Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,448 members, 7,861,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:08 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11072408 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4833) (4834) (4835) (4836) (4837) (4838) (4839) ... (7816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 1:06pm On Sep 09, 2019
Uchetoba:

Uacn may fall back to 4 naira or there about so that I can enter comfortably

As for that good for nothing uac-prop I will not go close to it except it falls to 60 kobo

What even prompted the rally, how come it surdenly moved from 4.5 naira to above 6 naira any new? Uacn I mean
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2019
PETERiCHY:
Sometime in 2017 there was a HEAVY CROSS DEAL worth BILLIONS of Naira on FBHN @N4:00k

So BARGAINS HUNTERS you can taking a look at current @N4:40K.

*ThE OcToPuS*

FBHN now on FULL BID

Rightnow BARGAIN HUNTERS that heed to our CALL grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
I am not there oooooo. Surprised at the stellar performance of the new Access Bank.
TraDeRR:

Hope say you dey inside the bus oga grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2019
onegentleguy:
With the just released H1 2019 result from ACCESS BANK(which majorly inculcated the risk-adjusted impact of asset deterioration from the merger with diamond), it will be BEST to seriously consider having ACCESS in ones investment portfolio now.(if u are yet to do that)

At 1st glance, the H1 financial print shows an all-touching boost accross all revenue and earnings line with a pointer to margins growing at a faster rate than EM at the back of an improving AsQ and AsY.

One thing that impresses me, is the current ACCRUALS RATIO(an analytical tool that aims to gauge the persistence and sustainability of a coys earnings setting aside the risk of a possible manipulation). ...which is especially useful for companies that have just expanded, following from an organic/inorganic growth or have merged/acquired an asset with a perceived low quality.
With ACCESS, current accruals ratio(both from a cashflow and balance sheet perspective) is HEALTHY.

Other KEY financial indicators also paints of a grossly underpriced asset.
Raking off all feasible risk and assuming zero growth to YE, I have a FVE of N15.7 for ACCESS. ...and quite frankly, that would be me been extremely cautious with valuation.

The same can also be said of fellow 1st tier peers, UBA and ZENITH. ...and tier 2 fellows FCMB and FIDELITY.

CAVEAT: This is no license to any sought of recommendation. ...due diligence should still remain ur 1st priority.
My advise: Pls kindly follow ur instinct.

Oga which companies are your best from the Accruals ratio perspective?
I'm tired of reading manipulative earnings reports.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
immediately I saw that whale,agba and oracle came to mind.the mattress gangs!

Lol if I get 10% of that I go dey follow una post for here grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2019
PETERiCHY:

FBHN now on FULL BID

Rightnow BARGAIN HUNTERS that heed to our CALL grin
Wait naa oga peter. I never finish load. Make full bid hold small make I chop my Access dividend.
I need to fully enter FBNH before q3 result is out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2019
Mpeace:
Wait naa oga peter. I never finish load. Make full bid hold small make I chop my Access dividend.

Lol FBNH that will be on full offer tomorrow grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by arduino: 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Oga cool down make this thing recover small nah.... Children started school today fa.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

...wetin @Agbalowomeri see with one eye, small pikin eyes no fit see 'am with 2 eyes wide opened! I feel you
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 3:22pm On Sep 09, 2019
Stock with new 52 week lows
Livestock #0.39k
Stock with new 52 week highs
John holt #0.61k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2019
austinkenneth:

Oga which companies are your best from the Accruals ratio perspective?
I'm tired of reading manipulative earnings reports.

Am sure u know that u can not totally rule out manipulative tendencies anywhere in the world, particularly in this clime.
That's why every investment often carries a certain weight of RISK with it !!
...what we can only do, is to as much as possible, seek ways to reduce it to a bearable minimum(investing preference in view) using certain extreme indicative tools. Which is what the thing about ACCRUALS RATIO partly seeks to achieve.

I like to utilize both the BALANCE SHEET based and CASHFLOW based accruals ratio, but FOCUS more on the latter where there is a likely suspicion with revenue and earnings delivery.

That said; CAVERTON, FCMB, FIDELITY, FO, UACN, ZENITH, ACCESS, UBA, WAPCO, and CONOIL currently form my best picks in that line.(best value drive in view)

They also have a good ALTMAN Z-SCORE !!
...and a great UPR(upside potential ratio) ...an indicative tool that's used to guage the degree of attractiveness of an assets inherent return when measured against a higher negative deviation that's below an acceptable risk-free rate.

AIICO is also HIGH up my scale of preference based on UPR.

It'd be wise to gradually position oneself in these coys now !!(in line with ur investment strategy, horizon and goals)

But then again; this is NOT an investment recommendation.
My advice? ...Just follow ur instinct.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DUNKA(m): 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
Please, which is better to process an e-dividend mandate through a Bank or through a stockbroker?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2019
Do through the bank and get in touch with the Registrar.
DUNKA:
Please, which is better to process an e-dividend mandate through a Bank or through a stockbroker?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Ndi imitation Prophet abikwa ozo ooo.................................................. grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
TraDeRR:

Phemmie time to visit that broker of yours in person..
Morgan Capital forgot to convert/change my diamond to access but for the entire time my diamond bank shares were still showing.. i will go to access and be selling until when I got tired of seeing the name “diamond” in my portfolio.. I then sent an email to them.

Thanks, I once visited the firm last month before then I made I sent a mail and I was called by someone from the firm asking me if I have filled a form for the conversion? I was surprised but when I got to their office, I was asked to forward the mail I sent to the registrars to them and which I did. The mail was forwarded to the registrar through them alongside with my transfer form. But till date I am yet to hear from them. I sent another mail last week to united securities but they told me they want to confirm my transfer form.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:29pm On Sep 09, 2019
veecovee:

smiley uchetoba
Uche + Toba
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 7:02pm On Sep 09, 2019
Yet another perspective to the VALUE proposition in UACN(weighted against its subset, UPDC and UPDC REITS)

Aside the thing about comparing their ALTMAN Z-SCORE(which I highted in the past), there's a bit more.

...a brief;

1st off; according to the proposed unbundling, the shareholders of UACN are to get stakes in UPDC and UPDC REITS post rights issuance to updc shareholders, which is expected to raise near N16B to offset the bridge loan taken from UACN.

3 benefits;

1) Given that the allotment of shares comes post rights issue by UPDC, the shareholders of UACN are totally exempt from any impact of a likely equity dilution.

2) UACN will get a good boost from the leverage(approx N16B) accrued from the rights.
Again, UACN will also indirectly benefit from all the restructuring initiative of the unbundling, including an asset allocation with a current mkt value of near N9B to UPDC(plus an interest payment of over N20B accrued to updc in the reits)

3) The unbundling and 'gifting' to current shareholders of UACN also means they'll immediately partake of accrual gains and future EV(enterprise values) of the subsets, updc and updc-reits.

Using the sum of all parts(SOTP) valuation technique(an indicative tool used to guage the likely value of the subsidiaries/constituents that form a holding company when been sold/spun off or divested from), we can further look in on the inherent VALUE passable to the group.(UACN)
...The idea is to break up the 2 subsets away from the holding coy/conglomerate, and try to value them seperately.

Using this technique(adjudged from the benefits with the subsets updc and updc-reits EV, RoIC, EV to EBIT, OS, PEG and P/B) as well as its current financial status in view, and adjusting for risk, I have a re-adjusted FVE of approx N18.25 for UACN.
...this is assuming zero% growth to YE.(Assuming that UACN makes zero earning in H2, 2019)

Away from the proposed unbundling, the group is also looking to spun off from its hotel business arm, updc hotel(UHL) to aide more leverage.(assets classified as held for sale/distribution to owners in view)
...and a total revamp of its quick service restaurant arm(UAC restaurant) to further boost earnings.

VERDICT: UACN remains a strong BUY for us !!
While short term price prospect is uncertain(due mainly to the current volatility in the mkt), medium term prospect is STRONG and with a lot of drive.

My advice: Just follow ur instinct.

No further comment on UACN !!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 7:18pm On Sep 09, 2019
phemmie06:

Thanks, I once visited the firm last month before then I made I sent a mail and I was called by someone from the firm asking me if I have filled a form for the conversion? I was surprised but when I got to their office, I was asked to forward the mail I sent to the registrars to them and which I did. The mail was forwarded to the registrar through them alongside with my transfer form. But till date I am yet to hear from them. I sent another mail last week to united securities but they told me they want to confirm my transfer form.
Thanks

Were the holdings in your name in CSCS? If yes, then the transfer malerky is utter BS.
Wetin concern stock wey already dey 4 CSCS with transfer form when there is no beneficial party...

The same reason why I will sell all my DF if it ever hits N23ish (greed?) before the take over
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2019
Mpeace:

September School fees is OVER
So we should EXPECT some RESPITES. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:52pm On Sep 09, 2019
PETERiCHY:

September School fees is OVER
So we should EXPECT some RESPITES. grin

No worry, ask Chibubear what befell him grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2019
bigjay01:

Were the holdings in your name in CSCS? If yes, then the transfer malerky is utter BS.
Wetin concern stock wey already dey 4 CSCS with transfer form when there is no beneficial party...

The same reason why I will sell all my DF if it ever hits N23ish (greed?) before the take over
phemmie06:

Thanks

Like seriously? Transfer form ke? Phemmie nothing absolutely nothing concern you access equivalent with transfer form..
You don’t have any business with the registrar my brother.. let your brother find your shares for you.. how can it just disappear? No Diamond, No Access..
Go to their office again and this time do not leave until you see you Access shares in your portfolio..
I sold all my access shares before filling out the 1 naira cash consideration form slf..
I don’t know why it’s not showing in you portfolio but when market opens tomorrow, go to Access and try to sell like 10 units to see if it will go through..
If it doesn’t, that means it’s not in cscs also and my dear your broker gotta answer some questions..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
simply put"I beg don't spoil the uacn rally ooo"hold your portfolio till I exit!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
simply put"I beg don't spoil the uacn rally ooo"hold your portfolio till I exit!

Na only u dey chop all the rallies grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Rejoice04(f): 9:15pm On Sep 09, 2019
Good evening house.

Please if one sell his/her shares are the bonuses that was given before selling the shares Still valid?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mrsdelight: 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2019
pluto09:

How I just wish that aiico will be more efficient in assets utilisation and show more consistency grin grin

We the aiico directors wish for the same thing too.

Any idea on how this can be achieved?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2019
Rejoice04:
Good evening house.

Please if one sell his/her shares are the bonuses that was given before selling the shares Still valid?

yes yes still valid!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 10:16pm On Sep 09, 2019
TraDeRR:

Like seriously? Transfer form ke? Phemmie nothing absolutely nothing concern you access equivalent with transfer form..
You don’t have any business with the registrar my brother.. let your brother find your shares for you.. how can it just disappear? No Diamond, No Access..
Go to their office again and this time do not leave until you see you Access shares in your portfolio..
I sold all my access shares before filling out the 1 naira cash consideration form slf..
I don’t know why it’s not showing in you portfolio but when market opens tomorrow, go to Access and try to sell like 10 units to see if it will go through..
If it doesn’t, that means it’s not in cscs also and my dear your broker gotta answer some questions..
This is the message from the registrars

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 09, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

When Shoprite was looted, the book section was not touched, so I heard..... grin

I believe if the looting was legal, you would have looted the book section.... grin

Prove it!

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/capitaladequacyratio.asp

Oga prof u go like dey give ur students assignment well a. Thank you for d expo. Next time I no go ask question na to dey copy I go dey do. If na legal? Me go loot am bring am to u make u do d reading make I copy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 09, 2019
onegentleguy:

CAR(an acronym for capital adequacy ratio, also known as capital asset ratio) is the % ratio of a banks qualifying capital against its exposure to credit risk.
...more like a way to guage what proportion of a banks total capital is at risk.
It's a sought of benchmark used by the regulator(CBN) to ensure that a banks credit exposure can absorb a certain amount of risk without compromising its capital requirements.

Assuming u own a bank where CAR estimates @ 30%.
It means that ur banks credit risk exposure is 30% of ur qualifying capital position(liabilities)
By extrapolation, for every N1 that ur bank gets(deposit pool), u are @ risk of 'losing' 30k from it.
...the lower the CAR, the higher ur exposure to risk... and the closer u'll be to perhaps going under.
Which is why the apex body(CBN) tries to regulate it to ensure the safety of depositors and by extension, shareholders funds.

In principle, a good CAR helps to put a check on NPL(non-performing loans) while assuming a good liquidity level.

thank you sir for taking your time to explain everything. Your are good teacher and you like sharing your ideas with people.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 12:51am On Sep 10, 2019
phemmie06:

This is the message from the registrars

Firstly, know that you are dealing with a worst registrar.. they can send you that message one million times and not solve the problem.
I already suggest to you what to do tomorrow morning once market opens.. if you succeed to sell at least 5 units in Access, then your shares are intact with cscs.. probably your broker just being lazy to do their job..
If you are unable to sell, open an online portfolio monitoring account with cscs.. i think its 500 naira monthly (don’t know how much it is now) print out your statement, send it to you broker let them find your Access Diamond shares for you.. no too much story here.. Or you start planning your next visit to your broker’s office.. if e no dey your cscs online account, e no dey anywhere bi dat..
BTW which broker are you using?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4833) (4834) (4835) (4836) (4837) (4838) (4839) ... (7816) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hedgefunds, Emumakpo, Choiceguy, Laso09 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.