Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,126 members, 7,867,257 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:56 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3696) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11095667 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3693) (3694) (3695) (3696) (3697) (3698) (3699) ... (7825) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2018
wanaj0:

IF Honeywell Flour get to 7.62, the exchange will COLLAPSE.

I will be surprised if the Full year result sustain the Q3 result. Go to the shops and see there products sold at a discount to the competitors. That will show you that there is likely margin compression. The result ought to be out latest next week I believe.

Hmmmn, oro agba ti ose lowuro, ase lale. What an elder sees sitting down, a child won't see if he climbs iroko tree.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2018
Yayira:

Loco you slf ! Sometimes I dey tire for you.. go read you first comment that made cp to reply you. You still come dey challenge him again..
the person sold from 2.00 to 1.40 not 1.40 to 2.00

Just 2 bottles o. its now corrected
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2018
currentprice:
grin

babee it suppose from 2.40 to 2 and u no day drink 333 now

grin grin

Smh it is well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 1:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
currentprice:

how?

honney flour could release their 2017 financial report any moment from now. it will take a magic for the price to reach N7.62 unless a general BULL. base on Q3 cp fairprice stand @ 3.50 could move to 4.50/5 or even lower that of Q3 fairprice depend on the result sha

grin grin grin

i have no single unit of honny well o

this result is flat but yet nothing do honny well it a good result. there is still honey in the well

based on this Audit result cp fair price move up to N5.60

reason for the full offer is simple i will tell later

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 1:18pm On Jun 29, 2018
currentprice:

i have no single unit of honny well o

this result is flat but yet nothing do honny well it a good result. there is still honey in the well

based on this Audit result cp fair price move up to N5.60

reason for the full offer is simple i will tell later

grin grin grin

No wahala,

I will open my mouth at sub N2.00
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:23pm On Jun 29, 2018
Taking another quick look at HONEYWELL FLOURs YE result, one can see the likely reason for the slight sell off today.
The simple explanation is;
The company suffered from a squeeze in MARGINS.
From the result, Revenue grew faster than Profit. (34% revenue increment as against a 3% rise in profit)
...put differently, the company increased their sales revenue yet suffered a drop in profit YoY.
PBT actually went down by 11%.
A simple reason for this is that the company must have made more sales from their low margin items/products, as against the less sales from the high margin ones.
...that difference ensured that they suffered a squeeze in margin, hence a drop in PBT.

That said, there is absolutely no cause for alarm !!
...I repeat, there is NO cause for any worry.
HONEYWELL FLOUR remains a fundamentally sound coy and still very much a BUY.
...the current price still presents a very juicy margin of safety from FV.

We are still here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 1:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
The finance costs of the coy is also a drawback. It must be addressed going forward.
onegentleguy:
Taking another quick look at HONEYWELL FLOURs YE result, one can now see the likely reason for the slight sell off today.
The simple explanation is;
The company suffered from a squeeze in MARGINS.
From the result, Revenue grew faster than Profit. (34% revenue increment as against a 3% rise in profit)
...put differently, the company increased their sales revenue yet suffered a drop in profit YoY.
PBT actually went down by 11%.
A simple reason for this is that the company must have made more sales from low margin items/products, and less sales from high margin items/products.
...that difference ensured that they suffered a squeeze in margin, hence a drop in PBT.

That said, there is absolutely no cause for alarm !!
...I repeat, there is NO cause for any worry.
HONEYWELL FLOUR remains a fundamentally sound coy and still very much a BUY.
...the current price still presents a very juicy margin of safety from FV.

We are still here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 1:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2018
dipoolowoo:
Pinnacle Oil & Gas to Acquire 6b Shares of Capital Oil for N600m
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/06/29/pinnacle-oil-gas-to-acquire-6b-shares-of-capital-oil-for-n600m/

Wema Bank Appoints Adebise Acting MD/CEO as Oloketuyi Retires
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/06/29/wema-bank-appoints-adebise-acting-md-ceo-as-oloketuyi-retires/

Nigeria Has $1.92b in Excess Crude Account—Minister
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/06/29/nigeria-has-1-92b-in-excess-crude-account-minister/

Na wa oooo. Capital oil at 10 kobo per share. The company is finished completely. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2018
170 million units of Wema bank just exchange hands..
Who is buying? Who is selling?

Dipoolowoo any news on this?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2018
rebekah2011:
The finance costs of the coy is also a drawback. It must be addressed going forward.

Part of the description of Finance Cost (CoF) is that of the Net total of expenses associated with the securing of finance/facility for a given project(s) or business.
HONEYWELL FLOUR currently have an on going gigantic expansion PROJECT. (virtually completed) ...and so I expect that their Finance Cost will be relatively high, especially in the short term.
Dont forget that Finance Cost are not a part of a company's Operating Expense line.

It was also great that they grew their TA and Shareholders fund YoY.
Except for 1 or 2 small worry, their YE result is still a FANTASTIC one.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2018
First, it was Dangote Flour and when all analysis and paralysis failed, they blamed it on Stock Manipulation.

Now, it is Honey Well Flour. On it's own decline, after it's own recommendation, analysis and paralysis. These flour companies shaaa.

It is "WELL". Even with "honey" inside the "WELL".

Dangote Flour almost retired them, almost "retired" them same way Sir Loco retired that their second moniker, not every gentle guy is actually gentle.

We "DIE" here.

Just beware of these prophets. The very "fake" prophets and their insights.

I still await that air crash. That will surely break the camels back!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 2:17pm On Jun 29, 2018
mendes911:

First, it was Dangote Flour and when all analysis and paralysis failed, they blamed it on Stock Manipulation.

Now, it is Honey Well Flour. On it's own decline, after it's own recommendation, analysis and paralysis. These flour companies shaaa.

Dangote Flour almost retired them, almost "retired" them same way Sir Loco retired that their second moniker, not every gentle guy is actually gentle.

We "DIE" here.

Lol... grin grin grin

Abeg o...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 2:19pm On Jun 29, 2018
I do not trust the majority shareholder of Honeywell. His antecedents in other businesses give me a cause for concern. Especially his overbearing influence in First Bank holdings Limited.
onegentleguy:

Part of the description of Finance Cost (CoF) is that of the Net total of expenses associated with the securing of finance/facility for a given project(s) or business.
HONEYWELL FLOUR currently have an on going gigantic expansion PROJECT. (virtually completed) ...and so I expect that their Finance Cost will be relatively high, especially in the short term.
Dont forget that Finance Cost are not a part of a company's Operating Expenses line.

It was also great that they grew their TA and Shareholders fund YoY.
Except for 1 or 2 small worry, their YE result is still a FANTASTIC one.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2018
These MM's should allow FCMB and Fidelity fall. Mbok...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 2:59pm On Jun 29, 2018
CCNN, Kalambaina Cement Set to Merge

pls is this stock worty holding, a ratio of 100000; 19811211, i think the outstanding shares will ballon fro 1.26billion to 19 billion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
mendes911:

We "DIE" here.

May I remind you that no one is paying anybody for any analysis/recommendation on this forum, but on a free volition. We see stocks differently and nobody is perfect, we get some right and come short on others, that is life (even Warren Buffet still makes mistakes and get some right), afterall, we are expected to carry out our own DD before taking any action. Please do not discourage anybody from giving his/her analysis/recommendations on stocks here, it is a public forum. That is why the forum is called NSEMPA.

I have gained a lot from stock picked by member of this forum and has lost as well, but the point is; my gain surpassed my loss 85:15.

With due respect please.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
Gud afternoon all, plz can't i sell stock today and withdraw from morgancapital to my bank account today? Also dis (T+3) means wat n wen shud i expect alert to my bank account if sold day was 27th june?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2018
jp130:
Gud afternoon all, plz can't i sell stock today and withdraw from morgancapital to my bank account today? Also dis (T+3) means wat n wen shud i expect alert to my bank account if sold day was 27th june?
The bolded is self explanatory, 3 days after transaction. it takes 3 days for the settlement to be consumated, unless you want morgan to pay you from their personal account. If so, how do you want them to explain the scenario to their auditor.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 3:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
currentprice:
Loco ur food don land

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/22703_UNIVERSITY_PRESS_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JUNE_2018.pdf

grin

FY EPS is 48kobo. How does this compare with the quarterly results?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 3:26pm On Jun 29, 2018
Jejebabaa:

Hmmmn, oro agba ti ose lowuro, ase lale. What an elder sees sitting down, a child won't see if he climbs iroko tree.

Again, without doing analysis paralysis, a city set on a hill cannot be hidden. It is EASY to see a company that is doing well in the 'market'.

The Flour Business is highly competitive. Margins are dropping. It is going to get tougher!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinssan(m): 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
I begin to see why people complain about analysis paralysis ....its either you are an investor or a trader.

As a trader have your own strategy, if l have entered Honeywell early, l would have made my 20 - 25% and get out
of the trade. That's my plan.

I entered CIleasing and made 20% and out l go despite the increase...

Though am still a learner trading with kobo, so what l learned today is that[b] much can give you headache to exit [/b]the market early enough. So eat your pie in a chunk that will sweet you.

What do l know self? sorry elders ooooo cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2018
kolaish:
May I remind you that no one is paying anybody for any analysis/recommendation on this forum, but on a free volition. We see stocks differently and nobody is perfect, we get some right and come short on others, that is life (even Warren Buffet still makes mistakes and get some right), afterall, we are expected to carry out our own DD before taking any action. Please do not discourage anybody from giving his/her analysis/recommendations on stocks here, it is a public forum. That is why the forum is called NSEMPA.

I have gained a lot from stock picked by member of this forum and has lost as well, but the point is; my gain surpassed my loss 85:15.

With due respect please.

My dear pls just ignore him !!
...u do NOT need to indulge him.
He refered to me, but I can NOT give him that opportunity. ...not here !!
Mendes CAN'T talk to me in person so I won't give him a means to do so over a faceless forum.

I had warned him NEVER to ever dare give a show of disregard to me twice in the past here, but he failed to abide by it.
When a person tours this line, they always end up 'stewing from their own juice' !!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:50pm On Jun 29, 2018
rebekah2011:
I do not trust the majority shareholder of Honeywell. His antecedents in other businesses give me a cause for concern. Especially his overbearing influence in First Bank holdings Limited.

Yeah I understand that part. ...the 'O O influence'
However I made sure I discounted for the likely risk associated with that, when I did an analysis on the coy a while ago.
...Otherwise my Fair Value of N4.15 would've been a bit higher.

It is well !!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2018
kolaish:

With due respect please.

You should know by now that the guy is a case.
See him waiting for bad news on Caverton as if it will in any way benefit his life if the people who bought start crying.
I gave up on him long ago.. Don’t really know what NSE has done to him that he only sees worst in everything now.

It is well

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:12pm On Jun 29, 2018
I don carry my kaya
Village here I come
Till Nov/Dec
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
I don carry my kaya
Village here I come
Till Nov/Dec

You no wan chop Zenith Q2 gains?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:15pm On Jun 29, 2018
mendes911:

You no wan chop Zenith Q2 gains?

I dash una that one, what are friends for
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 29, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Abeg come back o.The haircut is too much. Zenith will repay you back.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
locodemy:

Abeg come back o.The haircut is too much. Zenith will repay you back.

I want to believe Agba had a break even yesterday. His loss might only be fees.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
locodemy:

Abeg come back o.The haircut is too much.
Zenith will repay you back.

Not too much, damage control to the rescue grin
Na only the central forehead hair comot like papa Ajasco

(1) (2) (3) ... (3693) (3694) (3695) (3696) (3697) (3698) (3699) ... (7825) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Princkez, talktofemi, Niyijac, lexy2lexy, jaybee3(m), ositadima1(m), nosa2(m), cocolacec(m), 222Martins(m), misskungfup, Mills55, IamR, stronglink, DrAkpa(m), Excellent7(m), robobo, onegentleguy, Raider76, Zegra, Ginalex(f), yMcy56(f), ogoo4real and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.