Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,349 members, 7,836,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10973219 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4830) (4831) (4832) (4833) (4834) (4835) (4836) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:57pm On Sep 07, 2019
Infinitisi:
1. You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

2. Because somebody is full of drama does not mean you have to stay and witness the performance.

Both quotes above have served me well in this life. Wish more people on this thread will adopt that attitude.

I ENDORSE this post through and through !!
...wish folks can learn from it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2019
Valueinvestor:
I dont even know which "stock " i should pick now, either .... or Mcy56.Both of them seem to be on full bid . grin grin. .
Lol. Me dey on full offer now cos I don divorce Agba, drama is too much in his 'empire'. We never finish when he start to dey look at another one again. grin
Thanks for the good words anyway. Me no get issue with anyone. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2019
revelation of the year!yayira=traderr!what?people can code o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stevemarkdangot(m): 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2019
Hello Bosses, I am new on this thread and willing to learn big time.
I have some money I will like to invest, I searched through the net and I find Treasury Bills, mutual funds and Fixed deposit intresting due to little risk associated with them. I will be happy if you all can give recommendations on the best to go for and the financial institutions/houses with best offer. Other similar investment advices will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2019
stevemarkdangot:
I have some money I will like to invest, I searched through the net and I find Treasury Bills, mutual funds and Fixed deposit intresting due to little risk associated with them. I will be happy if you all can give recommendations on the best to go for and the financial institutions/houses with best offer. Other similar investment advices will be appreciated.
Thanks.

I would recommend you go for TB if your risk is low

https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria/856#81535489

For mutual funds, go for money market funds, from Stannic, ARM .

I don't recommend fixed deposits.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stevemarkdangot(m): 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

I would recommend you go for TB if your risk is low

https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria/856#81535489

For mutual funds, go for money market funds, from Stannic, ARM .

I don't recommend fixed deposits.
Thanks Sir.
Do you have any recommendation on other moderate risk investment with high returns?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Qokie: 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2019
stevemarkdangot:
Thanks.

This is not the time. I still dey watch fight. When dem don tear clothe naked and I see bobbi finish, I will come back to you with answer.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stevemarkdangot(m): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2019
Qokie:

This is not the time. I still dey watch fight. When dem don tear clothe naked and I see bobbi finish, I will come back to you with answer.
Ok Sir.
I am patiently waiting.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2019
stevemarkdangot:

Thanks Sir.
Do you have any recommendation on other moderate risk investment with high returns?

low risk - TB.

Moderate risk - Money Market Fund(MMF)

High risk - Equalities.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2019
I AM SEARCHING FOR THE NEXT SUPERNORMAL GROWTH STOCK. THE LAST SUPERNORMAL GROWTH STOCK IN NSE WAS CCNN, THIS BATON WAS PASSED TO DANGOTE FLOURMILL.
WHO CAN SPOT THE NEXT ONE WITHOUT USING A CRYSTAL BALL, BUT USING EXISTING MODELS
LIKE...
Gordan constant growth model

Dividend discount model (DDM)

Capital asset pricing model (CAPM)

What is a Supernormal Growth Stock?
A supernormal growth stock is a security that experiences especially robust growth for a time, then eventually reverts back to normal levels of growth. During their supernormal growth stage, these stocks outperform the market significantly and provide investors with returns that are well above average. In order to be considered a supernormal growth stock, a stock’s price must continue to grow at an unusually fast pace for at least one year.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2019
Witches:

you mean you did not take profit at 9 naira? why ?

do you regret not selling high?

Regret ke? Me na loooong term I de dooo ooo. What of all the divs I have collected since? My UBA holdings is sitting on a very +ve position.

My old man is 83, he still has a lot of shares bought in the 70s.

I can preach a very good sermon on long term holding grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 6:08pm On Sep 07, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:
I AM SEARCHING FOR THE NEXT SUPERNORMAL GROWTH STOCK. THE LAST SUPERNORMAL GROWTH STOCK IN NSE WAS CCNN, THIS BATON WAS PASSED TO DANGOTE FLOURMILL.
WHO CAN SPOT THE NEXT ONE WITHOUT USING A CRYSTAL BALL, BUT USING EXISTING MODELS
LIKE...
Gordan constant growth model

Dividend discount model (DDM)

Capital asset pricing model (CAPM)

What is a Supernormal Growth Stock?
A supernormal growth stock is a security that experiences especially robust growth for a time, then eventually reverts back to normal levels of growth. During their supernormal growth stage, these stocks outperform the market significantly and provide investors with returns that are well above average. In order to be considered a supernormal growth stock, a stock’s price must continue to grow at an unusually fast pace for at least one year.

Does all these models; DDM, CAPM works for unconventional system like Nigeria. A system where high business risk levels including; fx, security, commodity, inflation, interest rate, market risks and others threatens the stability and existence of majority of stocks on NSE.

Imagine using Dividend discount model to value stocks on Nigeria stock exchange. How many stocks on nse (excluding some tier 1 banks) can we consistently predict their cashflow, eps and payout ratio? Our unconventional economy and market system have too much inbuilt risk profile that makes it highly difficult to use these models to predict direction of stocks on nse.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 6:09pm On Sep 07, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Babe no carry ya own enter the mix o. Just leave them

Agbàyá sir grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:46pm On Sep 07, 2019
Will the Elephant's legs too BIG to shatter its Lower Channel?
FBNH has been operating within the confine of a channel since 2018, now the stock price is attempting another touch of the lower channel. Will the lower channel reject the price at this level or the elephant will be too strong for the lower channel to carry its weight? Coincidentally, lower channel is also at a support zone between 3.77 & 3.57. Price rejection at this zone is critical for the stock for an uptrend to commence

chart: https://uk.tradingview.com/chart/FBNH/2Z9XxOI3-Will-the-Elephant-s-legs-too-BIG-to-shatter-its-Lower-Channel/

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by isreddnewgreen: 6:47pm On Sep 07, 2019
courage89:

Does all these models; DDM, CAPM works for unconventional system like Nigeria. A system where high business risk levels including; fx, security, commodity, inflation, interest rate, market risks and others threatens the stability and existence of majority of stocks on NSE.

Imagine using Dividend discount model to value stocks on Nigeria stock exchange. How many stocks on nse (excluding some tier 1 banks) can we consistently predict their cashflow, eps and payout ratio? Our unconventional economy and market system have too much inbuilt risk profile that makes it highly difficult to use these models to predict direction of stocks on nse.

Triply endorsed.
I believe neither of cynicism, country-hatred or malice informed this thought of yours.
Pick your equities poison with necessary dose of salt. More careful risk-taking , likely more reward.

Careful how you stick out your neck here. G'luck.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2019
stcool:
Access & UBA result is making me unhappy with holding my Fidelity.

Access looking like future GTB in retail banking
UBA looking like future Zenith in Commercial banking

If UBA can come lower, would add more units and wait for mark down to enter Access!

UBA stand a chance of recording a higher final year EPs than Access bank. Access came up to 1.90 diluted eps with help of q1 eps of 1.37 which did not include newly added outstanding share of former Diamond bank. In q1 Access recorded 1.37 EPs and q2 1.90 an increase of 53 kobo, while UBA has 82 kobo in q1 2019 and 1.62 in q2 an increase of 80 kobo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by brandable: 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2019
bigjay01:

Regret ke? Me na loooong term I de dooo ooo. What of all the divs I have collected since? My UBA holdings is sitting on a very +ve position.

Please preach oo. Someone will definitely be inspired by your story.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:52pm On Sep 07, 2019
Chibuking81:

UBA stand a chance of recording a higher final year EPs than Access bank. Access came up to 1.90 diluted eps with help of q1 eps of 1.37 which did not include newly added outstanding share of former Diamond bank. In q1 Access recorded 1.37 EPs and q2 1.90 an increase of 53 kobo, while UBA has 82 kobo in q1 2019 and 1.62 in q2 an increase of 80 kobo.
Are u sure u know what you are saying?
EPS is PAT divided by total outstanding shares.
If you are saying that they made more profit in q1 than in q2 then that is manageable. Access bank q2 of last year was equally not as good as q1.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2019
bigjay01:

But in my own view the personal bailing out and re entering at lower prices would still accumulate more wealth than you even with all the dividend. Just my own opinion though cos I have practically done both

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by John4you(m): 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2019
*���Do you Need your own News website, or business / personal website at a lower cost?����* We can create a website that meet your needs for *#18,500 only.*
Quality website at a cheaper rate.
You can reply me via inbox this WhatsApp number, if you're interested or visit our website at *www.TheWebmaster.com.ng*
Our contacts for those that need Websites or Blogs

*Email address* johneghubare@gmail.com
Or
hello@thewebmaster.com.ng

*Phone Numbers* +2347032330424,
*Address* plot 18, Bola Odupitan street, Amuwo Odofin, Lagos state, Nigeria.

*Our prices start from #18, 500*
Quality website at a cheaper rate.
*(1) Micro plan 001* = #19,500 ( This includes domain name like www.YourName.com.ng )  with one month support from us.

*(2) Micro plan= 002* #25,200 ( This includes domain name like www.YourName.com )  with 3 months support from us. With 1 email, Site Security, 

*(3) Macro plan*= #30,500 ( This includes domain name like www.YourName.com, .org, .ng )  with 6 months support from us.

With unlimited emails, Site Security,

*(4) Oga plan*= #62,500 ( This includes domain name like www.YourName.ng .com, org etc)  with one year support from us. With unlimited emails, Site Security,  unlimited space.

*Some of our previous Projects:*
www.iReporters.com.ng

www.penminds.com

www.johnnybility.com
www.premort.com.ng
And many more...
*Here are the 3 major this you need to know about website*

You will need the following;

(1) A domain name. E.g. www.google.com 

(2) Hosting ( the company that will host your website) this is a company that store all your online information and make it available to online users.

(3) Web designer/ developer. 

We'll take care of everything for you and create your beautiful website to your liking.
We also sale WP Themes and plugins for as low as #5,000 ONLY.
At TheWebmaster.com.ng, We build your Digital home.
*Inbox me now*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 10:45pm On Sep 07, 2019
aremso:

But in my own view the personal bailing out and re entering at lower prices would still accumulate more wealth than you even with all the dividend. Just my own opinion though cos I have practically done both

As I no ve technician nko. Am not schooled in the art of timing the market, so lately I only pick fundamental stocks at my comfortable junction and not worry so much about highs and lows etc. I just de chop dividend de go.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 11:16pm On Sep 07, 2019
Mpeace:
Are u sure u know what you are saying?
EPS is PAT divided by total outstanding shares.
If you are saying that they made more profit in q1 than in q2 then that is manageable. Access bank q2 of last year was equally not as good as q1.

chibuking not far from true. even 32.2B outstanding share was used to calculate eps instead of 35.5B

if they use 35.5B outstanding,,, eps will be 1.75 instead of 1.93.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:19pm On Sep 07, 2019
bigjay01:

As I no ve technician nko. Am not schooled in the art of timing the market, so lately I only pick fundamental stocks at my comfortable junction and not worry so much about highs and lows etc. I just de chop dividend de go.
One funny thing about the fundamental and non-fundamental stocks is that when bulls comes, e no know which be which. Bull touches all. I remember the last mega bull, it even caught the less fundamental stocks like Transcorp and diamond bank more that some fundamental stocks like UbA and Access

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2019
currentprice:

chibuking not far from true. even 32.2B outstanding share was used to calculate eps instead of 35.5B

if they use 35.5B outstanding,,, eps will be 1.75 instead of 1.93.

grin grin grin grin

I prefer UBA to Access.
I repeat, I prefer UBA to Access.
I will send you a PM to avoid derailing this thread.
I don't like Tony's companies, but I prefer UBA to Access.

NB: I don't have any of the two up to 50units... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:40pm On Sep 07, 2019
Chibuking81:

I disagree with you, but you said 'stand a better chance', this has given you an escape route... grin

Wigwe will not allow UBA to spoil his future fund raising plans..... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pinbar(m): 12:09am On Sep 08, 2019
i don find my people come here grin grin grin .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 1:26am On Sep 08, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Babe no carry ya own enter the mix o. Just leave them

Baba... Weekend bash. Going as you planned.... I will soon call Meshpips to use his analysis tool to drill into the matter so we can get to the bottom of this banter.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 1:40am On Sep 08, 2019
Mpeace:
One funny thing about the fundamental and non-fundamental stocks is that when bulls comes, e no know which be which. Bull touches all. I remember the last mega bull, it even caught the less fundamental stocks like Transcorp and diamond bank more that some fundamental stocks like UbA and Access

This is the only reason I will play kalokalo with Wema. This is the only banking stock left to fiddle with. I just pray it gets to 50k junction quickly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 2:08am On Sep 08, 2019
TraDeRR:

Yes it’s me! Lolz
Yes, we’ll do stock but first plead with your country girl to leave me out of her post!
Only one person here have asked her to leave me alone .. how can y’all just read her comments about me and say nothing but the moment I reply her I’ll start seeing post like “let’s do stocks only”
Abi na because I no be Nigerian ? Lolz ok oo

International grudge or is it intercontinental beef?

I miss the Yayi in you o. That peace loving, fun loving, easy going lady that was adorned with diamonds as a result of her prayer, patience and resilience. I want to challenge you and Mcy to argue more, but this time constructively to spot a stock that can produce diamond gains again abeg.

#bringbackouryayira

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:13am On Sep 08, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:23am On Sep 08, 2019
Now is the good time to bargain for MTN Nigeria Stock
With newly introduced stock into the Nigerian Stock Exchange, MTN is now looking for a support zone to hold its pullback price. A price below 132 will apparently not be a bad idea for the moment...

chart: https://uk.tradingview.com/chart/MTNN/FZzBLHzi-Now-is-the-good-time-to-bargain-for-MTN-Nigeria-Stock/

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4830) (4831) (4832) (4833) (4834) (4835) (4836) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.