Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10872830 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5257) (5258) (5259) (5260) (5261) (5262) (5263) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 11:33am On Feb 05, 2020
sellydion:
Stocks jump on media reports of drug breakthroughs for coronavirus: traders

https://www.investing.com/

I believe the market and oil price wouldn't have gone so down, if not ... the virus
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:37am On Feb 05, 2020
veecovee:

I believe the market and oil price wouldn't have gone so down, if not ... the virus

May every obstacle standing in the way of my portfolio growth be infected with a double portion of Coronavirus IJN.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:45am On Feb 05, 2020
Mcy56:

You're very right sir. That's what I observed too.
Those guys are something else. grin

BTW, Boss Mendes is on recess today. lipsrsealed grin

Una no like as I leave commentary today?

I dey wait till 1pm to see the true direction of market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Delords: 11:46am On Feb 05, 2020
Mcy56:

Oh sorry! I dont always log in to the mail.
I'll accept it but meanwhile, I will advice you contact my bosses on this.
I knew little to nothing about Nestle and may not be able to be of much assistance as may be needed.
You can contact Pa Emmanuelewumi on this, those are the board members. grin

Thanks ma'am. Done just that but they are yet to accept my DMs or respond.

Pa Emmanuelewumi, thanks in advance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 11:51am On Feb 05, 2020
Delords:
Hi all.

Please, what are your takes on Nestle?
Hold or Sell to come in later? I know it depends on what price I bought but I need a general overview of the instrument, the final decision is mine.
Just want to be sure that I'm not missing anything.
RabbiDoracle

When is the anticipated FYE report coming out? Lady Mcy56

Got some stakes in it.
Thanks in advance
cc :
Agbalowomeri
Aremso
Bigjay01
Peterichy
Chibuking81
mendes911
bigjay01 & others

Q3 performance is flat ..
Coy declare N=25 interim div against N=20 in 2018...
Which came as a surprise... thats 25% on a yr to yr
Think they should declare fin div above N=38.5 for 2019...
Price above 200 EMA .....
Ve been purchasing since the 2nd week of January....
Ard N=1260 range .... pretty difficult....
Like it to fall more to pick additional units...
Think Nestle should ve no problem hittin N1500 back ..
During earning season...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 11:51am On Feb 05, 2020
Of all the FUGAZ banks, only Zee is in the red. The juju following that stock no be here smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 11:53am On Feb 05, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 11:53am On Feb 05, 2020
Mcy56:
The noise makers are here again. E ku market ooo. grin

Market: Calm opening with low volumes. Bids more than offers in most of the stocks.

All our permutation, analysis and paralysis about the market here self. lipsrsealed
What's the way forward my sister?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 11:54am On Feb 05, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 11:54am On Feb 05, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

May every obstacle standing in the way of my portfolio growth be infected with a double portion of Coronavirus IJN.

May the fire of God consume them oo

I don't like hearing this virus ... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 11:56am On Feb 05, 2020
Mcy56:

Most of the people here dont do insurance, reason you didnt get any response.
Guess its the usual pumping but you may check their financials so you can decide on what to do.
Also, that price 92k is quite high to me, crossing one naira may be difficult if there's no good news driving the share price......my opinion.

... and therein lies the information (or lack of it) being sought
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
Delords:
Thanks ma'am. Done just that but they are yet to accept my DMs or respond.
Pa Emmanuelewumi, thanks in advance.
I replied you already.
The bosses must have lots of DMs, they cant attend to everyone I believe.
Good as you mentioned them here, you may also follow up with reminder if you didnt get any response yet.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
Lion123:
Of all the FUGAZ banks, only Zee is in the red. The juju following that stock no be here smiley

Thanks to Uncle Jim.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
mendes911:
Una no like as I leave commentary today?
I dey wait till 1pm to see the true direction of market.
That's just it. Watching and waiting ..........but market will disappoint you. lipsrsealed grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2020
bigjay01:
... and therein lies the information (or lack of it) being sought
Oga, I dont think there's any info .......that can pass pumping it to come for right issue.
Observe the volume that its only retailers buying. Could even be one guy in a corner trying to manipulate it so he can exit.
Not trying to spoil your stock. I may be very wrong sir. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 05, 2020
pluto09:

Why are we not getting updates from Oracle again on oil price? grin

Oil is 55+ after closing 53.80 yesterday.

OPEC+ news. Russia is the challenge they will have. Coupled with monitoring cheats amongst members.

But you look at it, they have been cutting since 2016. And it is affecting their revenue and any budget projections they have made. We will see if there can be agreement amongst them.

Where there is, it is good! Oil soars. Where there is not, hmmmmm...

However that will not stop the slide on NSE. View your charts well and see where we are going to.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 05, 2020
Delords:
Hi all.

Please, what are your takes on Nestle?
Hold or Sell to come in later? I know it depends on what price I bought but I need a general overview of the instrument, the final decision is mine.
Just want to be sure that I'm not missing anything.
RabbiDoracle

When is the anticipated FYE report coming out? Lady Mcy56

Got some stakes in it.

Thanks in advance

cc :
Agbalowomeri
Aremso
Bigjay01
Peterichy
Chibuking81
mendes911
bigjay01 & others

Nestle is good. It all depends on your purchase price.

I believe it can stilll touch a low of 1070. Wait and buy at or below 1070 if it touches it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2020
Oracle! Oracle!! Oracle!!!we are going NORTH! grin grin grin

I will carry my opeele for you grin

RabbiDoracle:

Oil is 55+ after closing 53.80 yesterday.

OPEC+ news. Russia is the challenge they will have. Coupled with monitoring cheats amongst members.

But you look at it, they have been cutting since 2016. And it is affecting their revenue and any budget projections they have made. We will see if there can be agreement amongst them.

Where there is, it is good! Oil soars. Where there is not, hmmmmm...

However that will not stop the slide on NSE. View your charts well and see where we are going to.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2020
Toluway:
What's the way forward my sister?
shocked shocked
Sir, aside the gurus, only God knows. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:15pm On Feb 05, 2020
Lion123:
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 05, 2020
Lion123:

If Zenith touches 18.40, it means it can still break below 18.40 after a brief upwards reversal.

It won't be good bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 05, 2020
sellydion:
Oracle! Oracle!! Oracle!!!we are going NORTH! grin grin grin

I will carry my opeele for you grin

My sister, why you go carry your opeele for me nauw? grin

Me na just messenger o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:26pm On Feb 05, 2020
RabbiDoracle:
If Zenith touches 18.40, it means it can still break below 18.40 after a brief upwards reversal.
It won't be good bro.
Sir, on a lighter note, I noticed that you've really helped us to maintain "peace" and decorum here during this dumping period.
This is usually the argument and fighting period but you displayed much maturity by averting it cos it would have started from those who are "for or against" your predictions of market direction.
Kudos sir. cool

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Delords: 12:28pm On Feb 05, 2020
Willie2015:

Q3 performance is flat ..
Coy declare N=25 interim div against N=20 in 2018...
Which came as a surprise... thats 25% on a yr to yr
Think they should declare fin div above N=38.5 for 2019......
Think Nestle should ve no problem hittin N1500 back ..
During earning season...

Thanks for your detailed insight.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2020
Mcy56:

Sir, on a lighter note, I noticed that you've really helped us to maintain "peace" and decorum here during this dumping period.
This is usually the argument and fighting period but you displayed much maturity by averting it cos it would have started from those who are "for or against" your predictions of market direction.
Kudos sir. cool

Why should I fight?

Most of the guys you see here throwing stones, we even chat privately sef. So no biggie. grin grin

You are lucky that Nosa isn't here. You for don run comot since.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
Delords:

Thanks for your detailed insight.

I am seriously thinking of diversifying. Having almost all my eggs in one basket is now scary to me. I have been comfortable all these years.
All thanks to Sanusi and the likes of Oceanic Bank, lost a lot but held them.

Though, Nestle withstood the bearish era but can't tell if it can, in case of any devaluation, border closure and such unexpected good but negative policies that can harm the economy.

Diversify and keep some cash in hand in case of better opportunities... JIJOing as I follow the thread.

RabbiDoracle
Agbalowomeri & others

Oga, there is nothing wrong with your stock.

Price go up and come down. If it comes down, you buy more. Nestle is a good company. However always buy good companies with strong fundamentals at low prices if possible.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Delords: 1:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Oga, there is nothing wrong with your stock.

Price go up and come down. If it comes down, you buy more. Nestle is a good company. However always buy good companies with strong fundamentals at low prices if possible.

Thanks.

I will love to chat privately, there's more info I can't share in the open. Sent you a DM, kindly reply at your leisure.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 1:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

My sister, why you go carry your opeele for me nauw? grin

Me na just messenger o.
My sister! Selly has been one of the major players on this forum. His has become a household name. I'm surprised i have never known she's a woman since all these years !
More grease to your elbow Sister.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MoneyMakingOppo: 1:05pm On Feb 05, 2020
ARM hot stocks list.

The stocks of Dangote Cement Plc, Zenith Bank Plc, Nestle Plc, Nigerian Breweries Plc, and Seplat Plc are shares of fortune, a report from ARM securities disclosed.
Though, the Nigerian Stock Exchange closed on a negative for the first time in 2020 with the NSE All share Index (ASI) declining by 2.65% from 29,628.84 last week Monday to 28, 843.53 index points by close of trading on Friday, the stockbroking firm is optimistic that the stocks would give their investors expected returns on investment (ROI).

Meanwhile, gains were seen across the Brewers (4.89%), Construction (2.64%) and Insurance (0.54%) sectors.

Where they stand:

Dangote Cement (DANGCEM) is a leading cement manufacturer in Nigeria and it made ARM’s ‘STRONG BUY’ list.

Dangote Cement (Dangcem) with a Fair Value Estimate (FVE) of N240.87 – DANGCEM’s FY 19 earnings is expected to be pressured (EPS: N14, vs N22 in 2018) owing to lower volumes in Nigeria business (due to increased competition from BUA Cement) and some of its Pan Africa business, as well as high base of tax credits from 2018. However, “DANGCEM currently trades at FY 19E Price Earning (P/E) of 11x on our estimates, which is cheap compared to WAPCO and CCNN of 17.7x and 16.8x, respectively. We believe current valuation is unjustified given the superior Return on Equity (ROE) of 24%.
Research: Stock recommendations for the week as ASI drops by 2.65%

Zenith Bank Plc (FVE: N31.50) also made the Strong buy list: The stockbroking firm was forced to adjust its expectations for the bank’s FY 2019 following some surprises in its Q2 numbers. In specifics, “we revised net interest income lower due to compressed yields on its loans and treasury asset (H1 18:10.6%, H1 19 9.1%) amidst contraction in funding cost,” it stated. Elsewhere, we adjusted Nominal Interest Rate (NIR) higher due to upward review of electronic fee income and trading book. Thus, we now forecast Profit Before Tax (PBT) of N218 billion (-5.5% YoY), while we cut our FVE to N31.57/share (previously: N33.71/share).
[READ MORE: NSE launches Growth Board to attract SMEs with growth potentials)

STRONG BUY, Nigerian Breweries Plc – (FVE: N75.82): Intense competition from International Breweries (IB) and graduated excise duty (+17% YoY) that kicked-off in Jan-19, revenue growth is expected to be slow even as we expect higher finance cost (+38% YoY) to be another pressure point to earnings this year. However, given our case for a slight improvement in volumes and decline in cost of sales (-1.1% YoY) which translates to gross (+120bps YoY) and Earning Before Interest and Taxes (EBIT) (+101bps YoY) margin expansion, the misery seems moderated. Overall, the net impact of all our adjustments translates to PBT of N29.9 billion and Earning Per Share (EPS) of N2.58 (+6.3% YoY) over 2019.
STRONG BUY, Seplat Plc – (FVE: N828.90): Seplat’s total production declined in Q3 19, as the drop in gas production offset improvement in the oil segment. That said, we remain positive on growth in production going into the final quarter of the year (especially in oil) and into 2020 as Seplat increases capex. Cashflows remain healthy. Upsides reside in the ANOH Gas project and acquisition of Eland Oil & Gas Limited.
However, losses were observed in the Banking (-6.13%), Cement (-0.90%), Telecom (-2.96%), Personal Care (-13.72%), Food (-0.50%), Oil & Gas (-2.58), and Real Estate (-0.14%) sectors, last week.

Major drivers for the week’s decline were stocks such as FBNH (-10.27% WoW), STANBIC (-10% WoW), BUACEMENT (-2.12% WoW) and MTNN (-4.32% WoW).

Standard chartered
Meanwhile, Nairametrics had reported that the week ended January 31, 2020, was not a fruitful one for some investors in the Nigerian Stock Exchange, as the market delved below N15 trillion when investors lost N403.02 billion.

Nairametrics found that the market capitalisation dropped from N15.27 trillion on Friday, January 24, 2020, to N14.87 trillion last Friday. Experts attributed the development to the sell-offs witnessed in MTN Nigeria Communications Plc, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, and Access Bank Plc.

Premium board decliners
The summary of the stock market performance for the week showed that no stock recorded positive growth last week. There were only decliners and retainers

Lafarge Africa lost the most with a 12.86% decline to close the week at N15.25 followed by First Bank Holdings, which dipped 10.27% to close at N6.55. UBA recorded 6.43% loss to close at N8 with Zenith Bank closing at N20.85 indicating 5% loss while MTN rounded off the list with 4.32% loss to close at N119.6.

Mainboard gainers
Despite the negative performance of the stock market in the week, some company stocks recorded a slight increase in the value of their stocks.

Linkage Assurance gained the most on the bourse with an 18.75% increase to close at N0.57. Neimeth Pharmaceuticals followed with 17.02% gain to close at N0.55 from an initial N0.47. Vitafoam Nigeria also recorded a 10% gain to close at N5.5 as NPF Microfinance Bank grew by 9.73%, from N1.13 to N1.24 while Cornerstone Insurance rounded off the list with 9.26% gain to close at N0.59.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 1:08pm On Feb 05, 2020
I don't know much too but big volumes exchanged hands in January. Like some ogas will say, maybe some people buying their way into the comany board but they have churned out good results in the last 2yrs. Also I've held some units before but sold it when movement no make sense again.

Whoever is bidding, goodluck to them sha. At least them go chop 0.03k dividend in the worst case scenario.
Mcy56:

Oga, I dont think there's any info .......that can pass pumping it to come for right issue.
Observe the volume that its only retailers buying. Could even be one guy in a corner trying to manipulate it so he can exit.
Not trying to spoil your stock. I may be very wrong sir. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 05, 2020
Delords:

Thanks.

I will love to chat privately, there's more info I can't share in the open. Sent you a DM, kindly reply at your leisure.

E go hard bro.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 1:11pm On Feb 05, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

E go hard bro.

Loooooool

You mean you no get leisure time ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5257) (5258) (5259) (5260) (5261) (5262) (5263) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Princkez, Ginalex(f), joedguy, Streetinvestor2, Zagee, ositadima1(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.