Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,412 members, 7,812,221 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10847436 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6375) (6376) (6377) (6378) (6379) (6380) (6381) ... (7741) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:07pm On May 17, 2021
ZENITH:
Moneybags are reasoning it's matter........Much accumulations and cross deals @23.70......

UACN:. Quite some crossings @10.40....…...seems like more directors or ogas on top are picking their stakes ........

ETERNA: On full bid @7.26........anything brewing here?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 17, 2021
Abc Transport responding to short term call.
Wey the guy wey prefer cutix to Abc when I made the call 2 weeks ago?

After fundamentals, Technicals follows.

Abc is responding to our technical chart calls.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 17, 2021
yMcy56:
ZENITH:
Moneybags are reasoning it's matter........Much accumulations and cross deals @23.70......

UACN:. Quite some crossings @10.40....…...seems like more directors or ogas on top are picking their stakes ........

ETERNA: On full bid @7.26........anything brewing here?

Oando is next.The technicals of oando is improving
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 1:46pm On May 17, 2021
locodemy:

Oando is next.The technicals of oando is improving

Oando is only for the extremely brave.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 17, 2021
Lion123:

Oando is only for the extremely brave.

I am not referring to oando as an investment but trading.
10-20℅ is ok.you go your way.
Expect oando to trade btw 3.50-4.00 in the coming days/weeks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:37pm On May 17, 2021
E Ku Market o.

Those last minutes trades though!! shocked
UCAP, Zee, Regal, Chi Plc, FBNH, Sterling, Royalex....
Dangsugar just gathering momentum....15M block crossing @17.80....... Chai!
UCAP: @6.30......... Megawealth go sleep so tey for his junction......just as Peter is still waiting for SEPLAT at 150...... lipsrsealed grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:55pm On May 17, 2021
yMcy56:
E Ku Market o.

UCAP: @6.30......... Megawealth go sleep so tey for his junction......just as Peter is still waiting for SEPLAT at 150...... lipsrsealed grin

Seplat at N150, with God nothing is impossible. Just have faith like mustard seed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 5:09pm On May 17, 2021
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:03pm On May 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Seplat at N150, with God nothing is impossible. Just have faith like mustard seed
Na so Peter talk am when he saw it at below 300 oooo. grin
Peter and his ridiculous bargain prices........cheesy
I don't know how else bargain could have presented itself more than that ........300 was just a steal away price at that time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 119mba(m): 7:05pm On May 17, 2021
sonofElElyon:

I can only act when there's money available to act with, which is why I asked for CURRENT standings NOW that I'm ready . It's been months in between I believe.
Anyway it's all good

You guys should look the direction of REGENCY ALLIANCE.

Shout out to @Onegentleguy.
He gave reasons suggesting that if the same indices of valuations is used, REGALINS & SOVRENINS should be trading within the same price range as ROYALEX (Equation X=Y where Y=2).

He also hinted at the possibility of a Merger for them as the deadline for Recapitalization by NAICOM draws near in SEPTEMBER.

I actually saw articles that reference REGENCY ALLIANCE "may" go the way of Merger with NEM INSURANCE.

Mind you, this may, or may not happen.
It May also depend on if they are able to raise enough funds to shore up to the required Capital from existing Shareholders, General public or from Private Partnership.

These are the Links below:

https://investogist.com/the-case-of-regency-alliance-insurance-plc-merger-or-recapitalization/

Nairametrics:

https://nairametrics.com/2017/03/04/deal-regency-alliance-and-nem-insurance-merge-in-ghana/

Edited!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:25pm On May 17, 2021
119mba:

He gave reasons suggesting that if the same indices of valuations is used, REGALINS & SOVRENINS should be trading within the same price range as ROYALEX (Equation Xp=Y where Y=2).

He also hinted at the possibility of a Merger for them as the deadline by NAICOM draws near in SEPTEMBER.
I will share the Links later when am relax enough to find them.
Any insurance lover who can take time to go thru the referenced post (by OGG) will know which ones to try out..... grin

I equally fished out Royalex here last year or so, anyone that picked @22/23k and was patient will be smiling now.......
ROYALEX closed @83k........that's around +300% gain....
I'm watching STI and Chi too.......
Chi already moved from 33k, closed @51k today.

** Not any form of recommendation. DD applies**

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 119mba(m): 7:44pm On May 17, 2021
@yMcy56: I agree. His post is always detailed.
Well-done dear, you are appreciated.

NOTE: I edited my Post above to include the Links.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by igbizen(m): 7:48pm On May 17, 2021
ositadima1:

Oga, let me start with that I don't claim to be an expert in these matters. I feel that our small forum, NSEMPA, is lacking in a lot of ways. Cos, spending some time on reddit and other foreign forums opened my eyes to what it really takes to trade in ways similar to what professionals do.

Apart from a few individuals on this forum, most of the discussions held here are elementary or primitive, lol. I hope u look beyond this forum and see for ur self.

In my limited view, 98% are buy&hold who use fundamentals to select investments. The rest are just tagging along.

And yes, traders, that is people who depend on shorter time market inefficiencies need math beyond addition and subtraction. A good knowledge of introductory statistics and probability is very useful. Well, once again, if u do more of trading than buy & hold, I suggest u also check out other foreign forums.
Share links to other forums please
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:51pm On May 17, 2021
sonofElElyon:
Kindly give the top 5 picks in the insurance sector in descending order (first to last)..

Ours the risk of course
The post you quoted already gave more than enough answer to your inquiry.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:57pm On May 17, 2021
119mba:
@yMcy56: I agree. His post is always detailed.
Well-done dear, you are appreciated.

NOTE: I edited my Post above to include the Links.
Thanks sir.
Checked the link and saw 2018 date, don't you think there must have been some updates there?
Also says Ghana.......we needed to be on the lookout for the Nigerian version .....don't you think?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:04pm On May 17, 2021
locodemy:
Market has sent them to village.
Valentine Nwoke has explained.
Lol. Funny. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 8:07pm On May 17, 2021
yMcy56:

The post you quoted already gave more than enough answer to your inquiry.

We've been through this before actually.. I wanted "in descending order".. he declined.. I moved on..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 8:08pm On May 17, 2021
119mba:

You guys should look the direction of REGENCY ALLIANCE.

He gave reasons suggesting that if the same indices of valuations is used, REGALINS & SOVRENINS should be trading within the same price range as ROYALEX (Equation X=Y where Y=2).

He also hinted at the possibility of a Merger for them as the deadline for Recapitalization by NAICOM draws near in SEPTEMBER.

I actually saw articles that reference REGENCY ALLIANCE "may" go the way of Merger with NEM INSURANCE.

Mind you, this may, or may not happen.
It May also depend on if they are able to raise enough funds to shore up to the required Capital from existing Shareholders, General public or from Private Partnership.

These are the Links below:

https://investogist.com/the-case-of-regency-alliance-insurance-plc-merger-or-recapitalization/

Nairametrics:

https://nairametrics.com/2017/03/04/deal-regency-alliance-and-nem-insurance-merge-in-ghana/

Edited!!

Thanks for your input

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 119mba(m): 8:11pm On May 17, 2021
yMcy56:

Thanks sir.
Checked the link and saw 2018 date, don't you think there must have been some updates there?
Also says Ghana.......we needed to be on the lookout for the Nigerian version .....don't you think?

Yes Nairametrics ran that article back then when Ghana Merger happened. But our NAICOM was not too pressing on Recapitalization back then that time. Now there is deadline, they may Consider it since sourcing for Funds from Public may be tight with Nigeria's economic crunch.
The second article from Investogist.com is more recent, last year I suppose.

The Insurance Companies will look for all available ways to get Funds anyhow they can, and since they merged their Subsidiaries in Ghana during Ghana Recapitalization exercise, the parents Companies might replicate it here in Nigeria to become Mega Insurance Company. Access Bank is becoming Mega Bank (just saying).

NOTE: Did you see that huge Volume traded in NEM Insurance today? It's unusual.

Edited!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 8:12pm On May 17, 2021
yMcy56:

Any insurance lover who can take time to go thru the referenced post (by OGG) will know which ones to try out..... grin

I equally fished out Royalex here last year or so, anyone that picked @22/23k and was patient will be smiling now.......
ROYALEX closed @83k........that's around +300% gain....
I'm watching STI and Chi too.......
Chi already moved from 33k, closed @51k today.

** Not any form of recommendation. DD applies**

Hmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:13pm On May 17, 2021
Mpeace:
So after seeing this today, I now think I have to invest in uacn from tomorrow.
Disclaimer : Not a buy recommendation.
Seeing clearly after all the bashing.
Well done sir. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:15pm On May 17, 2021
119mba:
Yes Nairametrics ran that article back then when Ghana Merger happened. But our NAICOM was not too pressing on Recapitalization back then that time. Now there is deadline, they may Consider it since sourcing for Funds from Public may be tight with Nigeria's economic crunch.
The second article from Investogist.com is more recent, last year I suppose.
You're possibly right. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:20pm On May 17, 2021
sonofElElyon:
Hmmmmm
Lol.
Mcy is not supposed to talk about insurance stocks. My ogas-on-top don't like it and I don't want to offend them. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 8:23pm On May 17, 2021
yMcy56:

Lol.
Mcy is not supposed to talk about insurance stocks. My ogas-on-top don't like it and I don't want to offend them. lipsrsealed

Okay ooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ishiewo: 8:34pm On May 17, 2021
Please, can someone explain to me what "All-share index" means.

Thanks for the anticipated response
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Truth234(m): 9:27pm On May 17, 2021
Nigeria’s Inflation Moderates Slightly to 18.12 Percent in April 2021

https://investorsking.com/2021/05/17/nigerias-inflation-moderates-slightly-to-18-12-percent-in-april-2021/

Naira Exchange Rates; Monday, May 17, 2021

https://investorsking.com/2021/05/17/naira-exchange-rates-monday-may-17-2021/

Equities Market Sheds N92 Billion on Monday

https://investorsking.com/2021/05/17/equities-market-sheds-n92-billion-on-monday/

Eterna Plc Sustains Bullish Run on Monday; Rises to 52-Week High

https://investorsking.com/2021/05/17/eterna-plc-sustains-bullish-run-on-monday-rises-to-52-week-high/

Nigeria’s Food Inflation Drops Marginally in April 2021

https://investorsking.com/2021/05/17/nigerias-food-inflation-drops-marginally-in-april-2021/

Nairametrics, Proshareng, Investors King, Others Named Top 5 Financial Online Media on Nigerian Banks in April

https://investorsking.com/2021/05/17/nairametrics-proshareng-investors-king-others-named-top-5-financial-online-media-on-nigerian-banks-in-april/

Combined Revenues Of World’s Top Five Football Clubs Still $330M Below Pre-COVID-19 Levels

https://investorsking.com/2021/05/17/combined-revenues-of-worlds-top-five-football-clubs-still-330m-below-pre-covid-19-levels/

Invest Africa and Absa Group Announce Strategic Collaboration

https://investorsking.com/2021/05/17/invest-africa-and-absa-group-announce-strategic-collaboration/

Ethereum CEO Vitalik Burns $6.6B Worth of Shiba Inu Tokens

https://investorsking.com/2021/05/17/ethereum-ceo-vitalik-burns-6-6b-worth-of-shiba-inu-tokens/

Nigeria Lost $10.3bn to Boko Haram, Armed Insurgency in 2020

https://investorsking.com/2021/05/16/nigeria-lost-10-3bn-to-boko-haram-armed-insurgency-in-2020/

Ekeh, Zinox boss, To Headline Konga SME CONNECT Conference

https://investorsking.com/2021/05/17/ekeh-zinox-boss-to-headline-konga-sme-connect-conference/

FG to Roll Out Regulations for Fintech, Other Digital Investment

https://investorsking.com/2021/05/17/fg-to-roll-out-regulations-for-fintech-other-digital-investment/

Agusto & Co Forecasts $22B Diaspora Remittances for Nigeria in 2021

https://investorsking.com/2021/05/17/agusto-co-forecasts-22b-diaspora-remittances-for-nigeria-in-2021/

Institutions Keep Accumulating Bitcoin As It Dips Below $45K

https://investorsking.com/2021/05/16/institutions-keep-accumulating-bitcoin-as-it-dips-below-45k/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:31pm On May 17, 2021
grin
yMcy56:
E Ku Market o.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:44am On May 18, 2021
Brace for impact grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:53am On May 18, 2021
onegentleguy:

For those still wondering why the price of certain coys(including some select few in the banking sector) aren't dropping, there should be no surprises.
I believe the answer lies somewhere btw the posts above.

Personally, I do not foresee a deep bear mkt.
A correction/pullback amidst a slow rise in price every now and then should be more like it. (well, for now)
It will however not be across board... but along select sound/healthy coys.

If u were an investor in say ZENITH, UCAP FIDELITY, DANGOTE SUGAR, GTB or other high capital growth/yield asset and u decide to liquidate ur holding now, where will u put/divert the funds to? What investment security channel with less volatility/risk can guarantee better return? One that can be positive after adjusting for surrounding risk.(real return in view)
Maybe cryptocurrencies... which unfortunately, is not a language that folks like PFAs, FPIs, DPIs, HNIs and many retail mkt players 'will like to understand'. smiley wink cheesy

The truth is: The current misgivings in our economy has created an expanded risk premium that leaves little room to play around other alternative investment channels. ...in other words unlike in the past, there are not too many rewarding options to tap from and so 'you've got to make do with what's on ground for now.'

And for those wondering why I didn't mention hold cash... well, think of the 'twin evil' of inflation and devaluation, and remember that the cash u'd want to hold is the Naira. Needless to say that it makes absolutely no sense leaving ur cash idle in the bank. At this time, ur cash (naira) isn't king... it's a slave, unless it's making more money for u.(more than enough to cover enough ground)

The only other reasonable option will be to hedge upon stronger currencies (fx conversion, aligning with dollarized FI instruments and/or holding fx-related asset) but then again, there'll be need for careful planning to ensure u derive more when compared to holding certain select equities.
Some key names in equities can still deliver good RRM should we peg a projected timeframe... hence the reason they are holding up.

It is well.

On the part in bold, it looks like the 1st 2 (Fx conversion and that of aligning with dollarized FI instruments) is now gradually loosing it's weighting in view of the search for better investment return. Note the term; loosing... meaning that it can be rewarding but not as much as one would've ordinarily expected.
Only the 3rd/last (holding fx-related asset) makes much more sense now.

Why?
The recent decision by the CBN to adopt the I&E window rate as it's exchange benchmark has largely contracted the gap between it's official window peg and the parallel mkt rate.
The result? There'll likely be a little more risk for those who might want to short the Naira or hedge against currency risk while seeking arbitrage gains/yield in Fx fiat.
Put differently, u may not make as much in real terms (real return... not norminal) converting that ur Naira to $/Fx or playing in say the Eurobond mkt given current economic reality.
In fact, diminishing returns might set in for those who don't do their homework well.

The best form of hedge among the 3 (better RRM in view) lies in the last option; holding fx-related asset. (like BTC, ETH, LTC and other stable but highly adapt crypto coins with real life use cases)
Otherwise, looking out for sound fundamental asset with high plausible CGY (capital gains yield) in the equity mkt space can also suffice.

And before I forget; Chief Emefiele appears to love flip-ups upon policies... however, if the Apex bank does not revert back on this policy, then the move is a + for the equity mkt.
Yes our foreign brothers may not fancy coming in now for reasons bothering around the present state of the economy, but they now do have one less reason to not want to do so, as their fx-driven asset purchasing power gains a little more strength relative to the Naira.

Again, the move will help discourage capital flight as the FPIs already in, now also have one more reason to want to hold on considering that the potential value/weight of their cash position would be less should they decide to liquidate their equity holding now and convert to Fx. (for possible repatriation)
So there's a high probability that they'll hang in a bit... especially in fundamentally sound equity/securities where the possible CGY exceeds the value difference btw the CBN rate before now(pre-unification with the I&E window rate) and now.
FPIs will also fancy the fact that there should be a bit more exchange rate clarity given the less Fx disparity/better convergence that comes with that CBN move.

Elsewhere, domestic mkt players like PFAs, DPIs, HNIs and mid-long-haul retail participants are also likely to maintain their short-mid term position largely due to the high economic difficiencies that has created an expanded risk premium leaving little room to play around other alternative investment channels in search of better yield.

In all, chances of having a favourable mkt appears to have gone a step upward while that of witnessing an unfavorable one just dropped a step downward. Perhaps, this could be one of the key reason the mkt has remained relatively stable.

While nothing is cast in stone, everything seems to align with the thinking that the mkt may not drop as much as some folks might want to believe.
As I said before; I do not foresee a deep bear mkt. A correction/pullback amidst a slow rise in price every now and then should be more like it. ...FOR NOW.
It will however not be across board... but along select sound/healthy coys.

Just ensure u BUY RIGHT!

Selah

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 12:10pm On May 18, 2021
No Market today
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:10pm On May 18, 2021
ACCESS:
Completes Mozambique acquisition....
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33354_ACCESS_BANK_PLC%20ACCESS_BANK_PLC_ANNOUNCES_COMPLETION_.pdf

CORNERSTONE 2020 FYE:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33350_CORNERSTONE_INSURANCE_PLC%20_AUDITED_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT.pdf

UNILEVER:
Separation from Tea Business.....
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33345_UNILEVER_NIGERIA_PLC%20UNILEVER_NIGERIA_PLC_TEA_BUSINES.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 18, 2021
-Abc Trans on the move.
Those at caverton and oando should wait.
10-20℅ is sure in a couple of days/weeks.

-Transcorp- unending consolidations.
Patience is needed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6375) (6376) (6377) (6378) (6379) (6380) (6381) ... (7741) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jaybee3(m), ositadima1(m), Prolificlife(f), IYGEAL(m), Curiouscity(m), Kwibaba(m), ismailvividview, ogoo4real, Mpeace(m), unite4real, ndept, dapix, Zagee, leparj(m), Boshins, defebe, kdaddy, Whytehandy, Adinije(f), Emumakpo and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.