Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10876152 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5716) (5717) (5718) (5719) (5720) (5721) (5722) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 1:39pm On May 29, 2020
Mcy56:

Madam pls stop replying Loco.
It's not him, it's Origin mixed with Alomo bitters talking. He's drunk. grin

grin grin grin I've been preaching to loco for decades for avoid mixcogbuo grin

cc, oracle grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 1:44pm On May 29, 2020
locodemy:

Let me go and sleep.i don drink too much today.

grin grin grin ... Let sniper log in first

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lmm4real: 1:46pm On May 29, 2020
So with all the bonus and divided JBerger no touch #30.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:46pm On May 29, 2020
Mcy56:
Fbnh back to 5.50.....
Fbnh done with pullback.....too early to conclude? We wait and see....
Did anyone see that 30M single crossing? shocked

I am patiently awaiting FBNH at 5, FCMB at 1.76, and possibly, GTB at 22.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 29, 2020
veecovee:

grin grin grin I've been preaching to loco for decades for avoid mixcogbuo grin

cc, oracle grin

Na so ooo.

Even in those days I was doing boy boy at Obafemi awolowo Rd ikeja,my oga never taught me everything.Thers are things I learnt on my own when I opened my first computer shop at otigba ikeja computer village.

I will continue with my drink hence I am following the real technicals.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by klas(m): 1:50pm On May 29, 2020
sellydion:
Please check trade and other payables same page 54. Probably it could help.

That is unpaid balance of previous dividend.
You can see that the figure is less than N2b, whereas the dividend deducted from retained earnings is over N13b
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinssan(m): 1:54pm On May 29, 2020
Mcy56:
Fbnh back to 5.50.....
Fbnh done with pullback.....too early to conclude? We wait and see....
Did anyone see that 30M single crossing? shocked

You right, profit-taking pullback,
Prices greater than EMA (8 or 10 days) cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 29, 2020
Those of you eyeing fcmb like loco.Buying @ 1.80-1.83 will sustain you even if the wind blows next week.

Good luck if you have patience till this point.A very strong reversal is here that can push you upwards if gtb and zenith can do more upswing.

Not every oga will tell you this rather they will tell you to wait for 10% @1.90.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dfavouredone: 2:04pm On May 29, 2020
You can't really help people who you don't know where they coming from.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 2:07pm On May 29, 2020
So this year dividend if any is in a silent mode grin

klas:

You can see that the figure is less than N2b, whereas the dividend deducted from retained earnings is over N13b
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 2:08pm On May 29, 2020
locodemy:

Na so ooo.

Even in those days I was doing boy boy at Obafemi awolowo Rd ikeja,my oga never taught me everything.Thers are things I learnt on my own when I opened my first computer shop at otigba ikeja computer village.

I will continue with my drink hence I am following the real technicals.

... continue with drinks? grin grin grin

Chaiii !!

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by billtommy(m): 2:08pm On May 29, 2020
Mcy56:

Well said Sir OGG!
The guy was able to enter some good stocks lower but was quick to jump out. smiley

cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 2:09pm On May 29, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Bro relax. Loco is sharing his opinion.

You guys are lucky that Nosa is not here. grin grin

Yes my boss. I rest the case here. I reacted in that manner because he attacked the message and also the messenger. Nobody said one should not express his contrary opinion but with decorum and not inputting sinister intent without a cogent evidence

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 2:13pm On May 29, 2020
Thanks for the clarification on my initial post
klas:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 2:15pm On May 29, 2020
dinyelutochukwu:

I think we should refrain from hauling abuses at those who share opinions that are contrary to ours.
Oracle, whose reputation was questioned didn't even take it to heart.
One of my guiding principles in life is results. Results are the best measurement of human progress. Not conversation. Not explanation. Not justification. Results.

Yes boss! I didn't release the expletives because he expressed a contrary view regarding the market BUT because of the well coded negative inputs to somebody's person. Peruse through that his original post again, you will get a more clearer picture of why I reacted in a such way

But anyways, thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 2:15pm On May 29, 2020
Well they said they approved one o at the board meeting cheesy cheesy, just wondering why it is not stated clearly in the financials
sellydion:
So this year dividend if any is in a silent mode grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinssan(m): 2:16pm On May 29, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Where in Lagos mainland? What is the expected rental income from the property?

Ikotun, Iyana Iba, Ikorodu, Ayobo etc are not Lagos mainland, they are Lagos Upperland

See Pa Emma flooring our area?
there is God oooo. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 2:19pm On May 29, 2020
Zenith coming back to Zaddy.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 2:19pm On May 29, 2020
locodemy:

It was yesterday I raised an alarm concerning this market.I saw the technicals.will I because I told you fidson will sell for 4 and forgdt to do a review?

One day technical or what? Technicals that market with fall today and rise on Monday abi?
Abeg go learn more. I like you though.
Please attack the message but not the messenger.
One love

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:28pm On May 29, 2020
Dfavouredone:
Dear Fellow Investor,

At this time of low rate, one is looking for an alternative investment with a good rate and this is what I found.

Returns Market Investment Nigeria Limited (RC: 1621572), they promised 10% ROI monthly for 300k minimum investment.

Their claim is too good to be true, so I brought it here for fellow investors to help look into it to see if this will not turn to another MMM.

Below is their site to use check them out, let evaluate them to see if this is a big breakthrough to be happy about or a bubble that will soon burst to run from.

https://returnsinvestmentnigerialimited.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Returnsinvestmentnigerialimited/

Another thing is, I message them online that this their claim of 10% ROI monthly is too good to be true and that how secure is the capital and I hope this will not be like MMM where people lost their capital after some time. And this is was their response, "There is 100% security of every capital invested with us we are registered firm and also regulated by Security Exchange Commission SEC".

Is this their response enough security and guarantee for our hard earn capital?
Fellow investors lets discuss this opportunity and see the pros and cons.

What is the name of the fund manager? What name did the fund manager use in registering this products with SEC? Can you share the acknowledged monthly report of this fund as received by SEC ?
Who are the Trustees of this fund?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Breadfruit: 2:30pm On May 29, 2020
onegentleguy:

I sometimes enjoy @ meshpips. ...because he makes me laugh. grin grin

Don't worry, Mr TIME has a way of resetting peoples way of thinking !! wink cheesy grin
I am still on AIICO.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:35pm On May 29, 2020
onegentleguy:

The mistake u made was adding up the div and bonus before deducting from the equity price.
So u are among those who jump off the window when maths lessons are thought back in school days. wink cheesy grin

I believe the intent is to find out what would be the equity price of JULIUS BERGER on mark down date.
...a brief;
Where a coy declares a bonus plus dividend, simply use this formula to compute the mark down price;
Mark down price(Mp)= Pbm- [Pbm[Br/(Br+1) + Dd]
Where only a bonus was declared, use the formula Mp=Pbm - [Pbm[Br/(Br+1)], and if its only a divided, simply use
Mp=Pbm- Dd.
...Where Pbm is the mark down price, Br is the Bonus ratio while Dd is the Dividend declared.

So in this case, we'll use the 1st formula(Mp= Pbm- [Pbm[Br/(Br+1) + Dd])

With the JB example, the coy closed on Friday @ N27.2, and if we assume that Wednesday is the mark down date, Pbm= 27.2, Br= 1/5 while Dd= 2.
...and using the formula above, Mark down price Mp= 27.2- [27.2[1/5÷(1/5+1)] +2]= 27.2 - [27.2(1/5÷6/5)] + 2]= 27.2 - 27.2[(1/5×5/6) +2]... which simplifies as 27.2 - [(~4.5) +2]= N20.7(rounded off)
So on a N2 div and 1 for 5 bonus issue, mark down price @ N27.2/share of JB will be approx 20.7(and not N21)

For emphasis, just substitute the closing price of the said stock(ie JB) on the qualification date or previous mkt closing price before markdown(Pbm) in the formula above to get the Mark down price !!
For clarity, a N30 closing price on the qualification/pre mark down date should give a N23 price after mark down.
...anyone who sees confusion in the mix can do a check by inputting any figure using the new modified formula.

For details of how the formula was derived, refer to my past post above for clues.

NOTE: EDITED.
cc: MishdaFish
onegentleguy:

Ok let me give a fine example...
Let's use a company that declared both a bonus and dividend in the past, since that's what fits in.
For the 2018 calendar year, VITAFOAM declared a 25k dividend and a bonus of 1 for 5.
Qualification date at the time was 15th Feb, 2019 while CDR(closure date of register) was 18-22 of Feb, 2019.
VITAFOAM closed on Friday 15th of Feb, 2019 @ N4.78. ...and opened after mark down on the 18th of Feb, 2019 @ N3.78 (17th & 18th of Feb was a Saturday and Sunday)
So Mark down price was N3.78

Now let's extrapolate with these figures to see if we'll arrive at the same 3.78 mark down price...
Using my formula; Mark down price(Mp)= Pbm- [Pbm[Br/(Br+1) + Dd]
Pbm= N4.78, Dd= 25k and Br= 1/5
And substituting figures, Mp= 4.78- [4.78 [1/5(1/5+1)] + 0.25]= 4.78- [4.78 [1/5(5/6))] + 0.25]= 4.78- [4.78(1/6) + 0.25]= 4.78- [~1.0467]= 4.78-1= N3.78. ...and that was exactly the opening price of VITAFOAM on the mark down date(18th Feb, 2019)

Note how the 1.0467 figure was approximated to 1. Coys can't pay u in "decimal figures". Again, equities are traded in Naira and KOBO and since 0.0467 is less than 1kobo, that 1.0467 figure has to be rounded off to 1.
If u understand the formula, u'll know that its just the price of a stock before mark down/qualification date(the 1st Pbm part) deducted from the summation of the bonus ratio(the Pbm[Br/(Br+1) part) and dividend declared(the Dd part), which gives u Mark down price(Mp)= Pbm- [Pbm[Br/(Br+1) + Dd]
I simply used a combination of logic, variation and basic algebra to derive it.

Friday May 29th is the qualification date for JULIUS BERGER, so I'll do this again using the closing mkt price on that day. (Monday June 1st is the mark down date)
The formula is absolutely correct. Just ensure u note how each symbol are put in the brackets and do ur computation well. ...and dont forget to also respect Mr BODMAS !! wink cheesy grin
Still in doubt?
U can pm me for a side bet of any amount... let me use ur money to take Nkwobi and a bottle of non-acoholic wine. wink cheesy grin

Selah

As promised, let me add more credence to the accuracy of the formula above.
Today is the qualification date(pre mark down date) of JULIUS BERGER and the coy closed @ N27.50

To derive the mark down price, simply substitute the N27.20 price used in the illustration above(upper post) with today's closing price of N27.50.
When u do the maths, u 'll arrive at a Mark down price(Mp) that's approximately N20.90
i.e. Mark down price(Mp)= Pbm- [Pbm[Br/(Br+1) + Dd]
So Mp= 27.5- [27.5[1/5÷(1/5+1)] +2]= 27.5 - [27.5(1/5÷6/5)] + 2]= 27.5 - 27.5[(1/5×5/6) +2]= 27.5- [27.5(1/6) +2]... which simplifies as 27.5- [(~4.58) +2]= approx N20.92
Which ordinarily would be N20.90 as mark down price given that JB is a category B stock.(quoted price band must range at +/-5k or N0.05)

However, because there is a high fractional shares as seen from the bonus part of the formula(Pbm[Br/(Br+1)), we will have to assume a range.
In retrospect that bonus part which is approx 4.58 connotes an over 0.58 in fractional shares, so the coys registrar will have to assume a peg in line with the company's previous OS.
A lot will depend on whether they decide to round up or round off that fraction. If they round up, that 4.58 will be 4.6 or 5. ...and if they round off, it would be 4.6 or 4.
Either way, the answer will range somewhere btw N20.50 and 21.50

Hence, Mark down price for JB given the 1 for 5 bonus plus a N2 dividend at N27.50 will be btw N20.5 and N21.50
...so I expect JULIUS BERGER to open for trading on Monday @ a price within that range.

cc: @ MishdaFish, rebakah and Krusiba
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 29, 2020
Marketapprentic:

Yes my boss. I rest the case here. I reacted in that manner because he attacked the message and also the messenger. Nobody said one should not express his contrary opinion but with decorum and not inputting sinister intent without a cogent evidence

Thanks bro.

No mind Loco.

The market is in the uptrend.

Those who bought since March should tell Loco the percentage they are sitting on.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 2:41pm On May 29, 2020
fxuser:

- the joy of seeing price moving away from your entry and the discomfort of watching price come back to your entry are both distractions to your plan (if u had one in the first place)

- stay calm , don't be distracted

E Ku Mkt

cool

I like your motto: #calmdown
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dfavouredone: 2:46pm On May 29, 2020
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:51pm On May 29, 2020
Dfavouredone:

These are useful questions you ve asked but I don't have an answer to any. I am also trying to know more about them that is why I posted them here. Any answer you can provide yourself will be appreciated. Their site and page are in my previous post.

The investment smells like a scam, I wish you all the best

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 29, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Thanks bro.

No mind Loco.

The market is in the uptrend.

Those who bought since March should tell Loco the percentage they are sitting on.

Oga onifa,you should know better nah.I have been making my 10% even before match till now.if I tell you the % I have made this year even when you started telling us to prepare for 10 10%.Some people have been there since March till date.

I have done jijo on zenith, wapco,fcmb,Afripfud,ucap,mbaker, neimeth, fidson etc severally this year alone and the last one is fidson which I exited at almost 55% and still counting.

In your presence I will enter fcmb and exit again peacefully and you will continue counting on March entry.

My oga,this jijo is now my twin brother and I will misunderstand you going forward hence I can prove jijo goes no error at my end since I started trading online without broker.Gone are those days I relied on advice to invest.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:52pm On May 29, 2020
How far can ACCESS BANK go? I got in today at 7.15... Any hope for capital appreciation anytime soon?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:54pm On May 29, 2020
locodemy:

Oga onifa,you should know better nah.I have been making my 10% even before match till now.if I tell you the % I have made this year even when you started telling us to prepare for 10 10%.Some people have been there since March till date.

I have done jijo on zenith, wapco,fcmb,Afripfud,ucap,mbaker, neimeth, fidson etc severally this year alone and the last one is fidson which I exited at almost 55% and still counting.

In your presence I will enter fcmb and exit again peacefully and you will continue counting on March entry.

My oga,this jijo is now my twin brother and I will misunderstand you going forward hence I can prove jijo goes no error at my end since I started trading online without broker.Gone are those days I relied on advice to invest.
Are you an INDEPENDENT trader?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 29, 2020
megawealth01:
How far can ACCESS BANK go? I got in today at 7.15... Any hope for capital appreciation anytime soon?

Ask onifa.My own is to pick 10% on top your head if onifa people(fed/fpi) refuse to pledge full support.

I would have like you to go into June with 100% cash in case......

(1) (2) (3) ... (5716) (5717) (5718) (5719) (5720) (5721) (5722) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: edwardaigb, Obinkita(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.