Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,670 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5701) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10878769 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5698) (5699) (5700) (5701) (5702) (5703) (5704) ... (7751) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 9:25am On May 27, 2020
stcool:

Bank name?

Private chat? But I don't think you can get more than 4% with that amount though
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:39am On May 27, 2020
On matter about CAVERTON...
There is really no need for alarm bells or panic !!

1st off, the company's YE 2019 financial print was clearly positive. ...with top and bottom line showing appreciable growth accross several key indices.
Management also did well to set in motion a necessary part to optimize cost. ...which is a worthy move given the added need for capital retention as one of their key sector of interest face stiffer business climate brought about by the current pandemic.

The only reason for the weak investor sentiment at the back of the 10% loss on Friday was the 20% drop in YoY distributable earnings(div) from 25k to 20k.
Investors probably expected more, but the company couldn't give more.
In retrospect, between the present economic challenges and having an-after-now stand to help support it, there is need for a conservative approach as it relates to funds utilization.

In all, the result shows that the journey in 2019 was great. ...but 2020 will pose challenges. It will be a tough journey.
That said, there are still certain fine lines in their YE report that paints of a worthy asset.(will dig on this later)

What will I do if I hold the stock?
Well, a lot will depend on ur personality, investment horizon and goal.
...3 line of strategies;
1) Mid to Long term... HOLD and look to adopt a cost averaging approach while reaping from ur capital invested casflows(divs) !!
2) Short to Mid-term... HOLD but seek to adopt a value investing approach that defines ur personality and investment goal.
3) Short/Near term... SELL and/or look to adopt a contrarian approach to investing.

While all 3 lines are cool, I still prefer the 1st 2(see part in bold)
That said, those who belong to the 3rd crew can sell, so some of us can realign !! For if they don't sell down, how can those of the 1st 2 group buy.

Disclaimer: NOT an investment advise. ...the need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.
My advise: Pls follow ur instinct !!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dileem: 9:43am On May 27, 2020
Delords:

They have the licence but yet to trade on the sector.
They said they can commence trading once they have substantial and reasonable trades to execute.

Thank you.
Kindly help: What platform for one check the prices of these stocks listed of NASD, do they follow the 52week lows and highs trend?
Or one just buys at whatever rate they are said to go for?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 9:48am On May 27, 2020
TraDeRR:

What is that ? grin grin

Good day madam. Good to hear from you, hope you are doing great?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:54am On May 27, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

You can't create panic and cause a market crash. Not possible.

Remember stcool, Chibuking81 when they were making analysis that market will fall, did it fall?

So don't stifle who wants to post his thought the same way lots of people do here and in lots of mobile fora.

Warren Buffett sold his stakes in many companies, did it prevent the stock from rising.

Your view must not always align with others' view. Learn to live and let others live.

As for selling your Unilever, it means you don't even know why you bought the stock in the first place.

...Exactly what I had also intended to reply him. Very well said !!I
I have always said that folks should have a plan, seasoned with a strategy that defines their PERSONALITY, INVESTMENT HORIZON and GOALS and do well to always stick religiously to it !!
If u haven't done that, then am sorry u are not yet ready to be a shrewd investor. wink cheesy grin

"There are basically 2 great days in a person's life;
The day u were born, and the day u discover why u were born.
In the Stock market, that 'discovery' is tantamount to knowing why u are where u are, and having a sound reason for been there.
...for if u do not know why u are in the market, then u probably won't know why u should succeed in it."
~Sinclair

"If u plan well ur VISION, u will often times execute ur MISSION. But in between that planning and execution MUST come KNOWLEDGE, STRATEGY and DISERNMENT.
...otherwise u might well be 'a prisoner of war' to the stock market and the intelligent few in it."
~Sinclair
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:55am On May 27, 2020
locodemy:
@ Mercy, psychologically I see you as a portfolio holder of more than 5 stocks.Dont you think you will always use A to compasate B and use C for D.

This market is very good on a good target.You make a strong DD on a stock and put a strong money for a very short period and selloff and Target another stock .
Unless you are a dividend Hunter or a long termer,I would advice you change your investment strategy.

As it was in the days of fidson so shall it be in these days of wapco.Good morning all

... too dangerous to put all your foods in one basket though
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:01am On May 27, 2020
veecovee:

... too dangerous to put all your foods in one basket though

Those who do jijo on one stock do their DD very well and they use technicals to trade......that means 90% assurance it will deliver.

Using stop loss of 5% in every trade is very helpful too to reduce loss.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 10:09am On May 27, 2020
anjilgreat:

Good day madam. Good to hear from you, hope you are doing great?
Good morning madam. Chai I’m not doing great oo.. COVID m'a baisé à gauche, à droite et au centre! I’m ready to tell 2020 good bye

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 10:12am On May 27, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

That is how the Helicopter firm is testing for Covid. ... angry
any hope for transcorp?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 10:15am On May 27, 2020
Uchetoba:
Here are the numbers that I promised you:

When the Unbundling of UPDC and UPDCREIT is completed, the shareholders of UPDC will be given 1 unit of UPDCREIT in addition to every 12 shares of UPDC held.

AND UACN SHAREHOLDERS WILL RECEIVE
12 SHARES OF UPDC +
1 SHARE OF UPDCREIT
IN ADDITION TO EVERY 2 SHARES OF UACN ORIGINALLY HELD.
talk2me2:
Guy I from the very moment I saw this your post I quickly moved into research about UACN. Here are my findings:

UACN has 2,881,296,580 ordinary shares of 50k each.
UPDC has 18.462billion ordinary shares of 50k each after the right issue.
Accordig to reuters.com UACN now own 93.9% or 17.34 billion shares of UPDC. When UACN unbundles UPDC, the 17.34B shares will be alloted pro rata to the shareholders of uacn i.e 17.34b ÷ 2.88b = 6 shares of updc for 1 share of uacn held.

In addition, UPDCREIT has 2,668,269,500 units of N10 each.
UPDC own 61.5 % or 1,640,985,742 units of UPDCREIT.
And uacn own 93.9% or 1,540,885,611 units of updcreit.
the pro rata means 1.54b ÷ 2.88b = 0.53 unit for 1 share of uacn held. Now let's multiply 0.53 by 2 = 1.06 or 1 unit of updcreit for ever 2 shares of uacn.

SUMMARY
THEREFORE, FOR EVERY TWO SHARES OF UACN THAT SHAREHOLDER HAD THEY WILL RECEIVE ONE UNIT OF 10 NAIRA EACH OF UPDCREIT AND TWELVE SHARES OF UPDC AS BONUS SHARES.

OGA YOUR HEAD IS CORRECT. grin cheesy

I have already made UACN the 65 % of my portfolio, hoping to add more before the unbundlings finally take place in July.

We are making alot of money this year. grin grin grin

Welcome OGG we truely missed you alot
Have you seen the above analysis on UACN,
I hope you are still on board?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:16am On May 27, 2020
TraDeRR:
any hope for transcorp?

This year is a year of greater challenge for transcorp.Decline in revenue,decline in profit and of course reconstruction of 10 for 1 is the way out.

Of course Tony knows this very well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 10:19am On May 27, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Wrong sir. 2001 was still FX. What happened was they did something called pesofication and created a kinda fixed market rate between dollar and peso.

When they defaulted it backfired and the government freezed people’s accounts, to stop them from withdrawing peso.

You can Google what currency they defaulted in 2001, it was definitely not Peso.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 10:19am On May 27, 2020
GSK shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:22am On May 27, 2020
Is caverton loosing another 10% today?
Well,this is a good jijo stock.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 10:22am On May 27, 2020
TraDeRR:
Good morning madam. Chai I’m not doing great oo.. COVID m'a baisé à gauche, à droite et au centre! I’m ready to tell 2020 good bye

It's well! Which language is that?, guess it's French.

2020 is still pregnant with double portions for us all, pls don't let the present Covid situation to discourage you, it shall end in praise!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 10:23am On May 27, 2020
locodemy:

This year is a year of greater challenge for transcorp.Decline in revenue,decline in profit and of course reconstruction of 10 for 1 is the way out.

Of course Tony knows this very well.

10 for 1 ? Ok
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 10:24am On May 27, 2020
anjilgreat:

It's well! Which language is that?, guess it's French.

2020 is still pregnant with double portions for us all, pls don't let the present Covid situation to discourage you, it shall end in praise!

Amen

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 10:25am On May 27, 2020
locodemy:

Those who do jijo on one stock do their DD very well and they use technicals to trade......that means 90% assurance it will deliver.

smiley The market is for all comers my dear.

You may be making little, little money with that strategy, but keep reading your Blood pressure as you go on.

Note that those who are juggernauts in this field/market, the gurus and veterans do not transact that way

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dileem: 10:34am On May 27, 2020
Awon Elders,
Kindly share thoughts on AfricanPrudence AFRIPRUD I would like to buy for jijo�
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:35am On May 27, 2020
locodemy:

Will you do JIJO on a stock @ 10%, when the stock can give you 50% - 60 % in three months?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 10:36am On May 27, 2020
Please who has Morgan capital active phone number. How can a payment made since Friday morning not credited to my account up to this moment. Have sent them mail which was acknowledged by Mrs Esther yet nothing. Haba
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 10:38am On May 27, 2020
Krisuba:
Please who has Morgan capital active phone number. How can a payment made since Friday morning not credited to my account up to this moment. Have sent them mail which was acknowledged by Mrs Esther yet nothing. Haba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by handsomebolanle: 10:39am On May 27, 2020
locodemy:
Is caverton loosing another 10% today?
Well,this is a good jijo stock.

5.71M offers
0 Bid

Oopss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 10:41am On May 27, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Will you do JIJO on a stock @ 10%, when the stock can give you 50% - 60 % in three months?

smiley he was able to analyze 10%

Not knowing there's equally an opportunity of 50% somewhere else

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:42am On May 27, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

I must know the type of stock that can do that.fidson is currently doing that now though I have splitted it into two for wapco.

10% is the main Target but can do 50/ more % if technicals support it.

Wapco exit for technical buyers is 15.10 from the current price

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 10:42am On May 27, 2020
talk2me2:
Guy I from the very moment I saw this your post I quickly moved into research about UACN. Here are my findings:

UACN has 2,881,296,580 ordinary shares of 50k each.
UPDC has 18.462billion ordinary shares of 50k each after the right issue.
Accordig to reuters.com UACN now own 93.9% or 17.34 billion shares of UPDC. When UACN unbundles UPDC, the 17.34B shares will be alloted pro rata to the shareholders of uacn i.e 17.34b ÷ 2.88b = 6 shares of updc for 1 share of uacn held.

In addition, UPDCREIT has 2,668,269,500 units of N10 each.
UPDC own 61.5 % or 1,640,985,742 units of UPDCREIT.
And uacn own 93.9% or 1,540,885,611 units of updcreit.
the pro rata means 1.54b ÷ 2.88b = 0.53 unit for 1 share of uacn held. Now let's multiply 0.53 by 2 = 1.06 or 1 unit of updcreit for ever 2 shares of uacn.

SUMMARY
THEREFORE, FOR EVERY TWO SHARES OF UACN THAT SHAREHOLDER HAD THEY WILL RECEIVE ONE UNIT OF 10 NAIRA EACH OF UPDCREIT AND TWELVE SHARES OF UPDC AS BONUS SHARES.

OGA YOUR HEAD IS CORRECT. grin cheesy

I have already made UACN the 65 % of my portfolio, hoping to add more before the unbundlings finally take place in July.

We are making alot of money this year. grin grin grin

Uchetoba:
Welcome OGG we truely missed you alot
Have you seen the above analysis on UACN,
I hope you are still on board?
Base on the current price of UACN 8.35,
2 shares of UACN = 16.70 + 2% max commission = 17.03.

12 shares of updc = 9.60
1 unit of updcreit = 3.50
9.60 + 3.50 = 13.10

If we minus that from 17.03 - 13.10 = 3.93

Now divide 3.93 ÷ 2 = 1.97

So after the unbundling, the cost price of your uacn per share will be 1.97

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 10:43am On May 27, 2020
... just like what dangcem is doing this morning
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 10:43am On May 27, 2020
anjilgreat:

This is the number on their trading platform. Not going through!! Even saying number does not exist!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:44am On May 27, 2020
handsomebolanle:

5.71M offers
0 Bid

Oopss

Technicals speaking at 1.97 for 10% jijoists

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 10:44am On May 27, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

If he can get that 10% let him bank it.. the one wey Dey your bank account na hin sure..Transcorp did over +15% from my entry but held hoping the so-called power deal will go through ... weytin TraDeRR portfolio dey go through today, na only God fit save her.

F.U. C.K !!! I’m screwed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:46am On May 27, 2020
Who dey chase my stock run go up like this cheesy cheesy cheesy
Hope my village people wont say I do blood money. Chai.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 10:48am On May 27, 2020
UBA climbing the ladder gradually for weeks now.
Likely to change gear today.
Full bid highly possible. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5698) (5699) (5700) (5701) (5702) (5703) (5704) ... (7751) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: thebargainhunte, Boshins, Mpeace(m), Nafseni, Megapower, 1jboi, dapix, chillykelly86(m), dammybrite, modupeshow, OBAGADAFFI and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.