Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5698) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10955497 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5695) (5696) (5697) (5698) (5699) (5700) (5701) ... (7778) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 3:03pm On May 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

What stocks do you have on NASD?

I have four stocks namely CSCS, Friesland Wamco, Afriland Properties, Niger Delta Exploration and Petroleum Development
Wamco, afriland properties, cscs and MiXreal

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:04pm On May 26, 2020
jideflash:
After more research and analysis with insiders and external resources on Caverton. Its clear Caverton will take abit of beating this 2020 FY. Large FX liabilities/expenses and lower Revenue expected with oil major slowing down operations. With cash reserve, we don't expect a loss yet.
It will be advisable to watch from the sidelines.

I'm Out!!

grin grin grin
You did this to "Cumbersome"?
What Caverton is doing to it's passengers right now... grin angry undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 26, 2020
otomatic:

Govt cannot default on Naira denominated instruments. They will simply print more money. Default can be on the Foreign currency instruments like Eurobond, as they have no control over those currencies (they need to earn it as against printing it).

Countries default on their own currency. Though it is usually rare but it does happen.

Argentina in 2001.
Venezuela in 1998
Russia in 1998
Ukraine in 1998
Ecuador in 1999
Jamaica in 2010 and 2013.

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:10pm On May 26, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Countries default on their own currency. Though it is usually rare but it does happen.

Argentina in 2001.
Venezuela in 1998
Russia in 1998
Ukraine in 1998
Ecuador in 1999

grin grin

They need Chinese Economists... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 26, 2020
Coolcash1:

Printing money as logical as it may sound comes with grievous economic and financial implications for the government. It simply gives government security bad rating,causes panic, and discourages investors to hold such investment. The other implications that come with QE for such an unproductive and debilitating economy like ours will further send it into comatose and possibly nail it to the coffin.

I doubt if they will just print Naira. Economists surrounding the president will not allow that. So count that out as a possibility. Instead the country will continue to borrow and the citizens will hear weeeeeen!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 26, 2020
onegentleguy:
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and love.
...I heart u all !! wink cheesy grin

This is wishing us a blissful week ahead. ...and of course a corona-free and healthy life to our families and everyone we hold dear !!

Regards

I'm late to the party!

I join the others to tell you welcome.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:15pm On May 26, 2020
ZikkyChops:

Wamco, afriland properties, cscs and MiXreal

Mixta Rea estate, former ARM Properties.

What was the dividend declared last year

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 26, 2020
Dow, S & P and NASDAQ are all flying.

News of having a vaccine around December.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 26, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

They need Chinese Economists... grin

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:23pm On May 26, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

We are still waiting for the bottom... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:26pm On May 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Mixta Rea estate, former ARM Properties.

What was the dividend declared last year

Afriland Properties paid 20k this year

CSCS paid 86k this year

Friesland Wamco paid N7.80k last year

Niger Delta paid N10.00 last year

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 3:29pm On May 26, 2020
lol, no be so. depending on your entry price + dividend, we should all be good. i entered bulk of my holdings at N1.7 ( i have been giving update from 90kobo), and the company has been growing steadily in revenue and stock price. so no doubt its a solid company with new contracts signed recently. Moving forward, the company has completed setup of their MRO center and should launch the Training facility within the next 12 months ( with its 1st of the kind in Africa worldclass flight simulator on its way to Nigeria), their income will be better diversified.

But as you see we here are just minority holders, we cant afford to suffer the coming market blow like them (majority shareholders), as Capital preservation is key. We shall return once the storm is clear. We are here to be our brothers and sisters keeper.

DeRuggedProf:

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:38pm On May 26, 2020
jideflash:
lol, no be so. depending on your entry price + dividend, we should all be good. i entered bulk of my holdings at N1.7 ( i have been giving update from 90kobo), and the company has been growing steadily in revenue and stock price. so no doubt its a solid company with new contracts signed recently. Moving forward, the company has completed setup of their MRO center and should launch the Training facility within the next 12 months ( with its 1st of the kind in Africa worldclass flight simulator on its way to Nigeria), their income will be better diversified.

But as you see we here are just minority holders, we cant afford to suffer the coming market blow like them (majority shareholders), as Capital preservation is key. We shall return once the storm is clear.

So you have joined Warren Buffet to flee the promised land waiting for the Giants to be killed first.... grin
I like how nimble you are.
You can still re enter below N2.
The stock market is like Nigerian politics, hunger can teach you disloyalty.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 3:45pm On May 26, 2020
onegentleguy:

I had to advise him to take a chill pill and relax because it would still rise back above his entry peg.
...my projection is a near $14,730 price.

Expect a massive sell off on BTC within the coming days.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otomatic(m): 3:50pm On May 26, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Argentina in 2001.
Venezuela in 1998
Russia in 1998
Ukraine in 1998
Ecuador in 1999

grin grin

Hmm. Then no investment is guaranteed/secure, maybe low risk

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 3:51pm On May 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Afriland Properties paid 20k this year

CSCS paid 86k this year

Friesland Wamco paid N7.80k last year

Niger Delta paid N10.00 last year

Update: Niger Delta Exploration has proposed N17 this year. AGM and payment is 17th June. Qualification date is 29th May 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 3:58pm On May 26, 2020
Prof you whats up. Yes o, we cant be the victims when the giants are crying. What is the essence of been in a forum like this, if i wont learn from the many experience of traders here as well.
Buy low, sell High.
Loyalty doesnt always make you win. Imagine those who bought Gtb, Fbn and Zenith at their record High back in 2007/8. now add the loss due to yearly inflation and FX devaluation.

Profit you make can be kept and still be loss. But Loss is Loss. Never Lose you capital. #playsmart and wait for the best opportunity. Nigeria is in trouble right now, our second highest source of FX ( the diaspora) are also struggling. by august the crisis will become clearer.

For caverton, a stock with market price of N2.6 having EPS of N1.29 is brilliant. cant wait for it to reach its low, make i go clear market,

DeRuggedProf:

So you have joined Warren Buffet to flee the promised land waiting for the Giants to be killed first.... grin
I like how nimble you are.
You can still re enter below N2.
The stock market is like Nigerian politics, hunger can teach you disloyalty.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 26, 2020
otomatic:

Hmm. Then no investment is guaranteed/secure, maybe low risk

Risk is low.

In safety, you can't have a zero risk. I believe same goes with finance. You can only reduce risk to As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 4:02pm On May 26, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

grin grin grin
What Caverton is doing to it's passengers right now... grin angry undecided

What is that ? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 4:02pm On May 26, 2020
Any hope for my transcorp?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 4:03pm On May 26, 2020
For caverton, a stock with market price of N2.6 having EPS of N1.29 is brilliant. cant wait for it to reach its low, make i go clear market,
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DUNKA(m): 4:03pm On May 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

What stocks do you have on NASD?

I have four stocks namely CSCS, Friesland Wamco, Afriland Properties, Niger Delta Exploration and Petroleum Development
Please Is NASD PLC stock still unavailable for trading?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 4:11pm On May 26, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Argentina in 2001.
Venezuela in 1998
Russia in 1998
Ukraine in 1998
Ecuador in 1999

grin grin

Thanks for the input. You know people get carried away by the fact that its government, so default risk is zero forgetting that our economy which is heavily driven and dependent on export of primary commodity does not support such assertion.

Let him that has ear let him hear.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 4:14pm On May 26, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

I doubt if they will just print Naira. Economists surrounding the president will not allow that. So count that out as a possibility. Instead the country will continue to borrow and the citizens will hear weeeeeen!

....that may be escape root since they always boast that our debt to gdp is the lowest in Africa.... grin They will continue to borrow until creditors put for sale on the country.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by arduino: 4:14pm On May 26, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Hope NSE go respond well tomorrow ooo...
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 4:31pm On May 26, 2020
jideflash:

Audio EPS.
A stock that you their chief auditor saw the results and mistakenly sold.

A stock that traded at sub 80k when there was no Coronavirus let alone now that airline stock are taking a hit due to Coronavirus.

Even our almighty Buffett turn to JiJOist due to the pandemic.

WARNING! WARNING!! WARNING!!!
Anyone buying CARVETON above N1.00k is doing so at his or her own risk.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 26, 2020
arduino:

Hope NSE go respond well tomorrow ooo...
cheesy cheesy

I believe it should. Because it responded during the worst of news in April and May. Why won't it now that data coming out seems better than previous months.

Everything is just liquidity driven.

Though fundamentals of all economies have not yet aligned with reality.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 4:33pm On May 26, 2020
The way i am looking at CSCS eee...it is an institutional stock. It is registrar of stocks.. it cannot go down unless NSE disappears...and it is constantly making money from fees and commissions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9jatriot(m): 4:54pm On May 26, 2020
Bros, na oil and gas industry you de?

RabbiDoracle:

Risk is low.

In safety, you can't have a zero risk. I believe same goes with finance. You can only reduce risk to As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owolabi5: 5:05pm On May 26, 2020
onegentleguy:

This is wishing us a blissful week ahead. ...and of course a corona-free and healthy life to our families and everyone we hold dear !!

Regards

WELCOME COME BACK BOSS

NA U BIKO OOOOOOOO

ODOGWU!!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 5:16pm On May 26, 2020
jideflash:
Prof you whats up. Yes o, we cant be the victims when the giants are crying. What is the essence of been in a forum like this, if i wont learn from the many experience of traders here as well.
Buy low, sell High.
Loyalty doesnt always make you win. Imagine those who bought Gtb, Fbn and Zenith at their record High back in 2007/8. now add the loss due to yearly inflation and FX devaluation.

Profit you make can be kept and still be loss. But Loss is Loss. Never Lose you capital. #playsmart and wait for the best opportunity. Nigeria is in trouble right now, our second highest source of FX ( the diaspora) are also struggling. by august the crisis will become clearer.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

In 1982
$1.42 sold for N1.00

In 2020
$1.00 is now selling for N460

NAIRA has lost 99.85% against USD while USD has gained a whooping 65220% in value against NAIRA shocked

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 26, 2020
onegentleguy:

Regards
Bros you don show, welcome.Abeg no dey try this kind expensive play next time ...this na money matter,lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5695) (5696) (5697) (5698) (5699) (5700) (5701) ... (7778) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hedgefunds, Frangel and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.