Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10941869 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4313) (4314) (4315) (4316) (4317) (4318) (4319) ... (7772) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2019
Transcorp is always like that grin
PharmAlfred:
Today is obviously for the FUGAZ. The tier banks are trying to ride the wave but from trading activities, it is definitely not their day.

So much expectations from Transcorp, but it doesn't seem to be ready to fly.

Next week will open a new vista
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 2:26pm On Feb 08, 2019
currentprice:

Ohhh. not high on 33. i think it was their 2017 FY. let me not go far by posting PAT alone:

2017 FY PAT = N81,111M
2018 Q1 =N6,287M
2018 Q2 =N14,844M
2018 Q3 latest =N 27,968M

grin grin grin grin

If you back out the tax credit in Q4 2017 ....valued $224m
That give that year result a significant jump..
Coy is doing great ....even on PAT alone
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 2:26pm On Feb 08, 2019
grin grin
swilo:

Very funny... Is she incubating cos she has been there for weeks now... wink wink

BringBackOurMcy56
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Benz101: 2:34pm On Feb 08, 2019
Las las Zenith bank @ N25.70 was initial gragra. Well next week dey. Transcorp better wake up o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 2:46pm On Feb 08, 2019
einsteine:

@ bolded, I am not sure that's true. Parallel market rates at 1999 were about 88 NGN in 1999 (Official market rate was 22 naira but it was a racket, hardly anybody got at that price). So you wouldn't be richer than investing in the Stanbic IBTC equity fund.

Just confirmed I was actually using the Official market rate instead of the parallel. The people at the short end of the stick are actually those who don't invest at all. sigh

This Official rate and parallel rate nonsense is screwing my calculations, I have to go back and check some stuffs.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 2:55pm On Feb 08, 2019
Bulls started the day very well, but at the end the bears showed their face.

Very interesting week. This day closed according to plan, not 100%, but at least our members have been protected from buying at the highs. Whatever we have missed by our order not being filled at the target prices, next week is another day. I am sure bonanza will show up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 3:21pm On Feb 08, 2019
FCMB & Access Bank PE is quite interesting...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2019
Abeg where is fxuser?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 5:24pm On Feb 08, 2019
Intendy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 5:50pm On Feb 08, 2019
uncle Tolu

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2019
Benz101:
House please, when is the best time to sell? Is it when the results are out? How can one know the results will be out? Please I’m still learning any enlightenment will be well appreciated.
Always try to ride your winners, Don't sell your stocks for selling sake. You must always have a tangible reason for selling. Even some investors in advanced market will say "Holding period for a good stock is forever" (although this may be applicable in our market). However if you wish to sell, (a) sell when you are short of funds to invest in a stock that will give even better than returns than the one you are currently holding (b) sell when a stock becomes irrational and overpriced - I guess this part answers your question, cos that is what happens when results come out - but some knowledge of TA would suffice here, watch out for drop in price and thining volume (or better still consult fxuser/Bullbearmkt, (c) sell when fundamental is deteriorating.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Gideon82: 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2019
GOOD EVENING GURUS,PLS I WOULD LIKE TO INVEST IN STOCKS,HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT PLS?THIS IS MY NO PLS 08064330451
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Revibe: 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2019
swilo:
FCMB & Access Bank PE is quite interesting...

Details Pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Benz101: 9:17pm On Feb 08, 2019
[quote author=Valueinvestor post=75543601]
Always try to ride your winners, Don't sell your stocks for selling sake. You must always have a tangible reason for selling. Even some investors in advanced market will say "Holding period for a good stock is forever" (although this may be applicable in our market). However if you wish to sell, (a) sell when you are short of funds to invest in a stock that will give even better than returns than the one you are currently holding (b) sell when a stock becomes irrational and overpriced - I guess this part answers your question, cos that is what happens when results come out - but some knowledge of TA would suffice here, watch out for drop in price and thining volume (or better still consult fxuser/Bullbearmkt, (c) sell when fundamental is deteriorating.

Thanks a lot boss.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 2:42am On Feb 09, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 5:55am On Feb 09, 2019
Happy weekends and more bulls into the election week.

Pls house how is CSCs shares now. Is it worth buying and how can one buy them. Something just dey tell me to buy it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 09, 2019
What goes up must surely come down...waiting for the bonanza period patiently.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 9:35am On Feb 09, 2019
grin nofundforyou bro
nofundforme:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 10:49am On Feb 09, 2019
nofundforme:
Trying to pick stock in its exact bottom makes someone loose opportunities, if a stock is fundamentally strong and cheap /close to year low, just buy it, if the price goes down, buy more, one day people will discover the stock and buy from you at a good price.

Never bother yourself on what you cannot control (market timing), concentrate more on what you can control (Taking appropriate /calculated action)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 10:56am On Feb 09, 2019
Success in investments comes from learning from ones past experience (successes and failures) and other people's past experience.
I was just thinking, how many stocks should one hold in his /her portfolio at any given point? Considering the fact that NSE is peculiar

Copy : @ all my ogas in the house
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 11:25am On Feb 09, 2019
Valueinvestor:
Success in investments comes from learning from ones past experience (successes and failures) and other people's past experience.
I was just thinking, how many stocks should one hold in his /her portfolio at any given point? Considering the fact that NSE is peculiar

Copy : @ all my ogas in the house

How much stock you hold doesn't matter. You should have what you use to value your stocks, if they fall in that criteria buy it, if not move on.

Even Warren Buffet agrees that diversification in stocks is for people who don't know what they are doing.

That's my 1 kobo, I am not an Oga though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 12:53pm On Feb 09, 2019
Revibe:

Details Pls

Both are in the 2.something range and seems to be the lowest the last time I checked. If they level up with their counterparts, we are looking at a 10 - 20% + upside. This is not considering any effect resulting from DB acquisition by Access.

These are postulations pls.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 1:05pm On Feb 09, 2019
GonFreecss1:

How much stock you hold doesn't matter. You should have what you use to value your stocks, if they fall in that criteria buy it, if not move on.

Even Warren Buffet agrees that diversification in stocks is for people who don't know what they are doing.

Thanks boss
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 1:15pm On Feb 09, 2019
Gideon82:
GOOD EVENING GURUS,PLS I WOULD LIKE TO INVEST IN STOCKS,HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT PLS?THIS IS MY NO PLS ********

We dont need your phone number.

First thing is to start reading. Follow this thread religiously, read financial statements, listen to news, understand the economy, understand the times, follow the masters, learn to separate noise from news, and respect your stop loss. You need a bit of TA (well this forum gives you TA for free), you also need a bit of FA (well this forum gives you a lot of FA for free), you need to learn to put your emotions in check...

Secondly, open a trading account. I use Meritrade (www.meritrade.com), some others use Morgancapital stock brokers (http://www.morgancapitalgroup.com/). You don't need me to tell you how to open an online trading account because with the online chat on the trading sites, you can ask all your questions.

Pay in some coins into the trading account, make a withdrawal to confirm all is set up then start small.

Never forget that knowledge is power, never forget the use of cut / stop loss and never forget that entry and exit price is key but follow your currentprice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 1:25pm On Feb 09, 2019
GonFreecss1:

Very correct.

I would suggest 1 each from 3 sectors you understand the terrain the most (if your capital is small).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2019
dipoolowoo:
90.9% Shareholders of Forte Oil Approve Sale of Power Unit to Otedola
https://businesspost.ng/2019/02/09/90-9-shareholders-of-forte-oil-approve-sale-of-power-unit-to-otedola
/

NDIC Begins Verification of Fortis Microfinance Bank Depositors after Liquidation
https://businesspost.ng/2019/02/06/ndic-begins-verification-of-fortis-microfinance-bank-depositors-after-liquidation/

SEC Holds First 2019 CMC Meeting March 21
https://businesspost.ng/2019/02/09/sec-holds-first-2019-cmc-meeting-march-21/

Nigerians and our Chop alone mentality, You are the majority shareholder of a company and you are still selling assets to your self, who is deceiving who.......Mr otedola should just come out plain and tell us what he is up to

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 7:22pm On Feb 09, 2019
swilo:

We dont need your phone number.

First thing is to start reading. Follow this thread religiously, read financial statements, listen to news, understand the economy, understand the times, follow the masters, learn to separate noise from news, and respect your stop loss. You need a bit of TA (well this forum gives you TA for free), you also need a bit of FA (well this forum gives you a lot of FA for free), you need to learn to put your emotions in check...

Secondly, open a trading account. I use Meritrade (www.meritrade.com), some others use Morgancapital stock brokers (http://www.morgancapitalgroup.com/). You don't need me to tell you how to open an online trading account because with the online chat on the trading sites, you can ask all your questions.

Pay in some coins into the trading account, make a withdrawal to confirm all is set up then start small.

Never forget that knowledge is power, never forget the use of cut / stop loss and never forget that entry and exit price is key but follow your currentprice.

Na prospective newbie you dey use acronyms and technical terms for like this? If you be teacher your students go hear am hot o.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2019
Michael11stock:
grin nofundforyou bro
if no get today I go get tomorrow grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 09, 2019
Valueinvestor:

Trying to pick stock in its exact bottom makes someone loose opportunities, if a stock is fundamentally strong and cheap /close to year low, just buy it, if the price goes down, buy more, one day people will discover the stock and buy from you at a good price.

Never bother yourself on what you cannot control (market timing), concentrate more on what you can control (Taking appropriate /calculated action)
You are right sir, but this strategy is for someone with enough funds. Thank you for d advice. I will hustle to be able to carry out my trade like that.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lolaluv1(f): 9:03pm On Feb 09, 2019
Valueinvestor:

What about selling for profit?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 12:21pm On Feb 10, 2019
Yes sell for profit when you OK
lolaluv1:

What about selling for profit?

6 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (4313) (4314) (4315) (4316) (4317) (4318) (4319) ... (7772) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.