Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,181 members, 7,835,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4884) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10970266 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4881) (4882) (4883) (4884) (4885) (4886) (4887) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
PETERiCHY:
If your CHURCH can't CHANGE you better CHANGE your CHURCH.
ZENITHBANK now calling last passenger at N18:70k..........................................................Destination Circa #22... *ThE OcToPuS*
Peter has entered Zee. grin grin
You sold your FBNH already ? Seems it still have potential to move up IMO........barring any negative news.
Seems the trending thing now is taking short short profit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mcy56:

You sold your FBNH already ? Seems it still have potential to move up IMO........barring any negative news.

Is Nigeria a long term project? grin grin grin
Even the President shorts the economy... grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tornadoz(m): 12:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
Please can someone help me?
I have some shares totalling 1000 units. By the way my mum bought the shares for me in 2006. I want to sell the shares and I'm told as at yesterday Transcorp was selling for #1.04 which means my 1000 unit shares are worth only #1000 or so. Is my broker right?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 12:13pm On Sep 26, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:16pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tornadoz:
I have some shares totalling 1000 units. By the way my mum bought the shares for me in 2006. I want to sell the shares and I'm told as at yesterday Transcorp was selling for #1.04 which means my 1000 unit shares are worth only #1000 or so. Is my broker right?
If the stock is transcorp, your broker was right. Its current price is 1.02 naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:16pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tornadoz:

you may not even get up to the 1k
If it is in certificate, they will charge for dematerialisation
They will also charge commission for selling

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

you may not even get up to the 1k
If it is in certificate, they will charge for dematerialisation
They will also charge commission for selling

You will also spend your airtime, transport, Data (like you just did here etc), spare time, etc etc.
just leave the 1000 shares alone for now, whenever your colleagues are discussing of their achievements, brag that you are a CORE shareholder in Transcorp... grin grin grin

NB: My dry bones plenty ooo grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 12:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mcy56:

TB rates for a whole 1year tenor is now circa13% and you want me to gamble away cool 26% profit that I got in less than 3weeks

Well "CONTENTMENT with GODLINESS is GREAT GAIN" cool

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
There has been a reoccurance of mergers/aquisation or takeover/buyout and follow-up delisting of some quoted companies on the NSE bourse.

Over the yrs, the likes of NBC, BAGCO, IHS, CAPPA & D'ALBERTO, OASIS INSURANCE, CRUSADER INSURANCE, 7-UP, ASHAKA CEMENT, AVON CROWN CAPS, DIAMOND BANK, NEWREST ASL, DANGOTE FLOUR, CONTINENTAL RE, 1ST ALUMINIUM and most recently AG LEVENTIS to mention just a few, have either undergone a merger, aquisation or takeover/buyout. ...with the last 6 all brokered in less than a year !!
However, I think we might see a few more in the not-so-distant future.

Given the current position of their financial print(balance sheet position in view) in relation to their present equity prices, the following coys could be future candidates for a merger, aquisation or take over/buy out:

NEIMETH PHARMACEUTICALS, CHAMS, FO, GLAXOSMITHKLINE NIG, COURTVILLE, TRANEX(trans-nationwide express), UNIONDAC, PZ and BERGER PAINTS PLC.

Why?

1st off, is to ascertain if there are doubts surrounding the survival of these companies, so one doesn't lose their money taking(early) positions in them. And next, is to look in on their current earnings capacity, then gauge its relative sustainability over time.

On that line, keeping a tag on their OHLSONS O-SCORE(a key financial tool used to forecast if a company could go bankrupt), I see them remaining as a going concern. ...which makes them attractive candidates for 'external forces'(investors) who could bid to take them on at a cheap and turn them around.

...and using the EPP(earnings persistence approach: a valuation technique used to predict how often the earnings return of a coy will likely continue to reoccur over time after raking-off risk), I see a higher probability that any take over/buy out(should they occur) will be priced @ great premiums to their current market prices.
With some, at potential premiums of near 105% ROI !!

I particularly like the 1st 5.

On a side note, a few coys in the financial services sector, particularly the INSURANCE segment 'could also be up for grabs'... so watch that space !!

CAVEAT: This piece is only intended to look at quoted coys with chances of a merger, aquisation or takeover/buy out.
...it is NO licence to any sought of recommendation !!

My advise: Always do well to follow ur instinct.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
maishai:

2 years ago #100 for total that pays #12 div consitently is a bargain..........Im really constrained by free cash, this is a stock to buy and wait for pdp to come back to power...Buhari adminstration does not favor fuel marketers

I get am before no be market oooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
Is Morgan working? cos mine is not.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
Coolcash1:

I wish too sir. Though Access has more upsides than UBA because of post-merger effect.

I still plan to load more uba and wapco anyway... grin

Seen FBNH @ near N5.5, makes me wanna have much more UBA 'concubines' and even more ACCESS 'wives'.
...it's no longer news that the last 2 can bear far more 'offsprings' than the 1st. wink cheesy grin

It is well !!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
onegentleguy:

Seen FBNH @ near N5.5, makes me wanna have much more UBA 'concubines' and even more ACCESS 'wives'.
...it's no longer news that the last 2 can bear far more 'offsprings' than the 1st. wink cheesy grin

It is well !!

FMN has interested some very patient introverts... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2019
PETERiCHY:
TB rates for a whole 1year tenor is now circa13% and you want me to gamble away cool 26% profit that I got in less than 3weeks
Well "CONTENTMENT with GODLINESS is GREAT GAIN" cool
Lol. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
onegentleguy:
Given the current position of their financial print(balance sheet position in view) in relation to their present equity prices, the following coys could be future candidates for a merger, aquisation or take over/buy out:

NEIMETH PHARMACEUTICALS, CHAMS, FO, GLAXOSMITHKLINE NIG, COURTVILLE, TRANEX(trans-nationwide express), UNIONDAC and BERGER PAINTS.
On a side note, a few coys in the financial services sector, particularly the INSURANCE segment 'could also be up for grabs'... so watch that space !!.
Japaul, Portland paint, uniondicon, vanleer, tripplegee, thomaswatt, nnfm, multiverse, e-transact......... Chai! The carcases plenty ooo.
** Just my opinion, looking at their level of inactivity on the exchange. Aside japaul**
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
edwardaigb:
Is Morgan working? cos mine is not.
Working perfectly fine.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
The moneybag were just playing with numbers in Access. Na wa o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tornadoz(m): 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mcy56:

If the stock is transcorp, your broker was right. Its current price is 1.02 naira.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mcy56:

Japaul, Portland paint, uniondicon, vanleer, tripplegee, thomaswatt, nnfm, multiverse, e-transact......... Chai! The carcases plenty ooo.
** Just my opinion, looking at their level of inactivity on the exchange. Aside japaul**

NNFM(northern nigerian flourmills) is already a subset of FLOURMILLS(think it owns a 52.6% stake therein) so yes, the parent coy might consider buying out the current minority holders in the future.
Portland paints(also a subset of UACN) is doing quite ok, so UACN might also consider that line.
Maybe, E-transact and Union dicon salt.
However, using certain key financial model as yardstick for review, I do not see that happening with them just yet.

The others are what u might want to call moribund companies, so I don't really see what should be the attraction in them. ...well, maybe for now.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
@OGG thanks for the analysis.
Surprised to know that portpaint is equally a subsidiary of UACN. shocked
Why can't they all merge to form a strong/formidable coy on the exchange? Just wondering.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mcy56:
@OGG thanks for the analysis.
Surprised to know that portpaint is equally a subsidiary of UACN. shocked
Why can't they all merge to form a strong/formidable coy on the exchange? Just wondering.

My Pleasure dear !!

...and yes, UACN owns a majority stake in 2 key companies in the paint and coatings business segment;
CAP PLC(makers of the renowned delux premium paint brand) and PORTLAND PAINT PLC.
The other subsidiary companies of UACN include;
GRAND CEREALS LTD
MDS LOGISTICS LTD
LIVESTOCK FEEDS PLC
UAC FOODS LTD
UAC RESTAURANTS
UPDC PLC
...plus indirect stakes in;
UPDC HOTELS(owners of the renowned 471 room golden tulip hotels in Lagos)
and UPDC REITS(an asset with high yield rental and commercial properties in Abuja, Lagos, PH, and other key cities nationwide, including CPs from certain key Nigerian coperates plus gross liquid assets in the fixed income space)

For us, UACN is a great piece to associate with... Given its current underpriced stance and value driven peg.

A lot of changes(management/leadership in view) has been going on in the coy.(UACN)
When a company appoints 5 new MD/CEOs to its 5 key subsidiary coys in just over a year, it tells u that it is out for serious business and no longer 'the usual plays'.

To be honest, that coy, UACN is a great cash asset. It just needs a little twist and twerks here and there to set a great growth pace.
Glad the current management are now doing things RIGHT !!

It is well.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
onegentleguy:

Yes, UACN owns a majority stake in 2 key companies in the paint and coatings business segment;
CAP PLC(makers of the renowned delux premium paint brand) and PORTLAND PAINT PLC.

To be honest, that coy, UACN is a great cash asset. It just needs a little twist and twerks here and there to set a great growth pace.

It is well.

Have always wondered why CAP is doing better than UACN in terms of price Dividend payout and price appreciation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
onegentleguy:
Yes, UACN owns a majority stake in 2 key companies in the paint and coatings business segment;
It is well.
Wow! With right thinking management, UACN will return to the giant it's suppose to be.
Thanks Oga gentle somebody. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hmmmm when company begin twerk
No be my handwriting o

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

Have always wondered why CAP is doing better than UACN in terms of price Dividend payout and price appreciation.

Wonder no more !!

Just ACCUMULATE and HOLD the latter. ...it's a great asset that's well positioned for a great ROI premium(risk-return in view) in the short to mid term.

Good things are happening therein !!

NOTE: This is only a personal view... not a recommendation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
Agbalowomeri:
Hmmmm when company begin twerk No be my handwriting o
"The coy needs a little twist and twerks here and there to set a great growth pace". You dis Agba self. grin
UACN mgmt must twerk to deliver ooo. Make dem shake body in the right direction. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 5:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
Stock with new 52 week highs
Cornerstone insurance #0.46k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 5:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 7:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
dipoolowoo:
Nigeria Sells 30-Year Bonds to Investors at 14.64%
https://businesspost.ng/2019/09/26/nigeria-sells-30-year-bonds-to-investors-at-14-64/

SAHCO Posts First Price Change Five Months After NSE Listing
https://businesspost.ng/2019/09/26/sahco-posts-first-price-change-five-months-after-nse-listing/

NSE Starts 'X-Kathon' Contest to Boost Capital Market Growth
https://businesspost.ng/2019/09/26/nse-starts-x-kathon-contest-to-boost-capital-market-growth/

I Don't Foresee Cut in Interest Rates Soon—Emefiele
https://businesspost.ng/2019/09/26/i-dont-foresee-cut-in-interest-rates-soon-emefiele/

Bulgarian Economist Kristalina Georgieva Becomes New IMF Chief
https://businesspost.ng/2019/09/26/bulgarian-economist-kristalina-georgieva-becomes-new-imf-chief/

30 years?! shocked shocked Abi them won sell to themselves to secure their children’s future!
Nawah oo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 7:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
menh this bond and Tbill looking like MMM. Collecting from one person to pay the other person.. Governmental abi na Corporate MMM be this one ? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
Now they are increasing egbese for future administrations to come and pay..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
The money buhari’s administration will collect from this 30 years bond, what will they be using it for ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4881) (4882) (4883) (4884) (4885) (4886) (4887) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jats2k2002, Moye02, Cokech, chillykelly86(m), TradeSunMoore and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.