Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,035 members, 7,838,585 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3840) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10982859 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3837) (3838) (3839) (3840) (3841) (3842) (3843) ... (7785) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2018
Mcy56:

I laugh out loud at "No be Loco be this?" grin
Na loco teeth don brown and comot finish from alcohol consumption like this? shocked grin
Loco, no dey drink again o........ but Loco no dey village na

He will tell us his true location when he becomes sober, he is still high now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2018
Mcy56:

I laugh out loud at "No be Loco be this?" grin
Na loco teeth don brown and comot finish from alcohol consumption like this? shocked grin
Loco, no dey drink again o........ but Loco no dey village na
Abeg hep us identify the person wey be that. I kw say na only one Dr. dey village as we speak.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
He will tell us his true location when he becomes sober, he is still high now
I dont believe that Loco's biz trip is to the village jor.
Let Mpeace tell us the truth, na im be that. lipsrsealed grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2018
Mpeace:
Abeg hep us identify the person wey be that. I kw say na only one Dr. dey village as we speak.
Na you or Mendes jor! Except if someone else go village without telling anybody, maybe cornwall, cos na corn season be this. cheesy
If na pix of a man holding a woman very closely or someone holding 'kola', I know say no controversy, na Agba be dat. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2018
Mcy56:

Na you or Mendes jor! Except if someone else go village without telling anybody, maybe cornwall, cos na corn season be this. cheesy
If na pix of a man holding a woman very closely or someone holding 'kola', I know say no controversy, na Agba be dat. grin

Judging by the injury/woninjurement on his teeth, you should know the person he might be. My last injury was severally months ago and the injury don heal self.

#RunsAway...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:55pm On Aug 19, 2018
mendes911:
Judging by the injury/woninjurement on his teeth, you should know the people he might be. My last injury was severally months ago and the injury don heal self. #RunsAway...
shocked lipsrsealed grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 3:56pm On Aug 19, 2018
Mpeace:

Abeg na who be this? Na pix wey I snap for village. As I no sabi ur face na him I say make I ask

You don carry your picture come put for forum. By the time I go laugh now, you and your goons will come for my head, that I should mind my business. Keep your pictures personal oooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:56pm On Aug 19, 2018
Mcy56:

Na me snap de pix. and no be selfie. So no be me. I no even dey village. I just pass village to beg Agba make him release NSE from him... so that we go get small bull.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2018
mendes911:

Judging by the injury/woninjurement on his teeth, you should know the person he might be. My last injury was severally months ago and the injury don heal self.

#RunsAway...

Abeg make una use some diamond helep patch the teeth biko
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:58pm On Aug 19, 2018
Mpeace:
Na me snap de pix. and no be selfie. So no be me. I no even dey village. I just pass village to beg Agba make him release NSE from him... so that we go get small bull.
I think say you beg one amateur villager to help you snap am ni. Rotfl. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:00pm On Aug 19, 2018
mendes911:

You don carry your picture come put for forum. By the time I go laugh now, you and your goons will come for my head, that I should mind my business. Keep your pictures personal oooo.
Na me snap de pix na, that pix no be selfie. Abi na that dumptruck guy wey no succeed sell wapco at 3Euro? You know say after every trip, him go need warm body with whisky.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2018
Mcy56:

I think say you beg one amateur villager to help you snap am ni. Rotfl. grin grin
No ooo. No be me. But we need to do roll call o, that is the only way we can determine who be that. If you hear ur name ansa present:
1. Pa Ihedi...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:07pm On Aug 19, 2018
Mpeace:
Na me snap de pix na, that pix no be selfie. Abi na that dumptruck guy wey no succeed sell wapco at 3Euro? You know say after every trip, him go need warm body with whisky.
E fit be him o. shocked You know say he announce say make we dey reposition too, say bull dey come, whether repositioning don get K-leg and he just dey cool body after supplying them in Agba's village. grin .... I no think say na Peterichy sha. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:08pm On Aug 19, 2018
Mpeace:
No ooo. No be me. But we need to do roll call o, that is the only way we can determine who be that. If you hear ur name ansa present:
1. Pa Ihedi...
Chai! grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Greatkhad: 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2018
kolaish:
If you are in lagos, simply go to GTL Registrars Murtala Mohammed way Yaba with your ID and all the problems will be solved.

Thank you very much
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2018
Somebody please tell me what happens when you buy a stock and it is delisted on NSE.
I’m just curious o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2018
Loco loco where art thou grin shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2018
4601CE:
Somebody please tell me what happens when you buy a stock and it is delisted on NSE.
I’m just curious o

I think the obvious is you become a share holder for life grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2018
4601CE:
I’m just curious o
You are still a member and shareholder of that company, but...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
rationalmind:

Mpeace:
You are still a member and shareholder of that company, but...
Chaii grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2018
4601CE:
I’m just curious o

Depends on the circumstances surrounding the delisting... I have seen stocks transferred to another company (I mean the purchasing company) if the delisting is as a result of buy out. I believe cash back may also be an option. In any case, delisting doesn't sound good in itself so you know what can happen to the value of the stock... If the company can no longer continue as a going concern (or what they call it), then it is a different ball game entirely, likely the 20k or 1k as it applies will be given back to the ordinary shareholders. I also believe you can choose to hold the shares like a 'shiarman'.

more ideas will come from the more experienced forumites.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2018
rationalmind:

Your best bet is to laminate the certificates and hang on the wall of your house...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 6:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
pluto09:
Loco loco where art thou grin shocked

Bros,

call him 3 times else he will not respond.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 9:02pm On Aug 19, 2018
Godlylifeoneart:
THE BUFFET ANALOGY... CULLED FROM CNBC

Warren Buffett says index funds make the best retirement sense 'practically all the time'
Trent Gillies | @trentCNBC
Published 9:01 AM ET Sun, 14 May 2017
CNBC.com
PLAY VIDEO
On the Money 1
If you're looking for a simple plan to build your retirement savings, one of the world's most successful stock market investors has some clear advice.

"Consistently buy an S&P 500 low-cost index fund," Warren Buffett told CNBC's On The Money in an interview recently. "I think it's the thing that makes the most sense practically all of the time."

And he suggests staying the course, despite market fluctuations. "Keep buying it through thick and thin, and especially through thin," the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway said with a laugh.

On Friday, stocks dipped on mixed economic data and poor results from major retailers. Buffett suggested investors should take gloomy news with a grain of salt, however.

"The temptation when you see bad headlines in newspapers is to say, well, maybe I should skip a year or something. Just keep buying," he said. "American business is going to do fine over time, so you know the investment universe is going to do very well."

As proof of the record of long term growth, the "Oracle of Omaha" remarked that the Dow Jones Industrial Average "went from 66 to 11,497 in one century," recalling the index's exact close at the end of 1999.

"And since that century has ended it's more or less doubled again," Buffett added. Last week, the Dow closed just shy of 21,000.

Don't be a stock picker
Warren Buffett
David A. Grogan | CNBC
Warren Buffett
The question remains, which shares should investors buy exactly? Buffett says an index fund is a way to avoid the risk of picking individual stocks.

"The trick is not to pick the right company, the trick is to essentially buy all the big companies through the S&P 500 and to do it consistently and to do it in a very, very low cost way," he added.

Buffett points to the fee savings built into low-cost index funds. The largest such S&P 500 fund, Vanguard's 500 Index Fund, boasts expense ratios of less than a percentage point.

"Costs really matter in investments," said Buffett, who in the past has taken aim at costly funds. "If returns are going to be seven or eight percent and you're paying one percent for fees that makes an enormous difference in how much money you're going to have in retirement."

He added that investors can keep more of their retirement savings by cutting investment costs, by reducing management fees or commissions charged by financial advisors.

"Just remember, the person you're talking to, your fees are their income," the billionaire said.

"And it leaves your pocket and goes to them and you'd better get something for it. And you really don't get it in investment management," he said. "The record shows that the unmanaged index fund is going to do quite well over time and active investment as a group can't beat it."

Most employer-run 401(k) retirement plans offer multiple mutual funds with different assets strategies, but Buffett warned against going with those options, saying "you'll do very well with an S&P index."

He added: "And don't let them talk to you about other index funds…and say you know, you have to have foreign or maybe you can pick a better industry. You'll almost always find it comes with bigger fees."

He conceded that luck can play a role. "Sure, some are going to have better than average just but the fact that if you flip a coin, some are going to call heads and some are going to call tails. And one or the other will be right at that time."

Still, the Oracle of Omaha warned that "you do not want to ever get the impression that you can pick stocks" and that "can enable you to have an edge. It just doesn't work that way."

Thanks for sharing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 9:12pm On Aug 19, 2018
Socrates, Plato and Aristotle...! Three musketeers of Greek philosophy.

I wish you guys could join me at a classical concert....Janina Fialkowska "mind massage"... with some F.Chopin for ecstasy... ongoing grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2018
swilo:
Socrates, Plato and Aristotle...! Three musketeers of Greek philosophy.

I wish you guys could join me at a classical concert....Janina Fialkowska "mind massage"... with some F.Chopin for ecstasy... ongoing grin grin

You sef don begin drink petesi
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 9:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
4601CE:
I’m just curious o

Nice question.. I have a few thousands of Evansmedical in my portfolio that I don know what to do with or how to go about it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by prof2007: 11:33pm On Aug 19, 2018
4601CE:
I’m just curious o

"Delisting" means removal of a listed stock from the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) or any exchange on which it is traded.

Various reasons can cause delisting:

1. BANKRUPTCY
When a company goes bankrupt, the shares will usually be delisted and cease to exist entirely. Also, when a company is going bankrupt, it will usually have violated one or more of the exchange's requirements, and might even be delisted before bankruptcy officially occurs. Implication for shareholders: The shareholder's investment is lost.

2. DISSOLUTION
A company might choose to dissolve entirely. In such an instance, the company will sell all assets, pay off creditors and distribute remaining proceeds to shareholders. After dissolution is completed, the shares will be delisted from the exchange. Implication for shareholders: Depends on what is "left over" for shareholders after settling creditors.

3. VOLUNTARY DELISTING TO GO PRIVATE
A company may decide to go private i.e. to stop being a publicly traded company. In that case it will apply for voluntary delisting from the NSE e.g. Nigerian Bottling Company, Great Nigeria Insurance. Implication for shareholders: The investment is intact but the shares cannot be traded on the NSE. However, trading can be done on the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD)'s Over-the-Counter (OTC) market. In many cases shareholders will be paid cash for their shares when delisted from the NSE.

4. VOLUNTARY DELISTING DUE TO BUYOUT
A company can be delisted due to a buyout by another company. Implication for shareholders: You might receive cash for your shares or get shares of the acquiring company. If the company is taken private, shareholders will generally receive a cash payment for their shares when delisted. In many cases, the buyout is done at a premium so the shareholders get a much higher payment than the NSE trading price valuation.

5. VOLUNTARY DELISTING BY MERGER
A merger can also lead to voluntary delisting e.g. Oceanic Bank which merged with Ecobank, Intercontinental Bank which merged with Access Bank Plc. Implications for shareholders: They will either receive cash or be given shares in the merged entity.

6. FORCED DELISTING (FOR FAILURE TO MEET NSE REQUIREMENTS)
Companies listed on an exchange such as the NSE need to meet certain minimal requirements e.g. compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards, submission of quarterly, semi-annual and annual statements, annual certification on adherence to corporate governance, annual listing fees, e.t.c.

Continued failure to meet any of the requirements can eventually cause the company to be "forcibly" delisted from the exchange e.g. Onwuka Hi-Tek, Oluwa Glass, Nigerian Wire Industries. Implication for shareholders: In majority of cases, the investment is lost.

In the last 16 years, no less than 93 companies have been voluntarily or forcibly delisted from the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

The following were delisted from the Daily Official List of the NSE between 2002 and April 2018​.

S/N COMPANY DATE DELISTED REASON FOR DELISTING
1 IMPRESIT BAKOLORI PLC 2002 Voluntary
2 DUMEZ NIGERIA PLC 2002 Regulatory: NSE
3 CFOA NIGERIA PLC 2007 Voluntary
4 ACEN INSURANCE PLC 2008 Regulatory: NAICOM
5 ATLAS NIGERIA PLC 2008 Regulatory: NSE
6 CERAMICS MFG. COY. PLC 2008 Regulatory: NSE
7 AMICABLE INSURANCE PLC 2008 Regulatory: NAICOM
8 BAICO INSURANCE PLC 2008 Regulatory: NAICOM
9 BEVERAGES (WA) NIG. PLC 2008 Regulatory: NSE
10 ENPEE PLC 2008 Regulatory: NSE
11 TATE INDUSTRIES PLC 2008 Regulatory: NSE
12 MAUREEN LAB. PLC 2008 Regulatory: NSE
13 RIETZCOT NIGERIA PLC 2008 Regulatory: NSE
14 INTRA MOTORS NIG. PLC 2008 Regulatory: NSE
15 AVIATION DEV. COY. PLC 2008 Regulatory: NAICOM
16 GROMMAC INDUSTRIES PLC 2008 Regulatory: NSE
17 ONWUKA HI-TEK. PLC 2008 Regulatory: NSE
18 NIGERIAN LAMPS PLC 2008 Regulatory: NSE
19 NIGERIAN YEAST & ALCAHOL MFG. PLC 2008 Regulatory: NSE
20 SECURITY ASS. PLC 2008 Regulatory: NAICOM
21 SUN INSURANCE PLC 2008 Regulatory: NAICOM
22 NIGERIAN TEXT. MILLS PLC 2008 Voluntary
23 FOOTWEAR MFG. PLC 2009 Regulatory: NSE
24 FERDINAND OIL MILLS PLC 2009 Regulatory: NSE
25 CHRISTLIEB PLC 2009 Regulatory: NSE
26 BCN PLC 2009 Regulatory: NSE
27 LIZ-OLOFIN & COY. PLC 2009 Regulatory: NSE
28 OLUWA GLASS COY. PLC 2009 Regulatory: NSE
29 ASABA TEXTILE MILLS PLC 2009 Regulatory: NSE
30 ABOSELDEHYDE LAB. PLC 2009 Regulatory: NSE
31 EPIC DYNAMIC PLC 2009 Regulatory: NSE
32 FADMAD PLC 2009 Regulatory: NSE
33 ABA TEXTILE MILLS PLC 2009 Regulatory: NSE
34 AFPRINT PLC 2010 Regulatory: NSE
35 INCAR PLC 2010 Voluntary
36 NIGERCEM PLC 2011 Regulatory: NSE
37 DAILY TIMES PLC 2011 Regulatory: NSE
38 ALBARKA AIRLINE PLC 2011 Regulatory: NSE
39 FOREMOST DAIRIES PLC 2011 Regulatory: NSE
40 WIGGINS TEAPE NIG. LC 2011 Regulatory: NSE
41 OKITIPUPA OIL PALM PLC 2011 Regulatory: NSE
42 FIRST CAP. INV. & TRUST PLC 2011 Regulatory: NSE
43 FLEXIBLE PACKAGING PLC 2011 Regulatory: NSE
44 NEWPAK PLC 2011 Regulatory: NSE
45 KRABO NIGERIA PLC 2011 Regulatory: NSE
46 TROPICAL PETRO. PLC 2011 Regulatory: NSE
47 NIGERIAN BOTTLING COY PLC 2011 Voluntary
48 NAMPAK PLC 2011 Voluntary
49 UNITED NIG. TEX. PLC 2011 Voluntary
50 BANK PHB PLC 2011 Nationalised: CBN
51 AFRIBANK PLC 2011 Nationalised: CBN
52 SPRING BANK PLC 2011 Nationalised: CBN
53 INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC 2011 Merged with Access Bank Plc.
54 OCEANIC BANK PLC 2011 Merged with ETI
55 FINBANK PLC 2011 Merged with FCMB Plc.
56 ECOBANK PLC 2011 Absorbed by ETI: Now Ecobank Nigeria Ltd
57 ABPLAST PLC 2012 Regulatory: NSE
58 UDEOFOSIN GARMENT PLC 2012 Regulatory: NSE
59 HALLMARK PAPER PRODUCT PLC 2012 Regulatory: NSE
60 BACGO BAG PLC April 11, 2013 Merged with Flour Mills Plc
61 CRUSADER NIGERIA PLC May 13, 2013 Merged with Custodian & Allied Insurance Plc.
62 WEST AFRICAN ALUMINIUM PLC June 3, 2013 Regulatory: NSE
​63 NIGERIAN WIRE INDUSTRY PLC Jun2 3, 2013 Regulatory: NSE​
​64 ​BIG TREAT PLC ​November 24, 2014 ​Voluntary
​65 ​AFROIL PLC ​November 24, 2014 ​Voluntary
​66 ​STARCOMMS PLC ​November 24, 2014 ​Voluntary
​67 ​PINNACLE POINT GROUP ​​November 24, 2014​ ​Voluntary
​68 ​POLY PRODUCTS​ PLC ​​December 12, 2014 ​Voluntary​
​69 ​OASIS INSURANCE ​December 31, 2014 ​Acquired by FBN Life Insurance​
​70 ​CAPPA AND D'ALBERTO​ ​January 16, 2015 ​Voluntary
​71 ​IPWA PLC ​May 18, 2016 ​Regulatory: NSE
​72 ​G. CAPPA PLC ​May 18, 2016 ​​Regulatory: NSE
​73 ​WEST AFRICAN GLASS INDUSTRIES PLC (WAGI) ​May 18, 2016 ​Regulatory: NSE
​74 ​INVESTMENT & ALLIED INSURANCE PLC​ ​May 18, 2016 ​Regulatory: NSE
​75 ​ALUMACO PLC ​May 18, 2016 ​Regulatory: NSE
​76 ​JOS INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES PLC ​May 18, 2016 ​Regulatory: NSE
​77 ​ADSWITCH PLC ​May 18, 2016 ​Regulatory: NSE
​78 ​ROKANNA PLC ​​May 18, 2016 ​Regulatory: NSE
​79 ​VONO PRODUCTS NIGERIA PLC ​May 23, 2016​ Merged with Vitafoam Plc
​80 ​Lennards (Nigeria) Plc ​December 1, 2016 ​Regulatory: NSE
​81 ​P.S Mandrides & Company Plc ​December 1, 2016 ​Regulatory: NSE
​82 ​Premier Breweries Plc ​December 1, 2016 ​Regulatory: NSE
​83 ​Costain (W.A) Plc ​​December 1, 2016 ​​Regulatory: NSE
​84 ​Navitus Energy Plc ​​December 1, 2016 ​​Regulatory: NSE
​85​ ​Nigerian Ropes Plc ​​December 1, 2016 ​​Regulatory: NSE
​86 ​Beco Petroleum Products Plc ​May 2, 2017 ​​​Regulatory: NSE​
​87 ​MTECH Communications Plc ​​May 2, 2017 ​Regulatory: NSE
​88 ​MTI Plc ​May 2, 2017 ​​​​Regulatory: NSE​​
​​89 ​UTC Plc​ ​May 2, 2017 ​Regulatory: NSE
​90 ​Ashakacem Plc ​July 4, 2017 ​Voluntary​​
​91 ​Seven-Up Bottling Company Plc March 5, 2018 ​Voluntary (Shareholders Approval)
​92 ​African Paints (Nigeria) Plc April 6, 2018 ​Regulatory
​93 ​Afrik Pharmaceuticals Plc ​April 6, 2018 ​Regulatory
​​​​​​​​​

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Babayukidolason: 1:21am On Aug 20, 2018
greetings investors. am glad i found myself here. i lack knowledge concerning this stocks and shares but i have real interest for it. how do i learn the basics and grow. i want to be an investor too. i need help. thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 20, 2018
Business

Money
Reality dawns as debts wobble under sustainability test
By Chijioke Nelson, Asst. Editor, Finance/Economy
30 July 2018 | 4:26 am

Ms Patience Oniha, Director-General, Debt Management Office, Nigeria

Nigeria failed the test conducted to determine its ability to sustain ongoing borrowings and their repayments in the next five and 10 years, an affirmation of the growing fears over increasing level of borrowings and huge costs incurred in servicing them.
The revelation, by the Debt Management Office (DMO), which appears too big to be covered up, was contained in the routine yearly Fiscal Sustainability Analysis. The development simply means that going by the level of borrowings, expected revenue and interest payable, the country would give more in meeting its obligations in the next five years and get worse in the next 10 years from now. This also shows the near impossibility of ending deficit budgeting through retained earnings.

Specifically, the analysis, which covers the domestic and external debt of the Federal Government, states and Federal Capital Territory, as well as their respective revenues, including Internally Generated Revenue (IGR), were declared vulnerable, despite being below international threshold
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 8:11am On Aug 20, 2018
Mpeace:

Abeg na who be this? Na pix wey I snap for village. As I no sabi ur face na him I say make I ask

A real shayo man.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 8:55am On Aug 20, 2018
MSCI MOVEMENT FOR 17 AUGUST 2018/GENERAL COMMENT

No trade by the fund on 17 August 2018. Still in my relaxing mood. No hurry to buy anything.

This market has sent many of us back to the drawing board; I am looking at how to recover after a big loss. One of the lessons points to consider is to stop further buying, go and look at those things you have bought, at what point did I you get into the market to buy those loss making equities.

Then look at how you can prevent buying at those loss making points in the future. To prevent buying at those wrong points, you may need to have a trading plan or rule. For me one of such rules will be never to buy a stock with negative shareholders fund or is just coming out of negative shareholders’ fund position, takes a lot of effort to recover from such catastrophic situations (John Holt, Cadbury etc). If at all I get into those stocks, I know I am just in on a short term basis!!!

Using the fund’s portfolio as a guide, “green” mean buying while “red” is selling.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source.
N:B

Due to the fact so many new people are coming to this forum and may not know this use of following the “big monies that move markets”, I will be indicating why/how to use the information. This will be a permanent future of my post to reduce some comments which may prevent the people that understand the system from confusion by people who have not followed how this started. My comment for today for anybody who doubts the efficacy of following the fund is to look at my recent recommendations for the past 2 months.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3837) (3838) (3839) (3840) (3841) (3842) (3843) ... (7785) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kreos44 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.