Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,713 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5894) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10885314 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5891) (5892) (5893) (5894) (5895) (5896) (5897) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2020
Real scammers? grin
PETERiCHY:

UACN on FULL OFFER at N6.60K grin grin grin

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2020
MonsieurCoder:
DrAwo
Rabbidoracle
Ukay2
Mcy56
Emmanuelewumi

@everyone

Please, what do you think about these stocks at their current market prices for a long term (5 to 10 years+) investor who hopes to reinvest earned dividends over time?

Dangote Cement
Dangote Sugar
Julius Berger
Nestle
Nigeria Brewries
GTBANK, Zenith, UBA, Stanbic IBTC
CUTIX
BUA CEMENT
LAFARGE AFRICA
MTNN
FLOURMILLS

Also, any other recommendations (dividend paying stocks) will be really appreciated.

Apart from Cutix and BUA, the rest are good for me.

Ensure you have good quantities in volume for each of the aforementioned stocks to enjoy a significant dividend payments.

Ensure to mandate all the stocks for e-dividend payment via their respective registrars

Also take good profits if you're okay with it during bullish markets before the 5-10years and reinvest during bearish markets

Hope you have enough cash flow to increase your holdings

Follow this tread and do your own due diligence always

Remember what Pa Emmanuelwumi said above.

Well done.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2020
leo1234:
Please when can I withdraw money for stock sold today?
Will the weekend count?

You can withdraw today and pay some percentage to your broker or wait till Wednesday before withdrawing without charges.

Some brokers may not charge you anything if you withdraw same day assuming you have good relationship with them...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2020
ukay2:

You can withdraw today and pay some percentage to your broker or wait till Wednesday before withdrawing without charges.

Some brokers may not charge you anything if you withdraw same day assuming you have good relationship with them...

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
RabbiDoracle:
Collapse of USD index.

Please trade with care if you are in the US.

Noted oga !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bakila: 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2020
barrwebilor:

Thank u sir. But lawyers cant engage in any other business than practice.
They can as shareholders. Use the law to your advantage and stop the misconduct. That is if you are truly a lawyer.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by barrwebilor(m): 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2020
bakila:

They can as shareholders. Use the law to your advantage and stop the misconduct. That is if you are truly a lawyer.
Thank u sir. God bless u. My plea 4 help has nothing 2 do with my profession. Life has not been easy for me. Only God knows. Thanks for advice. God bless u
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
Stocks with new 52 week lows
International brew #3.40k
Seplat #347.40k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bakila: 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2020
barrwebilor:

Thank u sir. God bless u. My plea 4 help has nothing 2 do with my profession. Life has not been easy for me. Only God knows. Thanks for advice. God bless u
If you are a lawyer DM your address, I will send a brief.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
MonsieurCoder:
DrAwo
Rabbidoracle
Ukay2
Mcy56
Emmanuelewumi

@everyone

Please, what do you think about these stocks at their current market prices for a long term (5 to 10 years+) investor who hopes to reinvest earned dividends over time?

Dangote Cement
Dangote Sugar
Julius Berger
Nestle
Nigeria Brewries
CUTIX
BUA CEMENT
LAFARGE AFRICA
MTNN
FLOURMILLS

Also, any other recommendations (dividend paying stocks) will be really appreciated.

The stocks mention are good for investment purpose.
For me I prefer the following ahead of others based on high percentage of dividend return earning per share going by their current price and performance.
1. ZENITH bank
2. UBA
3. Africa prudential
4. UCAP
5. Dangote Cement
6. Dangote Sugar
7. Julius Berger
8. CUTIX
9. VITA FOAM
10. GTB

The first four, I.e Zenith, Afriprudent, UCAP, and UBA have between 16/18% earning, meaning that one initial invested capital will return back in 6 years through dividend payment, if maintained their recent dividend.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by just2endowed: 9:58pm On Jul 24, 2020
Pls who use this app chaka to trade? I registered with the chika and I was given a cscs account number. Does it mean I can receive dividen if I buy stocks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 10:19pm On Jul 24, 2020
sincerelymine:
Any alternative to investing.com?

Seems investing is self isolating

-Bloomberg
-MarketWatch

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by X21: 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:19am On Jul 25, 2020
onegentleguy:
BETWEEN WAPCO AND THE QUEST FOR REWARD...

...there are plenty of positives in the company's 2019 YE financial print.
Some key takeaways:

• The group witnessed a remarkable jump accross several key revenue and earnings line. ...with AGPR, AER, EV, ROAA ROAE and EM all showing appreciable improvement.
• The company is currently well hedged against Fx related risk... with a no less than 21% support cushion away from a devaluation.
...the interpretation of this is that unless there's a >21% run in Fx devaluation(on the Naira against the $ and other key currencies), WAPCO is immune to currency risk.
• The 3 yr PTR(pioneer tax relief) will likely add over 7B to the group's purse.
• The coy also currently enjoys a favourable grant from the FG via the CBN/BOI at below-market interest rate.
• The merger with one of its subsidiary(Larfage Readymix), a part of the in-house innovative drive by management is expected to save cost of near 2B and boost overall earnings by circa 10-13%.
...management also did well to supplement that with a cut down on admin expense and other opex line by circa 29.3% and 31.5% respectively.

However, I am curious to know more about the company's benefit from its JV asset with CBI(continental blue inv, Ghana) wherein it owns a 35% majority stake.
The group recently granted a $1.39M loan to CBI(a coy with interest in development, financing and operation of cement grinding plant in Ghana) @ an interest rate of LIBOR(1 yr) + 11% p/a, with due date to yr 2023.
CBI Ghana is not a quoted company.
LARFAGE reported the loan @ NAFEX rate in their result, and guided that it earns interest from it on a monthly basis.(NTS in view)

That said, the coys report card shows lots of potential for inherent REWARD and less downside for RISK.

In investing in this coy, the KEY things I was looking out to see, is that management did infact learn from their misfortunes between 2016 to mid 2018, and is working to ensure a non-repetition on them.
If LARFAGE were to snap it off from their past woes and grow having made worthy moves(delaveraging efforts, key divestiture etc) to a great point of inflection, then there was need to set in motion a good mechanism to;

1) OPTIMIZE COST(both from their expense and interest bearing line)
2) BE INNOVATIVE so recent efforts on restructuring can yield the needed fruits.
3) GROW EARNINGS.

How have they(management) faired on all 3 lines?
Well, looking at their FY 2019 FP, I'd score them a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10.

More work needs to be done though.
The report highlights clear possibilities of a great REWARD for a mid to long term investor.

HOLD !!

DISCLAIMER: NOT an investment advise. ...due diligence still applies as always.

Selah
X21:

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/30994_LAFARGE_WAPCO_PLC.-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FO.pdf

looks like Covid 19 impact is not impacting on the bottom lines

Great financial report from LAFARGE WAPCO !!
Above par performance accross several key earnings line.
Higher Net profit margin despite slightly lower revenue.
...thanks to efforts at pruning cost accross all key operational lines- with COGS, OPEX(particularly admin expense) and Finance cost all aiding an outstanding growth QoQ and YoY.(EM, B/V, ROAE, ROAA, AER and CGPR in view)

Elsewhere, I also love the remarkable improvement in the coys cash flow position.

There's an immense value-drive potential in this coy !!
Our initial view remains intact.(see post from Q1 above)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 5:58am On Jul 25, 2020
X21:

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/30994_LAFARGE_WAPCO_PLC.-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FO.pdf

Excellent result. Although I expected them to have a great result, this one surpassed my expectation. Full bid loading sooner than later.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 25, 2020
Mpeace:
Excellent result. Although I expected them to have a great result, this one surpassed my expectation. Full bid loading sooner than later.

Chibuking81 will be so so upset. grin grin

Q2 is coming out better than he had imagined.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 25, 2020
onegentleguy:

...thanks to efforts at pruning cost accross all key operational lines- with COGS, OPEX(particularly admin expense) and Finance cost all aiding an outstanding growth QoQ and YoY.(EM, B/V, ROAE, ROAA, AER and CGPR in view)

Elsewhere, I also love the remarkable improvement in the coys cash flow position.

grin grin

Nigerian companies are jaguda.

Trade receivables OK, cashflow from operations positive.

When you least expected them to make money, they do.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 25, 2020
X21:

grin grin grin

Was the lockdown a technical lockdown and not a practical lockdown? grin grin

Make WHO no see these results o grin grin

Dem fit tell us to go and lockdown because we didn't lock down properly.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 25, 2020
1kinggy:

-Bloomberg
-MarketWatch

Just seeing that MarketWatch does same as investing.

Investing charts was distorted by those sharp and erroneous movements in prices.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dinyelutochukwu: 8:52am On Jul 25, 2020
onegentleguy:

Did you see that PAT?
Approximately 300% rise compared to Q2 2019.
So many positives. Kudos to their management.
If this is an indication of how their 2020 FY will look like, then now is the time for dividend hunters to act, in anticipation of a higher dividend pay out.
That is barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Due diligence is highly advised.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by arduino: 8:56am On Jul 25, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

grin grin

Nigerian companies are jaguda.

Trade receivables OK, cashflow from operations positive.

When you least expected them to make money, they do.

I hope UACN and GUINNESS dey see as report suppose be.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tvegas(m): 8:58am On Jul 25, 2020
Tvegas:
So i careless about these market gyrations except something fundamental happens. Right now i am buying Zenith, WAPCO,UCAP. If prices comes down in July i will buy,if they don't i wont regret.Hope you understand my bias.
l mentioned this weeks ago. Wapco remains one of the most undervalued stocks on the NSE. When it's bull run starts no one will be able to catch it. This stock shouldn't be selling for less than N30 right now.

BUA paid a dividend of N1.75kobo out of N1.79 made in FY 2019. Wapco Half year EPS Is already N1.48 kobo. Full year may witness up to N2.50kobo EPS or more as things stand. Tell me a more underrated stock. Buying more on Monday.Result looks forged and unreal.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dinyelutochukwu: 9:17am On Jul 25, 2020
Tvegas:

BUA paid a dividend of N1.75kobo out of N1.79 made in FY 2019. Wapco Half year EPS Is already N1.48 kobo. Full year may witness up to N2.50kobo EPS or more as things stand. Tell me a more underrated stock. Buying more on Monday.Result looks forged and unreal.
You re-echo my sentiments.
The effect is bound to rub off on the share price.
OGG, you’re blessed with incredible foresight.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 25, 2020
MonsieurCoder:
DrAwo
Rabbidoracle
Ukay2
Mcy56
Emmanuelewumi

@everyone

Dangote Cement
Dangote Sugar
Julius Berger
Nestle
Nigeria Brewries
CUTIX
BUA CEMENT
LAFARGE AFRICA
MTNN
FLOURMILLS

My advise is to stick with those banks you mentioned. Entry price is key though.

Imagine having a Dividend yield of appr 24% per annum after deducting Witholding Tax on a bank stock while most of the fixed income instruments in Nigeria gives less than 15% (saving rates OGK%, Tbills 3.4%, OMO 9%, bonds 12.6%).

OGK ~ Only God Knows. grin wink

If you are investing during this period of global recession (occurring in developed markets) which could have effects on other smaller markets, try and concentrate on the cashflow you receive (dividends). If you are satisfied with the percentage cashflow you get compared to the cashflow you get when you leave the money idle in the bank or in other instruments, then you can go ahead and invest.

Your capital may suffer slight decrease especially if you buy high and prices decline. But your cashflow in percentage term remains the same as long as the dividends remain the same.

Goodluck!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 9:23am On Jul 25, 2020
Tvegas:
l mentioned this weeks ago. Wapco remains one of the most undervalued stocks on the NSE. When it's bull run starts no one will be able to catch it. This stock shouldn't be selling for less than N30 right now.

Is wapco Q2 result audited?

Adenuga might be helpful to them via JB contracts

Let's see Q3 result and probably audited report

Disclaimer : am in Wapco bus since oo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 9:27am On Jul 25, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

My advise is to stick with those banks you mentioned. Entry price is key though.

Imagine having a Dividend yield of appr 24% per annum after deducting Witholding Tax on a bank stock while most of the fixed income instruments in Nigeria gives less than 15% (saving rates OGK%, Tbills 3.4%, OMO 9%, bonds 12.6%).

OGK ~ Only God Knows. grin wink

If you are investing during this period of global recession (occurring in developed markets) which could have effects on other smaller markets, try and concentrate on the cashflow you receive (dividends). If you are satisfied with the percentage cashflow you get compared to the cashflow you get when you leave the money idle in the bank or in other instruments, then you can go ahead and invest.

Your capital may suffer slight decrease especially if you buy high and prices decline. But your cashflow in percentage term remains the same as long as the dividends remain the same.

Goodluck!

Very Apt oga RabbiDoracle
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 9:32am On Jul 25, 2020
X21:

This is impressive. Now I can load more come Monday.

Fair price is N40 based on the result.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 25, 2020
dinyelutochukwu:

Did you see that PAT?
Approximately 300% rise compared to Q2 2019.
So many positives. Kudos to their management.
If this is an indication of how their 2020 FY will look like, then now is the time for dividend hunters to act, in anticipation of a higher dividend pay out.
That is barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Due diligence is highly advised.

In anticipation of higher dividend? That is HOPE!

grin grin grin

See what hope can do:

A man bought a hen. He told his wife that he bought a hen. They were happy.

The wife said soon a cock will mate with the hen and it will have many chicks. She continued that the chicks will grow and she will sell all the grown cocks and keep the hens.

She continued narrating how the hens will mate more and they will have more chicks which will grow.

She said after all are grown, she will sell all the hens and cocks and buy a female goat.

That the female goat will mate with a He-goat and will have 3 kids. The kids will grow and she will slaughter the female goat and eat the head of the goat.

The husband got angry. Quarrelling with his wife and asking her, " how can you eat a goat head when I am here". Fight started and it quickly became noisy.

Neighbours were drawn in. The neighbours asked the man and his wife why they are fighting. The man said why should his wife "eat goat head when he is the man of the house" .

Ok, to settle the matter, the neighbours ask "where is the goat head" .

There was no goat head. It was all based on Hope. Hope that the hen will multiply and they sell and buy goat.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 25, 2020
ukay2:

You just dey everywhere. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 9:36am On Jul 25, 2020
ukay2:

I don’t engage in analysis paralysis.

I don’t care if doctored, forged or padded. Mine is to make good money from the stock and handover my kaya to long term investors like you, emma and co.

Once my target RR% is achieved on the stock, I bolt!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 9:46am On Jul 25, 2020
Tvegas:

Let's hope you get substantial units o grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 9:53am On Jul 25, 2020
Coolcash1:

I don’t engage in analysis paralysis.

I don’t care if doctored, forged or padded. Mine is to make good money from the stock and handover my kaya to long term investors like you, emma and co.

Once my target RR% is achieved on the stock, I bolt!
Some stocks do not even need strong fundamentals before they move,some just need posiyve market sentiments,this one has even got all it needs to fly, strong fundamentals,positive market sentiments,and has been depressed for so long.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5891) (5892) (5893) (5894) (5895) (5896) (5897) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: robobo, lasisi(m), SetrakusRa(m), sirrotex and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.