Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10882401 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5260) (5261) (5262) (5263) (5264) (5265) (5266) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 5:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
@house

Has anyone bought any of the listed REITs through Morgan? Are they authorised to deal in REITs?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:43pm On Feb 05, 2020
Banking index bouncing off its support as suspected

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:44pm On Feb 05, 2020
Agbalowomeri:

We are not done, it should remain as it is till next week
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:08pm On Feb 05, 2020
bigjay01:
@house

Has anyone bought any of the listed REITs through Morgan? Are they authorised to deal in REITs?

You have to send a mail to your stock broker
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JamiuO: 6:08pm On Feb 05, 2020
Can anyone give us the third/fourth quarter financial report of UPDC REIT?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JamiuO: 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2020
I know that UPDC REIT is liquid. Most of their cash are invested in treasury bills. Now that the treasury bill rate has been reduced to single digit rate, this might affect their 2019 result negatively.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BAMOFIN1: 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
Jejebabaa:

Na d dividends trapped me boss. I wont repeat such mistake again.
Dats why I need to learn more from boss like you. Now lesson learnt, I will not sell a bank to buy another bank when the market is tanking since they both move together.

I don't think you made a mistake selling Uba to enter Zenith bank considering that Uba took off much earlier than zenith bank and at higher rate than Zenith which was doing slow motion. Don't use benefit of hindsight to judge your decision which clearing you had good reasons to take. At about the same time as you, I also sold my Uba (which I thought had appreciated to my envisaged projected price) and I used the proceed to buy Zenith in anticipation of the dividend. Very few could have predicted the ongoing pullback which, by the way, also affected Uba and other stocks. I am sure most experienced people will agree that Zenith will most likely than not climb above N22 when its dividend is eventually announced. BTW there is no rule that you can't sell one stock to buy another in the same sector as it is circumstances on ground at any point in time that will determine that. Happy investing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
JamiuO:

I know that UPDC REIT is liquid. Most of their cash are invested in treasury bills. Now that the treasury bill rate has been reduced to single digit rate, this might affect their 2019 result negatively.

55% to 60% of the income are shared to Investors, while the remaining are invested in money market instruments.

UPDC got N950 million dividends from UPDC REIT in 2018

Had over N5 billion in Treasury Bills in 2017, it came down to N3.8 billion in 2018. I think some were liquidated in order to buy Kingway building on Marina from UPDC.

Not a JIJO stock, but for real estate Investors who can't stand the stress of dealing with tenants. UPDC REIT owns the property KPMG uses on Victoria Island

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BAMOFIN1: 6:41pm On Feb 05, 2020
Delords:

Needed more insight on the coy itself.

Thanks

Do a nairaland search of 'nestle' restricting your search to investment section, you will be able to read the opinions of the gurus on the stock. I researched the stock about three months ago and resolved that the highest price of buy it is between N1100-1200. I think it is overpriced but safe as it is not too volatile.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2020
RabbiDoracle:
Brent at 56+. Likely going to 57.

This is good news from afar. With this and WHO saying that the virus can be managed, we should likely begin to see market stability across the globe.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BAMOFIN1: 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2020
[quote author=yok post=86398838][/quote] Very true. I no know say yok fit yab like this.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 7:20pm On Feb 05, 2020
Lion123:
Uncle Jim gives me a lot of stress. I might need therapy at this point.

Historically, that's been the stock's typical behavioural pattern pre-corporate action - pulling back against all odds and rebounding back to the target overhead resistance, likely N22 this year. After release of FY results/Div declaration, expect a downward price movement.... Same price action re.Q1....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BAMOFIN1: 7:23pm On Feb 05, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You need more of a regular and steady income from your investment in form of dividends. Nestle won't disappoint but the dividend yield is low.

If you don't mind real estate, I will advise you to buy UPDC REIT the dividend yield is currently over 18%.

I bought more units at N3.10k today, paid dividend of 58k last year, been consistent with dividend payment in the last 7 years.

Just bought 2 additional properties, bought Kingway building Marina from UPDC for N3.4 billion and invested another N600 million on a hostel at Lagos Business School

Sir emmanuelewuni,
please will you say that company management sometimes decides to increase or decrease the dividend they declare based on the current price of their share? If the price of UPDCREIT falls to say N1 will the management not by that reason be tempted to reduce the dividend they pay even when their profit stays the same? I have often wondered about this. pls what's your experience on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 7:26pm On Feb 05, 2020
Mcy56:
Access, Zenith, UBA, GT, Afriprud, UBN, FCMB still closed a bit higher despite the tense dumping and grabbing witnessed.
FBN .......very mixed reactions but still closed lower with 15kobo.
It's well.

A lot of defensive positioning today. Tomorrow should be a lot more interesting, provided no external shocks re. Coronavirus-induced, flagging oil price.

Buying opportunities yapa! grin BTW, thks for d mkt commentaries, Madam!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 7:27pm On Feb 05, 2020
RabbiDoracle:
Brent at 56+. Likely going to 57.

Oshey, Baddest! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 7:30pm On Feb 05, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

Summary:
If you are a Marlian, don't buy...... grin

Yes o! grin Level pass level, Sir! That one na ancestral holding! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BAMOFIN1: 7:35pm On Feb 05, 2020
JamiuO:

UPDCREIT is very illiquid in the sense that you and your broker will sweat before you are able to sell it and its price has steadily been decreasing. Its trade is not relected on realtime basis as we have with the normal equity. It is not a jijo thing at all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
BAMOFIN1:

Sir emmanuelewuni,
please will you say that company management sometimes decides to increase or decrease the dividend they declare based on the current price of their share? If the price of UPDCREIT falls to say N1 will the management not by that reason be tempted to reduce the dividend they pay even when their profit stays the same? I have often wondered about this. pls what's your experience on this issue.

The price can drop to N1.00 or below that is what I want.

But I don't think the rental income of the company will drop.

The company has 2.6 billion outstanding shares but has about N4 billion in cash. That means each share of the company has N1.50k in cash and the share price drops to N1.00.

I am kind of Investor that will buy more if it should ever drop to N1.00.

The almost N4 billion cash does not include the real estate portfolio valued at over N20 billion

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 7:40pm On Feb 05, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Breaking News: SEC, Oando Opts For Out Of Court Settlement

If true, that would be a good mkt step in the right direction for this depressed stock... Anyway, still on the look out for strong catalysts that would likely effect a change of sentiments or a change in mkt participants' perception of Oando... eg. Stepping down of Wale Tinubu as CEO, would unleash the stock like a rocket (Wishing thinking, though grin) or ownership change etc. Still a stock to have on your watchlist!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 7:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
Agbalowomeri:

Cool... Las las, we go all dey ok! Patience and discipline, the bottom line! cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:43pm On Feb 05, 2020
BAMOFIN1:

UPDCREIT is very illiquid in the sense that you and your broker will sweat before you are able to sell it and its price has steadily been decreasing. Its trade is not relected on realtime basis as we have with the normal equity. It is not a jijo thing at all.

He meant liquid in terms of cash position, no debt, ability to buy additional properties without taking bank loans.

The managers of the REIT ie FSDH Asset Management are very conservative and it has paid off, a subsidiary of UPDC that is doing better than the parent company.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:44pm On Feb 05, 2020
hisexcellency34:

Please share a link to this
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2020
$55.6 now. Oil price will close THIS week @ $56.74 and resume an upward trend next week. No dulling!

RabbiDoracle:

53.87 to be broken again.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 7:52pm On Feb 05, 2020
No oh, maybe when i get fed up with US stocks. I see a whole lot of opportunities with the zillions of US stocks, but i am okay for now with NSE

yom2:
why u no dey trade now. U dey fear?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 8:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
BAMOFIN1:

I don't think you made a mistake selling Uba to enter Zenith bank considering that Uba took off much earlier than zenith bank and at higher rate than Zenith which was doing slow motion. Don't use benefit of hindsight to judge your decision which clearing you had good reasons to take. At about the same time as you, I also sold my Uba (which I thought had appreciated to my envisaged projected price) and I used the proceed to buy Zenith in anticipation of the dividend. Very few could have predicted the ongoing pullback which, by the way, also affected Uba and other stocks. [b]I am sure most experienced people will agree that Zenith will most likely than not climb above N22 when its dividend is eventually announced. [/b]BTW there is no rule that you can't sell one stock to buy another in the same sector as it is circumstances on ground at any point in time that will determine that. Happy investing.

You are not far from the truth, Sir! You need to know the behavioural pattern of your stocks (esp the portfolio-shaking ones grin) like you know your Wifey's (though you can;t really, really know a woman completely grin). Yep, N22, likely overhead resistance for Zenith, besides a lot of folks bought @ N22 circa and they may likely want to get out to breakeven atleast...

Anyway, buying opportunities @19 circa for those wishing to engineer their own N2.50 dividend b4 d corporate action... and exiting @ 21.75 circa, just before the price reaches its resistance level cos oversupply likely @ that level. Same philosophy applies to Access, UBA and d likes. Just my 10kobo trading opinion!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:08pm On Feb 05, 2020
hisexcellency34:

Please share a link to this information
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 8:24pm On Feb 05, 2020
There is another key support @ 28033. If the market should go that low @ 27k, I would imagine more impact on high cap stocks, rather than the likes of FBNH.... MyOpinion.

currentprice:

atall embarassed

mkt can fall to 27k support if....

below is going to be disaster to the mkt. if happen could for example send fbn to N3 cry embarassed

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:20pm On Feb 05, 2020
Stocks with new 52 week lows
International breweries #8.80k
GSK #5.00k
Mobil #133.20k
Stock with new 52 week highs
Law Union and rock #0.92k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2020
BAMOFIN1:

I don't think you made a mistake selling Uba to enter Zenith bank considering that Uba took off much earlier than zenith bank and at higher rate than Zenith which was doing slow motion. Don't use benefit of hindsight to judge your decision which clearing you had good reasons to take. At about the same time as you, I also sold my Uba (which I thought had appreciated to my envisaged projected price) and I used the proceed to buy Zenith in anticipation of the dividend. Very few could have predicted the ongoing pullback which, by the way, also affected Uba and other stocks. I am sure most experienced people will agree that Zenith will most likely than not climb above N22 when its dividend is eventually announced. BTW there is no rule that you can't sell one stock to buy another in the same sector as it is circumstances on ground at any point in time that will determine that. Happy investing.
Thanks boss, well appreciated
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 10:15pm On Feb 05, 2020
While i haven't seen significant drop in stock prices since Monday this week, I've been seing some stocks consistently gaining 9%, 8%, 7%, 5% etc in capital appreciation.
I begin to think that prices are no longer likely to fall, and enjoin the visionaries in this forum to start coming up with stocks pick. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:20pm On Feb 05, 2020
Toluway:
While i haven't seen significant drop in stock prices since Monday this week, I've been seing some stocks consistently gaining 9%, 8%, 7%, 5% etc in capital appreciation.
I begin to think that prices are no longer likely to fall, and enjoin the visionaries in this forum to start coming up with stocks pick. Thanks.

You are seeing what you are looking for... grin
Just like Agba is seeing someone sitting on the clouds clapping and singing hymns.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 10:47pm On Feb 05, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

You are seeing what you are looking for... grin
Just like Agba is seeing someone sitting on the clouds clapping and singing hymns.... grin
Break it down Prof. It's not about me. I want prices of my favourite stocks to reduce, but they have stopped deprecating in prices. While some other stocks have been appreciating in prices. Cant you see ? !
The bear has been grossly exaggerated. I'm not afraid of expressing a different opinion.
I'm not suggesting we should stop waiting, patience is king, but let start talking about stock picks.
You can't claim not to know that a lot of blokes here have secretly started buying back into the market since Monday!
I'm only suggesting please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5260) (5261) (5262) (5263) (5264) (5265) (5266) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mfunkynation(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.