Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,101 members, 7,835,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10969088 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4413) (4414) (4415) (4416) (4417) (4418) (4419) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 4:08pm On Mar 24, 2019
The new logo is at the end of the post.

The Access Bank/Diamond Bank logo was conceptualized like the UBA/STB logo

Mcy56:

I didnt see any new logo when I clicked the link o.
They already said we'll be seeing changes from the day the court upheld their merger anyway.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Desanta(m): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2019
Good evening all.
I thought Transcorp was supposed to pay dividend on the 19th of this month. I have not received mine.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:34pm On Mar 24, 2019
dipoolowoo:
Okay seen. Seems they are adopting diamond Logo, I thought it's a total buy over and not obligated to honour or make them happy after their demise. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2019
Desanta:
Good evening all.
I thought Transcorp was supposed to pay dividend on the 19th of this month. I have not received mine.
Hope you submitted your e-mandate form and you don't have name/sign issue. If yes, call their registrar, Africa Prudential to find out, they are responsible and used to pick call or reply mail.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Desanta(m): 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2019
Mcy56:

Hope you submitted your e-mandate form and you don't have name/sign issue. If yes, call their registrar, Africa Prudential to find out, they are responsible and used to pick call or reply mail.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2019
onegentleguy:

For those who may be looking to play the ACCESS route, take a cursory look at the quick review above. U can utilize the formulae and format to ur advantage.
...u may also wish to read through my previous analysis with respect to the merger.

Clearly Mr ACCESS is now well positioned for an upswing.
For short termers, TECHNICALS are suggestive of an upswing to near the effective price level of N7.50 and above.
For long termers, its a HOLD !!

Disclosure: Access was bought into our investment portfolio a fourth night ago.
Disclaimer: NOT to be infered as any sought of recommendation.

My advise: Pls kindly follow ur instinct.

Mr ACCESS saw a slight pullback on Friday... down by ~0.72% from N6.90 to N6.85 after capturing a day high of N7.55.
Without certainty, I see the downside pressure continuing into the 1st 2-3 days of this week's trading.
Technically, I expect a bearish correction towards the N5.95-N6.25 target range, buttressed/backed by an unbroken ~N5.50 support level, before it continues with its ride up.
In any case, I am not supprised by the 5bps drop on Friday. The vicissitudes of life means that nothing moves in a straight line. ...that's why we are imperfect beings in an imperfect world.

If u where a science inclined sec. student back in the days, u would remember Hess' law of constant heat summation(also known as the law of conservation of energy) which states that the total change in enthalpy is always equal to the sum of each individual reaction, irrespective of the no of reactionary multiple steps or stages involved.
In retrospect, a 'move' from a certain point U straight to another point Y, runs in equivalence to that from same point U but with intermittent/alternating stops @ points V, W and X before heading straight up to the same destination Y.
Any market space driven by the forces of demand and supply will oftentimes follow this pattern.
Technically, most coys tend to follow the 'intermittent pattern of this law' in making their back and fourth movement.
In principle, a stock riding on a bullish parttern will oftentimes 'conserve its energy' and follow a spasmodic or cyclical price movement on its way up.
Mr ACCESS is merely 'conserving its energy by obeying' Hess' law, albeit technically.
Fundamentally however, it will reprise itself and assume 'its destination Y' in due course. Discounting all feasible risk, My FVE computes to the N11.90 price level.

One of the cardinal rules of stock market investing is to expect but NOT FEAR correction.
The way to play the 'law' will however depend on whether u are utilizing a swing, short-mid or/and long term investing STRATEGY as defined by ur set out GOAL.
Along that path, ur PERSONALITY(risk gauge, knowledge base and age) will also be KEY.
In times like this, ur technical insight will tell u WHEN to 'play a stock' and HOW best to also follow it the 'intermittent and back & fourth way' where necessary.

Try to relate this post with the part in bold from the post above.
Some folks followed the 'intermittent guide to the law' and alighted at destination W before the reversal to V' on Friday after Mr ACCESS pulled up a day high of N7.55. ...and are now waiting for the appropriate time to realign themselves and continue the journey to 'destination Y.'
This things happen !!
It is well.

Disclosure: We followed the part in bold and sold off 100% of the position in our trading portfolio @ N7.50 on Friday following from a N5.60 entry.
However, I still retain the position in my investment portfolio.
Disclaimer: NOT to be infered as any sought of recommendation. ...due diligence still applies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:28pm On Mar 24, 2019
awesomeJ:

Great insight sir.

Now I think the tax credit that comes from building roads is quite different from the ones he's been enjoying from the pioneer status.

In the case of the road construction, you build a road for say 12bn, the government says, "hey we knock off 12bn from your tax obligations" Now you still have to bear some costs building that road. The net profit may eventually be 2bn, and your own share of it may just be 1bn-seeing that you involved a separate construction company.

so that's 1bn.

In the case of pioneer status, you have about 30mtpa capacity across four production lines, and you only need to produce 18mtpa to meet available demands.

Now 2 of your lines are old, and have lost their pioneer status, but the two remaining ones are relatively new and still qualify. So you just produce about 15mtpa from the two lines, while you produce the remaining 3mtpa from the old lines.

The result is you have about 30% of say 240bn that is due as tax. But you never pay a dime. 80bn in free tax money

Now compare 1bn to 80bn, and the difference is quite clear.

I wasn't here when the DANGCEM's results were analysed, but I hope it was noticed that the major cause of the profit spike was tax credit. I also hope that it was noticed that this tax credit isn't from the road construction, rather the report says, THEY APPLIED FOR PIONEER STATUS ON SOME OF THEIR PRODUCTION LINES, BUT WHILE THEY WERE YET TO GET THE APPROVAL, THEY HAD BEEN MAKING PROVISIONS FOR THE TAX OBLIGATIONS FROM PREVIOUS YEARS' EARNINGS so late last year, they got the approval and decided to write back those provisions, so in effect part of the earnings declared in FY 2018 were made in 2017, 2016 and I guess 2015."

Thumbs up my dear !!
...U have spoken well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2019
dipoolowoo:

They simply used the DIAMOND bank LOGO... but this time, with the traditional ACCESS bank COLOUR.(and of course, name)
...thus describing a union where '2 has become 1'.

It is well !!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dominique(f): 6:28pm On Mar 24, 2019
This comment was previously blocked by the spam bots. She needs answers

maryjames9:
I have asked this question before but nobody has answered me. Please guys, where can I get a charts of these Nigeria companies so I can monitor their prices. I mean where can I get the META4TRADER chart abi na WEBTRADER chart. PLEASE YOUR ANSWER IS NEEDED.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:37pm On Mar 24, 2019
maryjames9:
I have asked this question before but nobody has answered me. Please guys, where can I get a charts of these Nigeria companies so I can monitor their prices. I mean where can I get the META4TRADER chart abi na WEBTRADER chart. PLEASE YOUR ANSWER IS NEEDED.

From your Broker. They have all the tools and information.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:50pm On Mar 24, 2019
I have not received my zenith bank dividend up till now, I use to pay myself dividend before the company start their payment, I do this by selling a day or two days before the qualification date, and buy at lower price immediately after the mark down with the total proceeds as reinvestment.

But this time I decided to allow the company to pay me, but I have not seen my zenith bank dividend, I registered for e- dividend, stating my two stockbroking account details, i.e my CSCS/CHN with Morgan capital and CSL.

I have been waiting for My Zenith bank dividend from share I have in Morgan capital stockbroker, and dividend has not come. Does it mean that one can't receive dividend from share bought using Morgan capital, because I have experience same before.

Before zenith qualification date, I sent message to VERITAS Registrars, requesting to now the status of my e- mandate form with them, and I got the below message from them.

Good day,
Thank
you for your mail.
The emandate form has
been received, approved and treated

Thank you for using the VERITAS Registrars
online enquiry service. Do have a nice day.

Olubunmi Kufoniyi|Veritas
Registrars Ltd| Customer Care Department
Direct Line I +234-01-2784168 I Switch Board
Lines: 01-2708930 - 4, 01-2793873 or 01-2716116
Office: 89A Ajose Adeogun, Victoria Island,
Lagos

Since last Thursday and Friday I have been sending message to them that I have not received my dividend, till now no reply from them. What else do I suppose to do?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:13pm On Mar 24, 2019
^^
@chibuking81, it's still the registrar that will solve the issue. You need to still get back to them. Call their line early in the morning after resumption before they get busy. There might be a reason for the delay.
I don't want to copy that long note, today na Sunday. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2019
E don tay wey i see Agba last for here. I hope you no allow what that uniform man said get to you o.
Some people dare not say what dey say online should dey be faced one-on-one with some people here.... No vex "Omo yemi" according to Sir Aremso. grin
Cc: agbalowomeri

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 8:26pm On Mar 24, 2019
APC : Guber Candidate, why did you let PDP take Imo from us?
CANDIDATE : God used it to punish Okorocha.
APC : God used YOUR FAILURE to punish the man who successfully held the state for 8 years? Why didn't you tell us your middle name was Shameless?
The ticket we gave to you was misplaced.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 8:57pm On Mar 24, 2019
Desanta:
Good evening all.
I reached out to afriprud and they said they will pay latest friday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 9:12pm On Mar 24, 2019
seriously, for me a dividend hunters 10% witholding tax is too much to give away....Imagine waiting for a million naira dividend and the govt slashes 100k as, then banks collect their pennies, what I now get is even lower than 900k.......Gradually,i am seeing the deal in capital appreciation, kpata kpata brokerage charges is just 5%.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Desanta(m): 9:34pm On Mar 24, 2019
maishai:

I reached out to afriprud and they said they will pay latest friday.
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by deepsuk(f): 12:34am On Mar 25, 2019
Shaving dis bull strong d prick long

D money long

Hope e no go fall for my face
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chegzyshade(m): 5:14am On Mar 25, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 7:40am On Mar 25, 2019
shocked hmmm
deepsuk:

Shaving dis bull strong d prick long

D money long

Hope e no go fall for my face
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 7:50am On Mar 25, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:40am On Mar 25, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 9:51am On Mar 25, 2019
DAILY STOCK MARKET GUIDE FOR 25 MARCH 2019

All share Index lost 0.01% for the week. We need to start getting used to the reduced value traded as it seems the reduced level is now the new standard!!! Trend for today likely to be UP. More details for subscribers.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis (https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget) and is not to be distributed without our authorization.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:02am On Mar 25, 2019
Access: Bid 1.3M, Offer 40.2M
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:03am On Mar 25, 2019
Mcy56:
^^
@chibuking81, it's still the registrar that will solve the issue. You need to still get back to them. Call their line early in the morning after resumption before they get busy. There might be a reason for the delay.
I don't want to copy that long note, today na Sunday. smiley
Please did you have any of their mobile line?, all their 01 number I called rang without picking.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:08am On Mar 25, 2019
Chibuking81:
Please did you have any of their mobile line?, all their 01 number I called rang without picking.
No I don't. Why are they not picking anyway? That's not good enough.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samzepaparazi: 10:23am On Mar 25, 2019
onegentleguy:

They simply used the DIAMOND bank LOGO... but this time, with the traditional ACCESS bank COLOUR.(and of course, name)
...thus describing a union where '2 has become 1'.

It is well !!

Mr Onegentleguy good to see you again.
How far our wema.

Me i like the good percentage swings kobo stocks bring.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 10:23am On Mar 25, 2019
Mcy56:
Access: Bid 1.3M, Offer 40.2M

some newbies would have burnt their fingers by now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 10:28am On Mar 25, 2019
Over 48million units of Access Bank on offer with just 4million plus bid. Hope this is not the beginning of the apocalypse?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:33am On Mar 25, 2019
aremso:
Na so. They will have to wait till the price goes up again.
Imagine the magic those cowboys performed last week Thursday, one would have thought its price will go up, but na mere IGG. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 10:35am On Mar 25, 2019
aremso:

lmao cheesy
na so we see am
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 10:36am On Mar 25, 2019
Mcy56:

Na so. They will have to wait till the price goes up again.
Imagine the magic those cowboys performed last week Thursday, one would have thought its price will go up, but na mere IGG. grin

indeed

(1) (2) (3) ... (4413) (4414) (4415) (4416) (4417) (4418) (4419) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MaXTeXJaX, eziokwunwoko(m), handsomebolanle, IPO2002, ogoo4real, dapix, floydmayweather, Mpeace(m), adamx23(m), tayejay(m), Princkez, sterlingD(m), chillykelly86(m), Emumakpo and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.