Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,319 members, 7,829,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5982) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10947863 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5979) (5980) (5981) (5982) (5983) (5984) (5985) ... (7776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 4:52pm On Sep 18, 2020
Godisfaithful:

The good times of our market before the emergence of our emperor Buhari grin

We shall see the end of Pa Buhari government and still be in the game by the Grace of God

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2020
ukay2:

We shall see the end of Pa Buhari government and still be in the game by the Grace of God

Maybe when he his gone, NSE will go back to the good times we enjoy...by his grace
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2020
Godisfaithful:

Maybe when he his gone, NSE will go back to the good times we enjoy...by his grace

Na why we are investing in this PLANTING SEASON to reap in HARVEST SEASON....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2020
ukay2:

Na why we are investing in this PLANTING SEASON to reap in HARVEST SEASON....

Market is still going to go down a little bit. We haven't get to the point of consolidation yet...just my opinion

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2020
Godisfaithful:

Market is still going to go down a little bit. We haven't get to the point of consolidation yet...just my opinion

We will keep buying as long as there are funds available.

Harvest time will surely come to us.....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2020
ukay2:

We will keep buying as long as there are funds available.

Harvest time will surely come to us.....

Buying in tranches lol. Nice strategy. God will provide funds grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2020
Godisfaithful:

Buying in tranches lol. Nice strategy. God will provide funds grin

Amen......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2020
Make una continue with this dollars biz.The deregulation/power increment will bring about some heavy investment into this sectors from the big boys in naija because it is now profitable.So what money are they bringing to invest if not this owner dollars. Watch out what is about to happen from first quarter next year concerning dollars
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 5:18pm On Sep 18, 2020
Biafran4life:
Make una continue with this dollars biz.The deregulation/power increment will bring about some heavy investment into this sectors from the big boys in naija because it is now profitable.So what money are they bringing to invest if not this owner dollars. Watch out what is about to happen from first quarter next year concerning dollars

We are all praying for a prosperous Nigeria. All the best

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:09pm On Sep 18, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DexterousOne(m): 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
Biafran4life:
we don't need them.They should remain in their own country.We don't spend dollars in naija

Whether we like it or not

We need them FPIs

Our market is not deep enough
And whether we like to admit it or not

We are still a fundamentally poor country
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 7:04pm On Sep 18, 2020
Eku market o!

Eku Naira o!

Best decision I made this year was dumping the NSE and moving into crypto

After enjoying bull run in Link, YFI, YFII biggest of all was yesterday Uniswap $UNI airdrop for platform users for 400 units UNI worth $1,200 @$3

Got 400X2 meta mask wallets grin

Same $UNI coin now trading for $7 heading to $10-20

Over 2Million free money in less than 24hrs

The future is blockchain...crypto...defi

This year I deserve a new grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jerry59: 7:25pm On Sep 18, 2020
Mcy56:

Depends on the brokerage house you're using.
I use Morgan and can easily check on the iTrade live trading platform.
Oh I see. Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by HelipsTech: 9:44pm On Sep 18, 2020
Please have a questions to ask, I am a total newbie

1) How do I calculate dividends, e.g if a company decides to pay 1.20naira per share

2) how do I receive dividends on chaka?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Penboy: 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2020
Oga sirs... Please I have a question.

While doing my DD I see some company with let's say a P/E ratio of 20.

Other times, some are written at 5x.

How are both interpreted?

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 18, 2020
stcool:
Eku market o!

Eku Naira o!

After enjoying bull run in Link, YFI, YFII biggest of all was yesterday Uniswap $UNI airdrop for platform users for 400 units UNI worth $1,200 @$3

I want to tell you a story, story story oh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 11:28pm On Sep 18, 2020
Biafran4life:
I want to tell you a story, story story oh

Google is your friend. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fidtopade: 10:08am On Sep 19, 2020
I have some cash with me that I am not going to use soon. So I am seeking opinion of gurus in the house on the best amongst these companies shares to invest for a period of seven to eight months: WAPCO, ETI, FBNH, FIDELITY BANK and GUIENESS BREWERY. note, I will be hoping to cash out between March to May 2021. Thanks in anticipation of your opinions.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PeoplesArmy: 10:26am On Sep 19, 2020
stcool:
Eku market o!

Eku Naira o!

It's like you are a gullible and impressionable fellow. Are you not the same guy that was hyping and accumulating Sterling Bank some months ago? Suddenly you have become an expert in US Stocks.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:25am On Sep 19, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 11:46am On Sep 19, 2020
talk2me2:
Ask BullBearMkt
putara gini? Why connecting me to a "blog turned to a dating convo" angry
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:
I just learned that FIDSON is manufacturing for GSK in Nigeria.

https://ng.gsk.com/media/783940/glaxo_smithkline_consumer_nig_plc_corporate_actions_april_2019.pdf

Just learned? Someone asked some questions few months back about Fidson and I answered them. Maybe you missed it. My response below.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2020
nna777:

Fidson just secured a 3 year tax holiday. So within these 3yrs, their finance cost and interest payable will drastically reduce.

Also they secured a contract with GSK from 2021 to produce some of their products at their new facility at Ota. So this will add to their bottom line in the long run.

Finally their partnership with O'Hara pharmaceutical will both broaden and increase their market share in the coming years.

I hope this helps

Here
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
PeoplesArmy:

It's like you are a gullible and impressionable fellow. Are you not the same guy that was hyping and accumulating Sterling Bank some months ago? Suddenly you have become an expert in US Stocks.

I will come back in January and give sth to NSE ahead of yr end, till then

...Stay pressed grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lovewins: 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
stcool:

I will come back in January and give sth to NSE ahead of yr end, till then

...Stay pressed grin

Hello bro

Recently got involved with crypto, will like of you could help with signals on when to buy and when to sell. How can you be reached?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:27pm On Sep 19, 2020
HelipsTech:
Please have a questions to ask, I am a total newbie
1) How do I calculate dividends, e.g if a company decides to pay 1.20naira per share

2) how do I receive dividends on chaka?
Question 1: Just multiply 1.20 by the number of units you have.
For instance if you have 50,000 units of Stock A, multiply 50,000 by 1.20 = 60,000.......minus 10% withholding tax.......your total dividend will be 54,000.

Question 2: You can ask this question on US Stock pick alert for quick response.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
nna777:

Just learned? Someone asked some questions few months back about Fidson and I answered them. Maybe you missed it. My response below.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
fidtopade:
I have some cash with me that I am not going to use soon. So I am seeking opinion of gurus in the house on the best amongst these companies shares to invest for a period of seven to eight months: WAPCO, ETI, FBNH, FIDELITY BANK and GUIENESS BREWERY. note, I will be hoping to cash out between March to May 2021.

Let's wait for the elders and the gurus, this one pass my level. smiley
Where is everyone, this thread is dry.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:42pm On Sep 19, 2020
rahjan:
A burial ground that you find so difficult to leave alone. Are you an undertaker?
I don add my "like" to this post.
Lmao @ the question. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2020
talk2me2:
Ask BullBearMkt
Are you saying Stockbull is also BBM?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by prof2007: 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2020
Penboy:
Oga sirs... Please I have a question.

While doing my DD I see some company with let's say a P/E ratio of 20. Other times, some are written at 5x.

How are both interpreted?

Thanks.

P/E ratio, also called P/E or PER means "Price to Earnings Ratio". It is the ratio of a company's share price to the company's earnings per share i.e. it is calculated as Share Price divided by Earnings Per Share.

The ratio is used for valuing companies and to find out whether they are overvalued or undervalued. Roughly speaking, it gives an idea of how long it would take an investor to recover his initial investment without selling the stock. Thus, it is also called "earnings multiple".

For example, Zenith Bank Plc with current share price of N16.70 has a P/E Ratio of 2.35 or earnings multiple of 2.35x. Every other thing being equal, we can conclude that Zenith share price is low, since it would take an investor only 2.35 years to recover his initial investment.

Of course, in stock analysis, P/E Ratio is not taken in isolation. There are very many indicators and factors to consider. For example, a stock may have a very high P/E Ratio because investors have faith in the future prospects of the company, or because the share float (number of shares freely available for trading) is very low.

If you are performing stock analysis, you can execute it from the perspective of:
1. Fundamental Analysis (looking for intrisic/ long-term value)
OR
2. Technical Analysis (looking for chart-based/ short-term value).

Cheers!

10 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5979) (5980) (5981) (5982) (5983) (5984) (5985) ... (7776) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SonofElElyonRet, Pifebhor(f), ndept, vacanci, Emeka1441, shonyboi(m), BabsO2(m), talktofemi, ozome15(m), stcool(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.