), Nichee, maishai and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.