Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,700 members, 7,865,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:07 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7784) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11089851 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7781) (7782) (7783) (7784) (7785) (7786) (7787) ... (7820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:56pm On May 23
Boshins:
Where is our Ding o...Abi today na public holiday? grin

Even ding is bearishπŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 1:01pm On May 23
Agbalowomeri:

You know I'm a bad boy
This statement just dey stimulate something like dipper, faster, harder
God abeggggg shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:35pm On May 23
onegentleguy:
For those sending me mails/messages on INTBREW, I said I won't be talking about the coy since I already did enough in time past.

The problem is that most persons do not know why they invest or should invest in a company.
Still, some do not understand what a share capital reduction exercise entails.

For the naive fellows (the one's I often feel sorry for), here's a simple brief;

The company's rights issue is actually part of a share capital reduction exercise (CS reorganization & BS restructuring) aimed at neutralizimg the recent impact of accumulated losses and birthing a healthier capital structure that can allow the coy perform more optimally going forward.
The 6 for 1 RI may seem bloated, but that approx 161.17B ordinary share issue is priced at a per value of 2k. At a per value of 50k, it's just about 6.45B shares. (if 2k >> 161.17, then 50k >> [161.17/50] x 2,= 161.17/25)
This is why a part of the circular reads in part;
"...to offer to the shareholders the proposed rights issue of 161,172,395, 100 ordinary shares of 2 kobo each..."

So essentially, the company's RI exercise is expected to raise N3.65 x approx 6.45B capital... which is approx N23.55B
The proceeds will be credited to the coys share premium A/c before been utilized to neutralize her accumulated/retained loss position.
See the RI as a form of CAPITAL REORGANIZATION EXERCISE. (a key step in restructuring for T&GCs), which in addition to the aforementioned benefit, will also allow for a more robust and efficient CS and create the "fertile ground" for future cash flow reward to shareholders.

As I stated in a previous post, There are pros and cons with the expected share capital reduction exercise (ref: reduction in nominal value by a factor of 25x) in between the planned RI.
But I know most folks will focus on the cons and fail to efficiently benchmark it against the undisputably much better pros. Am hoping that more persons will sell off their holdings, so price can drop a bit more.

HOLD! ...it's a great midterm play.
That would be my candid advice, especially to the naive ones.
But PLS do not hesitate to sell if you so desire.
...just do well to follow your instinct.

I know INTBREW will make us a lot of money! wink cheesy cool

CAVEAT: NOT to be inferred as any sought an investment advice. Due diligence still applies as always.

cc: @streetinvestor and all

Selah
And after all this grammar. The normal value of 2k or 50k adds no value to minority shareholders. Tell us the number of Os that is expected to be used in dividing the profit made by the company to arrive at what ever Eps.
In simple English what will be IB OS after this excise.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:37pm On May 23
There is really fire on the mountain. Transcorp, FCMB, NEM, ... on full offer.

Ok
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:37pm On May 23
Agbalowomeri:

With all this grammar, na still loss dem go report

I had anticipated you'll be the first to reply to that post and rightly so. wink cheesy cool
I know you'll probably never change but pls stop working so craftily hard to create panic where there's none.
If you devote half the effort into scanning through the market, you'd find some select opportunities now. (TA in view)

There are newbies that read from this platform so always do well to present a balanced but fact-driven basis for your view/position.
I've always maintained that one can make money in the market WITHOUT imploring deceptive or "prey-seeking" means to do so.

Btw, stop talking to yourself. That means to gain "believability bias" shouldn't be a way of life. Am sure you know what I mean. wink cheesy grin
Live and lead a life that your kids, but more importantly, Divine can be proud of.
No one goes to the grave with their wealth, so why devote any effort at all amassing it in an unworthy way. We shall all die and leave all of this behind someday.

You should do better! But then again, it's your life bro.

N.B: Pls am not upset. (I do not even have the right to be)
Am only concerned for you but especially the newbies here.

Do take care

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:39pm On May 23
222Martins:
Something funny is happening in TIP. Those in the bus can shed more light grin grin. A director in TIP, AFOLAYAN SAMUEL OLAJIDE bought 2,200,000 units of TIP at N2.03 on the 15th of May 2024, and equally sold 5,069,015 units at the same price on the same date. And i am wondering, what kind of play is this? grin grin grin

Reason some people got it at 1.70 today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crownprince2017: 1:42pm On May 23
Dear TA profs can you pls tell us how far down transcorp can go, can it reach 8? Before rebounding.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:48pm On May 23
Streetinvestor2:
And after all this grammar. The normal value of 2k or 50k adds no value to minority shareholders. Tell us the number of Os that is expected to be used in dividing the profit made by the company to arrive at what ever Eps.
In simple English what will be IB OS after this excise.

It would've been easy to answer your question and much more if only you had acted a bit more matured.
I never imagined you could address me in this manner, but it's fine. It's not like am some acclaimed VIP. (am just a nobody) wink cheesy cool

Like in the past when I've adviced you to show restraint and be more accommodating in your engagement with others, I could've asked you to be calm, but I'd rather not.

PLS kindly sell off your holding or follow your instinct.
I still wish you well though!

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 2:01pm On May 23
KayOn1:
There is really fire on the mountain. Transcorp, FCMB, NEM, ... on full offer.

Ok
Fallout from the CBN interest rate increase (correct me if l am wrong)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:16pm On May 23
sterlingD:

Fallout from the CBN interest rate increase (correct me if l am wrong)

Sanusi reinstated.
Ok.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:26pm On May 23
crownprince2017:
Dear TA profs can you pls tell us how far down transcorp can go, can it reach 8? Before rebounding.

Do your DD o but I believe the trend reversal might be imminent. If I were in your shoes, I will start picking up in tranches going forward even if it keeps dropping.

** Some people bought at below 2 & below 6 and sitting on massive profits so can afford the luxury of playing around - " My opinion ".
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:43pm On May 23
Ginalex:
Make me sef follow you wait

Do your DD o but ...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 3:01pm On May 23
KayOn1:

Do your DD o but ...
I don comot mind from Japaul since. UBA and Zenith I just face cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 3:09pm On May 23
onegentleguy:
For those sending me mails/messages on INTBREW, I said I won't be talking about the coy since I already did enough in time past.

The problem is that most persons do not know why they invest or should invest in a company.

For the naive fellows (the one's I often feel sorry for), here's a simple brief;

The company's rights issue is actually part of a share capital reduction exercise (CS reorganization & BS restructuring) aimed at neutralizimg the recent impact of accumulated losses and birthing a healthier capital structure that can allow the coy perform more optimally going forward.
The 6 for 1 RI may seem bloated, but that approx 161.17B ordinary share issue is priced at a per value of 2k. At a per value of 50k, it's just about 6.45B shares. (if 2k >> 161.17, then 50k >> [161.17/50] x 2,= 161.17/25)
"...to offer to the shareholders the proposed rights issue of 161,172,395, 100 ordinary shares of 2 kobo each..."

So essentially, the company's RI exercise is expected to raise N3.65 x approx 6.45B capital... which is approx N23.55B
The proceeds will be credited to the coys share premium A/c before been utilized to neutralize her accumulated/retained loss position.
See the RI as a form of CAPITAL REORGANIZATION EXERCISE. (a key step in restructuring for T&GCs), which in addition to the aforementioned benefit, will also allow for a more robust and efficient CS and create the "fertile ground" for future cash flow reward to shareholders.

As I stated in a previous post, There are pros and cons with the expected share capital reduction exercise (ref: reduction in nominal value by a factor of 25x) in between the planned RI.
But I know most folks will focus on the cons and fail to efficiently benchmark it against the undisputably much better pros. Am hoping that more persons will sell off their holdings, so price can drop a bit more.

CAVEAT: NOT to be inferred as any sought of investment advice. Due diligence still applies as always.

Selah

What exactly is the purpose of this post?

...and because you are offering advice you have to repeatedly address unknown persons as "naive" by coming to this forum to answer a question you said was sent to your email and via private SMS?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by USAfall2024: 3:27pm On May 23
Today's bears finally pitied us small and calmed down towards the close of business. Hopefully, this is a sign of a sustained upward trajectory in the short-term. At least let the bears allow us breathe small embarassed. Seeing UBA@19, Zenith@under 30, FCMB@6.15, Transcorp@10.15 etc. go shock even the most optimistic NGX investors but thanks for the reversal to limit the shedding of our portfolio. Anyway, it's the planting season for folks with funds to keep picking more units of their choice stocks. Whereas for we that don't have investible funds, na to wait for sideline and hope for better days ahead and hold body small with any tashere dividend. It's well πŸ™.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:32pm On May 23
TLAX:

What exactly is the purpose of this post?

...and because you are offering advice you have to repeatedly address unknown persons as "naive" by coming to this forum to answer a question you said was sent to your email and via private SMS?

My sincere apologies if you find the use of the term "naive" offensive.
Perhaps "newbies" would've been a more appropriate word and in all honesty, that was the meaning I attached to it.
...I am not one that look down on people no matter their pedigree. We are all equal before God.

BTW, if that's your reason for asking the first question, (assuming one would be wrong to see it as an outburst), then I"d like to think that it's in order.
....otherwise, the fact that some of those who sent those mails & messages are members here should of course provide the logical answer to that question.

Do take care of you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 3:43pm On May 23
onegentleguy:

CAVEAT: NOT to be inferred as any sought of investment advice. Due diligence still applies as always.

Selah

Sorry no vex o, will you be taking up your own RI?
If par value of 2k is priced @3.65, 50k par value will amount to ... with the plenty OS abi they wan do reverse stock split later?

Na question I ask make I no for loss again as I never recover from Wema Bank own I take.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 3:53pm On May 23
KarlTom:
It's 50-50.
I personally am divided over reinvesting the UBA dividend or holding on a little bit maybe the price will tank further... angry

UBA @19, FCMB @6.20 even though I know say that one na fluke, ...
You sure say e no dey attractive enough to bring the UBA dividend reinvest?

Do your DD o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 4:09pm On May 23
Let's see what tomorrow holds... wink
KayOn1:

UBA @19, FCMB @6.20 even though I know say that one na fluke, ...
You sure say e no dey attractive enough to bring the UBA dividend reinvest?

Do your DD o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:46pm On May 23
KayOn1:

Sorry no vex o, will you be taking up your own RI?
If par value of 2k is priced @3.65, 50k par value will amount to ... with the plenty OS abi they wan do reverse stock split later?

Na question I ask make I no for loss again as I never recover from Wema Bank own I take.

That "no vex" part was funny. wink cheesy grin
Am not angry bro! ...neither do I have anything against you or anyone here so always feel free to ask your question and if I can spare the time, i'll respond to them.

Now to the question;
I do not know if there'll be a reverse stock split. But even If that will happen, it won't be in the near term.

On your last statement, I believe a lot will depend on ones investment personality & goal.
In this instance, it'll also depend on your intended capital/budget spend or stability in cash flow.

You'd expect that a value investor Mr A, who's looking to build a position size of 30M unit in the coy would have a different approach to that of a growth investor, Mr B with a target of 5M... as would Mr C, a position trader looking to build a 250,000 unit holding.
It should make sense if Mr A does not rely entirely on buying from the floor, hoping to get a desirable discount off the RI peg.
Because though he may have the financial power, he doesn't necessarily have the bargaining power. ....especially for coys with lean shareholding structure and low FF.
So it might be ok for Mr A to take part of his right, while also waiting for a drop in price.
Mr B can equally adopt a similar strategy unlike Mr C, who could decide to wait and hopefully, buy at a discount on the floor. (if it does play out in his favor)

Different strategies for different folks.
As long as it suits your investment personality and goal, it's fine!

INTBREW may or may not drop from current price level.
But what I can tell you is that the RI peg of N3.65 is super great. ...it's actually worth every dime!
I have done some in-depth (inside-out) analysis on that coy.
The truth is that people don't really have to take up their rights. ....there are those who can help them take it up.
The last time I was this confident about a coys RI exercise was when... wink cheesy cool

Just follow your instinct bro.
I wish you well!
Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 5:04pm On May 23
onegentleguy:

It would've been easy to answer your question and much more if only you had acted a bit more matured.
I never imagined you could address me in this manner, but it's fine. It's not like am some acclaimed VIP. (am just a nobody) wink cheesy cool

Like in the past when I've adviced you to show restraint and be more accommodating in your engagement with others, I could've asked you to be calm, but I wouldn't want to.

PLS kindly sell off your holding or follow your instinct.
I still wish you well though!

Regards
You may be right to read my comment from different angle.I know my first sentence may not have come off well but to be sincere I decided to go that way because after reading you thought about the RI.I found little or nothing in it.The normal value of quoted companies has little or no benefits to minority shareholders because he is either after appreciation or dividend. And the Os has alot to do with companies performance when talking about eps.I was expecting you to dwell on the os after the Ri.And what should be expected after this bloated os after Ri.You could see we are shocked at the ratio of 6 :1.This is one of the challenges in transcorp plc and the fear of many investors as per bank recapitalisation now.

No vex as per my first sentence on the initial quote. Na the management of iB dey vex me,lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:44pm On May 23
Streetinvestor2:
You may be right to read my comment from different angle.I know my first sentence may not have come off well but to be sincere I decided to go that way because after reading you thought about the RI.I found little or nothing in it.The normal value of quoted companies has little or no benefits to minority shareholders because he is either after appreciation or dividend. And the Os has alot to do with companies performance when talking about eps.I was expecting you to dwell on the os after the Ri.And what should be expected after this bloated os after Ri.You could see we are shocked at the ratio of 6 :1.This is one of the challenges in transcorp plc and the fear of many investors as per bank recapitalisation now.

No vex as per my first sentence on the initial quote. Na the management of iB dey vex me,lol

It's ok bro. ...am honestly not upset. cheesy wink grin

My post was mainly to address the concern around the seemingly bloated RI allotment peg and if indeed the capital raise/equity financing is necessary.

That said, your concern on whether the exercise will result to some level of dilution is valid. (RIs often does)
But look at it this way; it'd be easier and faster to grow earnings than dilute same (ref: CPS/EPS/EM) if you have an efficient capital structure and a clean slate in BS position.
...that's what the exercise aims to achieve. (via share cap reduction)

Again, note that the OS position will not increase the % FF post the RI exercise. Minority holders like you and I will still hold the same %... but that's assuming they all take up their rights.
Otherwise the liquidity concern you're probably worried about will only get better. This is especially true of coys with lean SS and FF like INTBREW. (unlike the transcorp example you mentioned) wink cheesy cool

I'll say it again; the RI/SCR exercise has some pros and cons. But the good thing is that the pros far outweigh the cons and puts the average minority investor in a better stead.

Kindly read through my previous post. (a revert to @ kayon1)
But pls also do well to follow your instinct.

Do take care
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:46pm On May 23
USAfall2024:
Today's bears finally pitied us small and calmed down towards the close of business. Hopefully, this is a sign of a sustained upward trajectory in the short-term. At least let the bears allow us breathe small embarassed. Seeing UBA@19, Zenith@under 30, FCMB@6.15, Transcorp@10.15 etc. go shock even the most optimistic NGX investors but thanks for the reversal to limit the shedding of our portfolio. Anyway, it's the planting season for folks with funds to keep picking more units of their choice stocks. Whereas for we that don't have investible funds, na to wait for sideline and hope for better days ahead and hold body small with any tashere dividend. It's well πŸ™.

Lower low begat more lower low πŸ˜‚
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SetrakusRa(m): 5:52pm On May 23
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 6:38pm On May 23
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 7:01pm On May 23
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 7:02pm On May 23
I was never a fan of FBNH since when it became inconsistent in dividend payment!

If you're a dividend investor in FBNH,I think this is the best time to sell it.

Any company a certain Mr O is a major shareholder,it is always associated with poor dividend.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 7:02pm On May 23
SetrakusRa:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/41297_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC-_QUARTER_5_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MAY_2024.pdf

40k dividend?

Chai
FCMB and WEMA dividend bit First Bank.
FBNH can lay claim to beating ETI that declared no Dividend. With 0 dividend ETI price no shake grin.

Will Ote$ and Co mop up more shares or will the price fall yakata ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 7:05pm On May 23
SetrakusRa:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/41297_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC-_QUARTER_5_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MAY_2024.pdf

40k dividend?

N4.00 abi .40k grin grin grin

Na to hold FBNH longer...Is this Ote$ strategy to buy shares at lower price or what

Looking more like the Voice of Ote$...the hand of Otudeko grin

O chim...I don leave NSE for una till 2025. Make I kuku face TB

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Audacius: 7:13pm On May 23
crownprince2017:

Let them know that it's not free too.

Yes. A price was quoted. But I did not get indication for where and how to pay and I have gotten two dividends anyway. Anyone with that information can share. Maybe that is delaying the remaining I am yet to get.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Audacius: 7:16pm On May 23
emmaodet:

Have filled the necessary info and documents on the portal.
Please how do I track my dividends progress? I downloaded a document with some numbers for each stock.
How do I use it? Thanks

No information about how to track progress. I guess one just have to wait. The person who posted the link initially actually complained about delay in getting the dividends.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aimaft: 8:06pm On May 23
222Martins:
Something funny is happening in TIP. Those in the bus can shed more light grin grin. A director in TIP, AFOLAYAN SAMUEL OLAJIDE bought 2,200,000 units of TIP at N2.03 on the 15th of May 2024, and equally sold 5,069,015 units at the same price on the same date. And i am wondering, what kind of play is this? grin grin grin

Probably he meant to sell when he actually bought and later sold all together. This mistake usually occurs once in a while to traders in the market

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7781) (7782) (7783) (7784) (7785) (7786) (7787) ... (7820) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mpeace(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.