Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,489 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5722) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10877769 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5719) (5720) (5721) (5722) (5723) (5724) (5725) ... (7751) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by billtommy(m): 5:26pm On May 29, 2020
Mcy56:

You jumped out of UBA and other ones too quickly and threw money away in the process but no need to feel bad, i blvd you still made something on them regardless.

I agreed with Sir OGG that its somehow difficult to advice on what to buy now, prices have jumped up...... however, there's pullback ongoing, maybe you just keep monitoring market to know when major reversal will occur.

Thsnk you mcy. I'm observing closely

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:28pm On May 29, 2020
GonFreecss1:

Very important questions.

10% every month? - hahahahaha. I am too sceptical.

10 million will give me 1 million every month? I go just quit my job. I no go read again sef. grin

It sure would be a scam !!
The "quit my job" part was very funny though. wink cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 5:33pm On May 29, 2020
Dfavouredone:
Dear Fellow Investor,

At this time of low rate, one is looking for an alternative investment with a good rate and this is what I found.

Returns Market Investment Nigeria Limited (RC: 1621572), they promised 10% ROI monthly for 300k minimum investment.

Their claim is too good to be true, so I brought it here for fellow investors to help look into it to see if this will not turn to another MMM.

Below is their site to use check them out, let evaluate them to see if this is a big breakthrough to be happy about or a bubble that will soon burst to run from.

https://returnsinvestmentnigerialimited.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Returnsinvestmentnigerialimited/

Another thing is, I message them online that this their claim of 10% ROI monthly is too good to be true and that how secure is the capital and I hope this will not be like MMM where people lost their capital after some time. And this is was their response, "There is 100% security of every capital invested with us we are registered firm and also regulated by Security Exchange Commission SEC".

Is this their response enough security and guarantee for our hard earn capital?
Fellow investors lets discuss this opportunity and see the pros and cons.

Stop spamming Investment threads looking for who to scam. Do not let me report you for a ban ooo. You posted this same thing on treasury thread and you were told to how to verify a genuine Investment. You still came here still to lure people there.

Oga Emmanuelewunmi has tried in answering you sef. I can assure you that you will not get any traffic to that thread. You will also not see anyone foolish here to dupe.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 5:45pm On May 29, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

So in your own analysis, you see June 2020 as having a fall towards March low. grin grin

Kai, I don suffer.

June that is wickedly bullish. There is nothing someone will not see on this Nairaland.

Person no japa since, na June the person wan japa?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 5:46pm On May 29, 2020
Good evening house. Please I need some clarification. I sold my JB on the 28th and today I received a mail from the registrar stating my invite to the AGM... bla bla bla..
Is that a pointer to the fact that I'm shortlisted for div payments knowing that 29th was qualification date? Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 5:48pm On May 29, 2020
onegentleguy:

It sure would be a scam !!
The "quit my job" part was very funny though. wink cheesy grin

Hahahaha! What else will man do?

But yep! It’s most definitely a scam. Most people here don’t give a Bleep and won’t even look at it twice.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MishdaFish: 5:53pm On May 29, 2020
rebekah2011:
Closed at N27.5 today, it will open on Monday at N21.25
I have strong feeling that would be the price on Monday morning.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 6:09pm On May 29, 2020
Spanish La Liga to resume June 11.
English Premier League to resume June 17.

Inter state flight will start June in Nigeria.

Normalcy is back.

Money will chase equities. Uptrend is on.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:15pm On May 29, 2020
onegentleguy:

As promised, let me add more credence to the accuracy of the formula above.
Today is the qualification date(pre mark down date) of JULIUS BERGER and the coy closed @ N27.50

To derive the mark down price, simply substitute the N27.20 price used in the illustration above(upper post) with today's closing price of N27.50.
When u do the maths, u 'll arrive at a Mark down price(Mp) that's approximately N20.90
i.e. Mark down price(Mp)= Pbm- [Pbm[Br/(Br+1) + Dd]
So Mp= 27.5- [27.5[1/5÷(1/5+1)] +2]= 27.5 - [27.5(1/5÷6/5)] + 2]= 27.5 - 27.5[(1/5×5/6) +2]= 27.5- [27.5(1/6) +2]... which simplifies as 27.5- [(~4.58) +2]= approx N20.92
Which ordinarily would be N20.90 as mark down price given that JB is a category B stock.(quoted price band must range at +/-5k or N0.05)

However, because there is a high fractional shares as seen from the bonus part of the formula(Pbm[Br/(Br+1)), we will have to assume a range.
In retrospect that bonus part which is approx 4.58 connotes an over 0.58 in fractional shares, so the coys registrar will have to assume a peg in line with the company's previous OS.
A lot will depend on whether they decide to round up or round off that fraction. If they round up, that 4.58 will be 4.6 or 5. ...and if they round off, it would be 4.6 or 4.

Either way, the answer will range somewhere btw N20.50 and 21.50

Hence, Mark down price for JB given the 1 for 5 bonus plus a N2 dividend at N27.50 will be btw N20.5 and N21.50
...so I expect JULIUS BERGER to open for trading on Monday @ a price within that range.

cc: @ MishdaFish, rebakah and Krusiba

Hello folks, a top registrar official just chated me to inform that the part I highlighted in bold is usually no longer considered when adjusting for price on mark down date.(this place has some big people oo) wink cheesy grin

This has now informed the need for me to further simplify the formula above as;
Mark down(Mp)= (Pbm-Dd)/(1-1/Br)
...where Pbm as always, is the coys price before mark down, Dd the dividend declared, while Br is the bonus ratio.

While the 1st formula is also accurate, there might be intricacies with deriving the final answer especially where the closing price of the stock before mark down(i.e on qualification date) is a value in fraction(i.e 26.7, 30.4, 10.5 and todays N27.5 closing price of JB etc)

And using this formula, Mp= (Pbm-Dd)/(1-1/Br), where Pbm= 27.5, Dd= 2 and Br=1/5.
Therefore, Mp= (27.5-2)/(1-1/5)= 25.5÷6/5= 25.5×5/6(math rule of inverse reciprocal)
So Mp= 25.5x5/6= 21.25.
Hence, JB should open on Monday @ N21.25 following the discount(markdown) for bonus and dividend.
Pls take note and be guided accordingly.

Selah.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 6:20pm On May 29, 2020
Stocks with new 52 week highs
Neimeth #1.13k
Bua #42.00k

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 6:28pm On May 29, 2020
debeey87:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/30231_DANGOTE_SUGAR_REFINERY_PLC_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MAY_2020.pdf

N1.10

Qualification date: June 19.

And somebody panic sold today to depress the price without reading the financials properly. That's why it's good to get accurate info before taking decision.

We go join the June bull reach the promise land.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:31pm On May 29, 2020
wink cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:32pm On May 29, 2020
onegentleguy:

Hello folks, a top registrar official just chated me to inform that the parts I highlighted in bold is usually no longer considered when adjusting for price on mark down date.(this place has some big people oo) wink cheesy grin

This has now informed the need for me to further simplify the formula above as;
Mark down(Mp)= (Pbm-Dd)/(1-1/Br)
...where Pbm as always, is the coys price before mark down, Dd the dividend declared and Br the bonus ratio.

While the 1st formula is also accurate, there might be intricacies with deriving the final answer especially where the closing price of the stock before mark down(i.e on qualification date) is a value in fraction(i.e 26.7, 30.4, 10.5 and todays N27.5 closing price of JB etc)

And using this formula, Mp= (Pbm-Dd)/(1-1/Br), where Pbm= 27.5, Dd= 2 and Br=1/5.
Therefore, Mp= (27.5-2)/(1-1/5)= 25.5÷6/5= 25.5×5/6(math rule of inverse reciprocal)
So Mp= 25.5x5/6= 21.25.
Hence, JB should open on Monday @ N21.25 following the discount(markdown) for bonus and dividend.

Selah.
sellydion:
N21.25 is the ideal price for it to open,

however OGG has another price ( fingers crossed) grin

Not really.
I had to further dymisify the initial formula to arrive at a new one after a chat with a top registrar official.(see post above)
...so @ rebakah's estimate on JB is also correct !!

Note however that the previous formula is also accurate. But like I said, it might be more complex for folks to derive a finite answer if the closing price before markdown(on qualification date) is a fraction(in decimal).

Bottom line: Both formula' can be used, but for simplicity, use the new one above.

Selah

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:50pm On May 29, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

So in your own analysis, you see June 2020 as having a fall towards March low. grin grin

Kai, I don suffer.

June that is wickedly bullish. There is nothing someone will not see on this Nairaland.

...now that's the problem !! The part in bold is what he is seeing. It's funny how a TA person would be seeing evidences of a retrogression where there is a progression.

That last part though is why I said I sometimes laugh over his assertion. wink cheesy grin
Dude is good. But he needs to refine that his VAP model.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MishdaFish: 6:50pm On May 29, 2020
So Mp= 25.5x5/6= 21.25.

Selah.[/quote]
Thank you sir for the guidance, the formula you worked finally would be use for educational purposes. I have benefitted from you immensely. Thanks @rebekah also! I took a decision this afternoon not to participate in the dividend, hence sold at 27.45, would re-enter at a later date.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 7:01pm On May 29, 2020
Intendy:
Stocks with new 52 week highs

Neimeth #1.13k

Bua #42.00k

NEIMETH has now returned approx 200% gain from the time we called it out here @ 38k !! cool
...yet it appears unready to "rest on its laurel".

We think that a 230 to 279% gain is feasible in the near term.
However, all those in might gradually consider booking their profit in line with their investment personality, horizon and goal.

It is well.

cc: @ OBAGADAFFI, Chibjohn, Charlesnipy and others.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 7:02pm On May 29, 2020
Dfavouredone:

So you think...

Of course.... Or are you getting positive feedback? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dfavouredone: 7:03pm On May 29, 2020
Service is the pathway to everything you need in life and service is your life signature in time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 7:16pm On May 29, 2020
Dfavouredone:

I don suffer on top question I'm trying to reason. Me, looking for who to scam?

To be honest eh, I'm a very humble person and I don't like showing myself because of how far God has brought me. But you that is taking about scam people, I'm not sure you earn as much as I used to do give away just this month, is that the person someone will scam.

If you fail to report eh, shame on you.

I am not in competition with anybody. It may be true that I may not even earn what your servants earn. That does not disturb me in anyway.

What disturbs me is why a very rich man like you will want to lure other people to a corner where you can trickishly obtain from them under pretence of introducing Investment to them.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 7:16pm On May 29, 2020
Mcy56:
@Peterichy
Caverton was up with 18kobo today to close at 2.58.
About 7M bids chasing 1M offers or thereabout.
Hope you and those bad-mouthing the stock were able to pick some units at 2.35 or you're still waiting at N1 junction. tongue
Like I said, Mr. Market will do what Mr. Market will do. wink

So the Management is also doing same with their business guidance? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 7:19pm On May 29, 2020
I still have some Caverton that I bought at N1.78, but I still say N2 and below is only separated by time!... angry
Can't deceive myself.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 7:21pm On May 29, 2020
This new rule of stamp duty on receipt of any type of fund alert......Frequent traders should update us o!!!!! I have removed all forms of sms alert on my acct cos y should a bank wish me happy birthday and charge me for it.....I tot I have escaped this form of charge now we have stamp duty on email alert
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dfavouredone: 7:31pm On May 29, 2020
I'm the favoured one.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 7:40pm On May 29, 2020
Good evening my people.

The week was a good one, stock wise. I do hope you all traded appropriately.

While it would be intellectually relieving to assume that we all have common interests, may I unapologetically state that not all posts here are worth your time. Some post are mischievous, phishing and deliberately misleading. Some are crafted to ride on the sentiment of the momemt with underlying intent to deceive. Also, some are righteously informative.

Please, always do your due diligence. You can not be too careful in this matter.

May you all have a great evening and happy weekend.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 7:42pm On May 29, 2020
PharmAlfred:
Spanish La Liga to resume June 11.
English Premier League to resume June 17.

Inter state flight will start June in Nigeria.

Normalcy is back.

Money will chase equities. Uptrend is on.

Maybe, just maybe, Nigeria might escape going into a recession afterall.

Given the drawback from the month of April and May, Q2 GDP will almost certainly be poor, but Q3 may likely peg higher than Q2(but lower than Q1). ...and all things been equal, ride on another inflection point to growth off from Q2(albiet slowly)
This might help dislocate a back to back run in negative Nos.

The month of June ends Q2. Would be nice to see what the PMI will highlight for June following the strain witnessed in the last 2 months.
Should there be a reversal on certain key derivatives in the PMI in June and it is maintained in July, then that would be some good start.
More importantly, if our reserve peg stays above current level(the offshot of oil prices hovering above benchmark), CoG pruned, and the border is reopened, then maybe the country can escape a recession.

That part in bold is where the problem will lie !!
Only if our leaders can take certain decisions. Some policy decisions ought to have been taken ealier.(particularly on the fiscal side)
But Nigeria is never a serious place. ...it's just a portfolio country !!

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 8:09pm On May 29, 2020
DeRuggedProf:
Oracle threw a challenge here that had far reaching implications.
He summarized by coming out boldly to say he will STATE THE TIMEFRAME for the realisation if the projected prices.. grin

Think deep about this.

When will Guiness hit N15? undecided

I have the feeling that Guinness will still go lower too.
What magic will they do in q4?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:30pm On May 29, 2020
locodemy:

Oga onifa,you should know better nah.I have been making my 10% even before match till now.if I tell you the % I have made this year even when you started telling us to prepare for 10 10%.Some people have been there since March till date.

I have done jijo on zenith, wapco,fcmb,Afripfud,ucap,mbaker, neimeth, fidson etc severally this year alone and the last one is fidson which I exited at almost 55% and still counting.

In your presence I will enter fcmb and exit again peacefully and you will continue counting on March entry.

My oga,this jijo is now my twin brother and I will misunderstand you going forward hence I can prove jijo goes no error at my end since I started trading online without broker.Gone are those days I relied on advice to invest.

Hope you check your BP as you jijo

Think of future, if the Lord tarries to come, will you live long to enjoy ur jijo money?

Alcohol even worsen BP

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sophy17(m): 8:46pm On May 29, 2020
Nahco 2019 year end result is finally out!!!
.30k dividend declared.

Hmm people saw this result before close of trade hence last minute rush for it today.

Many shits happens while some are busy analysing!!!

Naija we hail thee.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:52pm On May 29, 2020
DeRuggedProf:
I still have some Caverton that I bought at N1.78, but I still say N2 and below is only separated by time!... angry
Can't deceive myself.

Prof, Caverton plc poo and vomitus are usually scanty
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:00pm On May 29, 2020
sophy17:
Nahco 2019 year end result is finally out!!!
.30k dividend declared.

Hmm people saw this result before close of trade hence last minute rush for it today.

Many shits happens while some are busy analysing!!!

Naija we hail thee.

Source?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 9:03pm On May 29, 2020
onegentleguy:

Chai God !!
NEIMETH has now returned approx 200% gain from the time we called it out here @ 38k !! cool
...yet it appears unready not "rest on its laurel".

We think that a 230 to 279% gain is feasible in the near term.
However, all those in might gradually consider booking their profit in line with their investment personality, horizon and goal.

It is well.

cc: @ OBAGADAFFI, Chibjohn, Charlesnipy and others.

Chief,
Please what is your opinion on GSK?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5719) (5720) (5721) (5722) (5723) (5724) (5725) ... (7751) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SA44LA44(m), Boshins, Streetinvestor2, ojesymsym, beejay1(m), defebe, Krisuba, mails4funshi(m), chuksnnaemeka, Pete002, kdaddy, TsarZed, realking(m), IamR, unite4real, dammybrite, Locotrader(m), ositadima1(m), essentialone(m), DUNKA(m), Megapower, lancee(m) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.