Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,711 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5700) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10879079 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5697) (5698) (5699) (5700) (5701) (5702) (5703) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 9:22pm On May 26, 2020
Mcy56:

Jide, its somehow difficult to convince someone that you didn't sell off cos you anticipated reduction in 2019 dividend.
Anyway, since you said it was mistake, let's assume it was........but we should remember not to hoard info should we be privy to one.
Caverton is not bad at current price but the level with which guys here were condemning the stock is worrisome.
The good thing however is that Mr. Market will do what Mr. Market will do irrespective of Nsempas opinions, I just feel for those who would lose money out of panic cos of all these negative opinions.
Someone even mentioned N1. shocked If someone could be waiting for Zee at N5, then this shouldn't come as a surprise. tongue
The thing is: anyone that doesn't have the stock does not need to create unnecessary panic with the aim to enter at cheaper price, just leave it for those having it to deal with the headache. Shikena!

Its like they have sold you the empty can...did you load Caverton expecting mega harvest

grin

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CHARLESNIPER: 9:25pm On May 26, 2020
freeman67:
Now the Snipper guy has disappeared. I was thinking he will come out and show love now.
That's because he later replied to my past massages to him last night. i was worried and angry that he probably left because of d orpkorpise dem 4 here but he told me his absence was purely because of his recent work commitments and nothing more. i have also talked with him on phone and i think he is back for good. grin
So all the evildoers dem 4 here can go wallow in their envy and misery. I throway salute give mi good oga dem 4 here. make una dey guide us dey go. grin nothing dey shele!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 9:29pm On May 26, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Research and you will see it. Google is your friend.

Nope! All foreign denominated sir.

9 defaults bah?

Maybe if you point out the year or years they actually defaulted on their own Argentine Peso.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 9:35pm On May 26, 2020
Mcy56:

Jide, its somehow difficult to convince someone that you didn't sell off cos you anticipated reduction in 2019 dividend.
Anyway, since you said it was mistake, let's assume it was........but we should remember not to hoard info should we be privy to one.
Caverton is not bad at current price but the level with which guys here were condemning the stock is worrisome.
The good thing however is that Mr. Market will do what Mr. Market will do irrespective of Nsempas opinions, I just feel for those who would lose money out of panic cos of all these negative opinions.
Someone even mentioned N1. shocked If someone could be waiting for Zee at N5, then this shouldn't come as a surprise. tongue
The thing is: anyone that doesn't have the stock does not need to create unnecessary panic with the aim to enter at cheaper price, just leave it for those having it to deal with the headache. Shikena!

We know them. All we can do is to ignore since block button is not available on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 9:38pm On May 26, 2020
Mcy56:

Peter, Year low of caverton was 2.03. Where did you see the 80kobo? Can you state the date within the last one year where it sold for 80k?
Think you should just stick to your uacn you're busy doing jijo and monkey hunting.
Once you enter you start promoting with good news, once out you start bringing bad bad news just to re-enter cheaper again.
Quite some coys will feel the covid heat, so no need to bad mouth one out of many.

grin

Calm down

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by afroxyz: 10:19pm On May 26, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Risk is low.

In safety, you can't have a zero risk. I believe same goes with finance. You can only reduce risk to As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
In safety? You been dey do 14 days on and off?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nelson2020: 10:46pm On May 26, 2020
Hello guys. Pls, is GSK a good buy tomorrow?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by billtommy(m): 11:47pm On May 26, 2020
Hello house...Is it safe to buy some bank stock tomorrow considering present price? Specifically zenith, fbn and gtb?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 11:54pm On May 26, 2020
Mcy56:

Peter, Year low of caverton was 2.03. Where did you see the 80kobo? Can you state the date within the last one year where it sold for 80k?
Think you should just stick to your uacn you're busy doing jijo and monkey hunting.
Once you enter you start promoting with good news, once out you start bringing bad bad news just to re-enter cheaper again.
Quite some coys will feel the covid heat, so no need to bad mouth one out of many.

I can see you like losing money undecided

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 12:59am On May 27, 2020
Some people here are just trouble makers. Why mock people over their investment choice. We are here to exchange knowledge and not by showing oversabi. I believe with the amount of cash we put in equity, we should be more matured.

Nobody is forcing any stock on anyone. We share information and each person should free will to make their own choices. We all have our Target.

Caverton price that didn't collapse in comparison with its industry peers and is still within its high price. Still having one of the best Price/earning ratio in the whole market, So there is space to come down safely without burning cash. All I said is about 2020 FY is going to be tight as many other companies will face challenges in Nigeria due to Covid, oil price and FX.

I sold at 2.4 2wks ago when the stock was selling 2.77. Took my loss like a G, and entered fbnh at 4.7. Still riding.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 1:09am On May 27, 2020
@Mcy: Me that I still bought small units at 2.9 last week Thursday. Offcourse I expected reduction in dividend. I even mentioned it here before the result came out. businesses with huge finance liabilities especially in FX will want to have enough cash reserve to mitigate the socio-economic risks triggered by Covid.

Mcy56:

jideflash:
cool
make i go consult with the oracles. but i can i assure, so far, there is nothing to fear in the result. na the dividends we never know.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by abuhusna1: 5:49am On May 27, 2020
Mcy56:

My sister you are very correct about some people creating unnecessary panic to buy your stock at cheap price. Such person cost me a fortune here as well when he declared unilever a no go area and I had to sell at 11 naira when I should be sitting on 700k profit today. Going forward only taking few people serious here.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:23am On May 27, 2020
abuhusna1:

My sister you are very correct about some people creating unnecessary panic to buy your stock at cheap price. Such person cost me a fortune here as well when he declared unilever a no go area and I had to sell at 11 naira when I should be sitting on 700k profit today. Going forward only taking few people serious here.

You can't create panic and cause a market crash. Not possible.

Remember stcool, Chibuking81 when they were making analysis that market will fall, did it fall?

So don't stifle who wants to post his thought the same way lots of people do here and in lots of mobile fora.

Warren Buffett sold his stakes in many companies, did it prevent the stock from rising.

Your view must not always align with others' view. Learn to live and let others live.

As for selling your Unilever, it means you don't even know why you bought the stock in the first place.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 6:26am On May 27, 2020
jideflash:
After more research and analysis with insiders and external resources on Caverton. Its clear Caverton will take abit of beating this 2020 FY. Large FX liabilities/expenses and lower Revenue expected with oil major slowing down operations. With cash reserve, we don't expect a loss yet.
It will be advisable to watch from the sidelines.

I'm Out!!
Thanks boss for your sincerity and purpose. Newbies take note, this guy is well connected to caverton guys than anyone I know of in this group.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dinyelutochukwu: 6:33am On May 27, 2020
abuhusna1:

If I may, permit me to borrow a line from Abraham Lincoln’s letter his son’s teacher.
“Teach my son to Listen to all men, teach him to filter all he hears on a screen of truth and take only the good that comes through it.”

That Peterichy you see there has made people a fortune on this forum, from Oando to UACN etc.
Neglect him at your own loss.

Like Jide said earlier, if you make a loss, take it like a G and move on to the next opportunity out there.

It’s no use crying over spilt milk.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by abuhusna1: 6:38am On May 27, 2020
dinyelutochukwu:

If I may, permit me to borrow a line from Abraham Lincoln’s letter his son’s teacher.
“Teach my son to Listen to all men, teach him to filter all he hears on a screen of truth and take only the good that comes through it.”

That Peterichy you see there has made people a fortune on this forum, from Oando to UACN etc.
Neglect him at your own loss.

Like Jide said earlier, if you make a loss, take it like a G and move on to the next opportunity out there.

It’s no use crying over spilt milk.
You are right about uacn for real cos I bought more on the advice from here and never panicked when people were dumping it I kept accumulating. Moreso if I say someone cost me to lose a fortune I don't mean I know the person cos I am too busy to cram that and I can't even say the particular person but I remember vividly I bought more of uacn because peterrichu was consistently preaching its Gospel and looking at the all time low I knew the stock will move higher.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:43am On May 27, 2020
GonFreecss1:

Nope! All foreign denominated sir.

9 defaults bah?

Maybe if you point out the year or years they actually defaulted on their own Argentine Peso.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:49am On May 27, 2020
Mcy56:

Sir, I was asking him about the 52wks low.
If you read his quoted comment again, you will see that he said before Covid19, reason I asked him where he saw 80kobo.
Boss, from that 64k it has traded with over 300% gain thereafter.
Why is it that nobody came out to condemn the stock before they released the result?
Anyway, what I saw from the posts were quite different from the normal one you're talking about sir, grin .....make dem no go start another trouble here again sha.

If it is 52 weeks low, I don't think it got to 80kobo he started.

However, from his post, he said before covid 19. This could also mean when there was no pandemic up to the time the company was listed. So I believed he was talking about the historical low.

But don't mind Peter cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:07am On May 27, 2020
@ Mercy, psychologically I see you as a portfolio holder of more than 5 stocks.Dont you think you will always use A to compasate B and use C for D.

This market is very good on a good target.You make a strong DD on a stock and put a strong money for a very short period and selloff and Target another stock .
Unless you are a dividend Hunter or a long termer,I would advice you change your investment strategy.

As it was in the days of fidson so shall it be in these days of wapco.Good morning all

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 7:19am On May 27, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

The US stock market is moving too fast. It needs to go in tandem with reality. More like wait- and-see slow rise (though not falling like in March and not rising too fast).

But I'm watching sha and comparing data.

On EM front, I don't see any issue for now because most money will go chasing yields in most EMs. So na to siddon dey wait for them. grin

. Ok thank u appr8

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dinyelutochukwu: 8:14am On May 27, 2020
locodemy:
@ Mercy, psychologically I see you as a portfolio holder of more than 5 stocks.Dont you think you will always use A to compasate B and use C for D.

This market is very good on a good target.You make a strong DD on a stock and put a strong money for a very short period and selloff and Target another stock .
Unless you are a dividend Hunter or a long termer,I would advice you change your investment strategy.

As it was in the days of fidson so shall it be in these days of wapco.Good morning all
Those who have eyes, let them see.
Loco, have you completely ported from FIDSON?
It has not reached our bus stop o!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dileem: 8:39am On May 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

The shares of CSCS, Friesland Wamco, DUFIL makers of Indomie, Afriland Properties, Niger Delta Exploration, NIPCO plc and some other companies can be bought on NASD.

Tell your stock to open NASD account for you, provided your broker has the licence to trade on NASD stocks.

Thanks Pa Emmy.
Any idea if Morgan Capital has this service?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:47am On May 27, 2020
There is a mentality here that is wrong in my honest opinion. Certain people feel certain stocks belong to them.
If you mention Access, they think of DRP, if you mention FCMB, they think of Oracle, if you write Union, they may not wait for you to complete "bank" or diagnostics and start imaging Peterichy... grin

All stocks belong to everybody and all stocks belong to none.

The love of any stock is the most reliable Chinese bridge to the kingdom of losses. When sentiments, market cycles, fundamentals etc etc change, go back to crosscheck your reason for holding.

Any beautiful house standing in the way of a great hurricane is bad for rentage, especially where you are paying for many years upfront.
Where the landlord is living there with you is even worse, you may survive, but he may be consumed. Who will you sue? grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:49am On May 27, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Remember stcool, Chibuking81 when they were making analysis that market will fall, did it fall?

So don't stifle who wants to post his thought the same way lots of people do here and in lots of mobile fora.

Warren Buffett sold his stakes in many companies, did it prevent the stock from rising.

Your view must not always align with others' view. Learn to live and let others live.

As for selling your Unilever, it means you don't even know why you bought the stock in the first place.

Well said. Most people think if we say market will fall then it will fall...I am waiting Q2 hoping I can get some bargain, but if that does not happen we move

Everyone wants to buy at their own price but the market will do what it will do.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 8:53am On May 27, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Some of their statements sometimes hurt some of us that are still trying to get it together in this stock bussiness. ChibuKing81 I have always known to be an alarmist and won't give his opinions some thoughts when make a serious decision. However, for Stcool I considered his thought and sold off my tasere 20,000 units of UBA @ N5.30 and Zenith @ N13.70 so that I can load more when the market comes down.

I did that because I do not want to be caught napping the second time. I had to average all the little shares I have in my portfolio because I did not heed the sell call earlier.

There were my decisions and I take full responsibility for them. However, I will advice the newbies to take their call with a pinch of salt.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 8:57am On May 27, 2020
DeRuggedProf:
There is a mentality here that is wrong in my honest opinion. Certain people feel certain stocks belong to them.
If you mention Access, they think of DRP, if you mention FCMB, they think of Oracle, if you write Union, they may not wait for you to complete "bank" or diagnostics and start imaging Peterichy... grin

All stocks belong to everybody and all stocks belong to none.

The love of any stock is the most reliable Chinese bridge to the kingdom of losses. When sentiments, market cycles, fundamentals etc etc change, go back to crosscheck your reason for holding.

Any beautiful house standing in the way of a great hurricane is bad for rentage, especially where you are paying for many years upfront.
Where the landlord is living there with you is even worse, you may survive, but he may be consumed. Who will you sue? grin

I love how you love to equivocate and use parables to pass your message grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:59am On May 27, 2020
fxuser:

another decent gainer is Nbrew , up +80% from April lows

can Guinness find such love ?

umm

Quick div chk (approx)

Ucap +18.52%
Afri Prud +16.67%
Zenith +16.47%
UBA +14.93%

lumm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 9:00am On May 27, 2020
freeman67:

Some of their statements sometimes hurt some of us that are still trying to get it together in this stock bussiness. ChibuKing81 I have always known to be an alarmist and won't give his opinions some thoughts when make a serious decision. However, for Stcool I considered his thought and sold off my tasere 20,000 units of UBA @ N5.30 and Zenith @ N13.70 so that I can load more when the market comes down.

I did that because I do not want to be caught napping the second time. I had to average all the little shares I have in my portfolio because I did not heed the sell call earlier.

There were my decisions and I take full responsibility for them. However, I will advice the newbies to take their call with a pinch of salt.

Newbies are the most hit.

I was hit too, a few years ago.

But I take responsibility now for my obvious naivety and ignorance. The importance of due diligence cannot be overemphasized.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2020
fxuser:

Quick div chk (approx)

Ucap +18.52%
Afri Prud +16.67%
Zenith +16.47%
UBA +14.93%

lumm

Juicy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:02am On May 27, 2020
fxuser:

Quick div chk (approx)

Ucap +18.52%
Afri Prud +16.67%
Zenith +16.47%
UBA +14.93%

lumm

MTN
- prev week engulfing brk out candle , puts trend in a positive structure
- price closing abv 50-ema

(good for index )

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Delords: 9:06am On May 27, 2020
Dileem:

Thanks Pa Emmy.
Any idea if Morgan Capital has this service?

They have the licence but yet to trade on the sector.
They said they can commence trading once they have substantial and reasonable trades to execute.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 9:15am On May 27, 2020
freeman67:

Stcool helped in preserving your cash.
Cash is king grin
The important thing is you taking full responsibility of your decisions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5697) (5698) (5699) (5700) (5701) (5702) (5703) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ibrahim505(m), Zagee, DUNKA(m), kaykehin, Redoil, Mpeace(m), unite4real, egojeny1(f), 222Martins(m), 2zona(m), oludy, Agbalowomeri, courage89(m), Curiouscity(m), dapix, 1jboi, Locotrader(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.