Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10901794 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2014
immanuello: I did o,then what will then be d right price pls.
Have no idea Sir. As a shareholder that you are, I am sure you will be informed duly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 11:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2cato: 5:13am On Oct 11, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 7:34am On Oct 11, 2014
Oxygen, Oando, cowboys, monkey business.....

God dey o!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 9:09am On Oct 11, 2014
Does anyone know the particular assets used by the CBN to determine the Tier 1 capital adequacy of Nigerian banks? Under Basel 1, it looks pretty simplistic but it seems Basel 2 and 3 gives the regulators in each country flexibility to make classification based on the peculiar economic climate.

My question comes against the backdrop of capital raising announcement by UBA.I didn't see it coming,like most people. So it would be nice if we can figure out other banks that would be coming to the market to raise funds. Some banks have raised Tier 2 capital via Eurobonds,etc. But its pretty obvious the CBN is more interested in Tier 1 capital,by restricting Tier 2 capital to 33% of Tier 1.If CBN has stripped some assets as part of Tier 1 capital calculation,it means undercapitalised banks will be torn between raising common equity or reducing the amount of risk weighted assets ( Loan book and Non-performing loans) to stay adequately capitalized - the former looks more feasible.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 9:38am On Oct 11, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 9:58am On Oct 11, 2014
Charlesnerd:
Does anyone know the particular assets used by the CBN to determine the Tier 1 capital adequacy of Nigerian banks? Under Basel 1, it looks pretty simplistic but it seems Basel 2 and 3 gives the regulators in each country flexibility to make classification based on the peculiar economic climate.
My question comes against the backdrop of capital raising announcement by UBA.I didn't see it coming,like most people. So it would be nice if we can figure out other banks that would be coming to the market to raise funds. Some banks have raised Tier 2 capital via Eurobonds,etc. But its pretty obvious the CBN is more interested in Tier 1 capital,by restricting Tier 2 capital to 33% of Tier 1.If CBN has stripped some assets as part of Tier 1 capital calculation,it means undercapitalised banks will be torn between raising common equity or reducing the amount of risk weighted assets ( Loan book and Non-performing loans) to stay adequately capitalized - the former looks more feasible.

All you have stated above is correct. On a broader note, the introduction of the 33.3% cap on T2 capital is the game changer here. It means your numerator will reduce and hence a lower ratio.

The focus here is on T1 capital since it is devoid of manipulation, at least to some extent. Imagine issuing a convertible debt and you are allowed to use it 100% in calculating the CAR.

See here for the omponents of T1C http://www.cenbank.org/out/2013/bsd/2guidance%20notes%20on%20regulatory%20capital.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 10:19am On Oct 11, 2014
Thanks Aks and omoajo1.

Let me follow through the links provided.

Taking this information at face value implies H1 2015 really looks bleak for the banks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by joseph1013: 11:10am On Oct 11, 2014
Charlesnerd:

What's the implication of these announcements on shock prices?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by amustsuccess(m): 12:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
mercylicious:

it happens only when u did nt log out well on a browser and wants to use another browser.
open itrade on d last browser u used n log out. this will resolve d issue. it also happens when ur folio/customers time out.

Hello Mercylicious, still haven't heard from you. Please, can you refer me to someone of reputation, that I can speak to about agriculture. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 12:14pm On Oct 11, 2014
2cato:
do you have any idea why UBA is falling at a faster rate
pls sir,I am keen to hear on why uba is falling like a pack of card.Or could it be because some peeps have seen the 3rd quarter result maybe flat or negative.Though i had it that d right would be 1-10 but at what price?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 12:44pm On Oct 11, 2014
joseph1013:

What's the implication of these announcements on shock prices?

Well,honestly can't say the exact implication on prices,the market could have factored all these into the current prices cos "the market has a mind of its own", CC: Skye ; O & O.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
amustsuccess:

Hello Mercylicious, still haven't heard from you. Please, can you refer me to someone of reputation, that I can speak to about agriculture. Thanks
Please go to this section of Nairaland for your enquiries: https://www.nairaland.com/agriculture
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 11, 2014
amustsuccess:

plz check d mailbox u attached to nairaland. ie, ur yahooo or gmail etc
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2014
jamace:
Please go to this section of Nairaland for your enquiries: https://www.nairaland.com/agriculture
grin
person dey find me, come trace my house to investment session u come dey refer am to my village
Plz go and find institutional investors dt will mop up ftncocoa at a faster rate.
grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
Where is evilspirit?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kokobaba: 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
@house,
Am already planning towards 2015. Going forward, this is what I intend to do:
Am moving out of the banks cos I think the cbn regulation and headwind is going to extend till 2015 and I feel the scenario in the banking sector is going to be the same as this year if not worse. The banks will definitely declare dividends as usual but it might fall.
I am pitching my tent majorly with companies in the consumer sector and also oil and gas. I feel these companies should be able to give me the capital appreciation I desire.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
Yem0350:
Where is evilspirit?

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
mercylicious:

grin
person dey find me, come trace my house to investment session u come dey refer am to my village
Plz go and find institutional investors dt will mop up ftncocoa at a faster rate.
grin
grin grin De guy seems desperate that is why I referred him to the village where the real farmers are. grin
About ftncocoa, it will make us proud in due season. Monkey business is seasonal, you know. grin Happy weekend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2014
kokobaba:
@house,
Am moving out of the banks cos I think the cbn regulation and headwind is going to extend till 2015 and I feel the scenario in the banking sector is going to be the same as this year if not worse. The banks will definitely declare dividends as usual but it might fall.
I am pitching my tent majorly with companies in the consumer sector and also oil and gas. I feel these companies should be able to give me the capital appreciation I desire.
Last week, I read a FITCH assessment of the banking sector and they predicted an 18months period of low earnings due to tight regulatory measures.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 11, 2014
Yem0350:
Where is evilspirit?

Holy spirit has pursue evil spirit! No need for any evil spirit as d market is still bearish... Lol!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by joseph1013: 11:54am On Oct 12, 2014
Mpeace:
Last week, I read a FITCH assessment of the banking sector and they predicted an 18months period of low earnings due to tight regulatory measures.

Please, do share the link with me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 12:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
d mighty 1s r falli

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
kokobaba:
@house,
You berra be careful oil dwindling oil prices though@$83 and possibly will get to $65-$70.Infact oil stocks are just too pricey as i write now.you berra look else where my brother.For banks come bck by March/June 2015.For oil stocks(in d next 2yrs always watch d OPEC oil politics trend which between u.s.a(shale oil) vs OPEC oil(more supplies)-----)lower consumption from largest oil consumer(China) cos of unimproving economic growth data seen and forecasted.I see more glut and henceforth supply will outstrip demand=lower price to be able to sell but unfortunately economy isn't well moneywise rich,and there comes d problem o.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2cato: 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
Pleas O wetin make uba and first they fall? Even if na rumour or lie lie news i will accept.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 12, 2014
2cato:
Pleas O wetin make uba and first they fall? Even if na rumour or lie lie news i will accept.

This is bear season and as such, uba is nt d only stock affected.

they are planning a right issue. maybe ppl dey fear dilution.
also, frm experience, once right issue start, bull will elude d stock till after right issue. bt the price might still rally b4 d right issue.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mercifull(f): 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
hello bnsitl.how we dey na?i've been a silent follower.nothing much to say.
hello mercy,how r u?you once talked about buying cows to give aboki to rear for you.please how is that going?i'm in the north and a colleague suggested that buisness for me.how does it work really?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 8:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
Hello d ogas, kindly suggest stock picks for dis wk and leave d DD for us
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by amustsuccess(m): 10:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
Oh, is it. I guess I deleted it mistakenly as i get tons of emails via inbox/spam. I would appreciate if you take out time to resend it.
Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by amustsuccess(m): 10:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
mercylicious:

grin
grin

Na wah O.... just because I no de too vocal for this group no mean say I no de keep up with every activity. Some of una come turn me to woman chaser. Abeg, make una try dey secure.
@mercylicious
Oh, is it. I guess I deleted it mistakenly as i get tons of emails via inbox/spam. I would appreciate if you take out time to resend it.
Regards.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 11:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
amustsuccess:

Na wah O.... just because I no de too vocal for this group no mean say I no de keep up with every activity. Some of una come turn me to woman chaser. Abeg, make una try dey secure.
@mercylicious
Regards.
tons of emails from woman

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 11:43pm On Oct 12, 2014
amustsuccess:

@mercylicious
Regards.
tons of emails from woman?

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mk3jax, Picky1, toyeoye(m), LordAdam16 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.