Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10967059 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (7780) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2013
the drug manufacturing sector is laggard on the nigeria stock exchange while it rocks in european countries stock exchanges
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by janykute: 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2013
Stockbull,whats your take on Dangote Sugar,Do you think they will come out with a good result or should I sale now and maybe ask questions later.The price has hit my target but am still hanging on expecting their end of year result.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jossy26: 9:40pm On Apr 07, 2013
^^^ and Dangote Flour too, should someone hold or exit now?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 08, 2013
Is it advisable to exit sterling bank? I trade for price appreciatn and it seems not to increase again.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 08, 2013
jossy26: ^^^ and Dangote Flour too, should someone hold or exit now?
Get out of dangote flour, I did that a long time ago, and has benefited about 15% on anoda stock I put the money into. Hopefully first bank must release result this week, the wait is too long.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jossy26: 10:45am On Apr 08, 2013
@Valacious, are you serious? What's wrong with it now, and which stock do you now advise?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 11:47am On Apr 08, 2013
stockbull:

it is wise to bail out of cadbury now as the stock is trending to go flat.
@stockbull, good morning. Pls I will b glad if u explain more on why cadbury will go flat coz I hold good units share in d company. So I will start off loading sharp sharp. Wetin happen abeg
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
jossy26: @Valacious, are you serious? What's wrong with it now, and which stock do you now advise?
Dangote flour has had no direction ever since tiger brand acquired major stake of the coy. It will rise but its gonna take time. Right now d stocks are a bit on the high side, so u might to wait a while for it to drop so as to get a good entry points. U can wait for dangsugar, nahco, wema and transcorp to drop so u can get in. But for now, u can position for firstbank, and u will be sure of about 15% price appreciation when their results come out.
@nereiskc, cadbury is going to be acquired by uac, and since they are d ' 'weaker' partner, then going to drop.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
nereiskc: @stockbull, good morning. Pls I will b glad if u explain more on why cadbury will go flat coz I hold good units share in d company. So I will start off loading sharp sharp. Wetin happen abeg
?
nereiskc: @stockbull, good morning. Pls I will b glad if u explain more on why cadbury will go flat coz I hold good units share in d company. So I will start off loading sharp sharp. Wetin happen abeg
the stock always surprise when i analyse their products in the real market in conjunction with the price movement and yearly result. the question is always why.... ? It was on my mind to create a topic where i would express my mind on the stock.
As big as cadbury is and their stance in energy food drinks and other consummable products,their history and adaptation skills in nigeria business, i dont expect them juxtaposing their palms to merge with flourmill even if flourmill is a giant,old company in nigeria.the stock fails to hit twenty five percent yearly gain over six year ago. Not too good. Considering just concluded merger with flourmill, now another merger. Investors are loosing interest on it now and this may solidify the stock's price any time
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 1:31pm On Apr 08, 2013
janykute: Stockbull,whats your take on Dangote Sugar,Do you think they will come out with a good result or should I sale now and maybe ask questions later.The price has hit my target but am still hanging on expecting their end of year result.

you can wait in order to benefit from their dividend.the price seldom dips.the dividend should not be lower than six percent of the current price since the price has increased more than the melt down period;but dont think there would be bonus and if there's , that means they decided to split dividend into dvd and bonus
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 08, 2013
Nigeria stock market news;

Mobil result out. Announces N5 dividend per share.
Upl appoints new ED
Livestock declares 139M pat
Nig ropes - 155.1M loss
Paintcom - 12k dividend
Juli - 23.4M loss

Source proshare
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debostar(m): 4:25pm On Apr 08, 2013
I just want to know what is happening to ACCESS bank
It's falling at an alarming rate
Is there any reason for this
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 4:31pm On Apr 08, 2013
access=SELL NOW.
strong offer despite the close of registrar book for div in the next six trading days and payment in a week after. What would've add spices if not div. What would you do with spices that can not add taste and flavour to your food.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seun(m): 4:38pm On Apr 08, 2013
@stockbull: Panic selling isn't a good idea. What has suddenly changed about Access Bank's business in the last one week?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 4:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
abc is loosing strength in the up movement. Some investors are taking gains but the stock will hit one naira before another history would be made
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2013
Seun: @stockbull: Panic selling isn't a good idea. What has suddenly changed about Access Bank's business in the last one week?

that's psychology of market. It works in both virtual and real market.how would you believe and cherish a rice seller who claims to have sold many bags of rice and can not add a milk cup of rice to ten rubber you bought; he rather fail to measure the rice correctly. You paid for ten rubber but you're given nine
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2013
What do U think of livestock? Is the price ripe for selling and moving on?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2013
Sell Access Bank if you have met your target. Leave the future investment aspect for those who are just buying like myself.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 8:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
stockbull:

that's psychology of market. It works in both virtual and real market.how would you believe and cherish a rice seller who claims to have sold many bags of rice and can not add a milk cup of rice to ten rubber you bought; he rather fail to measure the rice correctly. You paid for ten rubber but you're given nine

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valdubem(m): 8:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
This is when real investors will cash in on accessbank. People will start panic selling while the smart ones will start buying.

**best time buffet prefers buying grin**
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 8:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
debostar: I just want to know what is happening to ACCESS bank
It's falling at an alarming rate
Is there any reason for this
Thanks

Cant give a definite answer. But ill try my best. I think the results had already been priced in for most of the banking stocks. Also, their Q2 2013 projection is very poor to say the least. 9bn Half year 2012 was 26bn!!!!! I think that's why they made the projections before releasing this result. They carried bad debt to this year, and hence the backlash from investors.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 10:28pm On Apr 08, 2013
I hope my broker have successfully bought Access Bank shares for me by now. It has been so difficult for me to buy so many shares I am interested in because people just dont want to sell. But the conventional strategy is to sell when you meet your target. Greed can be dangerous. Abeg commot make I enter. To me, buying stock is a win win situation. Bull or Bear, your money will work for you, either quickly or slowly; as long as you buy from companies with good fundamentals.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debostar(m): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
Unfortunately ,I bought ACCESS when it was 11.50.That must have been a wrong entry.Do you think I should offload and minimize my loss?I am inclined to believe that some investor have insider information because the freefall of ACCESS started before the result actually came out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 11:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
Things are not looking good for access bank at all.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iweoku: 11:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
pls ,is advisable to still hold onto UBA?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ayolatun(m): 11:47pm On Apr 08, 2013
*Pondering* UBA : -0.11 loss today in the market. Although with the loss, UBA should still perfom well this year unless Ɣ☺ΰ are eager to cash-out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 9:38am On Apr 09, 2013
Toluway: I hope my broker have successfully bought Access Bank shares for me by now. It has been so difficult for me to buy so many shares I am interested in because people just dont want to sell. But the conventional strategy is to sell when you meet your target. Greed can be dangerous. Abeg commot make I enter. To me, buying stock is a win win situation. Bull or Bear, your money will work for you, either quickly or slowly; as long as you buy from companies with good fundamentals.
from an insider information AMCON are holding very large amount of shares of blue chip company like UBA GTB ZENITH NESTLE and et al. Their by creating atificial scacity of those stoks. How can we prevail on them to realse it to the public for they are not expected to make profit.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valdubem(m): 9:41am On Apr 09, 2013
Omexonomy: from an insider information AMCON are holding very large amount of shares of blue chip company like UBA GTB ZENITH NESTLE and et al. Their by creating atificial scacity of those stoks. How can we prevail on them to realse it to the public for they are not expected to make profit.

..And how true is the insider information?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 10:08am On Apr 09, 2013
Nobody can predict the market and that is why nobody knows the right time to enter. But in order to invest, you must take a step.

But abundant authorities have thought us that the right approach to the unpredictability of the market is - dont enter trade with the money you would need urgently and most importantly, diversify. Spread your money into at least 7 stocks. With this approach, you wont burder if one is going down because you know it would still rise, infact, you need to put additional money when it is down in order to enjoy the impending bull run.

Diversification is the key. Ask Stockbull whether he doesn't diversify a lot. This is how to enjoy a stress free trading career. This is my conservative and layman's approach.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2013
What's happening to first bank now? These guys should release result, haba! Now their price is dropping almost 5%. Phew!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 1:12pm On Apr 09, 2013
valacious: What's happening to first bank now? These guys should release result, haba! Now their price is dropping almost 5%. Phew!

Currently, all banking stocks are seeing red...As for first bank, the delay is actually getting too long haba
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2013
Nigerian stock Exchange:

Diamond bank plc audited result

Turnover 137.6bn
PBT 27.5bn
PAT 22.1
EPS 152kobo
No dividend or bonus declared...
This stock is taking a bit hit now as no expected coperate action was declared.

Source: http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_News...APRIL_2013.pdf

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (7780) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ZikkyChops(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.