Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5870) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10851144 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5867) (5868) (5869) (5870) (5871) (5872) (5873) ... (7742) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 10:20pm On Jul 14, 2020
megawealth01:
Is it no longer 2.20pm?

That's when, as a normal investor, you can no longer make changes to pending orders nor initiate a new one.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:24pm On Jul 14, 2020
RabbiDoracle:
grin grin grin
Ekuu closing
gabscity:
It's simple, we have a market mover!
These responses got me lmao. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2020
UACN AGM:
Wednesday July 15, 2020
Time: 10.00am prompt.
Attendance by proxy.
Meeting will be streamed live on YouTube and company website.

Awaiting the outcome. It's well. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2conquer: 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2020
Can someone please put me through stocks?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2020
phoinix:
I hope this is not just sour grapes.
I though market closed 2:30 pm.
grin grin grin
The delay should be from that Coy's website and not from NSE.
Market closes at 2.30pm.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2020
IYGEAL:

That's when, as a normal investor, you can no longer make changes to pending orders nor initiate a new one.
You can actually make changes to pending orders within the last 10 minutes but can't initiate new ones.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LegitBitcoinBuy(m): 10:39pm On Jul 14, 2020
Greetings to all the bosses here.

I want to start trading stocks but as a young new investor I intend to start small and grow with experience and practice.

However I need a bit of help in determining the stockbroker firm to use since I’m starting small.

I did some research myself and I came up with two firms;

- Chapel hill denham
-Morgan Capital securities

However I need advice from the experienced ones here to decide which one to go for or if you know any other firm that’s better than this two for small investors.

My major concern is sustainability I want a firm that will not close up in the nearest future and have me running around.

I await your kind responses.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichEstate(m): 11:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
If this bros could just help us move Japaul to d North so that people trapped in that lion's den could escape. grin celebrate your little wins jare.

Thank you all for the knowledge you are pouring into us and showing direction during this 'blood bath at lobster Close' everywhere is red grin shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SirBen90: 11:47pm On Jul 14, 2020
Awon movers and shakers grin. Domo o

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2020
Mcy56:
UACN AGM:
Wednesday July 15, 2020
Time: 10.00am prompt.
Attendance by proxy.
Meeting will be streamed live on YouTube and company website.

Awaiting the outcome. It's well. tongue

Is thiis what will catapult it to km 14?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 15, 2020
Hmm..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onyeomanono24(f): 2:46am On Jul 15, 2020
Please when is d best time to buy shares and which firm is more profitable?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BrokerHaruna: 3:08am On Jul 15, 2020
The banks have been shaken severely by Covid, cbn's irrational measures and government's lackluster economic policies. These are unusual times and the banks have been hard hit. H1 results will be underwhelming. Let's pray against bank failures.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Northeastern: 3:18am On Jul 15, 2020
BrokerHaruna:
The banks have been shaken severely by Covid, cbn's irrational measures and government's lackluster economic policies. These are unusual times and the banks have been hard hit. H1 results will be underwhelming. Let's pray against bank failures.

Assuming what you posted above is true, how would prayers avoid the failures?

If Covid didn’t teach you Nigerians anything it should have at least exposed the scam y’all have been fed by these con men that always resort to prayers.

Why not pray against COVID-19 that is the root cause?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 6:06am On Jul 15, 2020
Northeastern:

If Covid didn’t teach you Nigerians anything it should have at least exposed the scam y’all have been fed by these con men that always resort to prayers.

As in en! Hehehehehehehe - prayers for this and that. The scam of religion in Nigeria will be exposed one day.

I think banks should be okay. My people, don’t panic sell o! Lol. Stay very calm. And even if prices drop, I know the dividend yield hunters will be ready to mop some up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bakila: 6:33am On Jul 15, 2020
Mpeace:
clap for ur self. U just cut my money by 1kobo.
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by modgba: 6:58am On Jul 15, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 7:05am On Jul 15, 2020
Mcy56:

You can actually make changes to pending orders within the last 10 minutes but can't initiate new ones.

I think I have tried making changes, but the only change I was able to make was to cancel the orders.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 7:31am On Jul 15, 2020
BrokerHaruna:

A lot of you talk trash in this forum.

Pray for what exactly, that banks did not charge me fees during all my transactions in the lockdown even while i did not work?

Or Gtb did not debit me at the end of the month for their loan?

Carry your religion fanaticism elsewhere!!!

Don't piss us off...its too early.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 15, 2020
BrokerHaruna:
Serious bears will descend on the banks. Covid seriously affected their earnings (re-low transactions). The dumpings will soon start. As it is, no bank should be judged on the basis of their old performance. These are unusual times! If care is not taken, some may even go under. SAD

Once you post such, expect the opposite. grin grin

Chibuking81, then you. tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shogbenga: 7:40am On Jul 15, 2020
stcool:

Pray for what exactly, that banks did not charge me fees during all my transactions in the lockdown even while i did not work?

Maybe he has another investment scheme to introduce to us
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 15, 2020
S007:

I don't see this situation playing out. I don't think one quarter issues will kill the banks.
However, if it plays out I will be happy. We will be waiting for the 'serious bears' near the bottom - another wealth transfer on a platter of gold.

I completely agree with you.

Nigerian banks may have reduced transactions but it will not be as bad as he portrayed.

The big banks have net FX cushion that they will book as FX revaluation gains. This will come in handy to boost PAT.

Nigerian banks are not like US or EU banks that engaged in complex transactions.

We will see how the Q2 results are soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 15, 2020
BrokerHaruna:

I believe the Nigerian banks will weather the storm. They are not like US or EU banks that suffered from margin trading loan losses, mortgage cashflow freeze, car loan losses due to the crash in stock prices and decline in business activities/temporary closure of business.

Meanwhile, the recession around the world seems to be gathering steam. We will see how global governments tackle it this time.

I will see if Fed will start to buy stocks grin grin I will see the name Fed will call that process.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 15, 2020
Northeastern:

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:05am On Jul 15, 2020
Northeastern:

Don't mind him, I should pray for Agbaje of GTB and his bank that debited me during lockdown or Wigwe and his bank bank that donated billions to FG that deducted money from me carelessly.

The guys pastor is surely enjoying life on his sweat like so many Nigerians grin!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:42am On Jul 15, 2020
IMPLICATIONS OF THE NEW CBN POLICY OF GSI

The CBN yesterday released a new policy called GSI (Global Standing Instruction). The policy is a very welcome policy. Below, i try to summarize the major points of the policy.

1. It applies to all financial institutions in the country.

2. If you take a loan in any bank (say GTB) and you refuse to pay back, we would look for any other bank(s) in the country (say Access bank, and Sterling bank) where you have accounts and there is money, we would take the money from those accounts and pay GTB back.
E.g you take 30k Loan from GTB and you fail to pay back. You have 10k in your Access bank account, 15k in your Sterling bank joint account with your wife and 8k in your child's First bank account that you help her manage (because she is still a minor). We would sweep the 15k in your Sterling bank joint account with your wife, sweep the 10k in your Access Bank, and take 5k out of the 8k you have in your child's First Bank account. We would send them all to GTB. The remaining 3k in your child's First Bank account would not be touched. That's a promise. ��

3. Even if its a joint account that your BVN is found on, money would be moved from there!

4. If we find out that you have an account that we should have moved money from but you have done chua-chua to not put your bvn on that account, then your BVN would be watchlisted. My brother, that is a major gbege! You are finished!

5. Only principal and interest would be swept from your other accounts. Penalty charges would not be included. CBN don try for us o. ��

6. If a bank wrongfully activates GSI on you (you have not defaulted on your loan and they go make the system sweep from your other accounts) , the bank would pay a fine of 500k sharparly. No begging.

7. If you complain about a wrongful activation of GSI on your accounts, and the bank claims you are wrong, you then decide to request for arbitration. If the arbiter rules that you are correct, then the bank pays a fine of 10M. No story!

The GSI becomes effective from August 1st 2020.

This helps the system to fight serial loan defaulters and allows banks to more readily give out loans. As a matter of fact, a bank can now choose to give you a loan without you previously having an account with the bank.

https://www.proshareng.com/news/Debtors---Recovery/CBN-Issues-Operational-Guidelines-On-GSI/52210

This a new dawn and welcome development.

LETS KNOW OUR NETWORTH cool

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 9:11am On Jul 15, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 9:25am On Jul 15, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

I completely agree with you.

Nigerian banks may have reduced transactions but it will not be as bad as he portrayed.

The big banks have net FX cushion that they will book as FX revaluation gains. This will come in handy to boost PAT.

Nigerian banks are not like US or EU banks that engaged in complex transactions.

We will see how the Q2 results are soon.

Very important keyword there at the bolded between us and them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 9:27am On Jul 15, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

I believe the Nigerian banks will weather the storm. They are not like US or EU banks that suffered from margin trading loan losses, mortgage cashflow freeze, car loan losses due to the crash in stock prices and decline in business activities/temporary closure of business.

Meanwhile, the recession around the world seems to be gathering steam. We will see how global governments tackle it this time.

I will see if Fed will start to buy stocks grin grin I will see the name Fed will call that process.

“Quantitative outright buying?”

Hahahahaha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:38am On Jul 15, 2020
phoinix:

Sorry, I meant sold. I don't know why this Ogas sour. I did something extraordinary and they bent on shooting me down. grin grin grin

smiley Let not the excitement fizzle out during the days of school fees

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 9:40am On Jul 15, 2020
stcool:

I don't think he's a religious fanatic. I don't know if he's got a precedence though. But, you know, religion gives people hope in bad times; even if it's mostly false hopes, but still...

In an unrelated story, the saddest thing I have read this year aside Covid 19 is the apparent murder in his home of Fahim Saleh, the founder of Gokada - who I got to know after his speech when Lagos banned Okada in some parts.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5867) (5868) (5869) (5870) (5871) (5872) (5873) ... (7742) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lancee(m), bolton08(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.