Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,913 members, 7,863,167 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:29 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11079508 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) (3513) ... (7818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:17pm On May 03, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Is it not better than 0.4kobo or so that was declared by an insurance company?

Zero point four kobo. This is less than 1 kobo.
Transcorp paid us 2kobo but we are still happy and gave it a bull in appreciation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:02am On May 04, 2018
sellydion:
@fxuser pls give me update in technical terms on Transcorp smiley

- 14 weeks since Jan high
- forming higher low on weekly timeframe or finding some decent support-
- many stocks can relate
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by apprentice18: 5:41am On May 04, 2018
please, the ogas in this forum should recommend stocks for me to buy and hold for gain in this year 2018. and if it is not too much questions at a time for a beginner. i want to know how to do fundamental and technical analysis on stocks so as to know the ones that are healthy.

cc
cp, rabbidoracle, pa emma, onegentleguy, tritri, peterich, fxuser etc

please assist a nigerian youth that is ready to learn and earn. thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 6:51am On May 04, 2018
locodemy:

peterichy and his crew members on Dangote flour right now.Will Aliko survive this #7.00 forecast?

Analysts explain why Dangote Flour is a sell
By STANBICIBTC Group Securities
Dangote Flour Mills 1Q18 results showed reported revenue and earnings tracking behind annualised SBGS estimates by
27% and 42% respectively. 1Q revenue of N26.2bn declined by 9% y/y, despite a mid-single digit price increase taken in
4Q17,
according to our channel checks.
Net earnings also declined by 39% year on year, mainly as a result of cost pressures and subsequent margin
compression.

Sales outlook
Possible reversal of market share gains might undercut sales in FY18E: On a sequential basis, flour sales saw some
recovery in the quarter (+10% q/q versus a 30% decline in 4Q17), though down sales declined by 9% on a y/y basis.
Pasta sales declined for the third consecutive quarter (-16% q/q) which likely speaks to heightened competitive pressure
in that segment, particularly from Honeywell and Dufil Prima, whose products retail at lower price points.

Unrelenting Competition
Given the intense competition we see in the flour milling industry, we once again highlight the risk of sustained volume
pressure in FY18E, and flag the possibility of a reversal in market share gains made by Dangote Flour in FY16 and FY17
when competitors struggled to access FX to import wheat.
1Q18 gross margin of 18% lowest since 4Q15: We believe that Dangote Flour’s earnings are vulnerable to cost pressures
given its relatively low pricing power in an industry that has excess capacity
. This has materialized in 1Q18 with gross
margin contracting to 18% from 25% in 4Q17 (1Q17: 24%), as production costs rose by 14% q/q.
This is the lowest reported gross margin since 4Q15 when a significant industry-wide price increase was effected. We
maintain the view that Dangote Flour will continue to report margin pressure over our forecast period as costs accelerate
at a faster pace than revenue.
Upside risks: We forecast dividend yield of 7% in FY18E for Dangote Flour on a 46% pay-out ratio. We view this as an
upside risk to our numbers and a possible catalyst for TP re-rating. We also see faster than modelled volume growth for
flour, and higher than forecast selling prices as key catalysts for our earnings estimates.
Valuation: We maintain our SELL recommendation for Dangote Flour Mills and target price of N7 per share. On our
numbers, Dangote Flour is trading on a FY18E P/E multiple of 6.7x compared to Nigerian agro-allied peer average of 8.5x.

Very interesting observations.

1) Revenue is not growing - We discussed that the FY17 revenue growth is not sustainable (it is actually not growing now)
2) Earnings not growing - We discussed that the FY17 earnings growth is not sustainable
3) DF does not have the 'monopoly' that Dangote enjoys in other sectors. Heightened competition implies that DF have low pricing power. With excess capacity in the sector, it will take a lot of innovation and creativity to sustain current margins.

That does not imply a SELL though!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:52am On May 04, 2018
apprentice18:
please, the ogas in this forum should recommend stocks for me to buy and hold for gain in this year 2018. and if it is not too much questions at a time for a beginner. i want to know how to do fundamental and technical analysis on stocks so as to know the ones that are healthy.

cc

1. Julius Berger ( at current price)
2. Zenith (@ current price or below #27)
3. UACN ( at #17)
4. FLOUR MILL ( @ #32 or #33)
5. UCAP (@#3 or #3.10)
4. Afriprudent (@ #4 or below)
5. Eterna ( @ below #6)
6. Dangote sugar ( @ #18, below or little above)
Etc

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:15am On May 04, 2018
wanaj0:

Very interesting observations.

1) Revenue is not growing - We discussed that the FY17 revenue growth is not sustainable (it is actually not growing now)
2) Earnings not growing - We discussed that the FY17 earnings growth is not sustainable
3) DF does not have the 'monopoly' that Dangote enjoys in other sectors. Heightened competition implies that DF have low pricing power. With excess capacity in the sector, it will take a lot of innovation and creativity to sustain current margins.

That does not imply a SELL though!
Last year, I was the first that started shouting buy, buy when Dangote Flour price was @ #4 and their growth in PAT took off the way Julius Berger has just started now. Proceeds from their noodle subsidiary sales, push their 2017 total comprehensive income beyond expectations. Therefore this year none of their subsidiary was offer for sale. From my own view point, their 2018 growth is normal, only that 2017 result makes it to look bad. Minus their noodle sale, their price might be around #8, which is good, from #3.5 last year to #8.
With their q1 2018 result, their projected final year result might be around 1.24 EPS.
The following should be noted
1. Dangote flour has try for so many investors here.
2. Their 2018 final year EPS will drop near to half when compared with 2017.
3. We should bear in mind that their price might not likely move up the way it does last year.
4. Their price movement now is looking for their fair value support level.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:17am On May 04, 2018
Chibuking81:

Last year, I was the first that started shouting buy, buy when Dangote Flour price was @ #4 and their growth in PAT took off the way Julius Berger has just started now. Proceeds from their noodle subsidiary sales, push their 2017 total comprehensive income beyond expectations.Therefore this year none of their subsidiary was offer for sale. From my own view point, their 2018 growth is normal, only that 2017 result makes it to look bad. Minus their noodle sale, their price might be around #8, which is good, from #3.5 last year to #8.
With their q1 2018 result, their projected final year result might be around 1.24 EPS.
The following should be noted
1. Dangote flour has try for so many investors here.
2. Their 2018 final year EPS will drop near to half when compared with 2017.
3. We should bear in mind that their price might not likely move up the way it does last year.
4. Their price movement now is looking for their fair value support level.
My brother, income from sale of subsidiary did not reflect in q1 2017. The proceeds only boosted the results from q3 2017.
Bottom line: Dangflour q1 2018 is not as good as q1 2017. They need serious improvement, if not, by q3 2018 the result will look very poor when compared with q3 2017.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 8:21am On May 04, 2018
fxuser:

- 14 weeks since Jan high
- forming higher low on weekly timeframe or finding some decent support-
- many stocks can relate

Many thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 8:22am On May 04, 2018
Mpeace:
My brother, income from sale of subsidiary did not reflect in q1 2017. The proceeds only boosted the results from q3 2017.
Bottom line: Dangflour q1 2018 is not as good as q1 2017. They need serious improvement, if not, by q3 2018 the result will look very poor when compared with q3 2017.

That was stated clearly that the 2017 growth rate is NOT sustainable. It is all about managing expectations. We need to understand what drives performance and the effect of things happening in the environment or larger economy on some sectors or company.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 8:41am On May 04, 2018
Chibuking81:

This was how Okomo oil started their journey from #27 to #70, the moment red oil started their upward movement, I need nobody then to tell me that Okomo oil and Presco will rise.

Now Federal and some state government has started awarding contract to use as campaign strategy for 2019 election, and most of the contract will go to Jberger, so therefore I need nobody to tell me that, Jberger time has come.

Let see what next 7/8 months have for both Zenith bank and Jberger . Time will judge.

Be careful with Julius Berger ooo. From the Q1 2018 result the BOOST in earnings is due to a N6.4bn forex gains and another N1.4bn on forex translations. If I discount the forex contribution, the result is NOT encouraging.

Just be cautious.

While award of contract is GOOD, it only help in filling your order book. There is no guaranty that it will translate to a profit. Not when your admin expenses for teh quarter move from N7.4bn to N9.6bn!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 8:44am On May 04, 2018
wanaj0:

That was stated clearly that the 2017 growth rate is NOT sustainable. It is all about managing expectations. We need to understand what drives performance and the effect of things happening in the environment or larger economy on some sectors or company.

I agree with you, this is a recovery business not a growing environment for DF. Expectations should be

managed by investors within the confine of previous performance before Tiger buy out at first.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:49am On May 04, 2018
Have the courage to:

1. Get back up
2. Ride winners
3. Accept losses
4. Ignore naysayer
5. Admit a mistake
6. Believe in yourself
7. Take calculated risk

#Goodmorning #copied
ff @Rayner_Teo

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:51am On May 04, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4486336/fbn-zenith-2-others-appointed#67265377

FBN. ZENITH BANK, STANBIC IBTC AND STABDARD BANK......appointed as settlement banks between nigeria and china currency swap
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:53am On May 04, 2018
Mpeace:
Transcorp paid us 2kobo but we are still happy and gave it a bull in appreciation.

yeah price quickly back above ex-div , fcmb showed similar behavior
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:55am On May 04, 2018
swilo:

Diamond riding on the goodwill of FCMB and Fidelity.

-
- will Q1 reflect UK divestment ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:56am On May 04, 2018
ukay2:

FBN. ZENITH BANK, STANBIC IBTC AND STABDARD BANK......appointed as settlement banks between nigeria and china currency swap

#PepperdemGang
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:59am On May 04, 2018
Bull with balls. grin

Omo mehn
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:00am On May 04, 2018
fxuser:

Have the courage to:

1. Get back up
2. Ride winners
3. Accept losses
4. Ignore naysayer
5. Admit a mistake
6. Believe in yourself
7. Take calculated risk

#Goodmorning #copied
ff @Rayner_Teo

Nice.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:01am On May 04, 2018
apprentice18:

cc

Try learning first before buying or asking for recommendation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:08am On May 04, 2018
Mpeace:

yeah price quickly back above ex-div , fcmb showed similar behavior
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:08am On May 04, 2018
Mcy56:
0.04k is not lesser than 0.01 kobo. Anybody wey know arithmetic fit correct me if I'm wrong o.

Btw, Omoluwabi Mortgage bank was named after the governor, Aregbesola of Ipinle Omoluwabi. Sounds funny anyway smiley

Thought someone stated here that the company declared 0.4kobo. Hence my conclusion that 1k is bigger than 0.4kobo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 9:13am On May 04, 2018
sellydion:

I agree with you, this is a recovery business not a growing environment for DF. Expectations should be

managed by investors within the confine of previous performance before Tiger buy out at first.

The truth is that DF is a heavily manipulated stock. KALOKALO. The propaganda around it is huge. Don't be surprised to see encouraging results in q2 or q3 2018 that will stimulate investors sentiments once again. Alhaji doing what he knows best to rip off from others pockets
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:13am On May 04, 2018
ukay2:

Buy naija,grow naija~a chinese proverb.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 9:13am On May 04, 2018
First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Stanbic IBTC, Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) and Zenith Bank Plc have been appointed the settlement banks for the $2.5 billion bilateral currency swap agreed between the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the People’s Bank of China (PBoC) which was announced Thursday.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/05/04/fbn-stanbic-stanchart-zenith-appointed-settlement-banks-for-naira-rmb-currency-swap/amp/

With this development USD will crash.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 9:22am On May 04, 2018
PETERiCHY:
First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Stanbic IBTC, Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) and Zenith Bank Plc have been appointed the settlement banks for the $2.5 billion bilateral currency swap agreed between the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the People’s Bank of China (PBoC) which was announced Thursday.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/05/04/fbn-stanbic-stanchart-zenith-appointed-settlement-banks-for-naira-rmb-currency-swap/amp/

USD will crash because of what Nigeria is doing? ok ooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 9:26am On May 04, 2018
safepaulooo:

The truth is that DF is a heavily manipulated stock. KALOKALO. The propaganda around it is huge. Don't be surprised to see encouraging results in q2 or q3 2018 that will stimulate investors sentiments once again. Alhaji doing what he knows best to rip off from others pockets

Any how you see it. Market is always right.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:29am On May 04, 2018
FBN
- qualification is today innit

#fyi
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 9:30am On May 04, 2018
MSCI MOVEMENT 3 MAY 2018 GENERAL/MARKET COMMENT

Yesterday was selling day for the fund, the tempo was more pronounced in the banking stocks (tempo slightly low for Ecobank and Stanbic).
Looking at the above we are now back to “selling mode”. For this Friday 4 May 2018, if I am buying any stock, I want to bid at a low price. All things being equal, if the stock fail to go down to my price today by Monday the probability of getting that stock at a lower price will be higher.

For example, I want to bid for Mobil at a limit price of NGN185 nothing higher. If price is not hit, no problem, I look for another equity, we are in a promo season of low prices, especially when a fund like MSCI is pulling out money. Likewise, I want to get out of OANDO at NGN9.15 (my patience for price appreciation is running out, but I cannot sell at a price lower than this)

Caution: This information is for educational purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. You may need to verify the data from other independent sources if in doubt.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:30am On May 04, 2018
PETERiCHY:

$50 billion reserves sooner than later
Emefiele will be hard to reach lollx

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GANDALF1(m): 9:51am On May 04, 2018
aremso:

u will know who is confused very soon. I said I pulled my money from stocks and went into tb that will give me .5m before I come back at the right time, guys here were making jest of me that I will soon run back. OK we shall see who is confused very soon. df I bought at 5.30 &11.98 sold at 13.75. so I dey look ooo

Aremso = Peterichy

Confamento
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:13am On May 04, 2018
RabbiDoracle:
Bull with balls. grin

Omo mehn

? ? ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) (3513) ... (7818) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: naturalflow, Rori(m), Mpeace(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.