Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,422 members, 7,853,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11044631 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) ... (7808) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 03, 2018
mendes911:

Maybe that's part of the confusion Agba was talking about. Search yourself properly.

pls dont quench this our entertainment TV o.
I dey enjoy am wella especially the meme.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:35pm On May 03, 2018
onegentleguy:
On DANGOTE FLOUR, we have drawn up a few analysis here that Q1 was still a very effective and efficient result, yet some investors are overreacting.
Well, they always do. ...for that's how money change hands within the 'NSE room' wink cheesy
we have just added more of our usual 2 Afolabi unit to the bag.
For a certainty, those selling now will later have themselves to blame !!

We are here.
But Eternal has better 2018 q1 result, EPS and PE
1. Eterna. 2018, q1 EPS 39.00 kobo, 2017, Q1 EPS 52.00 kobo
2. Dangoteflour 2018, q1 EPS 31.65 kobo, 2017, q1 EPS 52.47 kobo

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 03, 2018
Mpeace:
Whats their qualification date. Let me know those companies owing me. I am yet to do the e-dividend mandate on any company.

I hope you dont have anything in mind for asking this question?
Its 17th April.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:42pm On May 03, 2018
gloriousdawn:
Zenith bank, one of the stock that will make investors rich if you can wait patiently.
I am looking at 2years time frame.

Can you wait.
Zenith and Jberger seems to be at the same price rate now.
Which of them did you think that will first hit #60 on or before next 52 weeks?
Zenith bank 2018 Q1 EPS of 150 kobo, 2017 Q1 EPS 119 kobo
Jberger 2018 Q1 EPS of 223 kobo, 2017 Q1 EPS (0.07) kobo

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 03, 2018
Chibuking81:

Zenith and Jberger seems to be at the same price rate now.
Which of them did you think that will first hit #60 on or before next 52 weeks?
Zenith bank 2018 Q1 EPs of 150 kobo
Jberger 2018 Q1 EPS of 223 kobo

Zenith will see plenty buyers even at #100.
Na who go come buy illiquid JB at #50?
Factor in liquidity issues on the both,you will know the one to hit first if there is big bull.
UPL still a teacher to LOCO.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 3:46pm On May 03, 2018
tritritri:

Lol..show me a stock dat hasn't lost 10 to 20 percent within last mth ?

Cutix, ci, jb ati be be lo grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 3:48pm On May 03, 2018
pluto09:

You wicked shaa grin. You should be consoling a brother.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 3:51pm On May 03, 2018
mendes911:

You wicked shaa grin. You should be consoling a brother.

Lol grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:52pm On May 03, 2018
locodemy:

Zenith will see plenty buyers even at #100.
Na who go come buy illiquid JB at #50?
Factor in liquidity issues on the both,you will know the one to hit first if there is big bull.
UPL still a teacher to LOCO.
Government has look the way of Jberger, I strongly believed that they will hit #60, at the release of their q3 result.
Zenith is more liquidity than them I believed, but Jberger from look of things has more upward potential.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 03, 2018
Chibuking81:

Government has look the way of Jberger, I strongly believed that they will hit #60, at the release of their q3 result.
Zenith is more liquidity than them I believed, but Jberger from look of things has more upward potential.

It is just because of the small free float if compare to zenith.Only that can move JB up to #60.BUT who will be willing to buy at #60?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:06pm On May 03, 2018
locodemy:

I hope you dont have anything in mind for asking this question?
Its 17th April.
lol, I want to also check the date I bought and the date I sold to know whether I have outstanding dividends there.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 03, 2018
pluto09:

Custodian too. Been a very slow but upward journey all the way from 4.10 to 5.34. Thats a 30% return. At least, on paper.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 4:12pm On May 03, 2018
locodemy:

It is just because of the small free float if compare to zenith.Only that can move JB up to #60.BUT who will be willing to buy at #60?
This was how Okomo oil started their journey from #27 to #70, the moment red oil started their upward movement, I need nobody then to tell me that Okomo oil and Presco will rise.

Now Federal and some state government has started awarding contract to use as campaign strategy for 2019 election, and most of the contract will go to Jberger, so therefore I need nobody to tell me that, Jberger time has come.

Let see what next 7/8 months have for both Zenith bank and Jberger . Time will judge.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 03, 2018
Chibuking81:

Let see what next 7/8 months have for both of them. Time will judge.

No bet here o.Its obvious JB will move higher than zenith.No arguement here.I can comfortable offload huge units of zenith at 45 but cant offload huge units of JB at 60 easily.This is where I am concern.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 4:43pm On May 03, 2018
locodemy:

No bet here o.Its obvious JB will move higher than zenith.No arguement here.I can comfortable offload huge units of zenith at 45 but cant offload huge units of JB at 60 easily.This is where I am concern.
Ok I understand where you are coming from.
But you can always sell during their full bid. Stocks like japual, sky, etc do have a time they enter full bid, likewise all the stocks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 03, 2018
Chibuking81:

Ok I understand where you are coming from.
But you can always sell during their full bid. Stocks like japual, sky, etc do have a time they enter full bid, likewise all the stocks.

Agreed bro.JB full bid may come around 35 to 40.#60 may come but weak volume.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 5:04pm On May 03, 2018
Within 4days Dangflour has lost over 20%. grin

NSE creating opportunities for smart bargain hunters. smiley

CP and his crew members now nursing injuries. embarassed

*ThE OcToPuS*

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 03, 2018
PETERiCHY:
Within 4days Dangflour has lost over 20%. grin

NSE creating opportunities for smart bargain hunters. smiley

CP and his crew members now nursing injuries. embarassed

*ThE OcToPuS*

peterichy and his crew members on Dangote flour right now.Will Aliko survive this #7.00 forecast?

Analysts explain why Dangote Flour is a sell
By STANBICIBTC Group Securities
Dangote Flour Mills 1Q18 results showed reported revenue and earnings tracking behind annualised SBGS estimates by
27% and 42% respectively. 1Q revenue of N26.2bn declined by 9% y/y, despite a mid-single digit price increase taken in
4Q17, according to our channel checks.
Net earnings also declined by 39% year on year, mainly as a result of cost pressures and subsequent margin
compression.
Sales outlook
Possible reversal of market share gains might undercut sales in FY18E: On a sequential basis, flour sales saw some
recovery in the quarter (+10% q/q versus a 30% decline in 4Q17), though down sales declined by 9% on a y/y basis.
Pasta sales declined for the third consecutive quarter (-16% q/q) which likely speaks to heightened competitive pressure
in that segment, particularly from Honeywell and Dufil Prima, whose products retail at lower price points.
Unrelenting Competition
Given the intense competition we see in the flour milling industry, we once again highlight the risk of sustained volume
pressure in FY18E, and flag the possibility of a reversal in market share gains made by Dangote Flour in FY16 and FY17
when competitors struggled to access FX to import wheat.
1Q18 gross margin of 18% lowest since 4Q15: We believe that Dangote Flour’s earnings are vulnerable to cost pressures
given its relatively low pricing power in an industry that has excess capacity. This has materialized in 1Q18 with gross
margin contracting to 18% from 25% in 4Q17 (1Q17: 24%), as production costs rose by 14% q/q.
This is the lowest reported gross margin since 4Q15 when a significant industry-wide price increase was effected. We
maintain the view that Dangote Flour will continue to report margin pressure over our forecast period as costs accelerate
at a faster pace than revenue.
Upside risks: We forecast dividend yield of 7% in FY18E for Dangote Flour on a 46% pay-out ratio. We view this as an
upside risk to our numbers and a possible catalyst for TP re-rating. We also see faster than modelled volume growth for
flour, and higher than forecast selling prices as key catalysts for our earnings estimates.
Valuation: We maintain our SELL recommendation for Dangote Flour Mills and target price of N7 per share. On our
numbers, Dangote Flour is trading on a FY18E P/E multiple of 6.7x compared to Nigerian agro-allied peer average of 8.5x.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 5:40pm On May 03, 2018
Today Dangote flour closed #11:45k and that's the lowest price since 2018.

Won't be surprise if it goes on full bid tomorrow.

*ThE OcToPuS*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 5:40pm On May 03, 2018
Double post
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 5:49pm On May 03, 2018
TLAX:

They sure do need cash. They are planning a rights issue of 1 for 1 @ N2.75k as stated in their year end corporate action release. They have a bunch of stubborn shareholders. Not allowing new investors and not allowing the major existing one increase its stake. This rights issue will change the fundamental dynamics of the shareholding structure of that company.
oh u mean wanajo kind of shareholders?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:59pm On May 03, 2018
PETERiCHY:

*ThE OcToPuS*

Oga, we are still in 2018 o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:01pm On May 03, 2018
PETERiCHY:

*ThE OcToPuS*
What of their 52 weeks low?

As of 13th June, 2017.
Dangote Flour 5.16 closing price.
They have better q1 result 2017, than 2018.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 6:06pm On May 03, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 6:17pm On May 03, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 6:23pm On May 03, 2018
rebekah2011:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/22193_OMOLUABI_MORTGAGE_BANK_PLC_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MAY_2018.pdf
What the hell is this? 1kobo dividend.

Lol,

Oga, you can help them by adding 3k to the 1k per share they gave.

I know you can do it. We will thank you for it. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 6:25pm On May 03, 2018
Some Board of Directors seriously are not responsible. Why declare a dividend when it doesnt make sense?
swilo:

Lol,

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:36pm On May 03, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 03, 2018
dipoolowoo:
Mixed Feelings Trail Diamond Bank's Delay in Filing FY17 Earnings
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/05/03/mixed-feelings-trail-diamond-banks-delay-in-filing-fy17-earnings/

According to the rules at the NSE, a late submission attracts a fine of N100,000 per day for the first 90 calendar days of non-compliance, another N200,000 per day for the next 90 calendar days and a fine of N400,000 per day thereafter until the date of submission.

Apparently, these rules are not been implemented. Besides, the fine should go to minority shareholders and major shareholders with no ties to the management. smiley

That way, we'll have good reasons to buy Skye since they should owe around 247m by now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 03, 2018
swilo:

Lol,

See the name sef.

Isn't Omoluabi a praise (eulogy) in Yoruba ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 03, 2018
rebekah2011:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/22193_OMOLUABI_MORTGAGE_BANK_PLC_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MAY_2018.pdf
What the hell is this? 1kobo dividend.

Is it not better than 0.4kobo or so that was declared by an insurance company?

Zero point four kobo. This is less than 1 kobo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:41pm On May 03, 2018
0.04k is not lesser than 0.01 kobo. Anybody wey know arithmetic fit correct me if I'm wrong o.

Btw, Omoluwabi Mortgage bank was named after the governor, Aregbesola of Ipinle Omoluwabi. Sounds funny anyway smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) ... (7808) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: drotba(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.