Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5056) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10947819 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5053) (5054) (5055) (5056) (5057) (5058) (5059) ... (7776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 30, 2019
BAMOFIN1:
COST OF TRANSACTION. I culled this from a stock investor's complaint on Nairametrics

Ola Ilesanmi August 27, 2019 at 12:10 pm

I don’t actually know what investors will return as gains as from next January if an investor pays
1.statutory Charges on equities subscribed @ 3.9% per transaction
2. VAT on investment 5% per transaction
3. VAT ( the percentage yet to be declared by IFRS ) on online transactions within or outside the country . One should understand that dividends are now transmitted electronically .per dividend
4 . You are going to pay stamp duty of #56.5 per lodgement
5. A minimum charge of #50 for ATM maintenance .monthly .
A HYPOTHETICAL EXAMPLE
Company : Timber PLC
Cost per unit : #4
Buying 1000 units is equal to #4000
TRANSACTION
Brokerage charge at 3.9%= #156
VAT on investment at 5% = #200
VAT on dividends say at 5%#200
Stamp duty charge at #56.5
ATM monthly service at #50
TOTAL. #656.5
DIVIDEND DECLARED BY THE COMPANY
.45kobo per share translating to #(.45×1000units) ÷ 100 = #450
Therefore an investor’s is equal to -#246.5 !
Even if you have your name in Forbes as a captain of industries , the above is still outside infrastructural maintenance , tariffs , EPA , staff salary etcetera that is if the above example is to be in multiple of millions , billions , trillions say for a multi national company .
DO WE REALLY HAVE ECONOMIC THINKERS / PUNTERS IN NIGERIA ?
Jijoist should factor these costs.

In case the reader doesn't know, we all pay 5% VAT on transactions we make on NSE. And that 5% isn't on the total proceed. Rather it is on the brokerage fee.

So the 5% should be on N156. This is equal to N7. 8

The reader used 5% on dividend and arrived at N200 charge. He used 5% on the total proceed again.
There is never 5% VAT charge on dividend. There is only 10% Withholding tax on dividend which had been there for long.

The calculation the reader or whosoever made and arrived at negative of N246.5 shows that the reader lacks understanding of basic maths.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 30, 2019
BAMOFIN1:

It is a reader's comment published on www.nairametrics.com. I wanted Nsempa to discuss the issue of overtaxing we will soon be subjected to and how we can possibly avoid some of them. Jijoist may discover that its a case of monkey work baboon dey chop.

You should have read and seen that the message the reader wrote was wrong and corrected him or her. But you chose to tell jijoist to look at it and be careful.

It shows you are gullible and don't know maths! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:27am On Nov 30, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

In case the reader doesn't know, we all pay 5% VAT on transactions we make on NSE. And that 5% isn't on the total proceed. Rather it is on the brokerage fee.

The reader used 5% on dividend and arrived at N200 charge. He used 5% on the total proceed again.
There is never 5% VAT charge on dividend. There is only 10% Withholding tax on dividend which had been there for long.

The calculation the reader or whosoever made and arrived at negative of N246.5 shows that the reader lacks understanding of basic maths.

.. grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 30, 2019
BAMOFIN1:
COST OF TRANSACTION. I culled this from a stock investor's complaint on Nairametrics

Ola Ilesanmi August 27, 2019 at 12:10 pm

I don’t actually know what investors will return as gains as from next January if an investor pays
1.statutory Charges on equities subscribed @ 3.9% per transaction
2. VAT on investment 5% per transaction
3. VAT ( the percentage yet to be declared by IFRS ) on online transactions within or outside the country . One should understand that dividends are now transmitted electronically .per dividend
4 . You are going to pay stamp duty of #56.5 per lodgement
5. A minimum charge of #50 for ATM maintenance .monthly .
A HYPOTHETICAL EXAMPLE
Company : Timber PLC
Cost per unit : #4
Buying 1000 units is equal to #4000
TRANSACTION
Brokerage charge at 3.9%= #156
VAT on investment at 5% = #200
VAT on dividends say at 5%#200
Stamp duty charge at #56.5
ATM monthly service at #50
TOTAL. #656.5
DIVIDEND DECLARED BY THE COMPANY
.45kobo per share translating to #(.45×1000units) ÷ 100 = #450
Therefore an investor’s is equal to -#246.5 !
Even if you have your name in Forbes as a captain of industries , the above is still outside infrastructural maintenance , tariffs , EPA , staff salary etcetera that is if the above example is to be in multiple of millions , billions , trillions say for a multi national company .
DO WE REALLY HAVE ECONOMIC THINKERS / PUNTERS IN NIGERIA ?
Jijoist should factor these costs.

All analysis done here is just rubbish!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 11:30am On Nov 30, 2019
To Oga Ogg, current price and other good F.A in the house......

I'm currently eyeing Dangote cement but @ what price will u touch it......Going by cement sales volume this year has not been a good year for the coy, I believe this will trickle down to dividend payment, I believe they will pay about #12 dividend this year............Also this share buy back that the management is proposing to carry out, when you look @ it critically, What are you buying back when you "Dangote" owns 90% of the company........

Taking a cue from FO, they bought shares back so as to change the name of the company, what could be up dangotes sleeves
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:32am On Nov 30, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

All analysis done here is just rubbish!

If it was like this, EFCC would have since been looking for LOCO/MCY to come and pay for the balance of their transactions..... grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:40am On Nov 30, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

Indeed a TOTAL lack of knowledge in basic math !!
...which was why I felt it would be an outright waste of time replying to the post, as I was busy executing a trade at the time.
People can sometimes live in ludicrous computations and baseless assumptions.
The writter is just another perfect example of a locodemy-like personality !!

...but it is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 30, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

If it was like this, EFCC would have since been looking for LOCO/MCY to come and pay for the balance of their transactions..... grin grin grin

Imagine the calculation showed that VAT on dividends is 5% of total proceed.

Then below he wrote that divided of 0.45 x 1,000 units gave N450.

I am just thinking about the future of Nigerians if they can think so low mathematically and commonsensically.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BAMOFIN1: 11:49am On Nov 30, 2019
PETERiCHY:
UAC of Nigeria Plc closed at N7.60 in yesterday’s trading session on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), down 0.65%. Year to date, the stock is

Investors that have held the stock, in the last 5 years, have lost a key chunk of their holdings. In April 2014, the stock was trading at N53.78. Investors that have held since then, have thus lost over 85% of their holdings, in terms of share value.

https://nairametrics.com/2019/04/04/uac-of-nigeria-hits-10-year-low/amp/

Let me help someone's ministry if you know you know. grin grin grin

BARGAIN HUNTERS BETTER FOLLOW THE MONEY & DONT BE LEFT BEHIND!

*ThE OcToPuS*

Holding stock for long term in NSE is unprofitable, at least, since the 2007 crash. The loss in value of UAC highlighted here is also true of most established stocks in the Nigerian market. I remember having to give bribe to my broker to ensure he succeeded in buying Fbn for me at N50. In the past the preponderance of opinions of our gurus was that long term is good and short term a sin. I sense that in this Nsempa there is more tolerance of shortermers because they actually make money. This is a good development. Short termers, and even Jijoist, must be encouraged to disclose their strategies, methodology, observations, tips and tricks. I suspect that money bags have assembled groups of young jijo traders in the NSE who are given access to billions of Naira whose sole purpose is to make 10% over and over again for their masters, a sort of real life Wall Street Warriors scenario. My kudos goes to pioneering shortermers and jijost on this forum. Am almost afraid to name names as the appellation may still be considered as offensive by some.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 30, 2019
onegentleguy:

Indeed a total lack of knowledge in basic math !!
...which was why I felt it would be an outright waste of time replying to the post at the time.
People can sometimes live in baseless assumptions. The writter was just another example of a lodemy-like personality.

...but it is well.

Nairametric should have censored that post because it was a disgrace. The reader doesn't even under anything about investment world.

And for a member here to call for discussion of it here and warning jijoist to be careful shows that the member too doesn't understand a thing about investing on stock.

You can't just repeat crap as true! If the poster was a buyer of stock, he should have known that there is an aspect of that reader's comment that is false and that has to do with VAT on dividend (5% of Total consideration).

We really need to advocate for the financial literacy of the Nigerian youth/populace.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 30, 2019
BAMOFIN1:

Holding stock for long term in NSE is unprofitable, at least, since the 2007 crash. The loss in value of UAC highlighted here is also true of most established stocks in the Nigerian market. I remember having to give bribe to my broker to ensure he succeeded in buying Fbn for me at N50. In the past the preponderance of opinions of our gurus was that long term is good and short term a sin. I sense that in this Nsempa there is more tolerance of shortermers because they actually make money. This is a good development. Short termers, and even Jijoist, must be encouraged to disclose their strategies, methodology, observations, tips and tricks. I suspect that money bags have assembled groups of young jijo traders in the NSE who are given access to billions of Naira whose sole purpose is to make 10% over and over again for their masters, a sort of real life Wall Street Warriors scenario. My kudos goes to pioneering shortermers and jijost on this forum. Am almost afraid to name names as the appellation may still be considered as offensive by some.

See your suspicion grin

You no sabi basic maths! Just go and read JSS1 maths from afresh.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:54am On Nov 30, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

Nairametric should have censored that post because it was a disgrace. The reader doesn't even under anything about investment world.

And for a member here to call for discussion of it here and warning jijoist to be careful shows that the member too doesn't understand a thing about investing on stock.

You can't just repeat crap as true! If the poster was a buyer of stock, he should have known that there is an aspect of that reader's comment that is false and that has to do with VAT on dividend (5% of Total consideration).

We really need to advocate for the financial literacy of the Nigerian youth/populace.

Surely, the importance of the part in bold cannot be overemphasized !!
May God give us the grace !!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BAMOFIN1: 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

See your suspicion grin

You no sabi basic maths! Just go and read JSS1 maths from afresh.

Sir what has maths got to do with a call for more tolerance for shortermers, for them to be able to show us tips?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 12:52pm On Nov 30, 2019
Ekuu weekend o

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2019
Heishere:

Here you go. Line 3 - 6 is in billions

FY 18 CCNN OBU Enlarged OBU
Energy Coal & LPFO Gas Gas, Coal & LPFO
shares 13,143,502 40,000 33,864,354
Revenue 31,721,962 87,290,610. 119,012,572
EBIT. 7,874,575 35,149,843 43,024,418
PAT 5,731,320 58,585,867 64,317,187
COGS per ton (N) (23,592) (19,727) (20,757)
Gross margin 45% 54% 51%
EPS (N) 0.44 1,465 1.90
ROE. 2% 68% 15%
Debt to Capital 0.16% 4% 0.93%
BVPS (N) 25.37 2,150.37 12.39
P/B (x) 0.65 0.01 1.32
P/E (x) 37.61 0.01 8.63

if this is going to be their combine numbers then N35 post listing price is overvalued.

watch ur back those in d bus, after relisting u might not be able to sell on full offer until mkt reprice the stock to it true value

if u must have cement in ur portfolio. look the side of wapco for now

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

Masterclass cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:44pm On Nov 30, 2019
maishai:
To Oga Ogg, current price and other good F.A in the house......

I'm currently eyeing Dangote cement but @ what price will u touch it......Going by cement sales volume this year has not been a good year for the coy, I believe this will trickle down to dividend payment, I believe they will pay about #12 dividend this year............Also this share buy back that the management is proposing to carry out, when you look @ it critically, What are you buying back when you "Dangote" owns 90% of the company........

Taking a cue from FO, they bought shares back so as to change the name of the company, what could be up dangotes sleeves

I believe i've done several analysis on DANGOTE CEMENT here ...u can dig up some of my past post on it for guidance.
While I think that the stock remains worthy enough to be in ones portolio, I believe that only those whose investment horizon aligns with the mid to long term should consider it. ...well, at least for now.
Why?
...because in the short to mid term, THERE ARE BETTER STOCKS(alternatives) to choose from the mkt at this time !!
Especially when u relate the 3 of INVESTMENT CAPITAL, FEASIBLE REWARD and the thing about TIME VALUE FOR MONEY.
We already highlighted some of the healthy coys to associate with for a higher chance of REWARD(ROI in view)

This however does not take away from the fact the coy remains a BUY !!
Using an appropriate mix of certain key valuation model, my FVE projects a N197.40 price peg to YE.
But then again, if I were to choose between the 3 listed cement coys in the exchange, I'll prioritize WAPCO ahead of DANGOTE CEMENT... but DANGOTE CEMENT ahead of CCNN.
Again, the reason can be infered from the part in bold.

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2019
onegentleguy:

....and what a wise person will do is to point us to FACTS to defend ur claim with the part in bold.
But of course u CAN'T !! I make bold to say that u CAN'T. ...because there are none !!
The coys BENEISH M-SCORE(a financial modelling tool used to ascertain the possibility that the management of a company could be manipulating their income statement/balance sheet) CLEARLY proves that there are NONE !!
Elsewhere, the coys healthy ACCRUALS RATIO lends even more credence to that, while its UPR remains strong.

We know those who can back up claims with proven FACTS like we always do, and the ID, Locodemy is definitely NOT one of them !!
For instance, when I asserted that OANDO, WAPCO, GUINNESS, FBNH, UNITY and many others were playing pranks with their shareholders in the PAST(accelarating risk from red flags in view), I backed up my claims with proven underlying FACTS both outside and within their financial print.
If ONLY u can analyse and INTERPRET financial prints, then u would never assert FCMB' Q3 report to be poor. ...but u know u CAN'T. Which is why u'd usually wait for the revert from others. ...but even then, u'd be neither here nor there.
No wonder several persons have said that u quite possibly do NOT even own a stock, much less a portfolio.
...because ur ALWAYS talking !! It's either ur putting out claims WITHOUT basis or showing off on ur thrasonical but desolate disposition.
We know ur kind !!

Pls go and put out ur FCMB(if indeed u own any) for sale on Monday. ...someone will DEFINITELY buy it off from u.
Who knows it might even be that the coy is waiting for u to exit so it can push up freely.
Because I recall that it was after ur loquacious talk of exiting UACN, that the coy started out a much better ride up in price. grin grin

On a side note, I know u and 3 other 'identity clone' u use here. ...sooner or later, I shall EXPOSE u !!
The fact that u sometimes even reply to urself in a bid to triumph over ur ego, adds credence to ur machiavellian and deceptive nature.

Stop infesting this place with ur consistent 'thirteen to the dozen talk' and stark self praise !!
People CARE LESS about it !!

See uppercut. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2019
currentprice:

if this is going to be their combine numbers then N35 post listing price is overvalued.

watch ur back those in d bus, after relisting u might not be able to sell on full offer until mkt reprice the stock to it true value

[s]if u must have cement in ur portfolio. look the side of wapco for now
[/s]

grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin
They will not take it serious until it is late.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2019
onegentleguy:

...which was why I felt it would be an outright waste of time replying to the post, as I was busy executing a trade at the time.

...but it is well.

Knockout shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2019
onegentleguy:

...but it is well.

OGG!!!
If you don't take time, I will hide your remote till 2050..... grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

OGG!!!
If you don't take time, I will hide your remote till 2050..... grin grin grin

Sorry Sir !!
...but it's just that I find it extremely disgusting when people behave 'Locodemically' !! wink cheesy grin
It's akin to been 'undemocratically demented'.
Frankly, that 'olodo' needs to change from his very ugly ways !!

Btw, so na u wey even hide my small TV remote. ...oya bring am come for joint, we go need am next week !! wink cheesy grin

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

Something that was at 16 for a long time, now it took off and you are still at the bus stop waiting.

If December accelerates, any profit taking will not dent the price. All bank stocks are cruising above the Kumo on the daily ichimoku.

Further rise in December will mean that they have started cruising above the Kumo on the weekly. Access is the only bank that is comfortably above the cloud on the weekly.

Once a stock is above the kumo, profit taking will only bring it down a little but it is still where it is.

i bought d little that my cashflow cld sustain then

na because more cashflow come now i wan buy again

my oga just pay me my gateman salary unlike una wey dey collect FAAC allocation monthly (blackgold things)

i even beg oga jejebaba then make him include me for hin foreign loan (like baba buhari own) wey hin dey arrange then but he use style dodge me

make una help me beg the chinese man make him come my yunction, i beg because me self wan enjoy dis second base wey dey come (make una no enjoy alone)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2019
The kind of uppercuts and right hooks coming from Oracle and OGG today dey make me fear o. I withold all further comments till next month.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:00pm On Nov 30, 2019
Afiahomes:
any reliable broker in the house? angry
I'm here.....only if you want to share pre-santa gifts. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2019
DeRuggedProf:
Wehdon sir. grin

Let me come and be going, the kind of executive stones flying here fit cause ICU woundjuremt. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2019
Talking About Seasonality...
We are in that period when NSE index is ALWAYS bullish. It is almost certain that the month of December is most likely ending in positive for the Nigerian Stock Exchange index. Looking at past data, from 2010 up until 2018, the index has ticked up rather than going down - fascinating you will say. "Since we do not trade or invest in the index", the study on NSE30 companies also show interesting analogy. Take a look at DangCem & UBA below:

-DangCem: Data available from 2011. In December the stock only ended in negative once!

-UBA: 2014 and 2015 were only bearish years December month was negative; in all others year its bullish all the way.

Almost most stocks on NSE carry similar sentiments in December. Checkout things by yourself and take advantage of the Season going through December - 02/12/2019!

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 3:52pm On Nov 30, 2019
People are still investing in this Nigeria Scam stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BAMOFIN1: 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2019
TLAX:
The kind of uppercuts and right hooks coming from Oracle and OGG today dey make me fear o. I withold all further comments till next month.

These gentlemen vex today no get equal. I thought bringing the view of a non-member for opinion of our more knowledgeable gurus here is part of seeking financial literacy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2019
WEEKEND TONIC

“when you see a hippopotamus pursuing a canoe in the river, it is not actually interested in the canoe, but what is inside the canoe. As soon as the person insight jumps into the water, that ends the pursuit"- Ijaw proverb

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2019
Mcy56:

Wehdon sir. grin

Let me come and be going, the kind of executive stones flying here fit cause ICU woundjuremt. tongue

Tell OGG,If he wants to become an slowpoke in this forum,I will help him be.

I never quoted him in any of my posts and I never directed this fcmb result fever to him.

I am only saying my mind and only my mind.Till tomorrow,I will keep on saying fcmb released a disappointed result.

If they did well am I not supposed to defend the result as a shareholder?I can't because I can't be in love with any stock at the exchange nowadays.

If he addresses me stupidily again,I will give him a run and he will go into hiding for sometime.Let him just utter a word on me again...

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5053) (5054) (5055) (5056) (5057) (5058) (5059) ... (7776) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sterlingD(m), edwardaigb, adamx23(m), Jonwest, Hogwarthtrades, Jaakay, iHaveMadeiT2, Prolificlife(f), Pifebhor(f) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.